Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Favorite part of General Assembly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Favorite part of General Assembly Dow Moses
Thoughts of not going to General Assembly for the first time in over 20 years seem strange. Always Loved Mission night and the days before teen talent was moved the Youth choir at youth night was amazing. Because I’m originally from Kentucky, was a youth pastor in Georgia, Missionary in Germany and Pastored in 2 states my favorite part of GA was running into old friends. For me Relationships are the most valuable. GA always offered a chance to reconnect. I was always against the 4 year assembly, because I believed the strength of the denomination was as much relationships as anything. The feeling of Family was what made General Assembly special.
4/13/18 6:58 am

Post Re: Favorite part of General Assembly Old Time Country Preacher
Dow Moses wrote:
For me Relationships are the most valuable. GA always offered a chance to reconnect.

No doubt, reconnecting with folks we've met along the way is one a the highlights of the GA.

I love to reconnect with NBF, Aaron, and all the southeastern Tennessee preachers who have made speeches bout smoking ceegars and shoppin at JC Penney on their way to the Assembly.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/18 8:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Let me know what night we can go to dinner OTCP - I have a few questions... I wasn't planning on stopping by J C Penney oldtimer - causet if my wife needs something...I will steer her toward Victoria's Secret or something similar and not J C Penney.
4/13/18 10:03 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Hey guys, let’s get together, for real. NBF can contact me and let me know when and where. I should be there all week. I missed last Assembly because of my sister’s death. Hope to see y’all there! Acts-pert Poster
4/13/18 1:14 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Hey guys, let’s get together, for real. NBF can contact me and let me know when and where. I should be there all week. I missed last Assembly because of my sister’s death. Hope to see y’all there!

I agree. It is in Florida. NBF will be there. We really must have an Acts meeting.
4/13/18 1:55 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Hey guys, let’s get together, for real. NBF can contact me and let me know when and where. I should be there all week. I missed last Assembly because of my sister’s death. Hope to see y’all there!

I agree. It is in Florida. NBF will be there. We really must have an Acts meeting.

I don't care about seeing you or Eddie...but if OTCP is coming I'll be there!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/13/18 11:04 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Reconnecting with ministry friends is also probably my favorite thing about the Assembly. We attended several times when our kids were of Teen Talent age.

Another favorite activity was also visiting the discounted Pathway Bookstore table! That was always a blast. This girl loves a bargain - especially on Christian books!

I doubt we will ever go again, but I do have very fond memories of the years we went. My pastor will be attending for the first time this year.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/13/18 11:29 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

If you only knowed the times I was within a hand shakes distance from you, Tom, but cause I don't pastor a church of 2000 or have "Dr" in front a ma name (like Dr Marty Baker), the ole timer was not acknowledged. But I still love ya, bruh.
Acts-pert Poster
4/14/18 12:56 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

No offense taken Tom. But I do agree. If Old-timer will commit to a lunch or dinner engagement, I might need to book our own conference center to hold the number of folks that would want to be a part. Of course, I would set up a metal detector at the door just in case a long line of Doctor/Bishops showed up.
4/14/18 4:56 am

Post Mat
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

No offense taken Tom. But I do agree. If Old-timer will commit to a lunch or dinner engagement, I might need to book our own conference center to hold the number of folks that would want to be a part. Of course, I would set up a metal detector at the door just in case a long line of Doctor/Bishops showed up.

Don't worry NBF, I'm not attending the COG assembly in Orlando. The meeting will be safe. Wink Shocked Wink

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/14/18 7:03 am

Post renewal
When it was over and another useless meeting ended. Acts Enthusiast
4/14/18 5:39 pm

Post Dow Moses
I took my son in law last time to his first and last assembly. The fact that we pasted almost nothing was a waste of time. We were upset to lose an AB after just 2 years. Did enjoy the worship services.
4/14/18 7:37 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
If Old-timer will commit to a lunch or dinner engagement, I might need to book our own conference center to hold the number of folks that would want to be a part. Of course, I would set up a metal detector at the door just in case a long line of Doctor/Bishops showed up.

We go through this ever assembly. Folk wantin OTCP to meet/eat with em. Some wanna shake the ole feller's hand. Some wanna lambast him fer exposing all things woffie/degrees/wacko/etc..., an some from Soddy Daisy wanna elect him as the Women's Ministries Coordinator. An here I am all the time settin right in the midst a you fellers, right on the floor a the Gen Council, cause I am not only one of you, I am you. The parody speaks for the populace. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
4/14/18 7:37 pm

Post When I ... Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
If Old-timer will commit to a lunch or dinner engagement, I might need to book our own conference center to hold the number of folks that would want to be a part. Of course, I would set up a metal detector at the door just in case a long line of Doctor/Bishops showed up.

We go through this ever assembly. Folk wantin OTCP to meet/eat with em. Some wanna shake the ole feller's hand. Some wanna lambast him fer exposing all things woffie/degrees/wacko/etc..., an some from Soddy Daisy wanna elect him as the Women's Ministries Coordinator. An here I am all the time settin right in the midst a you fellers, right on the floor a the Gen Council, cause I am not only one of you, I am you. The parody speaks for the populace. Cool

When I think of you OTCP I am envision the prototipical COG pastor.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/14/18 9:21 pm

Post Re: When I ... Cojak
Mat wrote:

Mat

Cool I know you are kidding right?..................... Okay maybe not! Smile Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/14/18 9:49 pm

Post Cojak
But to the OP...
I agree. Even when dad took me along as a kid, I looled forward to running with Johnny Horton, Charles Delk, jackie Avery, Billy Moody and several other PK's.

As a pastor, YES seeing old friends made the sessions worth the 'cheaper hotels' and rooming houses we stayed in, some without A/C. Shocked
4/14/18 9:54 pm

Post Re: When I ... Mat
Cojak wrote:
Mat wrote:

Mat

Cool I know you are kidding right?..................... Okay maybe not! Smile Wink

Let's say he represents a certain generation and mindset of the COG ministry I have encountered over the years.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/15/18 8:12 am

Post Locations Dow Moses
San Antonio has been my favorite location. Indy was our worst experience mostly because of the hotel.
4/20/18 4:39 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
My fav... getting tore up in the holy ghost

4/25/18 3:02 pm

Post Cojak
Getting tore-up was one /COG sayin' but many moons ago! Very Happy
4/25/18 7:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic