Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bonnie Knox has gone home to be with the Lord / service details inside
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bonnie Knox has gone home to be with the Lord / service details inside bonnie knox
Hi all, this is Caleb Knox aka dear son. I wanted to personally thank all of you for your prayers. My mom is free of pain in heaven as of last night. She didn't suffer, for which I am grateful. I would like to thank you all for providing a place for her to fellowship/cause trouble Razz
Shout out to Eddie Robbins: she requested and read your book All My Strength while she was in the hospital. Thank you Cojak and others for your concern and continued prayers.
I have some big, snarky, and loving shoes to fill as you well know.
Thanks to Tom Sterbens, a name I hear quite a bit. I will try to check back again when I have some time. If any of you want to find me on Facebook I'm on as Caleb Knox and I'm friends with Tom Sterbens if that helps you find me.
On the off chance that any of you are near Bunn on the 9th her memorial service will be at
New Hope Worship Center (C.O.G.)
7428 Pearces Road
Louisburg NC 27549
On June 9th at 2:00 pm.
May the love of God be with you all half as much as it's been with me this last month. Hardships only allow God to demonstrate His amazing, bountiful, personal, and overwhelming love to us and through us.
Sincerely, Caleb

p.s. There is a place, Their is possessive, and They're is a contraction.
Also, the smallest room in the world is a mushroom.

(Title edited by Dave Dorsey to draw attention to the thread. Previous title was: "Bonnie")
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/28/18 3:13 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Thanks for posting, Caleb. I saw your news earlier & sent Cojak a PM & was waiting to hear from him before posting anything. I think it's very special that you took the time to let Bonnie's friends know she has passed. She was so proud of you! She was a very special lady, and she holds a very special place in all our hearts. She will be greatly missed!

Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

And I loved your PS! Bonnie would have, also. Smile

Last edited by Carolyn Smith on 5/28/18 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/28/18 3:30 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Oh my goodness, Caleb. I am humbled. Bonnie helped me with my book as she did with Cojak. I regret that I never met her in person. I am basically speechless and very sad. Prayers for peace and comfort to you and your family. Acts-pert Poster
5/28/18 3:56 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Bonnie was definitely one of a kind. Sincerest condolences, Caleb. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/28/18 4:48 pm

Post Cojak
My soul smiled when I saw a post from Bonnie! Thank you Caleb for taking the time to tell us. I had just received this from Bonita:

Jack, this is Bonnie’s sister with a final update on Bonnie. Her earthly journey is over (May 27th around 8pm) and she is now in Heaven. One of the last things she said was “blessed Jesus hold my hand”. If there are flowers in Heaven, I hope she has some to tend to. Thank you all for your prayers; please continue to pray for her husband and son, and her Mother and Dad. Of course we all hurt, but I think those especially would need prayer.

Love,
Bonita

This has been such a tough time for the family and reaching out like this shows something special. YES, Caleb was always 'Dear Son'.

Of course prayers for the entire family, but especially "Dear Husband and Dear Son'.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/28/18 5:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Caleb, your mom was a very special part of this forum and a true blessing. I am so sorry for your loss, and very grateful that you came here and shared such a wonderful testimony with us.

I have been praying for your mom and your family and will continue to pray for your family. I never met Bonnie, but I am very much looking forward to doing so in the life to come.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/28/18 6:58 pm

Post Da Sheik
Caleb, I’m very sorry for your loss. Your mother was a student of the Word of God. She always stimulated thought-provoking questions. She will be sorely missed. Thanks for sharing this update with our community here. Prayers for you and your family! Acts Enthusiast
5/28/18 7:20 pm

Post bonnie knox
thank you all
-Caleb
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/29/18 2:55 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Caleb,

Not too many on this forum can keep NBF under control - but she could do it with a few simple words.

She was always one of my favorites.

I am very sorry for your loss.
5/29/18 3:10 pm

Post Link
I am sorry to hear of your mother passing away. She will be missed. I will pray for you and your relatives during this time.

Link
5/30/18 11:34 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I am shocked and saddened by this seemingly sudden departure of Bonnie. Obviously this is an example of someone being ill and not realizing it until the situation becomes very serious. I wish God had chosen to heal her and give her more years with her family. But he knows best. Bonnie lived her life for the Savior. Her existence here brought glory and honor to God. May the Comforter bring divine consolation to her friends and family.
5/31/18 9:40 am

Post Obit for Bonnie (L) Carolyn Smith
I found this online. I know the information about the funeral is different, but that was the info Caleb, her son, gave us. I guess maybe there is more than one memorial?

I have seen this picture online, so this is the right person. I'll try to check with Caleb about the different information.

https://secure.funeralwebhosting.com/mbh/notices/Bonnie-Knox

Bonnie Goforth Knox of Louisburg, North Carolina went to be with her Lord on Sunday, May 27, 2018 following a brief and intense illness from adrenal cancer.

Mrs. Knox was born January 3, 1964 in Montgomery County to Grady Goforth and Alvis Poole Goforth. She graduated from East Montgomery High School and attended North Carolina State University before marrying. She was a homemaker and loving mother who enjoyed the beauty of nature.

She is survived by her husband, Roger and son, Caleb of the home. Also left to cherish her memory are her parents, brother David (Rene), sister Bonita (Gray), brother Dale (Renita), sister Belinda (Bill) and many nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held by the family at Holly Mount Baptist Church in Mt. Gilead on Saturday, June 2 at 2:00 in the afternoon.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of Wake County, 250 Hospice Circle., Raleigh NC 27607.
6/1/18 7:50 pm

Post Re: Obit for Bonnie (L) georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I found this online. I know the information about the funeral is different, but that was the info Caleb, her son, gave us. I guess maybe there is more than one memorial?

I have seen this picture online, so this is the right person. I'll try to check with Caleb about the different information.

https://secure.funeralwebhosting.com/mbh/notices/Bonnie-Knox

Bonnie Goforth Knox of Louisburg, North Carolina went to be with her Lord on Sunday, May 27, 2018 following a brief and intense illness from adrenal cancer.

Mrs. Knox was born January 3, 1964 in Montgomery County to Grady Goforth and Alvis Poole Goforth. She graduated from East Montgomery High School and attended North Carolina State University before marrying. She was a homemaker and loving mother who enjoyed the beauty of nature.
survived by her husband, Roger and son, Caleb of the home. Also left to cherish her memory are her parents, brother David (Rene), sister Bonita (Gray), brother Dale (Renita), sister Belinda (Bill) and many nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held by the family at Holly Mount Baptist Church in Mt. Gilead on Saturday, June 2 at 2:00 in the afternoon.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of Wake County, 250 Hospice Circle., Raleigh NC 27607.

Thanks Caroln. She was so young, I thought she was much older.
Acts-dicted
6/2/18 6:52 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Praying for you guys to have great comfort and peace during the service today. May God bless you and comfort you in the name of our great Lord Jesus. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/2/18 9:59 am

Post krista
So sorry for you and your family. Crying or Very sad Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/5/18 3:13 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I have been out of commission for a couple of days, but I wanted to let you know Caleb messaged me and let me know there is indeed another memorial service for Bonnie on this coming Saturday. I doubt I'll be able to attend.

Please continue to remember the family in prayer.
6/5/18 6:55 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Caleb,

I just saw this today...OMG!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Your mom was/is such an amazing person!
I only knew your mom through this forum...and yet...

What an absolutely brilliant, spiritual, awesome woman of God!!
She challenged hearts and minds.
She was a constant threat to any smallness of mind or soul.
Her words were always filled with life and justice and mercy.
She listened genuinely and heard deeply.
There was no elephant in the room that could hide from her scrutiny...nor one left unaddressed!
She refused to be mesmerized by any assumption.
Her amazing logic and intuitive theological mind would frequently dismantle arrogant dogma with guileless words of grace and truth.
It seemed effortless.
I would often find myself laughing out loud at her profound moments of "mic drop" dialog. And in all that, I don't know that she ever wanted to just "win"...she wanted truth.
That balance only comes from a worshiping heart.

I had hoped to meet her someday...I still will - just not here.

Praying for you and your family.

Sincerely.....

Tom Sterbens
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/5/18 7:59 pm

Post UncleJD
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Caleb,

I just saw this today...OMG!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Your mom was/is such an amazing person!
I only knew your mom through this forum...and yet...

What an absolutely brilliant, spiritual, awesome woman of God!!
She challenged hearts and minds.
She was a constant threat to any smallness of mind or soul.
Her words were always filled with life and justice and mercy.
She listened genuinely and heard deeply.
There was no elephant in the room that could hide from her scrutiny...nor one left unaddressed!
She refused to be mesmerized by any assumption.
Her amazing logic and intuitive theological mind would frequently dismantle arrogant dogma with guileless words of grace and truth.
It seemed effortless.
I would often find myself laughing out loud at her profound moments of "mic drop" dialog. And in all that, I don't know that she ever wanted to just "win"...she wanted truth.
That balance only comes from a worshiping heart.

I had hoped to meet her someday...I still will - just not here.

Praying for you and your family.

Sincerely.....

Tom Sterbens

What he said. She was one of the best and brightest on here. I always imagined she would be a real treat to know in person. I'm sure she was the life of the party and a fount of wisdom for all who knew her. God bless your family in this difficult time.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/6/18 10:59 am

Post Carolyn Smith
A reminder...that today is the day of Bonnie's memorial service. Please pray for Caleb (her son) and Roger (her husband) and the rest of her family.

A floral arrangement has been purchased for today's service from the Acts Family, so they will know how much we loved her and appreciated her participation here.

Several have also made donations for the family via the church, to help with their expenses. You may do that at http://nhwcbunn.com/donation/ or send a check to the church. (Information on the church is listed in the OP from Caleb.)

I've run into some different health problems this week and am not going to be able to attend today. I'm not sure if Cojak or anyone else will be able to attend, either, but at least, her family will know she was special to us and loved. Please keep them in prayer at 2pm today as they attend the memorial, and in the days to come.
6/9/18 10:37 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Thank you! Acts-pert Poster
6/9/18 11:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic