Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

On Organizational Progression or Regression...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post On Organizational Progression or Regression... philunderwood
From my colleague, Alan Hirsch, with application to our current challenges as a movement of Jesus Christ....

In his practical book Leading with Questions, human resource expert Michael Marquardt could well be speaking about the prophetic role when he says: “The failure to ask questions . . . allows us to operate with a distorted sense of reality.” He refers to organizations that are unable to question their prevailing view of reality as zombies. A zombie organization, he says, is a walking corpse that does not yet know that it is dead “because it has created an insulated culture that systematically excludes any information that could contradict its reigning picture of reality.” If a community receives only positive feedback, it will never be able to discover its weak points or failures. Prophets initiate the process of critical feedback that is necessary for organizational learning. We need to give permission to prophets and their dissenting voices. Stifling holy dissent is a guaranteed way to create bigger problems down the line. “Turn off your radar and you will eventually hit the side of a mountain.”
~ Hirsch + Catchim, The Permanent Revolution

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/15/18 11:44 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Serious question, Phil. Do you hold COG credentials? Acts-pert Poster
5/15/18 1:45 pm

Post philunderwood
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Serious question, Phil. Do you hold COG credentials?

Serious answer...no. I did, then I wasn't, then when I was installed as a CofG pastor in 1998 my new credentials were in my hands. However, I would not sign a simple paper that basically had me saying I believed in "initial" evidence as THE evidence of Spirit Baptism. Since the Bible only infers that and doesn't declare that, I can't say it with conviction. So, our Admin Bishop took my papers back as I offered them and said, "I am not sending these back and they'll be here in my desk for safekeeping."

We've never spoken about it since. Life has changed. The river keeps running. We are all in different seasons.

But... I AM a member of the Church of God.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/15/18 9:35 pm

Post Cojak
philunderwood wrote:

Serious answer....... I AM a member of the Church of God.

I am part of that 'Me Too' moverment. so "ME TOO".

We have several folks on here who are members (former Pastors, former credentials) I don't think that is a black mark, is it?

To the OP, sounds like the truth. Many businesses (and pastors) only listen to the 'YES" folk, and miss the mark. My dad always said, "Take the accolades with a grain of salt, but look seriously at the criticism." He had a 3rd grade education. He was a member of the COG too! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/15/18 9:44 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
philunderwood wrote:

Serious answer...no. I did, then I wasn't, then when I was installed as a CofG pastor in 1998 my new credentials were in my hands. However, I would not sign a simple paper that basically had me saying I believed in "initial" evidence as THE evidence of Spirit Baptism. Since the Bible only infers that and doesn't declare that, I can't say it with conviction. So, our Admin Bishop took my papers back as I offered them and said, "I am not sending these back and they'll be here in my desk for safekeeping."

We've never spoken about it since. Life has changed. The river keeps running. We are all in different seasons.

But... I AM a member of the Church of God.

Thank you, Phil!
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/18 10:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic