Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

(Swaggart, Paulk, Hybels, et al) Who Can Ya Really Trust in Ministry?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post (Swaggart, Paulk, Hybels, et al) Who Can Ya Really Trust in Ministry? Old Time Country Preacher
First, this thread ain't about diggin up bones on folk, an it ain't just about the listed names, its about more ministers than any of us wanna admit what was immoral, many continued in ministry till caught, an some went independent an kept on in ministry.

The ole timer had a pastor in his youth what would always say, "The first thing ya need to do for ya feet hit the floor of a mornin is to pray." This man visited, preached well, the church growed, etc. After all his young'uns was grown it was found at he had sexually abused all a his daughters an he lost his credentials.

An I got all confidence that these cases is the minority. I believe the majority a COG preachers strive to live holy lives.

The question: Who can a feller really trust in ministry?
Acts-pert Poster
5/5/18 8:54 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Jesus. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/5/18 9:17 am

Post Chicago27
Trump Friendly Face
5/5/18 9:28 am

Post FLRon
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Jesus.

This^^^^^^

If there’s one thing the indiscretions of fallen ministers should have taught is that there is often more going on behind the TV persona than we realize. Infallible men should never be put on a pedestal,yet for some reason we tend to do just that.
I’m sure many of us have heard things about certain well known ministers,or perhaps we know about them first hand. Either way,they(and us) all have feet of clay.
5/5/18 11:00 am

Post Re: (Swaggart, Paulk, Hybels, et al) Who Can Ya Really Trust in Ministry? Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
First, this thread ain't about diggin up bones on folk, an it ain't just about the listed names, its about more ministers than any of us wanna admit what was immoral, many continued in ministry till caught, an some went independent an kept on in ministry.

The ole timer had a pastor in his youth what would always say, "The first thing ya need to do for ya feet hit the floor of a mornin is to pray." This man visited, preached well, the church growed, etc. After all his young'uns was grown it was found at he had sexually abused all a his daughters an he lost his credentials.

An I got all confidence that these cases is the minority. I believe the majority a COG preachers strive to live holy lives.

The question: Who can a feller really trust in ministry?

I wonder how JSM will change, if at all, after Jimmy and Francis are gone.
5/5/18 6:05 pm

Post Cojak
I love everyone who names the name of Jesus. I TRUST Jesus. I trust my NC pastor. I trust my wife, she is my spiritual leader, because I know her and her life, a true woman of God for over 60 years. I made the mistake once of losing faith in EVERYONE, even Our Lord. I strive to never do that again. He was good and restored me. My faith is not in ANY minister. My hearing prevents me from watching or listening to ministers on the radio nor TV. That is sort of a blessing. I prefer to KNOW the minister and church I support. I hope I will be forgiven by friends who disagree, but I will not sit under someone I have doubts about, it scares me. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/5/18 11:11 pm

Post It is ironic.... SouthFloridaman
N/m Friendly Face
5/7/18 2:56 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
It is ironic that people on here don’t say how much they have been hurt by an organization. Swaggert and Hybels never hurt me.... they may have disappointed me but they never hurt me. I don’t think they have hurt anyone expect for those affected by there sin. I have a feeling more of us have been hurt by organizations I know I have I wonder what would have happened if they renamed this post Church of God, Baptist, Catholic Church, Methodist ,who can you trust. Everyone of these organizations have been hit with cover ups and times when they did not stand for right. I can say more have been hurt by these organizations not standing for right and justice more then anyone’s personal mistakes and sin can harm them. Because these organizations sins were systematical and covered many people. It saddens me that we have more respect for the small minister living a lie and sinning because he is small and not big enough for the newspaper to care about. Then the ministers who shook nations but had a moral failing is just abandoned and crushed Jesus forgives and so do I. But I have been hurt by denominations more then any of them. We are crying out for Pentecost at this years assembly, but I know what my bibles says
Quote:
John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

We need truth to prevail in our organization before Pentecost or an out pouring from God can happen. We need repentance

John 4 is a beautiful reading about the effects of illegalism and religion. If you know the story, Samaritan’s and those of the northern tribes of Israel were considered herritics by the Judeans. The Samaritans even established there own place to worship so some did not have to go to the temple in Jerusalem. That caused a fight between them and the Jews.
Quote:
John 4:20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place to worship is Jerusalem.

It shows a woman hurt and caught up in confusion because of a religious illegalistic battle. But I love what Jesus does. He comes on the scene and says
Quote:
John 4:21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
. I love that. Jesus is saying there will be a time where nothing matters but him.

Jesus is the I am. Nothing else matters. No organization or person is bigger then him.
Friendly Face
5/7/18 3:05 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
SouthFloridaman wrote:
It is ironic that people on here don’t say how much they have been hurt by an organization. Swaggert and Hybels never hurt me.... they may have disappointed me but they never hurt me. I don’t think they have hurt anyone expect for those affected by there sin. I have a feeling more of us have been hurt by organizations I know I have I wonder what would have happened if they renamed this post Church of God, Baptist, Catholic Church, Methodist ,who can you trust. Everyone of these organizations have been hit with cover ups and times when they did not stand for right. I can say more have been hurt by these organizations not standing for right and justice more then anyone’s personal mistakes and sin can harm them. Because these organizations sins were systematical and covered many people. It saddens me that we have more respect for the small minister living a lie and sinning because he is small and not big enough for the newspaper to care about. Then the ministers who shook nations but had a moral failing is just abandoned and crushed Jesus forgives and so do I. But I have been hurt by denominations more then any of them. We are crying out for Pentecost at this years assembly, but I know what my bibles says
Quote:
John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

We need truth to prevail in our organization before Pentecost or an out pouring from God can happen. We need repentance

John 4 is a beautiful reading about the effects of illegalism and religion. If you know the story, Samaritan’s and those of the northern tribes of Israel were considered herritics by the Judeans. The Samaritans even established there own place to worship so some did not have to go to the temple in Jerusalem. That caused a fight between them and the Jews.
Quote:
John 4:20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place to worship is Jerusalem.

It shows a woman hurt and caught up in confusion because of a religious illegalistic battle. But I love what Jesus does. He comes on the scene and says
Quote:
John 4:21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
. I love that. Jesus is saying there will be a time where nothing matters but him.

Jesus is the I am. Nothing else matters. No organization or person is bigger then him.

I disagree here.

I have been hurt a lot more by individuals than the organization.
And I have been disappointed a lot more by individuals than an organization.
5/7/18 3:55 pm

Post Fix systems forgive people SouthFloridaman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree here.

I have been hurt a lot more by individuals than the organization.
And I have been disappointed a lot more by individuals than an organization.

So your telling me jesus wasn’t crucified by a system????

What about the world’s system.
People empower systems you are right there. But systems also empower people it is a 2 way street.

My motto is forgive people but fix systems
Friendly Face
5/7/18 10:05 pm

Post Re: Fix systems forgive people Old Time Country Preacher
SouthFloridaman wrote:
My motto is forgive people but fix systems

What system fouled up Swaggard, Paulk, Hybels and others?
Acts-pert Poster
5/7/18 10:12 pm

Post Re: Fix systems forgive people SouthFloridaman
Nm Friendly Face
5/8/18 11:43 am

Post SouthFloridaman
They never hurt me personally. But I have been hurt by the practice of racism in the baptist church. I have been hurt by the legalism of the cog and Ag. I know many have been hurt by the Catholic Church abuses. These go under the radar because of the small names involved. The big names get offenses elevated more because thereis a single person of focus. Friendly Face
5/8/18 11:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
A system isn't racist - the people doing the voting in that system are racist.

A system isn't sexist - it's the men voting to keep the women out that are sexist.

People are the problem - not the system.
5/8/18 12:27 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
SouthFloridaman wrote:
They never hurt me personally. But I have been hurt by the practice of racism in the baptist church. I have been hurt by the legalism of the cog and Ag. I know many have been hurt by the Catholic Church abuses. These go under the radar because of the small names involved. The big names get offenses elevated more because thereis a single person of focus.
Please share your experience with racism in the Baptist Church. Thanks.
5/8/18 12:56 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Resident Skeptic wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
They never hurt me personally. But I have been hurt by the practice of racism in the baptist church. I have been hurt by the legalism of the cog and Ag. I know many have been hurt by the Catholic Church abuses. These go under the radar because of the small names involved. The big names get offenses elevated more because thereis a single person of focus.
Please share your experience with racism in the Baptist Church. Thanks.
. I am speaking in generalizations with the organizations. But with the baptist it was first hand. In the 90’s some baptist churches would not even allow an or perform interracial marriages. I remember a time when women were called very bad things in the baptist church if they wore pants or shorts. It is shocking how different the baptist church is by region. In some parts the baptist church is as liberal as the Methodists. In other parts of the country they are as strict as the holiness police.
Friendly Face
5/8/18 1:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic