Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Review of the" "5 People Banned" Thread.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A Review of the" "5 People Banned" Thread. Tom Sterbens
1. Dean: "Five people have been banned - can anyone tell me why?"

2. (crickets)

3. Dean: "Can any administrator or moderator please reply?"

4. Administrator: "Doyle has been notified, lighten up!"

5. One month later - Administrators: Silence

6. Dean: "Bump."

7. Dean: "Still no reply. Can anyone give me an answer? The lepers have made penance at the Areopagus before the shrine of Actscelerate and pledged the same by email."

8. Administrator: "We are volunteers. We are busy. Doyle has been notified. This thread has been locked - do not bring this up again!"

Is that about right??
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/19/18 2:18 pm

Post This thread has been locked and no one but an administrator can reply Tom Sterbens
(...well...not really...but I can pretend...) Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/19/18 2:22 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I e-mailed Doyle about it a couple days ago, & he said he would respond. He's been very busy with his life.

What? There are people who have a life outside of ACTS? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/19/18 3:44 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Well, when the response from an admin is:
At the bottom of your last post you said, "Please see the terms of use concerning messages devoid of content, and don't repost this thread or another one like it."

Sorta comes across like a nerve was struck Shocked

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
5/19/18 4:32 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Personally, I think this thread is different. The other one was whiny, "Why won't they pay attention to us?" and this one is simply commenting on the situation.
5/19/18 4:38 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Yeah, because it’s in Doyle’s hands and he will respond when he’s able, as he always does, and no amount of you throwing shade at the rest of us is going to speed that up.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/18 4:50 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Personally, I think this thread is different. The other one was whiny, "Why won't they pay attention to us?" and this one is simply commenting on the situation.

I tried to not make it "whiny" whatever that definition is but still tried to get someone's attention.
For the record, I personally don't know any of the 5 banned people.
One of them reached out to me to ask if I knew of any reason as to why their emails or PM's would take so long to get a response.
We emailed back & forth & after several days I finally posted the thread.

After the thread was posted I received several more inquiries.
The two I mentioned the most were the only two I had seen posting on Acts multiple times over the years so it seemed odd to me that they would not get a satisfactory response from admins.
Neither of the two could fully explain why they thought they were banned.

So we're left with, "it is what it is!"

What are you focused on?
5/19/18 4:57 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Yeah, because it’s in Doyle’s hands and he will respond when he’s able, as he always does, and no amount of you throwing shade at the rest of us is going to speed that up.

Sorry you feel that way Dave.
I wasn't trying to make it personal or throw shade but whats a guy to do when he can't get a response after several weeks?
Was not my intention to stir up anger & hence the reason I sent you a PM yesterday regarding my original thread.

What are you focused on?
5/19/18 5:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Go re-read your posts. You’ve got a funny way of “not trying to make it personal”. ROFL

It’s beyond conception why your reasoned, measured posts about the people in charge elitely snubbing their noses at others didn’t have us rushing to interact with you. I just can’t figure out why you had trouble catching flies with that sweet, sweet honey that was dripping from your words. Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/18 5:21 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Go re-read your posts. You’ve got a funny way of “not trying to make it personal”. ROFL

It’s beyond conception why your reasoned, measured posts about the people in charge elitely snubbing their noses at others didn’t have us rushing to interact with you. I just can’t figure out why you had trouble catching flies with that sweet, sweet honey that was dripping from your words. Laughing

Well here is my original post before I included the updates:
Quote:
It's come to my attention that when you're banned you have very little access to the ways to reach out to admin leadership in order to be reinstated.

Shaun has a website but his Acts email is only viewable if you have member access which you can't get while banned.
Dave doesn't show an email address at all so all you can do is send him a PM - so how does one do that while banned?

In a PM discussion with Dave he told me the guys who are banned know how to reach out to admin leadership if they want to come back from ban land but the problem is there is no clear cut way to do it & get adequate results.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?

I just re-read my orig post & I know in my heart I wasn't attacking anybody or making it personal.
I'm asking a genuine question in the thread & addressing the fact that there is a method to approach re-instatement but how does one get a response back after a few weeks of time.
Some people get re-instated right away & for others it turns into months.

What are you focused on?
5/19/18 5:54 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

I tried to not make it "whiny" whatever that definition is but still tried to get someone's attention.
For the record, I personally don't know any of the 5 banned people.
One of them reached out to me to ask if I knew of any reason as to why their emails or PM's would take so long to get a response.
We emailed back & forth & after several days I finally posted the thread.

After the thread was posted I received several more inquiries.
The two I mentioned the most were the only two I had seen posting on Acts multiple times over the years so it seemed odd to me that they would not get a satisfactory response from admins.
Neither of the two could fully explain why they thought they were banned.

So we're left with, "it is what it is!"

Did not know who started the thread and really only paid minimal attention to it at first. But the updates towards the end (not from the banned or original poster) did seem kind of whiny to me. My own personal opinion of "whiny," for what it's worth. No offense intended.
5/19/18 6:35 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean, I believe you that you weren’t intending to come across aggressively, and nothing you said has upset me or made me angry. I also have never intended to come across in any way that is negative, so forgive me if that has been the case.

At the same time, these issues don’t involve anyone but the original posters, who should email the Acts admin email that is in the footer (visible to people who are banned) and goes to Doyle. I’m not going to discuss these issues or my opinions or recommendations with anyone but the admins and the posters (though as I said, that typically rests with Doyle) so threads from anyone else demanding answers are not going to get them and don’t belong on the board.

I thought I had answered your question in my orginal PM response, but forgive me if I wasn’t as clear as I have been in this post. The “Contact the Administrator” link in the footer is the answer to your question, it goes to Doyle, and will almost always receive a response when Doyle is able.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/18 6:56 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean, I believe you that you weren’t intending to come across aggressively, and nothing you said has upset me or made me angry. I also have never intended to come across in any way that is negative, so forgive me if that has been the case.

At the same time, these issues don’t involve anyone but the original posters, who should email the Acts admin email that is in the footer (visible to people who are banned) and goes to Doyle. I’m not going to discuss these issues or my opinions or recommendations with anyone but the admins and the posters (though as I said, that typically rests with Doyle) so threads from anyone else demanding answers are not going to get them and don’t belong on the board.

I thought I had answered your question in my orginal PM response, but forgive me if I wasn’t as clear as I have been in this post. The “Contact the Administrator” link in the footer is the answer to your question, it goes to Doyle, and will almost always receive a response when Doyle is able.

Thank you for the clarification.
And thanks Tom lol Laughing

What are you focused on?
5/19/18 7:23 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Perhaps a disclaimer should be added at the bottom of the page:

"Please be advised: Should you contact the Actscelerate administrator at the email address below with any sort of complaint, need, observation, or concern - understand that we are a God centered organization who serve a timeless spaceless God for whom a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day. Our stated time of response to your email will be handled within that frame of reference. If your issue is a crisis, please dial 911. Peace out."

I think that that should at least be included in the TOS and diffuse any sense of whatever one may hold as a personal expectation of "timely response."

I'm just here to be a blessing - it's my gift! Thought that suggestion might help.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
5/19/18 7:27 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Tom, keep it up and we will make you an admin and then the rest of us will resign. Laughing [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/18 7:47 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
These clowns don't know why they were banned. That's funny right there.
5/19/18 7:56 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Tom, keep it up and we will make you an admin and then the rest of us will resign. Laughing

Well........you sure do know how to shut a guy right down!!! Smile
5/19/18 10:27 pm

Post georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I e-mailed Doyle about it a couple days ago, & he said he would respond. He's been very busy with his life.

What? There are people who have a life outside of ACTS? Laughing Laughing Laughing

nah, we wouldn't be here if we did. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
5/20/18 7:00 pm

Post Cojak
georgiapath wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

nah, we wouldn't be here if we did. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks, I have at least TWO smiles this evening! THANKS Carolyn and GP! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/20/18 8:34 pm

Post UncleJD
I propose a "clean slate" week. Unban everyone for one week with the condition that they don't repeat what they were banned for. Lets see if we can get some fun back in here Laughing Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/21/18 8:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic