Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tim Hill is preaching this Sunday at Family Worship Center (Jimmy Swaggart)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tim Hill is preaching this Sunday at Family Worship Center (Jimmy Swaggart) caveator
I just saw it promoted on Swaggart’s station as I was flipping through the channels. I can’t wait to watch. Acts-celerater
6/1/18 8:26 pm

Post I'm the General Overseeer Belieber
He'll probably get up there and say, "Well, I'm the General Overseer, I can do whatever I want..." Like he has at precious camp meetings and services. And then sing some good ole songs out of the red back hymnal. Hey, DOC
6/2/18 9:58 pm

Post Hmm .. Hope he preaches on the Resurrection Rafael D Martinez
I was at a community prayer time the other day and ran into a friend I haven't seen in literally 35 years and in our sharing, he advised he was a proud viewer of SBC (had one of those big black JSM New Testaments jammed into his pocket somehow) and that he wanted to know if I knew Tim Hill was to be preaching there, pressing home that the Message of the Cross was the truth.

I asked him how important the resurrection of Jesus was. And like most any other Swaggartite I've ever met or talked to over the years, he promptly told me it was not, that Cross was paramount. I asked him about 1 Cor 15 and asked him to read the first four verses of it in his big NT. He wouldn't.

The conversation stayed friendly even as it got intensely heated. I found other old friends caught up in a Swaggart-based church in the area.

A very sad day. Here's hoping the real "full gospel" gets proclaimed today.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
6/3/18 8:29 am

Post Re: I'm the General Overseeer Eddie Robbins
Belieber wrote:
He'll probably get up there and say, "Well, I'm the General Overseer, I can do whatever I want..." Like he has at precious camp meetings and services. And then sing some good ole songs out of the red back hymnal.

Since most camp meetings are on video, could you please provide one where Tim Hill said “I’m the general overseer, I can do whatever I want?”

Somewhere, I read something about bearing a false witness. I think it was pretty serious.
Acts-pert Poster
6/3/18 9:30 am

Post General Oversser: FWC - Baton Rouge - Jimmy Swaggart Ministries COG a Long Time
I just heard General Overseer Tim Hill at Family Worship Center in Baton Rouge this morning. In my 70+ years of being a part of the Church of God, it was one of the best sermons on Pentecost that I have ever heard. I thought it would be hard to “top” Ray Hughes, Wade Horton, or Charles Conn’s sermons on Pentecost and Pentecostal distinctives, but I believe Bishop Hill’s sermon was one needed for the Pentecostal movement in 2018. And, about every ten minutes, he would say: “I just came by here to tell you.” I wonder where he first heard that phrase? You’re going to have to be be “seasoned” Church of God to answer that. Also, anyone who is a FB member, feel free to post this critique on the “You might have a heritage in the Church of God If....” I don’t have FB but see that page once in a while. BTW: I didn’t say his sermon was “better” than Hughes, Horton, Conn, or other GO’s. I just believe Brother Hill’s sermon was “right on the spot” for the Pentecostal movement in 2018. New Member
6/3/18 1:08 pm

Post Re: Hmm .. Hope he preaches on the Resurrection Link
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
I was at a community prayer time the other day and ran into a friend I haven't seen in literally 35 years and in our sharing, he advised he was a proud viewer of SBC (had one of those big black JSM New Testaments jammed into his pocket somehow) and that he wanted to know if I knew Tim Hill was to be preaching there, pressing home that the Message of the Cross was the truth.

I asked him how important the resurrection of Jesus was. And like most any other Swaggartite I've ever met or talked to over the years, he promptly told me it was not, that Cross was paramount. I asked him about 1 Cor 15 and asked him to read the first four verses of it in his big NT. He wouldn't.

The conversation stayed friendly even as it got intensely heated. I found other old friends caught up in a Swaggart-based church in the area.

Good to see you back, Rafael. Maybe you've been back a while and I just haven't read the forum enough to see.

When I went to Family Worship Center in the 1980's, it seemed like Jimmy Swaggart emphasized the resurrection in his evangelism, at least to the extent that he relied heavily on Romans 10:9-10 for the sinner's prayer. Does He now say anything that indicates that he does not think the resurrection of Christ is not important, or that it is less important than the cross? Is it just certain Swaggart fans that think that way because he talks about the centrality of the cross so much and makes out like other Christians and other Pentecostals in particular don't do the same?
6/3/18 9:57 pm

Post Re: Hmm .. Hope he preaches on the Resurrection Resident Skeptic
Rafael D Martinez wrote:

Amen.
6/3/18 10:03 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I don't watch Swaggert.

Got family that does.

RDM is right! Very Happy

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/4/18 1:57 pm

Post FLRon
Suppose ol’ Jimmy got a reciprocal preaching engagement out of the deal?
6/4/18 8:37 pm

Post Cojak
I did not see nor hear the sermon, BUT my wife HEARD this while attending the Hardee's old people's breakfast time with her classmates in Class of 56.

"Did anyone see a Rev Hill on TV yesterday? My wife and I were touched and blessed listening to him, does any one here know of him?" This was from two staunch Southern Baptist friends of my wife. She was shocked to hear that and said "Yes I know him!"

I thought I would just report that! Smile Smile Smile It was an unsolicited compliment to a Rev. Hill. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/4/18 9:14 pm

Post Re: I'm the General Overseeer Belieber
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Belieber wrote:
He'll probably get up there and say, "Well, I'm the General Overseer, I can do whatever I want..." Like he has at precious camp meetings and services. And then sing some good ole songs out of the red back hymnal.

Since most camp meetings are on video, could you please provide one where Tim Hill said “I’m the general overseer, I can do whatever I want?”

Somewhere, I read something about bearing a false witness. I think it was pretty serious.

https://www.facebook.com/alabamacog/videos/1554713027885675/

1:22 skip to there.

“You wanna know what’s best thing about being General Overseer is? When you get the mic and you get on stage and you don’t want to preach and you wanna sing all night, you can do that.”

There is your video proof and quote from his lips not mine.

People come to camp meeting to be fed the word of God, not the songs of Tim Hill and whatever he wants to do.

But thank you for your concern Eddie.
Hey, DOC
6/5/18 1:03 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I went to 1:22.

Tim Hill was not even on the platform.

I'll tell you this though.

When the Holy Ghost moves.

I'm moving with Him.

Every time, all day long! Laughing

www.spwc.church
6/5/18 1:48 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
It was at 1:22:40 actually. I heard it. It seemed to me to just be playful banter. Whoever happens to have the mic can do what Bro Hill did, regardless of whether they are the General Overseer. 🤓 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/5/18 1:59 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
If a dude is anointed - I want him to do whatever the Spirit prompts him to do.

Sing, preach, shout, take an offering...anything.
6/5/18 5:15 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It was at 1:22:40 actually. I heard it. It seemed to me to just be playful banter. Whoever happens to have the mic can do what Bro Hill did, regardless of whether they are the General Overseer. 🤓

Seriously! And it's his usual MO to sing a few songs. "Not preach if he doesn't want to?"

I think he is one of those preachers (and I say this respectfully) that would rather preach than eat (or just about anything else.) Has anyone ever seen him in a service where he didn't preach?
6/7/18 5:26 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Here's a link to the service if you haven't seen it. I haven't yet...

https://www.facebook.com/sonlifebroadcastingnetwork/videos/1874945322524132/

From what I understand, he preached about the power of Pentecost.
6/7/18 5:27 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It was at 1:22:40 actually. I heard it. It seemed to me to just be playful banter. Whoever happens to have the mic can do what Bro Hill did, regardless of whether they are the General Overseer. 🤓

I am fine with playful banter, but if it is a mindset that’s where I have issue. I never heard Dennis, Raymond, or Mark while GO make a joke like that. They were outstanding servants of the church that I feel fought for a lot. My opinion, it’s dangerous to the progression of our organization to allow what I have witnessed. It has set us back more than a few years. If we don’t care now the COG will Gray out/ age our with no strength or mobility to progress left. It is already starting to happen. Our system can’t openly say anything because a majority of executive council is from mission with the most to lose frok change and hold this is what is holding the power of appointment. Meaning any question for clarity will be met with predecided thoughts.

Last edited by MoonWalkingWithJesus on 6/9/18 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
6/7/18 10:58 pm

Post I'm so angry roughridercog
That booking was supposed to be mine. I wanted to preach that service Laughing
6/8/18 8:11 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Perhaps now we can put to rest the rumor that JS wants to come into the COG.
6/10/18 9:29 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Perhaps now we can put to rest the rumor that JS wants to come into the COG.

I honestly don’t know, can we?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/10/18 10:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic