Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

15 Years, 15,000+ Posts, the Parody of OTCP is Laid to Rest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 15 Years, 15,000+ Posts, the Parody of OTCP is Laid to Rest Old Time Country Preacher
Some will be Glad

Some will be Sad

Some will wish I already Had

To those OTCP might have offended, apologies are extended.

Thank you for the interaction through the years, the laughter, the love and just the plain ole fun we done had along the way.

With much love to the Acts family, the ole timer departs.

Let us labor for our Master, serve Him well, so that one day we may hear the words, "Well done, you have been a good and faithful servant."
Acts-pert Poster
5/17/18 10:53 am

Post Question... Aaron Scott
If OTCP is gone, I hope that doesn't mean the person behind the parody is gone, too.

But in any case, I propose that we award OTCP with an honorary degree in "Maximum Aggravation."

Razz
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/17/18 11:25 am

Post UncleJD
really? come on man! Don't give up! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/17/18 11:26 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Didn't OTCP retire several years ago? And then he was back again.
5/17/18 11:40 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
The Old Timer said he was done here before, but eventually came back. Just sayin’. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/17/18 11:40 am

Post Chicago27
RIP Friendly Face
5/17/18 1:05 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Maybe he can take Chicago27 with him.

Or NBF.

Perhaps there should be a poll taken about who should have to leave with OTCP.

Sorta Ric Flair - Dusty Rhodes - loser has to leave town - from the early 80s.
5/17/18 3:08 pm

Post Cojak
Yeah, it has been fun. Yes, we should labor for the Kingdom. Bye Dude and come back this way. Cool Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/17/18 9:02 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
He finally filed his motion...now he's done! Laughing Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/17/18 9:23 pm

Post Deleted Carolyn Smith
Deleted

Last edited by Carolyn Smith on 5/18/18 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
5/17/18 9:38 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Wow...just...Wow...
5/17/18 9:49 pm

Post Re: 15 Years, 15,000+ Posts, the Parody of OTCP is Laid to Rest Pastor Nations
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
15 Years, 15,000+ Posts

Wow - that's a lot of time on the internet.

Was the church paying you during any of that time that you spent on Actscelerate?
Acts Enthusiast
5/17/18 10:13 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
I guess since the pikeville shoneys shut down he hasn’t been the same
Blessings otcp
Friendly Face
5/18/18 12:14 am

Post Preparing for the Assembly Mat
It could be OTCP, the person not the persona, is preparing for the assembly. He has indicated that he is a pastor, not in Pikeville, which is his fictitious church, but maybe close to Cleveland. He seems to be a grad of Lee and an Ordained Bishop, due to his references of being on the floor and being in close proximity to some of you. He could be a part-time instructor/professor at Lee, with his knowledge of the internal church and university operations. His disdain for those is use the title of "Doctor" when it is only honorary or one from an degree mill is legendary, as if he is around those fake "Doctors" on a regular basis (works with them, goes to church with them, is supervised by them).

So with the assembly approaching, he may need to spend his time suppressing those feelings he has about some of the leadership. He no doubt is a "Church of God" man who freely mocks other ministries and reminds me of my encounters with COG ministers who always had something to say about my COGOP roots (generally it was something negative about the Tomlinsons). If I only knew OTCP as an example of the mindset of the COG, being independent or joining another Pentecostal denomination would be my choice.
He wanted us to think he was just "having some fun" with his comments and persona, but his writing reveals his spirit.

One day we might know who he really is and be able to put his ministry to the "light" of open evaluation.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/18/18 7:37 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
We let Acts become a WOF laden, Seventh Day Adventist espousing forum, and I guess Old Timer just got tired of it - as we all have (unless you are one that supports those things).

Last one turn out the lights.

Happy Trails.
5/18/18 7:38 am

Post Link
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
We let Acts become a WOF laden, Seventh Day Adventist espousing forum, and I guess Old Timer just got tired of it - as we all have (unless you are one that supports those things).

Happy Trails.

I just read selectively. I think I missed 99% of the serpent seed discussions, though.

My guess is OTCP has an earned doctorate or at least and earned masters. Honorary doctorates don't bother me, but my doctorate isn't in theology.

I got in contact with an American friend of mine, an English teacher I worked with in South Korea. He had gone back and earned a 'real doctorate', at a flagship state university, I think. He was a school teacher. It really bothered him a lot that teachers could get two-year online doctorates and get the same bump in pay he got from getting a doctorate the hard way.
5/18/18 8:10 am

Post Mat
Link wrote:

Happy Trails.

I just read selectively. I think I missed 99% of the serpent seed discussions, though.

My guess is OTCP has an earned doctorate or at least and earned masters. Honorary doctorates don't bother me, but my doctorate isn't in theology.

I got in contact with an American friend of mine, an English teacher I worked with in South Korea. He had gone back and earned a 'real doctorate', at a flagship state university, I think. He was a school teacher. It really bothered him a lot that teachers could get two-year online doctorates and get the same bump in pay he got from getting a doctorate the hard way.

I can see his issues with online doctorates (as well as Masters, etc.), but it looks like online education is here to stay. I read an article that pointed out that many mid and small colleges and universities (not just religious) are struggling to attract students to their campus, especially if they have not diversified their degree programs and established an online degree program.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/18/18 8:41 am

Post Yep, multiple times....kind of like North Korea... caseyleejones
Didn't OTCP retire several years ago? And then he was back again.

tell us one thing...then change his mind....
Acts-perienced Poster
5/18/18 8:46 am

Post Re: 15 Years, 15,000+ Posts, the Parody of OTCP is Laid to Rest caseyleejones
Pastor Nations wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
15 Years, 15,000+ Posts

Wow - that's a lot of time on the internet.

Was the church paying you during any of that time that you spent on Actscelerate?

He's a pastor...what else does he do with his time..... Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
Acts-perienced Poster
5/18/18 8:48 am

Post UncleJD
Mat wrote:

I can see his issues with online doctorates (as well as Masters, etc.), but it looks like online education is here to stay. I read an article that pointed out that many mid and small colleges and universities (not just religious) are struggling to attract students to their campus, especially if they have not diversified their degree programs and established an online degree program.

Mat

I don't think he ever said anything against online studies. Many schools offer online study and its accredited.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/18/18 1:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic