Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Are we supposed to love the Jews more?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Are we supposed to love the Jews more? Resident Skeptic
We are commanded to love everyone, including our enemies. That is not in question. Someone's race or ethnicity should never prevent us from loving them. Jesus died for all.

So why does it seem sometimes that we worship the Jews? The Apostles certainly did not do this. In fact, they often used the blanket , broad-brush term "the Jews" when being critical of them. Today we'd be chastising the Apostles saying "You should not say things like 'the Jews' because not all Jew are bad" etc.

Let's consider God's estimation of the Jews....

Quote:
Isaiah 1:4-5

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

This is just one example of thousands where God pulls no punches concerning the Jews. It's no better in the New Testament. They are possibly the most anti-Christ people in the world. Even Israel is overloaded with agnostics. Look at anything that promotes sin and debauchery, you will find it over-represented by Jews.

We seem to have no problem preaching about their failures in both testaments. But somehow, "post-70 AD", we seem to feel compelled to feel sorry for them. We lament that they've been expelled from many of their host countries. Why? Perhaps those nations had good reasons to kick them out. Look at what God thinks about them. Would you want those kinds of people living in your house?

No nation in Europe was more welcoming to the Jews than Germany. But look how they stabbed Germany in the back during WW1 and during the Weimar Republic years. It is no wonder that Hitler hated them. Certainly his eugenics views were silly. I mean, if the Jews were really sub-human apes as he said, then how could they have had the intelligence to dominate Germany the way they did? And there certainly was no justification for the Holocaust (though some facts about that are in dispute).

Look at the Bolshevik Revolution. Very overrepresented by Jews. Alexander Solzhenitsyn claims that it was basically a Jewish war against ethnic Russians. The monsters that were responsible for the Holomador were mostly Jewish. The communist leaders in charge of the revolution in post-WW1 Germany were mostly Jewish. Look at leftist causes around the world today. All over-represented by Jews. In America, Jews vote 78% Democrat. In Europe, Jews seem to favor flooding the continent with Muslims.

Israel is a fantastic country. But even there the leftist Jew element seems to keep them in a state of turmoil.

So other than prophecy, why is there so much obsession with things Jewish among Christians? A certain poster on this board comes to mind.
4/11/18 10:52 am

Post FLRon
You raise a valid question. I can only speak for myself when I say that I do not look at Jews the way you described a lot of Christians as doing.

I am of the “There is neither Greek or Jew” camp. We’re either saved or not. Nationality does not come into play in salvation. I see a misapplication of “I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you” as a large part of the reason so many Christians think of the Jews more highly than they ought to.
4/11/18 2:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
FLRon wrote:
You raise a valid question. I can only speak for myself when I say that I do not look at Jews the way you described a lot of Christians as doing.

I am of the “There is neither Greek or Jew” camp. We’re either saved or not. Nationality does not come into play in salvation. I see a misapplication of “I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you” as a large part of the reason so many Christians think of the Jews more highly than they ought to.

Thank you for your honest response. I wonder how many others want to answer but are afraid.
4/11/18 3:00 pm

Post UncleJD
I support and honor the Jews and Israel as I believe we are told too, but I don't care for Judaism, specifically the brand that survived the Roman era, AKA the Pharisees. Their teachings are abominable as testified to by Christ and the apostles. My son has been reading a book called The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus : New Light on the Seat of Moses from Shem-Tov's Hebrew Matthew (as soon as he's done, I'm reading it. The author is a Jew, but not a Pharisee (nor is he a Christian, but he wrote this book to shed light on what was going on at the time of Christ and why Christianity fell out with the Jews of the day). Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/11/18 4:35 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
I support and honor the Jews and Israel as I believe we are told too, but I don't care for Judaism, specifically the brand that survived the Roman era, AKA the Pharisees. Their teachings are abominable as testified to by Christ and the apostles. My son has been reading a book called The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus : New Light on the Seat of Moses from Shem-Tov's Hebrew Matthew (as soon as he's done, I'm reading it. The author is a Jew, but not a Pharisee (nor is he a Christian, but he wrote this book to shed light on what was going on at the time of Christ and why Christianity fell out with the Jews of the day).

Sounds very interesting.
4/11/18 6:32 pm

Post Are we to love the Jews more? No. Mark Ledbetter
We are to love them equally as we are all brothers regardless of racial or ethnic distinctive.

However, how many Christians have directed funds towards evangelizing the Jewish people? We have viewed mission work towards Hispanics, Arabs, Africans, et al, but has the Church also made concerted efforts towards reaching the Jews.

There have been groups who have but the thrust of evangelism has been the work of Messianic Judaism, which is making great strides with well over 300,000 Jews embracing Jesus/Yeshua as Messiah and Savior - at least 20,000 in Israel and growing. The Chosen People is a excellent example.

I have worked with Michael Utterback, director of Ministry to Israel, a Church of God work.

And another thought, though we may believe we are far removed from any guilt or responsibility, but Church history is marred by its prejudice leading to anti-Jewish acts. The early Church accused them of Deicide because they held them solely responsible for the death of Jesus.

This resulted in the Inquisition, Progroms and eventually the Holocaust.

Church doctrine has included Replacement Theology and/or Dual Covenant Theology, and left Jewish efforts to evangelize the Nation to rare groups.

The greatest form of Anti-Jewish sentiments is to treat them different from other people groups and spending little or no money and effort to reach them with the Gospel message.

As for Paul, indeed he saw all alike - Greek & Jew, Free & Bond, Male & Female.
Yet Paul's heart was for his "kinsmen according to the flesh" declaring, "For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren..." (Romans 9:1-3f).

Do we have the same heart-felt sorrow for our corner of the world?

So, no we are not to love them more but equally.

I have learned many things, gained much insight not only to the Scriptures per se, but the Gospels and Apostolic Writings by studying them from a Jewish Perspective. But that is a different story.

Shalom!
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
4/11/18 7:39 pm

Post Isa 58:12
UncleJD wrote:
I support and honor the Jews and Israel as I believe we are told too, but I don't care for Judaism, specifically the brand that survived the Roman era, AKA the Pharisees. Their teachings are abominable as testified to by Christ and the apostles. My son has been reading a book called The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus : New Light on the Seat of Moses from Shem-Tov's Hebrew Matthew (as soon as he's done, I'm reading it. The author is a Jew, but not a Pharisee (nor is he a Christian, but he wrote this book to shed light on what was going on at the time of Christ and why Christianity fell out with the Jews of the day).

😏 U will like that book 😉
4/11/18 8:23 pm

Post Re: Are we to love the Jews more? No. Isa 58:12
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
We are to love them equally as we are all brothers regardless of racial or ethnic distinctive.

However, how many Christians have directed funds towards evangelizing the Jewish people? We have viewed mission work towards Hispanics, Arabs, Africans, et al, but has the Church also made concerted efforts towards reaching the Jews.

There have been groups who have but the thrust of evangelism has been the work of Messianic Judaism, which is making great strides with well over 300,000 Jews embracing Jesus/Yeshua as Messiah and Savior - at least 20,000 in Israel and growing. The Chosen People is a excellent example.

I have worked with Michael Utterback, director of Ministry to Israel, a Church of God work.

And another thought, though we may believe we are far removed from any guilt or responsibility, but Church history is marred by its prejudice leading to anti-Jewish acts. The early Church accused them of Deicide because they held them solely responsible for the death of Jesus.

Church doctrine has included Replacement Theology and/or Dual Covenant Theology, and left Jewish efforts to evangelize the Nation to rare groups.

The greatest form of Anti-Jewish sentiments is to treat them different from other people groups and spending little or no money and effort to reach them with the Gospel message.

Yet Paul's heart was for his "kinsmen according to the flesh" declaring, "For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren..." (Romans 9:1-3f).

I have learned many things, gained much insight not only to the Scriptures per se, but the Gospels and Apostolic Writings by studying them from a Jewish Perspective. But that is a different story.

Shalom!

Well said
4/11/18 8:26 pm

Post Re: Are we to love the Jews more? No. Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

Shalom!

I agree with your post in principle.

Let's view it strictly from a geo-political point-of-view for a moment. I, among many others are to the point where we are not afraid to voice our observations on the effects of mass Muslim immigration into Europe. I do not feel a country is out-of-line by simply banning Muslims based on what they perceive to be the implications of hosting them. What if some of these countries expelled Jews for the same reasons? Do Jews get a pass if they really are trying to manipulate a country's currency or other acts that bring harm to their host country? One pastor I know defends some of the things Jews often get accused of as "the blessings of Abraham", etc. Really?

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 4/12/18 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
4/12/18 1:33 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Love them equally, of course.

But - why am I getting an anti-Jewish vibe from the author of this thread?

Quote:
look how they stabbed Germany in the back during WW1 and during the Weimar Republic years. It is no wonder that Hitler hated them.

Quote:
Do Jews get a pass if they really are trying to manipulate a country's currency or other acts that bring harm to their host country?

4/12/18 3:12 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Quote:
look how they stabbed Germany in the back during WW1 and during the Weimar Republic years. It is no wonder that Hitler hated them.

Some Jewish scholars agree with this assessment.

Quote:
Do Jews get a pass if they really are trying to manipulate a country's currency or other acts that bring harm to their host country?

Do you get an anti-Jewish vibe from the many negative things God said about his own people? Your comment is exactly what I'm talking about. Why does one suddenly get labeled or suspected of being "anti-Jewish" if he criticizes Jewish actions that occurred after 70 AD? Did they do NOTHING to their host countries that warranted getting kicked out? Was the "they are Christ killers" card the only one played, or were there other reason? Again, I'm not making accusations, I'm simply asking questions. You ignored other points I made.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn was the hero of the West until he started telling what he thought of the Jewish/Communist connection...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jan/25/russia.books
4/12/18 3:49 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Another good article...

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/11/13/books/solzhenitsyn-and-anti-semitism-a-new-debate.html
4/12/18 4:07 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you get an anti-Jewish vibe from the many negative things God said about his own people? Your comment is exactly what I'm talking about. Why does one suddenly get labeled or suspected of being "anti-Jewish" if he criticizes Jewish actions that occurred after 70 AD? Did they do NOTHING to their host countries that warranted getting kicked out? Was the "they are Christ killers" card the only one played, or were there other reason? Again, I'm not making accusations, I'm simply asking questions. You ignored other points I made.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn was the hero of the West until he started telling what he thought of the Jewish/Communist connection...

Sorry man.

I call 'em like I see 'em - right down the middle.

You are pretty sensitive - which makes me suspect it even more.
4/12/18 4:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry man.

I call 'em like I see 'em - right down the middle.

You are pretty sensitive - which makes me suspect it even more.

"Right down the middle"? No, I'd day that field goal attempt sailed wide-LEFT!

You might "call them like you see them", but your seer is pretty messed up.

Did I mention that I'm part Jewish? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
4/12/18 4:57 pm

Post "I agree with you in principle" Mark Ledbetter
Mass immigration of Islamist has an agenda. Comparing Jews is not a valid comparison under the conditions you present.

Individual Jews, if guilty of manipulation finances (an old indictment), then individual Jews need to be addressed and not all Jews. Jews didn't migrate across the nations because they wanted to but because God scattered them for their disobedience.

RE Jewish duplicity in the death of Jesus, it is true Jewish spiritual leadership rejected Jesus as Messiah. They looked for justifiable cause according to the Torah but found known.

They then manipulated Roman leadership who found giving in to the pressure for selfish political reasons who made the decision to have Jesus executed.

But I always go back to Peter's prayer after he was released from the Sanhedrin:

"For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant [son] Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur." - Acts 4:27-28 (emphasis added) see Acts 2:23.

Consider also the Prophet Isaiah, "But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief..." 53:10
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)

Last edited by Mark Ledbetter on 4/12/18 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
4/12/18 8:11 pm

Quote:

Quote:

💯% in agreement Nature Boy Florida...., Look resident, those are ur brothers & sisters, that's the family u, believers in Y'shua/G-d are grafted into.... Shall I bring up all the things "Christians" have done to the Jews throughout history, or do "Christians" get a pass?

& Your comment about the Jewish people going against Germany and your stand in favor of Hitler is disgusting.... By the way stud, when Germany took away all the Jewish people's guns 3 days later the Jewish people went to the gas. Look at the Liberals today with the same mindset as Islam wanted to take our guns. Do you think G-d's not involved?

And your anti-semitic slant that Jews are all for money in Banks is ridiculous, G-d said if you keep my Commandments you will be blessed, Jewish people have never stopped keeping Torah.... You should listen to what other people say, do research for yourself

I can tell u this & u can research it, the Jews have been blamed throughout history in issues like the bubonic plague, look up black death Jewish persecutions. That's just for starters, let's talk about that false accusation.... Don't forget the Jewish people are G-d's people, and the world hates them because they hate G-d.

It goes all the way back to the garden with the prophecy in Gen 3:15; about the seed of the woman shall bruise the head.... And you can see in the Bible how Jewish people have been killed with Pharaoh, Harrod, and so on the apostles everyone. Did they do anything to provoke all that, or was hasatan involved through lies?

G-d says the Jews are His chosen people, the apple of His eye, and apple translation in Hebrew as pupil. Someone people mess with the Jewish people, they're literally sticking their finger in the eye of G-d Zech 2:8-10, & they're going to get His attention. Isa 49:16, G-d has engraved them on the Palms of His hands..

Resident, you should pray about what Nature Boy Florida said about you, because it is right on You seem to have this spirit in Ps 83-2-3, Ps 83:4; they have said, come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, that the name of Y'srael May no longer be remembered

Ps 83:4 is explained by Paul in Gal 4:29; But as then he (Ishmael-a-rabs-muslims) that was born of the flesh persecuted him that was born of after the Spirit (Issac-Jews-Y'sreal) even so is now. anti-semitism has never left...
4/12/18 8:12 pm

Quote:

Quote:

💯% in agreement Nature Boy Florida...., Look resident, those are ur brothers & sisters, that's the family u, believers in Y'shua/G-d are grafted into.... Shall I bring up all the things "Christians" have done to the Jews throughout history, or do "Christians" get a pass?

& Your comment about the Jewish people going against Germany and your stand in favor of Hitler is disgusting.... By the way stud, when Germany took away all the Jewish people's guns 3 days later the Jewish people went to the gas. Look at the Liberals today with the same mindset as Islam wanted to take our guns. Do you think G-d's not involved?

And your anti-semitic slant that Jews are all for money in Banks is ridiculous, G-d said if you keep my Commandments you will be blessed, Jewish people have never stopped keeping Torah.... You should listen to what other people say, do research for yourself

I can tell u this & u can research it, the Jews have been blamed throughout history in issues like the bubonic plague, look up black death Jewish persecutions. That's just for starters, let's talk about that false accusation.... Don't forget the Jewish people are G-d's people, and the world hates them because they hate G-d.

It goes all the way back to the garden with the prophecy in Gen 3:15; about the seed of the woman shall bruise the head.... And you can see in the Bible how Jewish people have been killed with Pharaoh, Harrod, and so on the apostles everyone. Did they do anything to provoke all that, or was hasatan involved through lies?

G-d says the Jews are His chosen people, the apple of His eye, and apple translation in Hebrew as pupil. Someone people mess with the Jewish people, they're literally sticking their finger in the eye of G-d Zech 2:8-10, & they're going to get His attention. Isa 49:16, G-d has engraved them on the Palms of His hands..

Resident, you should pray about what Nature Boy Florida said about you, because it is right on You seem to have this spirit in Ps 83-2-3, Ps 83:4; they have said, come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, that the name of Y'srael May no longer be remembered

Ps 83:4 is explained by Paul in Gal 4:29; But as then he (Ishmael-a-rabs-muslims) that was born of the flesh persecuted him that was born of after the Spirit (Issac-Jews-Y'sreal) even so is now. anti-semitism has never left...

And where do you come up with worshiping the Jews?
4/12/18 8:13 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Isa 58:12 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again, I am seeking to know whether or not some of the nations who expelled Jews might have actually had justification. My question remains, why do we feel the need to completely take their side regarding their history after AD 70? Consider the harsh things God said and DID to them in the Old Testament. Did this stop at AD 70? I am asking sincere questions, not attacking. You are plainly avoiding the questions.

& Your comment about the Jewish people going against Germany and your stand in favor of Hitler is disgusting....

You just told a complete lie. I did not take Hitler's side.

By the way stud, when Germany took away all the Jewish people's guns 3 days later the Jewish people went to the gas.

I'm afraid it did not happen exactly like that. I'm not denying some were gassed. But what you describe here is fiction. The actual gassings did not start happening in mass until after it was clear the Soviet invasion had failed

Look at the Liberals today with the same mindset as Islam wanted to take our guns. Do you think G-d's not involved?

Explain why European Jews, and even American Jews for that matter, are very sympathetic to the Muslim invaders.

And your anti-semitic slant that Jews are all for money in Banks is ridiculous,

Please quote me on that one.

G-d said if you keep my Commandments you will be blessed, Jewish people have never stopped keeping Torah.... You should listen to what other people say, do research for yourself

The Jewish people will not be saved by works. Again, when did they become these saintly people? Have they changed since God used the prophets to condemn them time and again? Are they or are they not disproportionately represented in leftist , anti-Christian causes? Do you deny this?

Well, I have not made those accusations. I agree that there have been some silly things said. But I do not agree that some people hate Jews because they hate God. Many Jews prove they hate God by those they side with. They will not get a pass from God because of their race.

Yes, they have been persecuted. They have also been persecutors.

How did I "mess" with them? Is Solzhenitsyn "picking" on the Jews?

You seem to be delusional, if you believe that about me.

So, to point out how these backslid, apostate people have corrupted themselves since 70 AD is "anti-Semitism"?

Look, God has a plan for them, true. But friend, their history since 70 AD is horrible. Yes, many innocent Jews have suffered along with the guilty. But perhaps it is their cliquesh attitude that causes this to happen. Weimar Germany is a good exampl. Jews have written on this, as well as the Holomador. Why do you feel the need to deny this? Do you think God overlooks these crimes because they are Jews?

As for NFB, he disagrees with me when I agree with him. It's been that way for years. I quit trying to figure him out long ago.
4/12/18 8:37 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Not anti-Semitic....

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling!

38 Look, your house is left to you desolate.

39 For I tell you that you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.’”…

Anti-Semitic.....

"Just as Jesus warned, the Jews' house was left to them desolate. Until 1948 they wondered the globe from country to country. They did not repent of what brought their destruction in 70 AD. Thus, judgement followed them wherever they went. Inevitably, they would do something to offend their host countries and were expelled. In 1948 God restored Israel as a nation to await their most severe judgment yet, and their ultimate salvation."

By conventional wisdom, the words of Chris are fine. But to point back to those words as a warning to modern day Jews would be anti-Semitic. Can you not see the contradiction in this thinking?
4/12/18 8:49 pm

I knew I should have never got into this lol, I have a LOT to say on this, but I'm not here for this. resident, you can believe whatever you want, I'm out of this conversation I want to just talk about the Bible. I'm sorry resident, I haven't seen you on my Sabbath thread, would like to hear what you got to say
4/12/18 9:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic