Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Yes. There was an Assembly when two men were neck-and-neck in the voting.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Yes. There was an Assembly when two men were neck-and-neck in the voting. doyle
A post asks if there was a time when the voting for General Overseer at the Assembly was close. The answer is "Yes." There may have been other times the voting was close, but in particular, one stands out.

Not sure the year of the Assembly, but two ministers were neck-and-neck in voting results; J. Frank Culpepper and Ray Hughes.

It was back when votes were counted by hand. In those days, it was not unusual for the process of voting and counting the votes, to take two hours or more. Hand-counting was a slow process.

The COG minister who was serving as supervisor of the voting that year, told me personally, that he was on the way back to the Assembly "floor," to tell the ministers the count results.

He said the "count" showed that Culpepper was slightly ahead. Again, according to him, almost two hours after the votes had been cast by the Ordained ministers, someone he did not recognize approached him as he walked alone through one of the behind-the-scenes Convention Center's passageways.

"Sorry these are late," the man said. "These are from the foreign section."

The "late" votes were taken back to where the counting had been done. They were factored into the former total. The new count put Ray Hughes ever-so-slightly ahead.

Several years later, I was talking with one of the ministers who had been on that Counting Committee. He said, "I remember when those late votes came in. They changed the results."

CAUTION: What happened may have been totally on the up-and-up. Also, it would not be unusual that votes from the foreign section would mostly be for Brother Hughes. He was popular here in the states, but even more so overseas.

However, if I remember correctly, in those days, the votes cast did not leave the Assembly "floor" to be counted, until all the votes were in. New votes coming in nearly two hours after votes had been cast, was unusual.

Some of Brother Culpepper's friends wanted to contest the vote, but I'm told he asked them not to. He felt contesting it would cause controversy in the church and he didn't want that.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
4/20/18 12:48 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
Thank you for the response. You Doyle are the Julian Assange Wiki leaks of the COG. Thank you for your service. You have brought a level of openness more than anyone else could have ever thought a message board could accomplish. I remember the onslaught of leadership when they tried to come up with their censored version of Acts called Our Cog. They Even tried to market it to push acts out of the game. You stood strong thank you. I can not imagine the threats and legal actions could may have faced from the cog to silence you. I a few years ago upload a clip of video cleveland didn’t like. Guess what I was served with a digital take down order with a video clip that fell under fair use. I wonder how much that piece of legal action costed the church. If the insecurities of leadership would cause them to go after. 1:30 min video clip imagine what attention a full blown message board has brought. I have come to the conclusion if someone can get away with it they will do it. Sad we live in that age. Thank for your service we salute you

Last edited by MoonWalkingWithJesus on 4/24/18 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
4/24/18 3:43 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
How is ourcog doing?
4/24/18 4:52 pm

The official cog version of ourcog is not running anymore. Ourcog.org the independent version of our cog is still operating
4/24/18 5:59 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
I a few years ago upload a clip of video cleveland didn’t like.

So you the one what keeps postin the video of the Soddy Daisy Prophet.........................
Acts-pert Poster
4/27/18 12:44 am

Uhm

Last edited by MoonWalkingWithJesus on 5/25/18 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Friendly Face
4/27/18 3:24 pm

Post Re: Yes. There was an Assembly when two men were neck-and-neck in the voting. Old Time Country Preacher
doyle wrote:
The COG minister who was serving as supervisor of the voting that year, told me personally, that he was on the way back to the Assembly "floor," to tell the ministers the count results.

Doyle, could you send the ole timer this "COG minister's" contact info so this news story can be corroborated? If the Russians hacked this General Assembly election, hey, we need to have a investigation.
Acts-pert Poster
5/1/18 10:29 pm

Post Re: Yes. There was an Assembly when two men were neck-and-neck in the voting. MoonWalkingWithJesus
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
doyle wrote:

Doyle, could you send the ole timer this "COG minister's" contact info so this news story can be corroborated? If the Russians hacked this General Assembly election, hey, we need to have a investigation.
. I heard the same story. From another minister. So Doyle didn’t just coming up with this instance... otcp this has been questioned for a while. Also with the fear of retaliation from those in power Frank Culpepper probably just did what he knew to do to protect his family and future by backing down from a fight he knew would be hard to win. It would not have gone over well to ask for a recount. The cog was too authoritarian back then.
5/1/18 10:45 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
I remember the onslaught of leadership when they tried to come up with their censored version of Acts called Our Cog. They Even tried to market it to push acts out of the game.

If that was their intent, I don’t think they would have invited me and Tom Sterbens. I think Travis may have been there along with Jonathan Martin too. If the intent was to push Acts out, they invited the wrong people.
Acts-pert Poster
5/2/18 6:55 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:
I remember the onslaught of leadership when they tried to come up with their censored version of Acts called Our Cog. They Even tried to market it to push acts out of the game.

If that was their intent, I don’t think they would have invited me and Tom Sterbens. I think Travis may have been there along with Jonathan Martin too. If the intent was to push Acts out, they invited the wrong people.

Which - proves the point. OURCOG is dead. Acts lives. Guess they should have cut you guys out.
5/2/18 8:13 am

Post Hard time thinking that anyone cheated on the election.... Aaron Scott
Consider that it would mean that at least two people, maybe more, would KNOW that a person had done something sinful. It's one thing if it's between a person and God, but most people, especially people of Hughes' standing, are not going to do something that it obviously wrong. They would feel and know they are compromised. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/2/18 11:01 am

Who knows... only God Friendly Face
5/15/18 5:28 pm

Post Very poor taste... Looking For Friends
...when it has obviously been many decades and all parties involved are no longer on this earth...

There is one thing to tell a story without names in a general way to illustrate a "close vote".

It is another thing to question the integrity of a man who "just happened" to be an important part of the story during a very dark time in our movement's history when Dr. White was removed from office.

This website got it's strength and popularity through Doyle's leadership 20 years ago after the White removal.

Now you are sharing a story that insinuates wrong-doing...a story that cannot be proven because it happened so long ago...against a man who was on the "other side" of some of the darkest days in our history.

It's called a CHEAP SHOT. Very low.
Acts-celerater
5/17/18 4:27 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Nm Friendly Face
5/25/18 12:36 pm

I don’t know dr White. This is opinion. So let me ask a question because what I know has been told to me. If the people voted him in what right does an executive comitee/council have in impeaching someone Unless it was for moral reasons? I don’t think there were any moral reasons so someone had a hidden agenda. Seems to me there was a hidden hand.

There is no right to impeach someone unless it is moral or the general assembly does it the man was duly elected by the general assembly of the COG.

So what this tells me is if pastors vote someone in, and the system or Cleveland doesn’t benefit regardless of the vote they will ax him.

So we aren’t a church of Pastors? We are a church of the system?
Friendly Face
5/25/18 12:44 pm

Post Chicago27
It’s is a church of the Golf cart mafia. 😂 Friendly Face
5/25/18 8:24 pm

Chicago27 wrote:
It’s is a church of the Golf cart mafia. 😂
so I have to join a country club in Cleveland 😀.
5/26/18 11:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic