Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Beth Moore: A Letter to My Brothers (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Beth Moore: A Letter to My Brothers (L) Carolyn Smith
https://blog.lproof.org/2018/05/a-letter-to-my-brothers.html
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/3/18 8:32 pm

Post Patrick Harris
I saw it on Twitter this morning. It’s a really great read. Acts Enthusiast
5/3/18 9:46 pm

Post Chicago27
It’s time for the COG to consider and accept women in every leadership role. Friendly Face
5/4/18 6:50 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I thought this was an excellent article and explains it so well from the viewpoint of a female Christian leader. I believe it is a timely message!
5/7/18 10:00 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I sure hope this letter doesn't make it to Soddy Daisy, cause if it does they is gonna be some ceegars flyin. Shocked Cool Laughing

PS. Yes, it is a very good letter.
Acts-pert Poster
5/7/18 10:10 pm

Post Words not said ... Mat
In reading the article one thing stood out to me, men (and women) in Christian ministry must stop committing on the outward appearance of others. We may have opinions, perhaps preferences, concerning what each of us finds attractive or appealing, but those words should never be said to someone, or about someone.

Does appearance matter, well the entertainment industry knows it does, as does the church industry. To minister to people we realize that how we present ourselves often determines who will be open to our ministry. Most of us know that putting our "best foot forward" is important, and we have learned form all sectors of society that appear is often stronger than substance.

It we can not hold our tongue than maybe we do need to gouge out our eyes. Women in ministry should not be subject to the "sexual" implications of comments about their looks from their male colleagues, and men should stop treating women in ministry as if they are outside the norm.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/8/18 6:42 am

Post Chicago27
But they are taught by their leader and savior, Donald J Trump, when he said “who would vote for her...just look at that face.” They just can’t help themselves. Friendly Face
5/8/18 8:35 am

Post Chicago...really Aaron Scott
Chicago27 wrote:
But they are taught by their leader and savior, Donald J Trump, when he said “who would vote for her...just look at that face.” They just can’t help themselves.

You think that because President Trump is a sinful, messed up person, we must be too? Who did you vote for? Did you select someone that has no flaws? If so, can we say that you, like your "savior," acts in a certain way.

There is NO ONE who has EVER been elected president that is doesn't have serious flaws. Even some of our greatest presidents have had terrible flaws--adultery being but one of them.

It's too late to get your way with the 2016 election...so is this all just sour grapes? That is, you're going to blame Trump, and those who elected him, for every ill in American society? SHAME ON YOU.
5/8/18 11:46 am

Post Re: Chicago...really Chicago27
Aaron Scott wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
But they are taught by their leader and savior, Donald J Trump, when he said “who would vote for her...just look at that face.” They just can’t help themselves.

You think that because President Trump is a sinful, messed up person, we must be too? Who did you vote for? Did you select someone that has no flaws? If so, can we say that you, like your "savior," acts in a certain way.

There is NO ONE who has EVER been elected president that is doesn't have serious flaws. Even some of our greatest presidents have had terrible flaws--adultery being but one of them.

It's too late to get your way with the 2016 election...so is this all just sour grapes? That is, you're going to blame Trump, and those who elected him, for every ill in American society? SHAME ON YOU.

Spoken like a true Evangelical Trumpster. 😂😂😂
Friendly Face
5/8/18 2:42 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Chicago just likes to take shots about the election.

He was holy enough to select Billy Graham or someone that had no chance of garnering 1% of the vote - effectively sitting out the election - so he can be on the sidelines nitpicking those that got in the arena and made a choice that mattered - Trump or Hillary.

No matter who got elected - he can then smugly proclaim - I am glad I am not like those sinners that voted for their Savior, President ___________.

"ah - what a feeling. I am so much better than the rest of you".

Evil or Very Mad
5/8/18 2:48 pm

Post UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:

This is the exact same kind of troll-post you see on Fox news comment section. It means nothing, adds nothing, is "nothing".
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/8/18 3:30 pm

Post Of course, there’s always two sides... FLRon
I question why Beth Moore ever thought she would be accepted in a denomination such as the SBC. Did she somehow think that doors were going to miraculously open for her that haven’t ever been open to women? In the SBC? If so, she miscalculated her value to them just a tad.

Then, there are those who don’t see this in quite the same way Ms. Moore does.

http://pulpitandpen.org/2018/05/03/a-letter-back-to-beth-moore-from-seth-dunn/
5/8/18 3:37 pm

Post Re: Of course, there’s always two sides... Carolyn Smith
FLRon wrote:
I question why Beth Moore ever thought she would be accepted in a denomination such as the SBC. Did she somehow think that doors were going to miraculously open for her that haven’t ever been open to women? In the SBC? If so, she miscalculated her value to them just a tad.

"I detest you." What a fine Christian example Seth Dunn exhibits. I thought we weren't supposed to hate anyone. Aren't we supposed to love others? Aren't we supposed to be known by our love?

I'm not so sure Seth Dunn is a great Christian example, either.

Personally, I don't think I've read any of Beth's books, but I have seen several of her videos, and they are very, very good. Most all of them have spoken to my heart and challenged me in some way or another. My favorite video of hers is the story about the man with the hairbrush.

Of course, this letter also detracts from the purpose of Beth's letter - that women are not respected and treated well by some ministers. And that this sort of treatment is the norm and accepted by most male ministers.

And IMHO, this is the crux of the matter as it concerns the COG. Failing to allow women the rank of bishop is a matter of disrespecting women who have given their lives for the gospel in the COG. If you want to pull out the scriptures about women keeping silence in the church and being the husband of one wife, then you shouldn't give women a license AT ALL. You shouldn't allow them to pastor churches or even serve in positions of authority (such as overseer, which I understand that Margaret Gaines did for a period of time) when a man cannot be found to do so. If you want to use those scriptures to keep women from becoming bishops, then why do you allow them to have a license to preach at all? It's very confusing.
5/8/18 4:02 pm

Post Chicago27
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Chicago just likes to take shots about the election.

He was holy enough to select Billy Graham or someone that had no chance of garnering 1% of the vote - effectively sitting out the election - so he can be on the sidelines nitpicking those that got in the arena and made a choice that mattered - Trump or Hillary.

No matter who got elected - he can then smugly proclaim - I am glad I am not like those sinners that voted for their Savior, President ___________.

"ah - what a feeling. I am so much better than the rest of you".

Evil or Very Mad

Hahaha! Billy Graham? Hahaha! I voted for the Nature Boy! Woooooooooo!
Friendly Face
5/8/18 7:52 pm

Post Chicago27
UncleJD wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

This is the exact same kind of troll-post you see on Fox news comment section. It means nothing, adds nothing, is "nothing".

Never, ever read the comment section!
Friendly Face
5/8/18 7:53 pm

Post Pure bitterness Aaron Scott
FLRon wrote:

What a HATEFUL guy. I can only assume he has little effective himself, so he takes it out on Beth Moore.
5/8/18 10:54 pm

Post Re: Of course, there’s always two sides... Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
FLRon wrote:

"I detest you." What a fine Christian example Seth Dunn exhibits. I thought we weren't supposed to hate anyone. Aren't we supposed to love others? Aren't we supposed to be known by our love?

I'm not so sure Seth Dunn is a great Christian example, either.

Personally, I don't think I've read any of Beth's books, but I have seen several of her videos, and they are very, very good. Most all of them have spoken to my heart and challenged me in some way or another. My favorite video of hers is the story about the man with the hairbrush.

Of course, this letter also detracts from the purpose of Beth's letter - that women are not respected and treated well by some ministers. And that this sort of treatment is the norm and accepted by most male ministers.

And IMHO, this is the crux of the matter as it concerns the COG. Failing to allow women the rank of bishop is a matter of disrespecting women who have given their lives for the gospel in the COG. If you want to pull out the scriptures about women keeping silence in the church and being the husband of one wife, then you shouldn't give women a license AT ALL. You shouldn't allow them to pastor churches or even serve in positions of authority (such as overseer, which I understand that Margaret Gaines did for a period of time) when a man cannot be found to do so. If you want to use those scriptures to keep women from becoming bishops, then why do you allow them to have a license to preach at all? It's very confusing.

This Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
This was a very mean letter. I know neither Beth or Seth but the letter was very unChristian...IMO Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/8/18 11:10 pm

Post Re: Of course, there’s always two sides... Patrick Harris
FLRon wrote:

I don't know how much you know about Pulpit and Pen, but they are not nice people. I've followed their escapades and character assassination for several years. They also dislike anything charismatic, well they pretty much dislike anything but their narrow band of favorites.
Seth Dunn is also a piece of work. I've have online conversations with him and he's not a rational person and really doesn't like pentecostals. He's also been disfellowshipped from his church as well.

Last edited by Patrick Harris on 5/9/18 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/18 7:36 am

Post Re: Of course, there’s always two sides... Nature Boy Florida
FLRon wrote:

2 things.

One - in comparing Beth and Seth's letters - Beth's appears to be written by a Christian. Seth's - not so much.

Two - why wouldn't Beth Moore attempt to be accepted by her denomination? How do you know unless you try?
5/9/18 7:52 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
In the words of a transplant what knowed a little bit a hillbilly an a little bit a yankee, "we lettem cut their hair an wear pants, now they wanna set on the General Council floor an smoke ceegars with us." Acts-pert Poster
5/9/18 8:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic