Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My top Ten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Isa, some verses Aaron Scott
(Colossians 2:16 KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(Colossians 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

(Galatians 4:9 KJV) But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
(Galatians 4:10 KJV) Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
(Galatians 4:11 KJV) I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

(Hebrews 8:13 KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

(Revelation 4:8 KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Consider that when the Israelites marched around Jericho, they were not obeying the commandment as it was apparently understood...and yet God told them to march. And on the 7th day (the Sabbath, I believe), they marched more than ever before.

Consider also that God blesses people on Saturday AND Sunday (and the other days of the week, too). That means that God is apparently not treating the Sabbath as a day when He takes a day off.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you that there are some scriptures that give fully adequate support to not keeping the Sabbath the way the Jews did. You don't have to agree, of course, but you also don't get to act like it doesn't matter.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/20/18 3:33 pm

Post Re: Isa, some verses Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
(Colossians 2:16 KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(Colossians 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

(Galatians 4:9 KJV) But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
(Galatians 4:11 KJV) I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

(Hebrews 8:13 KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

(Revelation 4:8 KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Consider that when the Israelites marched around Jericho, they were not obeying the commandment as it was apparently understood...and yet God told them to march. And on the 7th day (the Sabbath, I believe), they marched more than ever before.

Consider also that God blesses people on Saturday AND Sunday (and the other days of the week, too). That means that God is apparently not treating the Sabbath as a day when He takes a day off.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you that there are some scriptures that give fully adequate support to not keeping the Sabbath the way the Jews did. You don't have to agree, of course, but you also don't get to act like it doesn't matter.

Are u 100% sure about what those scriptures are saying? 😱 Before I come back, I want you to line it up with the scriptures I gave you and see if they fit in your theology of what the scriptures are saying😉. I'll be back later 😋
4/20/18 3:59 pm

Post Re: Isa, some verses Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:

ShabBAT Shalom Aaron 😉, I don't know if you tested the Scriptures u gave me with the ones I just put down today, I was interested in ur out come. & If u did & u came up with ur same conclusion, do it again, because we serve a G-d who does not change Mal 3:6. & If He did change the Sabbath He would be better double minded & unstable I all His Ways James 1:5. But that see what you got here

Col 2:16-17, is not speaking of people who don't keep Sabbath, it's speaking of those that do 😋. Look at the verses before & after speaking of man's philosophy & vain deceit & traditions of man after the rudiments of the world vs 8....

Gal 4:9-11, the weak & beggarly elements where you desire to be in bondage again is speaking of a "world system", & that's found in verse 3 of Gal 4. The Galatians started going backwards Gal 1:8-9

Heb 8:13 is not speaking of the Sabbath, it's not even spoken of, but sacrifices & the high priestly Laws are 😉. They vanished away as there is no more Temple & Messiah Y'shua is the Perfect sacrifice Heb 10 & Y'shua is our High Priest Heb 4:14-16 😀

G-d us so merciful and patient with His Creation, He allows things to go on, that's just Bible History. You said God's not treating the Sabbath day as the day He took off of work.... Is that what you gather from the Scriptures I posted on the Sabbath?😱.

Well I hope that clears up that fact those Scriptures where not speaking of the Sabbath in being removed 😉.

ShabBAT Shaloooooooom
4/20/18 9:34 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Isa 58:12 wrote:
I hear people all the time who tell me the Sabbath day has been done away with, or that we no longer have to keep the Sabbath day or the Sabbath changed to Sunday, or Y'shua replaced the Sabbath day when He resurrected the first day. All of these claims cannot be supported by Scripture not one Scripture in the Bible says it was changed or replaced.

This is my top 10 Scriptural reasons we are to keep the Sabbath

Maybe this list will help you instead:
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=88291
Acts Enthusiast
4/24/18 1:21 am

Post Re: Isa, some verses Aaron Scott
Aaron Scott wrote:

ShabBAT Shalom Aaron 😉, I don't know if you tested the Scriptures u gave me with the ones I just put down today, I was interested in ur out come. & If u did & u came up with ur same conclusion, do it again, because we serve a G-d who does not change Mal 3:6. & If He did change the Sabbath He would be better double minded & unstable I all His Ways James 1:5. But that see what you got here

No, I did not test them against your scriptures. Why? Because I know that we are under a new covenant. If we were debating circumcision, you could (would?) ask, "Yes, but have you compared that to all the OT scriptures about circumcision." And the answer should be NO. You could make the same argument for the old covenant. To which us Christians would reply, "Fine, but there is a new covenant." You are trying to undermine the NT's scriptures by using OT scriptures that are no longer valid for the people of God.

A God Who doesn't change? No, His CHARACTER doesn't change. But when God says, for instance, that He will do a NEW thing, well, that means He is doing something He had not done before. So not changing does not mean what you want it to mean. How do you explain the old covenant vs. the new covenant if God never changes? Exactly. You don't. You claim that we're still under the old covenant. But we're not.

Is God would be double-minded if He changed anything, then how do you explain that He does not require Christians to be circumcised? Oh, wait--you believe He does require it (maybe not for salvation, but we still must do it if we want to be pleasing to God.)

Col 2:16-17, is not speaking of people who don't keep Sabbath, it's speaking of those that do 😋. Look at the verses before & after speaking of man's philosophy & vain deceit & traditions of man after the rudiments of the world vs 8....

And when was anyone judging folks for keeping the Sabbath? Nope, it was the Jews (and Judaizers) who were judging Christians about their failure to observe Jewish traditions, days, laws, etc.

To act like these are all verses that are telling Christians to become like the Jews is utterly without merit. Paul was fiercely against Judaizers (i.e., "especially they of the circumcision").

Gal 4:9-11, the weak & beggarly elements where you desire to be in bondage again is speaking of a "world system", & that's found in verse 3 of Gal 4. The Galatians started going backwards Gal 1:8-9

Isa, you wrong again. I simply find it hard to believe you are this blind to the OBVIOUS intent! I have hoped that you were simply ignorant of the meaning. But now I am thinking that you are simply trying to deceive. You picked about the worst place on the internet to ply your trade. Read the 21st verse of Galatians 4. It was PRECISLEY because they were being deceived into thinking that observing the Jewish law was the way to go that Paul had to warn them. What they had begun in the spirit, they were now thinking to accomplish in the flesh.

Heb 8:13 is not speaking of the Sabbath, it's not even spoken of, but sacrifices & the high priestly Laws are 😉. They vanished away as there is no more Temple & Messiah Y'shua is the Perfect sacrifice Heb 10 & Y'shua is our High Priest Heb 4:14-16 😀

My point was that a new covenant has come. The new covenant was in place before the loss of the temple. In fact, it wouldn't matter if the Temple were still here--the old covenant is gone.

Hebrews lets us know that the whole Levitical priesthood is gone, since One from the tribe of Judah is the true High Priest.

Again, tell me just what things have vanished away? You eat kosher, right? So do you believe that it is OK to eat bacon now? What has been done away with, Isa? Over and over, you show that you don't really think very much at all has been done away with. You go kosher. You think we should be circumcised. You think that lobsters are an abomination (me, too, but for other reasons!). You think that the feasts must be observed, etc.

Very simply, WHAT has vanished with the old covenant? And what scriptures do you have to guide you in just what is and is not done away with?

G-d us so merciful and patient with His Creation, He allows things to go on, that's just Bible History. You said God's not treating the Sabbath day as the day He took off of work.... Is that what you gather from the Scriptures I posted on the Sabbath?😱.

Well I hope that clears up that fact those Scriptures where not speaking of the Sabbath in being removed 😉.

Um, no. Sorry. Didn't clear up a THING. Except that you are either deceived and a deceiver...or, perhaps, are just unable to grasp the truth of the matter.

ShabBAT Shaloooooooom
4/24/18 3:48 pm

Post Isa 58:12
Pastor Nations wrote:
I hear people all the time who tell me the Sabbath day has been done away with, or that we no longer have to keep the Sabbath day or the Sabbath changed to Sunday, or Y'shua replaced the Sabbath day when He resurrected the first day. All of these claims cannot be supported by Scripture not one Scripture in the Bible says it was changed or replaced.

This is my top 10 Scriptural reasons we are to keep the Sabbath

Maybe this list will help you instead:
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=88291

Shalom, I wish u would have posted that here😏, I will look at it in a little bit but I already know what I'm going to say 😉
4/24/18 9:30 pm

Ok Aaron, keep going through life without testing the scriptures, that's going against the New Testament 1 These 5:21; prove all things, holding fast to what is good... Acts 17:11; these were "more noble" than those in thessalonica, in that they were received the Word with all Readiness of mine and "searched the Scriptures" **daily** whether those things were so.... I can just stop right there

Now Aaron take one of the scriptures that I have in the front at the top of the thread that everyone ignores, posted here, and speak about it, show me where I'm wrong if I'm wrong

And this topic is not about circumcision, it's about the Sabbath, we can talk about about that some other time if you want. This Thread is about the Sabbath

Let me ask you a question Aaron, have you ever been wrong when you thought that you were 100% you were right, & you find out you were wrong? Do you think that will ever happen to you again?

Test the scriptures Aaron, be like the men of Berea Acts 17:11
4/24/18 9:45 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Shalom, I wish u would have posted that here😏, I will look at it in a little bit but I already know what I'm going to say 😉

We all know what you are going to say.

You're going to repeat the same things whether you read it or not.
Acts Enthusiast
4/24/18 10:42 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Pastor Nations wrote:

We all know what you are going to say.

You're going to repeat the same things whether you read it or not.

Exactly, same junk every post. If you don't come to the same conclusion he does you didn't study enough or you are following Catholic teaching.
Acts Enthusiast
4/25/18 7:44 am

Post Isa...my last post. Aaron Scott
Ok Aaron, keep going through life without testing the scriptures, that's going against the New Testament 1 These 5:21; prove all things, holding fast to what is good... Acts 17:11; these were "more noble" than those in thessalonica, in that they were received the Word with all Readiness of mine and "searched the Scriptures" **daily** whether those things were so.... I can just stop right there

Isa, you do not seem to grasp that if the NT indicates that "these OT rules do not apply to believers," that I do not need to check the OT. Think about what you are asking.... You are basically wanting us to read the OT, then nullify the NT scriptures that release us from the OT rules! NO. NO. And NO again.

I know we are talking about the Sabbath and not circumcision, but the point is that you would use the SAME argument for circumcision. You might say, "Have you really researched what the OT says about circumcision?" To which I would reply as Major Trammel: "Doesn't matter."

And it doesn't matter because it is nullified.

NOW, about the Sabbath, I have given you multiple verses that indicate that we are not under bondage to observe certain days, feasts, etc. You even tried to twist the scriptures to act as if they were not talking about Jewish law. That was not only wrong of you, it was handling the Word of God deceitfully. You seem completely willing to be deceptive about the NT scriptures if it serves your purpose of getting us to act like Jews.

Ain't gonna happen. You can no longer be trusted to be honest about the scriptures. You told a bald-faced falsehood when you acted like those verses were trying to get us to follow the law! SHAMEFUL.

Now Aaron take one of the scriptures that I have in the front at the top of the thread that everyone ignores, posted here, and speak about it, show me where I'm wrong if I'm wrong

I have already done that. I am not going to sit around and go verse-by-verse with you. I have pointed out that NT scriptures that let us know that we don't have to observe a certain day, etc. If you want to play Jew, go right ahead. But just own that you do it because it makes you feel a certain way--NOT because it is AT ALL commanded to NT believers.

And this topic is not about circumcision, it's about the Sabbath, we can talk about about that some other time if you want. This Thread is about the Sabbath

Let me ask you a question Aaron, have you ever been wrong when you thought that you were 100% you were right, & you find out you were wrong? Do you think that will ever happen to you again?

Yes. I was wrong to think that the NT scriptures mean anything to you. You will throw them under the bus to hold on to your Judaic-centric beliefs.

4/25/18 10:46 am

Post Re: Isa...my last post. Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:

Isa, you do not seem to grasp that if the NT indicates that "these OT rules do not apply to believers," that I do not need to check the OT. Think about what you are asking.... You are basically wanting us to read the OT, then nullify the NT scriptures that release us from the OT rules! NO. NO. And NO again.

I know we are talking about the Sabbath and not circumcision, but the point is that you would use the SAME argument for circumcision. You might say, "Have you really researched what the OT says about circumcision?" To which I would reply as Major Trammel: "Doesn't matter."

And it doesn't matter because it is nullified.

NOW, about the Sabbath, I have given you multiple verses that indicate that we are not under bondage to observe certain days, feasts, etc. You even tried to twist the scriptures to act as if they were not talking about Jewish law. That was not only wrong of you, it was handling the Word of God deceitfully. You seem completely willing to be deceptive about the NT scriptures if it serves your purpose of getting us to act like Jews.

Ain't gonna happen. You can no longer be trusted to be honest about the scriptures. You told a bald-faced falsehood when you acted like those verses were trying to get us to follow the law! SHAMEFUL.

I have already done that. I am not going to sit around and go verse-by-verse with you. I have pointed out that NT scriptures that let us know that we don't have to observe a certain day, etc. If you want to play Jew, go right ahead. But just own that you do it because it makes you feel a certain way--NOT because it is AT ALL commanded to NT believers.

Yes. I was wrong to think that the NT scriptures mean anything to you. You will throw them under the bus to hold on to your Judaic-centric beliefs.

What do you get out of these Words?....🤔...Forever, Everlasting Covenant, Word of Truth endures Forever 🤔. You might want to study the Old Testament scriptures because they back up the New Testament scriptures. There is nothing new Under the Sun.....
4/25/18 3:55 pm

Aaron, Pastor Nations, let me ask you 2 a question, have you ever been wrong on something that you're 100% sure you were right on, & Do you think that could ever happen again?

Because both of you have not even touched the scriptures I have at the top of the thread. That's something to think about 😏
4/26/18 10:33 pm

Post Pastor Nations
#1. The Bible never says to stop keeping the Sabbath, Ex 31:16-17, it is an Everlasting Covenant to His people

Show me where this Bible verse says "everlasting" - and please let us know what translation you are quoting.
Acts Enthusiast
4/26/18 11:02 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
#1. The Bible never says to stop keeping the Sabbath, Ex 31:16-17, it is an Everlasting Covenant to His people

Show me where this Bible verse says "everlasting" - and please let us know what translation you are quoting.

😕 Lol 😏 ummmm ok, the dakes & KJV do you have to do word studies, "Perpetual" Hebrew Olam, Eternal, Everlasting Covenant.. used in the same sense as in Gen 17:13 😏. The Chumash, says Eternal Covenant, the New Living Translation says an obligation for all time i.e. Everlasting, Christian Standard Bible says it is a Permanent Covenant i.e. Everlasting. How long does God's "Covenants" last? 😇

Pastor, u know that it says that, don't get hung up on semantics 😏
4/26/18 11:34 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Pastor Nations wrote:

😕 Lol 😏 ummmm ok, the dakes & KJV do you have to do word studies, "Perpetual" Hebrew Olam, Eternal, Everlasting Covenant.. used in the same sense as in Gen 17:13 😏. The Chumash, says Eternal Covenant, the New Living Translation says an obligation for all time i.e. Everlasting, Christian Standard Bible says it is a Permanent Covenant i.e. Everlasting. How long does God's "Covenants" last? 😇

Dakes is not a translation - it is a commentary.

The KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, RSV all say "perpetual"

The translators specifically chose the word perpetual - not everlasting.

😕 Lol 😏 ummmm ok, the dakes & KJV do you have to do word studies, "Perpetual" Hebrew Olam,

You don't have to do a word study - the translators are better in Hebrew than we are, and they have already done the word study. They selected perpetual.
Acts Enthusiast
4/26/18 11:56 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
Pastor Nations wrote:

Dakes is not a translation - it is a commentary.

The KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, RSV all say "perpetual"

The translators specifically chose the word perpetual - not everlasting.

😕 Lol 😏 ummmm ok, the dakes & KJV do you have to do word studies, "Perpetual" Hebrew Olam,

You don't have to do a word study - the translators are better in Hebrew than we are, and they have already done the word study. They selected perpetual.

Well the Jews, in their writings the G-dd gave them in Hebrew & understand Hebrew better than Christian theologians translate the Hebrew letters as Everlasting 😀, so I'm going with the Jewish people LOL 😏😇

Go to bed pastor...
4/27/18 12:03 am

Shabbat Shalom, Shabbat Shalom. May you all be blessed and refreshed and restored on the Sabbath even as God was refreshing restored in Y'shua's Name amein 😇

Is the Sabbath lesson, they are two lessons combined, they are called Acharei Mot, meaning after the death & Kedushim meaning Holy ones, or saints. Holy in Hebrew means set apart. 🙃😀. Look at the title is again 😉. Now who wouldn't want to know more about that? We will find out who he really His Torah

Torah. Lev 16:1-20:27
Prophets. Ezek 22:1-19
N.T. Matt 15:10-20

ShabBAT Shalom😇
4/27/18 3:42 pm

One more Promise for my list reasons to keep the Sabbath is in Ex 23:12; six days you shall do your work, and on the seventh day you shall rest, that your ox and you're donkey may rest, and the son of the handmaid, and the "stranger" may be ***refreshed***

Ex 31:17; it is a *sign* between Me and the children of Y'srael Forever for, for in six days the L-rd made Heaven and Earth and on the seventh day He rested and "was" ***refreshed***

When we keep Shabbat, rest, as G-d rested after His sixth days of Creation, we are Promised to be restored and refreshed just as He was😀, who doesn't want that? 😇
4/28/18 12:03 pm

Hear is something to think about in G-d's Word 😇. From last week's lesson in Lev 19:1-3; and the L-rd spoke unto Moshe saying, speak unto all the congregation of the children of Y'srael, and say to them, you shall be Holy, for I the L-rd your G-d am Holy

Vs 3; you shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and *keep* My Sabbaths, I'm the L-rd *your* G-d

Look at that, in the lesson on Holiness these 2 are linked... 🕎
4/29/18 10:38 pm

Post Pastor Nations
I'm the L-rd *your* G-d

Not:L-rd - there is nothing special about misspelling God in order to sound Jewish

Hebrew: ‏יהוה‎
Transliteration: YHWH
English: LORD

The Old Testament uses all caps when translating YHWH

And, btw, the English alphabet has vowels.
Acts Enthusiast
4/30/18 1:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic