Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Puzzling

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Puzzling Isa 58:12
Psalms 119...... I just don't know how anyone can read that not be affected 😶. That's King Davids "heart after G-d", btw there was only one man in the Bible God said that about 😐.

I guess I can understand Christianity has been sold that for 2000 years that the Law's been done away with, but it's 100% incorrect. & It's mind-boggling when people ask me if I keep the Law and I say yes, to the best of my ability, & they talk and act like Im in sin....

They say I'm making a mockery out of Messiah & what he's done 😕..... But I think about it and ask, isn't it making a mockery out of Messiah for breaking the Law????😶. I mean he was a Jewish rabbi who died for the sins/ lawlessness of the world... He lived, breathe, and taught repentance, come back to Torah & He died for us breaking His Law's....🤔

Shabbat Shalom
5/4/18 9:02 pm

Post Isa...wrong Aaron Scott
No one is upset at you for following the law. Do it to your heart's content. But don't dare try to tell Christians the DAMNABLE LIE that we MUST follow the Jewish Law to be right in God's eyes.

If someone wants to eat kosher, keep a certain day, observe Jewish feasts, I'm good with that. You can certainly be a Christian and do those things. But we don't HAVE to, if we don't want to.

Yes, I know that you think that Christianity has been wrong for 2000 years. I wish the perfect Pharisee, Paul, had had you there to consult, since the best Jewish minds of his time, debating with him often, could not convince him that Gentiles needed to observe the Law.

In fact, the early Church felt it important to tell the Gentiles that, to keep from unnecessarily offending the Jews, they should keep take care in certain areas (not eating things strangled, etc.) But while that was seemingly an initial effort to not alienate the Jews, who they were wanting very much to win, it becomes increasingly clear to Paul that that was not going to happen. If I recall correctly, in at least two places, Paul told the Jews that he was pretty much done with them, and was taking his ministry to the Gentiles.

And, indeed, as we find that 2000 years on, the Jews hold to their dead and false religion, as do Muslims, Hindus, etc.--any religion that doesn't hold Jesus as Lord is absolutely a FALSE RELIGION--we no longer even bother to try to not step on the toes of the Jews. They got first shot, but rejected Jesus. They were the driving force behind His crucifixion, yet act like we are anti-Semetic to even suggest such a thing! (And I am not at all denying that "Christians" did wrong to Jews, using the crucifixion as a cover.)

Every one of the earliest apostles were Jewish. James clearly held to Jewish roots more than Paul and Peter. Nothing wrong with that. At the same time there is not a thing wrong with refusing to abide by the demands of the Jewish religion.

Your viewpoint mirrors gnosticism more than a little--the whole lost or hidden truth thing. No, Peter, Paul, John, etc., they didn't get it wrong. You did.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/5/18 10:00 am

Post Re: Isa...wrong Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
No one is upset at you for following the law. Do it to your heart's content. But don't dare try to tell Christians the DAMNABLE LIE that we MUST follow the Jewish Law to be right in God's eyes.

If someone wants to eat kosher, keep a certain day, observe Jewish feasts, I'm good with that. You can certainly be a Christian and do those things. But we don't HAVE to, if we don't want to.

Yes, I know that you think that Christianity has been wrong for 2000 years. I wish the perfect Pharisee, Paul, had had you there to consult, since the best Jewish minds of his time, debating with him often, could not convince him that Gentiles needed to observe the Law.

In fact, the early Church felt it important to tell the Gentiles that, to keep from unnecessarily offending the Jews, they should keep take care in certain areas (not eating things strangled, etc.) But while that was seemingly an initial effort to not alienate the Jews, who they were wanting very much to win, it becomes increasingly clear to Paul that that was not going to happen. If I recall correctly, in at least two places, Paul told the Jews that he was pretty much done with them, and was taking his ministry to the Gentiles.

And, indeed, as we find that 2000 years on, the Jews hold to their dead and false religion, as do Muslims, Hindus, etc.--any religion that doesn't hold Jesus as Lord is absolutely a FALSE RELIGION--we no longer even bother to try to not step on the toes of the Jews. They got first shot, but rejected Jesus. They were the driving force behind His crucifixion, yet act like we are anti-Semetic to even suggest such a thing! (And I am not at all denying that "Christians" did wrong to Jews, using the crucifixion as a cover.)

Every one of the earliest apostles were Jewish. James clearly held to Jewish roots more than Paul and Peter. Nothing wrong with that. At the same time there is not a thing wrong with refusing to abide by the demands of the Jewish religion.

Your viewpoint mirrors gnosticism more than a little--the whole lost or hidden truth thing. No, Peter, Paul, John, etc., they didn't get it wrong. You did.

Classic Mr Scotty Rolling Eyes , you think I'm talking of Jewish law... The Feasts, eating kosher, Etc are G-d's Ways, & He says doing those things are pleasing in His sight. & I loved ur fulfilling of Rom 8 how the flesh lusts against the Spirit/Law, lol we don't have to do it if we don't want to lol. & Ur right, you don't have to do any if "you" dont want to, & u can keep following u.

& You keep thinking I'm talking about a Jewish religion, sorry to say I am not. By the way, your grafted into a Jewish Family, reading a Jewish book, written by Jews, praying and worshiping to a Jewish Rabbi who died for the sins of the world, who was called the King of the Jews, and supposed to be following the G-d of Y'srael that gave them all those rules in a Covenant of marriage

So I would watch her you both against them, Romans 11:17-18 says people who boast will be broken off. G-d put a Blinder over the Jewish people's eyes till the Gentiles be brought in..... That's in your Bible. & It wasn't all the Jewish people that rejected Messiah, it was a religious system. And today the religious system has it backwards, they believe in Messiah but don't keep Torah...
5/5/18 5:44 pm

Post Re: Isa...wrong Aaron Scott
Just wrong. Not going to tell you why. But you are wrong. Good-bye. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/5/18 8:31 pm

Post Re: Isa...wrong Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
Just wrong. Not going to tell you why. But you are wrong. Good-bye.
. I'm sorry, but u can't tell me anything, because u have nothing to say. PS 119, I ask that u read it & come back & let's talk about it. What's wrong with that?
5/5/18 9:07 pm

Post boring Belieber
All of your posts are boring and annoying. Hey, DOC
5/5/18 9:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic