Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

100 years concluded

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 100 years concluded Dow Moses
My family joined the COG 100 years ago this week. Years ago My grandmother was removed from membership because she would not remove her wedding band after her husband died. She never left her church because she loved the COG. Late her membership was restored.
I have pastored almost 30 years, been a missionary in Germany, preached in 22 countries and served in state leadership. Earlier this year I turn in my COG credentials and went independent. Yesterday my daughter and her husband that was planting a COG resigned the denomination. She completed our families 100 years of service in this great church. For us the system became more important than the ministry of the local church. That was just our opinion and I’m sure no one else see it that way. As someone elected 6 times to state councils I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. The good is the pastors and the ministry of the local churches. Members like my grandmother was the good. Members that faithfully served and supported. The members of the churches I’ve pastored that have built buildings and paid off over around million dollars in debts they were the good. I’m blessed to have seen a lot of good. The best I have seen had nothing to do with the politics, but the great people and their hearts to reach the loss. I leave with deep hurts, but also greatly honored to have served in the Great Church of God. Spending most of my ministry in Illinois and can honestly say illinois has awesome pastors and I want nothing but the best for them.
4/11/18 2:09 pm

Post Re: 100 years concluded FLRon
Dow Moses wrote:
My family joined the COG 100 years ago this week. Years ago My grandmother was removed from membership because she would not remove her wedding band after her husband died. She never left her church because she loved the COG. Late her membership was restored.
I have pastored almost 30 years, been a missionary in Germany, preached in 22 countries and served in state leadership. Earlier this year I turn in my COG credentials and went independent. Yesterday my daughter and her husband that was planting a COG resigned the denomination. She completed our families 100 years of service in this great church. For us the system became more important than the ministry of the local church. That was just our opinion and I’m sure no one else see it that way. As someone elected 6 times to state councils I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. The good is the pastors and the ministry of the local churches. Members like my grandmother was the good. Members that faithfully served and supported. The members of the churches I’ve pastored that have built buildings and paid off over around million dollars in debts they were the good. I’m blessed to have seen a lot of good. The best I have seen had nothing to do with the politics, but the great people and their hearts to reach the loss. I leave with deep hurts, but also greatly honored to have served in the Great Church of God. Spending most of my ministry in Illinois and can honestly say illinois has awesome pastors and I want nothing but the best for them.

You can rest assured that God has recorded your faithful service, and that of your family. It is men like you who are to be admired for the great sacrifices you have made to help grow the church. It is distressing however, to think that the church you helped to grow has become what it is today. I pray the Lord blesses your ministry greater than He ever has going forward.
4/11/18 2:36 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
You timed it perfectly, Dow, with Lee University's 100th birthday.

Smooth move, son!
Acts-pert Poster
4/11/18 2:39 pm

Post Dow Moses
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
You timed it perfectly, Dow, with Lee University's 100th birthday.

Smooth move, son!

Yes planned it that way. Lol
4/12/18 5:33 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida

4/12/18 6:01 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Pastor Dow,

You’re loved. Thank you for a beautiful contribution to the COG over the years. Someone else said that God has recorded your ministry. We have as well. It’s no small thing. We’re appreciative for you and your investment in our church family. And, I’m glad to say that leaving the COG doesn’t mean we all aren’t still a part of the family of God.

Much love, brother.
Acts-dicted
4/12/18 8:17 pm

Post Cojak
Travis Johnson wrote:
Pastor Dow,

You’re loved. Thank you for a beautiful contribution to the COG over the years. Someone else said that God has recorded your ministry. We have as well. It’s no small thing. We’re appreciative for you and your investment in our church family. And, I’m glad to say that leaving the COG doesn’t mean we all aren’t still a part of the family of God.

Much love, brother.

Well said! Cool Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/12/18 10:32 pm

Post Dow Moses
Travis Johnson wrote:
Pastor Dow,

Much love, brother.

Thanks Travis
4/12/18 10:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic