Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Review of the" "5 People Banned" Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tom Sterbens
UncleJD wrote:
I propose a "clean slate" week. Unban everyone for one week with the condition that they don't repeat what they were banned for. Lets see if we can get some fun back in here Laughing

So..........does that mean you're asking Brad to NOT write about grace??

There are species of frogs that do indeed NOT jump.
But there no species of frog that jump that suddenly stop jumping.
It's their DNA.

Point: To invite a jumping frog back and expect (or require) that frog not to jump - is not a failure on their part - it is insanity on ours.

Further - I don't know who all was banned...the other thread mentioned "Brad" and "Brother James" - both of whom are unrelenting on some points of passion, and perhaps even smug at times regarding the implied superiority of their perspective - BUT...I don't know that either of them have ever attacked people personally (certainly not Brad).

If you guys want to rein-in the scope of topic, and in effect passion, then just please expect the continued deterioration of this site. Which, at a minimum, will give you less to have to deal with as administrators. Smile My guess is, should the current trend continue no one will be bugging you about very much in another 6-12 months. Smile But that's me...
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/21/18 10:45 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom,

With your site on Facebook and others, this site is at the end of it's usefulness already. It has nothing to do with whether someone is banned or not.

Just as the print site of it ended - so it appears this site is on the downward cycle.

Believe it or not - the Facebook sites will also come to an end one day.

My current physical body will come to an end, as well, no matter how much faith I have.

It's just the way it is.
5/21/18 11:11 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Posters who bring unrelenting passion may bring activity to the forum, but they also drive activity away by making it so that others no longer wish to participate. We don't make it a habit of publicizing the messages we receive about posters or why they no longer wish to participate in the forum, but we strive to make good decisions based on the information we have. The challenge is trying to figure out whether more people are driven away by a poster being absent or by a poster being present.

There are no right decisions, but there are always plenty of people around to publicly tell you your decision was the wrong one and to tell you what you should have done with the information they didn't know you had.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/18 11:47 am

Post Tom Sterbens
Dave Dorsey wrote:

There are no right decisions, but there are always plenty of people around to publicly tell you your decision was the wrong one and to tell you what you should have done with the information they didn't know you had.

That's why we get paid the big money, Dave!!! Smile
5/21/18 8:53 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
We all have the right not to read what certain posters write & we can ignore the threads that have authors we don't agree with.

I for one respect the rights & decisions of the admins & owners of this site but in all fairness I believe a fresh review on the policy of re-instatement is in order.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
5/26/18 6:00 pm

Post Banned Change Agent
I think banning because of topics being thrown out is not good for the forum. Brad being banned because he had different views could fit all of us at some point. In the Body of Christ we should embrace people of different views. Those are the type people who can teach you new ways of thinking. If we want all here to be good COG members who sign an agreement to believe everything the COG teaches, we will never learn anything new until that time that the COG states "we may have been wrong on this". Yes, the COG has done that over the years.

I want to be included in a church and a forum where all are welcome to state their views. Using Brad for an example. Brad placed some good well though out teachings here on this forum. Do we have to believe every part of what is posted here. No.

Bring Brad back and any others that are true to their beliefs. We can read or not read any of the banned ones.
Acts Enthusiast
5/27/18 2:32 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I thought there was to be no more discussion of this?

Was that ban lifted?

Guys like Brad and Isa make it impossible to ignore their prolific amount of threads, and in Brads case, the guilt he heaps on everyone for not having enough faith in every thread. His God came that we might have guilt, and have it more abundantly. I do not miss the guy. Evil or Very Mad
5/28/18 7:55 am

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
I propose a "clean slate" week. Unban everyone for one week with the condition that they don't repeat what they were banned for. Lets see if we can get some fun back in here Laughing

Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/28/18 6:34 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Was that ban lifted?

Yes, there was a ban on discussing who was banned...but there was not a ban on discussing the ban on discussing who was banned. I am discussing the latter and not the former.

In the words of Paul in Galatians, "Against such, there is no law."

Hope that helps. Smile
5/28/18 9:09 pm

Post Cojak
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Was that ban lifted?

Yes, there was a ban on discussing who was banned...but there was not a ban on discussing the ban on discussing who was banned. I am discussing the latter and not the former.

Hope that helps. Smile

Confused Shocked Shocked Confused ............................. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/28/18 10:50 pm

Post Link
Tom,

With your site on Facebook and others, this site is at the end of it's usefulness already. It has nothing to do with whether someone is banned or not.

Just as the print site of it ended - so it appears this site is on the downward cycle.

Believe it or not - the Facebook sites will also come to an end one day.

My current physical body will come to an end, as well, no matter how much faith I have.

It's just the way it is.

I think Facebook is taking a big chunk of discussion board traffic, but religious posts may violate their community standards or whatever you call it, and they may limit who can see Christian related forums or posts, so there could be a backlash, and boards that remain could become more popular in the future.
5/28/18 11:03 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
ACTS will be here as long as we continue showing up (and Doyle keeps the lights on...)
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/28/18 11:43 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Was that ban lifted?

Hope that helps. Smile

Well, there oughtta be a law!

Perhaps Isa will find one we can follow.
5/29/18 6:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic