Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How does Isa58:12 SAY "God"?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How does Isa58:12 SAY "God"? Aaron Scott
How do you pronounce "G-d"? If you won't write it, you surely shouldn't say it.

But then again, playing Jew does give one a certain something....
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/3/18 7:21 pm

Post Re: How does Isa58:12 SAY "God"? Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:

🤔....it must really bother u that u have no answer for things I post. I hope & pray u will study it out what I tell u in all Texts of the Bible
5/3/18 8:04 pm

Post Actually, Mark Ledbetter
out of reverence and not wanting to become too familiar with God's name, many Jews will say"

Adonai (Lord)

HaShem (The Name)

As referenced in another post, Matthew's Gospel, the most Jewish of the Gospels, referred to the Kingdom of God as the Kingdom of Heaven.

When writing His name, writing it as G-d serves the same purpose. You may also find the reference L-rd.

It is a way of expressing reverence for the ineffable name formed by the transliterated Hebrew Y-H-W-H, which the name Yahweh is substituted (rendered Jehovah by some, but there is no 'j" in Hebrew). Only once each year will Orthodox Jews actually use God's "name" and it is during Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.

Why do so many write/say "Church" when the Greek is ecclesia and should be translated Assembly? Tradition I suppose.

Why do so many write/say "Baptize" when the translators, who were Anglicans and believed in sprinkling, rather than translate the word "immerse" chose to coin a new word and render it baptize?

By the way, I suppose I should include this disclaimer on future posts: I am not a Judaizer. Yet, I do desire and attempt to be a disciple of Jesus (Yeshua, Yashu) and seek to emulate Him in word and deed. Not perfect but striving to walk in His ways. I also strive to adhere to the words of the Apostle Paul and "rightly divide the word of truth."
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
5/3/18 9:37 pm

Post Nope Aaron Scott
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

🤔....it must really bother u that u have no answer for things I post. I hope & pray u will study it out what I tell u in all Texts of the Bible

Doesn’t bother me even a little bit. I saw your argument decimated in post after post, but you blithely ignoring NT scripture so you could hold on to your pseudo Judaism. It’s logical that if you truly believe the NT, you would understand that no Jewish laws control you. You are free from the Jewish Law.
5/4/18 5:31 am

Post oops Mark Ledbetter
made a mistake
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
5/4/18 6:05 am

Post Re: Nope Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Doesn’t bother me even a little bit. I saw your argument decimated in post after post, but you blithely ignoring NT scripture so you could hold on to your pseudo Judaism. It’s logical that if you truly believe the NT, you would understand that no Jewish laws control you. You are free from the Jewish Law.

Aaron, please, what "Jewish" laws I'm I following? I want u to think, point them out for me & then we can have a discussion. If it's about why I spell G-d like this, don't bother Mr Ledbetter was 100% correct in what he said about it. But please, tell me something of Biblical fact u have against me that bothers u.

Thanks
5/4/18 6:36 am

Post Chicago27
I’m more concerned about his spelling of “you.” Friendly Face
5/4/18 6:41 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Since I have learned this is a sign of respect - I expect you guys to call me N_F.
5/4/18 10:14 am

Post Isa... Aaron Scott
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Aaron, please, what "Jewish" laws I'm I following? I want u to think, point them out for me & then we can have a discussion. If it's about why I spell G-d like this, don't bother Mr Ledbetter was 100% correct in what he said about it. But please, tell me something of Biblical fact u have against me that bothers u.

Thanks

It would be easier for you to tell me which Jewish laws (and by Jewish laws, I mean those in the OT) that you do NOT follow.
5/4/18 10:53 am

Post Re: Isa... Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Thanks

It would be easier for you to tell me which Jewish laws (and by Jewish laws, I mean those in the OT) that you do NOT follow.

Lol, you called me out on a problem you seem to have with me, u tell me which is it LOL
5/4/18 3:35 pm

Post Isa58:12... Aaron Scott
From your comments on other threads, I believe that while you say you don't have to keep the Sabbath, be circumcised, eat kosher, etc., to BE SAVED, you apparently think that God does want us to do these things if we want to be fully pleasing to Him.

We are all aware that you don't have to do these things to BE SAVED. My question to you is do you have to do these things, upon being made aware of them, in order to either stay saved...or...be fully pleasing to God (even if you stay saved).

I would ask again, can you tell me five OT laws from the Torah that you do not observe, nor think anyone has to observe?
5/4/18 3:39 pm

Post Re: Isa58:12... Isa 58:12
[quote="Aaron Scott"]From your comments on other threads, I believe that while you say you don't have to keep the Sabbath, be circumcised, eat kosher, etc., to BE SAVED, you apparently think that God does want us to do these things if we want to be fully pleasing to Him.

We are all aware that you don't have to do these things to BE SAVED. My question to you is do you have to do these things, upon being made aware of them, in order to either stay saved...or...be fully pleasing to God (even if you stay saved).

I would ask again, can you tell me five OT laws from the Torah that you do not observe, nor think anyone has to observe?[/quote

How about this Aaron, u find all the Scriptures that deal with what pleases G-d, & we can talk about them 😉. & U speak of being "saved" as if u have arrived & there's not much u have to do...

Let me remind u of the children of Y'srael, G-d saved them, gave them a way to walk in & what happened, did they make it in? G-d saved them.....oh yes, they were saved & the Red Sea right? But He had to "save" them again. & U see this played out in many places in the O.T. of this people being "saved", but not making it. & He's the G-d that does not change....

1. Sacrificial Laws... but "we" are to bring a sacrifice of Praise, & Messiah's blood is still needed to Atone for...
2. Temple Laws... but "we" are the Temple
3. High Priest Laws... "we" aren't the high priest, but Y'shua is & He is bound by His Word/Laws
4. Laws for the land of Y'sreal, we don't live there... yet
5. 🤔 Most of the Laws were for the Priests.... but, "we" are priests...

But u really don't know what's in the Torah, do u Aaron, that's sad, u really should look into it. You will see the real Y'shua & understand. Everyone should study out things they have been taught... Acts 17:11. If u talk about something, u really should know what it is & says....[/i]
5/4/18 9:49 pm

Post Re: Isa58:12... Aaron Scott
[quote="Isa 58:12"]
Aaron Scott wrote:
From your comments on other threads, I believe that while you say you don't have to keep the Sabbath, be circumcised, eat kosher, etc., to BE SAVED, you apparently think that God does want us to do these things if we want to be fully pleasing to Him.

I would ask again, can you tell me five OT laws from the Torah that you do not observe, nor think anyone has to observe?[/quote

How about this Aaron, u find all the Scriptures that deal with what pleases G-d, & we can talk about them 😉. & U speak of being "saved" as if u have arrived & there's not much u have to do...

Let me remind u of the children of Y'srael, G-d saved them, gave them a way to walk in & what happened, did they make it in? G-d saved them.....oh yes, they were saved & the Red Sea right? But He had to "save" them again. & U see this played out in many places in the O.T. of this people being "saved", but not making it. & He's the G-d that does not change....

1. Sacrificial Laws... but "we" are to bring a sacrifice of Praise, & Messiah's blood is still needed to Atone for...
3. High Priest Laws... "we" aren't the high priest, but Y'shua is & He is bound by His Word/Laws

But u really don't know what's in the Torah, do u Aaron, that's sad, u really should look into it. You will see the real Y'shua & understand. Everyone should study out things they have been taught... Acts 17:11. If u talk about something, u really should know what it is & says....[/i]
i

Should Christians, to fully please God, be circumcised in the flesh?

Should Christians observe kosher rules to be fully pleasing to God?

Observe feast days?
5/5/18 8:06 am

Post Re: Isa58:12... Isa 58:12
[quote="Aaron Scott"]
Aaron Scott wrote:

i

Should Christians, to fully please God, be circumcised in the flesh?

Should Christians observe kosher rules to be fully pleasing to God?

Observe feast days?

Well I guess that's for u to discern Who's Laws they are. I asked I to find all the Scriptures that deal with what's pleasing in His sight 😉
5/5/18 9:43 am

Post sheepdogandy
Deuteronomy 23:1 "He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD.
2 "One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the assembly of the LORD; even to the tenth generation none of his descendants shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

:10 "If there is any man among you who becomes unclean by some occurrence in the night, then he shall go outside the camp; he shall not come inside the camp.
11 "But it shall be, when evening comes, that he shall wash with water; and when the sun sets, he may come into the camp.

Deuteronomy 25:5 "If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the widow of the dead man shall not be married to a stranger outside the family; her husband's brother shall go in to her, take her as his wife, and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.
6 "And it shall be that the firstborn son which she bears will succeed to the name of his dead brother, that his name may not be blotted out of Israel.
7 "But if the man does not want to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate to the elders, and say, 'My husband's brother refuses to raise up a name to his brother in Israel; he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.'
8 "Then the elders of his city shall call him and speak to him. But if he stands firm and says, 'I do not want to take her,'
9 "then his brother's wife shall come to him in the presence of the elders, remove his sandal from his foot, spit in his face, and answer and say, 'So shall it be done to the man who will not build up his brother's house.'
10 "And his name shall be called in Israel, 'The house of him who had his sandal removed.'
11 "If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals,
12 "then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her.

Are these stipulations found in the Torah still valid for New Testament Christians today?

I could site many others.

Which parts of Torah do not apply today?

www.spwc.church
5/5/18 4:40 pm

Post Isa 58:12
sheepdogandy wrote:
Deuteronomy 23:1 "He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD.
2 "One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the assembly of the LORD; even to the tenth generation none of his descendants shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

:10 "If there is any man among you who becomes unclean by some occurrence in the night, then he shall go outside the camp; he shall not come inside the camp.
11 "But it shall be, when evening comes, that he shall wash with water; and when the sun sets, he may come into the camp.

Deuteronomy 25:5 "If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the widow of the dead man shall not be married to a stranger outside the family; her husband's brother shall go in to her, take her as his wife, and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.
6 "And it shall be that the firstborn son which she bears will succeed to the name of his dead brother, that his name may not be blotted out of Israel.
7 "But if the man does not want to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate to the elders, and say, 'My husband's brother refuses to raise up a name to his brother in Israel; he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.'
8 "Then the elders of his city shall call him and speak to him. But if he stands firm and says, 'I do not want to take her,'
9 "then his brother's wife shall come to him in the presence of the elders, remove his sandal from his foot, spit in his face, and answer and say, 'So shall it be done to the man who will not build up his brother's house.'
10 "And his name shall be called in Israel, 'The house of him who had his sandal removed.'
11 "If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals,
12 "then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her.

Are these stipulations found in the Torah still valid for New Testament Christians today?

I could site many others.

Which parts of Torah do not apply today?

Well sheepdog, u will have to take that up with the L-rd who never changes, those are His Ways, and His Ways are Perfect. & Ur making my point exactly, you said do those stipulations in the Torah apply to "N.T Christians" like it's yours & it is now something new. There is no such thing as N.T. Christians... That statement alone shows you have no clue of your identity, because you don't know the family ur grafted into. U seem to be in another family with different rules
5/5/18 5:17 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Apparently neither do you.

www.spwc.church
5/5/18 9:51 pm

Post Isa 58:12
sheepdogandy wrote:
Apparently neither do you.

My friend, who did Y'shua come for?
5/5/18 11:37 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Revelation 22:11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Whosoever will baby, whosoever will! Very Happy

www.spwc.church
5/6/18 8:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic