Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does your church really believe Jesus is coming soon?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does your church really believe Jesus is coming soon? roughridercog
Does it motivate them to do anything?
5/12/18 8:04 pm

Post Re: Does your church really believe Jesus is coming soon? Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
Does it motivate them to do anything?
Not many do my friend. I think at times I am slack myownself. I feel bad about that. From what I see and feel is many had just as soon he delay his coming. I think especially the ones who believe in, and enjoy the riches here on earth. I look back at my mama, I felt like she expected him most every day of her Christian life. That woman prayed and talked to the Lord all day as she worked around the house and in the LWWB session. Everyone got used to her 'appearing' to be talking to herself. Cool Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/18 10:51 pm

Post Cojak
I can remember very vividly looking for the LOrd after a good sermon by my daddy on the Rapture. I stayed close to mama for a couple days just in case I didn't feel the lift I could grab her legs and hold on and hitchhike to heaven. very true from a rowdy PK in the 40's!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/18 10:54 pm

Post A difficult tension to maintain Quiet Wyatt
As one who grew up in the 70s as a PK in the AG and the CG, I used to pray that Jesus wouldn’t come back soon, at least not what I would consider as “soon.” 🤓

I don’t think it is realistic to expect any group to maintain a constant sense of impending glory or impending doom for very long really, especially when the ‘experts’ so often link current political events to the end times. People tend to become more skeptical (and hopefully realistic and patient) when the end doesn’t come to pass as soon as they were led to believe it would. I truly did not think I would even get to grow up, the rapture was taught as so overwhelmingly imminent. I honestly never thought the year 2000 would come before the rapture, and yet here we are in 2018.

My grandfather, who got saved in a little Pentecostal mission in west Texas in the 1920s, and had seen all kinds of foolish prognostication and behavior in the Pentecostal Movement over the 50-plus years of his ministry, often told us, “Keep looking up in faith, knowing that Jesus could return today, while planning your life as if you have the rest of your natural lifetime ahead of you. OCCUPY until He comes.”
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/13/18 10:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic