Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

AB: How far removed from the pastorate ?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post AB: How far removed from the pastorate ? Da Sheik
How far removed from the pastorate is the average AB? I speak this as an older man still on the front lines. The ministry is very different than when I started out decades ago. I foresee that the church of the 20’s will look vastly different than it does today. I worry that much of our leadership is way out of touch with modern ministry. Acts Enthusiast
5/24/18 8:58 pm

Post Cojak
YOu have a good point. Looking back, my dad seemed to stay current with that days youth and ideas. Of course dad was a SS man and standing by what he declared was the Catholic church said: Give us a child until he is 8-10 and he will always be Catholic. He scoured the mill hills for unchruched kids and found a way to get and keep them in church.

That seems to be gone by the way side, but pastors need to look around to see what 'draws' kids and the youth.

In the same vein, the COG NEEDS men in leadership who can pastor the pastors. Find the view point of the youth and take advantage of that.
What will work today?? As my grandson is prone to say if I ask him a question: I HAVEN'T A CLUE! Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/24/18 10:14 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
Depends on the state lol
6/3/18 2:58 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
I would say mission states the an is not so separated from the pastorate. I would say the real problem is the micro management from Cleveland. I am givin the opinion that things are micromanaged to the point that things will be tough to change Friendly Face
6/4/18 1:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic