Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My top Ten
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My top Ten Isa 58:12
I hear people all the time who tell me the Sabbath day has been done away with, or that we no longer have to keep the Sabbath day or the Sabbath changed to Sunday, or Y'shua replaced the Sabbath day when He resurrected the first day

All of these claims cannot be supported by Scripture not one Scripture in the Bible says it was changed or replaced. This my top 10 Scriptural reasons we are to keep the Sabbath

10. The Sabbath day was established at creation Gen 2:2-3; & on the 7th day G-d ended His work which He had made, & He rested on the 7th day from all His work which He had made. 3; & G-d Blessed the 7th day & Sanctified it, because that in it He had rested from all His work which G-d created and made.

9. The Sabbath is #4 of the 10 Words, Ex 20:8-11; remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy. 9, 6 days show you labor and do all your work, but the 7th day is the Sabbath of the L-rd your G-d, in it used to not do any work, you, know your son, nor your daughter, your man servant, your maidservant, your cattle, nor the stranger as within your gates. 11. 4 and 6 days the L-rd made Heaven and earth, and the sea and all that is in them, and rest of the 7th day, wherefore the L-rd Blessed Sabbath day and Hollowed it

8. It is a **sign** between G-d & His people. Ex 31:13-17; speak you also unto the children of Y'srael, saying verily My Sabbaths you shall keep for it is a **sign** between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I Am the L-rd who does sanctify you. You shall keep the Sabbath therefore, for it is Holy unto you, everyone that defiles it shall surely be put to death, for whosoever does any work there in, that soul shall be cut off from among His people
Six days may work be done, but in the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the L-rd, whose forever does any work on the Sabbath day he shall surely be put to death. 16; wherefore the children of Y'srael shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations for a Perpetual (Everlasting) Covenant. 17; it is a **sign** between Me and the children of Y'srael Forever, for in 6 days the L-rd made Heaven and the Earth and on the 7th day He rested and was refreshed. Ezek 20:12.

7. The Sabbath is a gift to us. Mark 2:27; and He said unto them, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Ezek 20:12; Moreover also I gave them My Sabbath, to be a **sign** between Me and them, that they may know that I Am the L-rd that sanctifies them

6. G-d blesses those who keep it, Isa 56:2-7; Blessed is the man that does this, and the son of man that lays hold of it, that keeps the Sabbath from polluting it and keeping his hand from doing any evil. 3. Neither let the son of the stranger/gentile, **that has joined** himself to the L-rd, speak saying the L-rd has utterly separated me from His people, neither let the eunuch say, behold I am a dry tree
4. For the says the L-rd unto the eunuchs that keep My Sabbath, and choose the things that please Me, and take hold of my Covenant, 5. Even unto them while I give in Mine house and within My walls a place and a name better than of the sons and of daughters; I will give them an Everlasting name, that shall not be cut off
6. Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, everyone that keeps the Sabbath from polluting it, and takes hold of my Covenant 7. Even then why bring to My Holy Mountain, and make them joyful In My house of prayer, their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon Mine altar from My house shall be called a house of prayer for all people

5. The Sabbath will still be kept in the new creation. Isa 66:22-23; for as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, says the L-rd, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23; and it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Shabbat to another, shall all flesh come to Worship before Me says the L-rd

4. We are Commanded to remember the Sabbath. Ex 20:8; remember the Sabbath day, to keep it Holy.

3. To forget the Sabbath is a punishment. Lam 2:6; and He has violently taken away His Tabernacle, as if it were of a garden, He has destroyed His places of the assembly, the L-rd has caused the Solemn Feasts and Sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion and has despised in the indignation of His anger the king and the priest
Hosea 2:11-13; I will also cause all her murder to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her Sabbath, and all her Solemn Feasts 12; and I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, where of she has said, these are my rewards that my lover's have given me, and I will make them a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them 13; and I will visit upon her the days of ba'alim, wherein she burn incense to them, and she deck herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgot Me says the L-rd

2. Y'shua, Paul, & gentile converts kept the Sabbath. Luke 4:16; and He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up, and as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read
Acts 13:42-44; and the next Sabbath day came almost a whole (gentile) city together to hear the Word of G-d. 45. But when the Jews saw the multitude, they were filled with envy, and speak against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming
Acts 15:21; for Moshe/Torah a of old-time has in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogue every Sabbath day
Acts 17:2; and Paul as his manner was, went in unto them and three Sabbath days reason with them out of the scriptures. 18:4; and he reason in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks

& #1. The Bible never says to stop keeping the Sabbath, Ex 31:16-17, it is an Everlasting Covenant to His people 😀😇

But everyone, Rejoice I have a bonus scripture for everyone 😉 to think about 🤔. Ezek 22:26; her priests have violated My Law, and a profane My Holy things, and they put no difference between the Holy and the profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and I have hid their eyes for My Sabbaths, and I Am profaned among them

I hope everyone has enjoyed my top 10 reasons for keeping the Sabbath 😀😉😇. We are all brothers and sisters in the L-rd, and I love everybody here. My prayer is that this has challenged or provoked people to keep the Sabbath and to see the importance of it and will search the Scriptures on it for Understanding.

In Y'shua's Name amein 😇
4/10/18 11:10 pm

Post You'd make a whole lot better Seventh Day Adventist than a Jew. Aaron Scott
The Sabbath remains a question for me. I'm pretty sure that if the Church has been using Sunday for almost 2000 years--and being blessed by God!--then keeping A DAY (not specifically the SABBATH) seems to be accepted by God.

HOWEVER, I have long contended that I don't understand why all the other of the Ten Commandments are still required...except the Sabbath. If it's like circumcision, then why wasn't either circumcision included in the 10 Commandments...or the Sabbath left off of it?

So, Isa58:12, get thee to a 7th Day Adventist church--you can be an authentic one of those instead of a pretend Jew. (SMILE)
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/11/18 8:05 am

Post Re: You'd make a whole lot better Seventh Day Adventist than a Jew. Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
The Sabbath remains a question for me. I'm pretty sure that if the Church has been using Sunday for almost 2000 years--and being blessed by God!--then keeping A DAY (not specifically the SABBATH) seems to be accepted by God.

HOWEVER, I have long contended that I don't understand why all the other of the Ten Commandments are still required...except the Sabbath. If it's like circumcision, then why wasn't either circumcision included in the 10 Commandments...or the Sabbath left off of it?

So, Isa58:12, get thee to a 7th Day Adventist church--you can be an authentic one of those instead of a pretend Jew. (SMILE)

Lol, that was funny Aaron, 7th day adventist...🤔, I wonder who they got that from? 🤔. If the Sabbath is in question to you and Aaron, study it out in all text of the Bible, I have just given you a few. In fact don't just Ponder things on yourself, ask questions ask your pastor, ask your teacher if you're in school or whatever, but don't just sit there silent. Because now what are you going to do with all the scriptures that you have read here, what do you do about those? How are you going to fit those in your theology? 😱

The word Sabbath alone is in the Bible 171 times, 69 times in the New Testament, & it is an Everlasting Covenant to His people

About the church being blessed for 2,000 years..... I just direct your attention to 1st Chr 34 was King Josiah who did everything his father David did, and he was blessed. Then the Torah / Law was found in came out and was read to King Josiah....& And what did he say? We have inherited lies from our fathers, (as we have)

The point is King Josiah was blessed in everything he thought was right and was doing, but when Truth came forth and was revealed it set him free and he knew he had to repent and all Y'srael, & they did....

The Catholic Church removed Sabbath and change it to Sunday, they have publicly in their books they have said that G-d give them the authority to change the Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday, from which G-d never said.

& Am I pretending to be Jewish, or do I try to live & say what G-d says? That's where you miss it Aaron, it's not a Jewish thing, it's G-d's Wink

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 4/14/18 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/11/18 8:42 am

Post Isa 58:12
& they are STILL the 10 Words, Commandments😀😋😇. That should raise eyebrows and concerns 😉
4/11/18 8:43 am

Aaron, let me ask you a question, do you have a verse for Sunday rest? That's where you'll find your answer
4/11/18 9:53 am

Post UncleJD
I think I'll just stick to the law that God writes on our hearts, I don't want to be condemned for the guilt of sin.

Hebrews 8:7-13 The superior excellence of the priesthood of Christ, above that of Aaron, is shown from that covenant of grace, of which Christ was Mediator. The law not only made all subject to it, liable to be condemned for the guilt of sin, but also was unable to remove that guilt, and clear the conscience from the sense and terror of it. Whereas, by the blood of Christ, a full remission of sins was provided, so that God would remember them no more. God once wrote his laws to his people, now he will write his laws in them; he will give them understanding to know and to believe his laws; he will give them memories to retain them; he will give them hearts to love them, courage to profess them, and power to put them in practice.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/11/18 4:49 pm

Post Consider, Isa.... Aaron Scott
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Aaron, let me ask you a question, do you have a verse for Sunday rest? That's where you'll find your answer

Do you suppose that God would permit His church to go 2000 years without withdrawing blessing, etc., if it is as big a deal as some make of it?

There is a verse in the NT (not where I can look it up right now) that indicates that some esteem one day over another, but implying something far less than literal Sabbath observance.

Consider that Christians were not welcomed in synagogues after a certain point. They were somewhat pushed to observe another day of worship, etc.

Consider that the Jews’ worship OF the Sabbath caused them to hate the Lord of the Sabbath. They hated Him for His disciples picking corn (if I remember correctly) on the Sabbath. And the Jews were outraged that Jesus had the temerity to heal someone on the Sabbath. The point being that Jesus was breaking their “law” regarding the Sabbath...and no doubt would still be considered breaking it today.

My issue is NOT with the Law, as I consider it nullified for Christians. My concern is with the Ten Commandments, with transcend the law, in that they are moral commands from before the Law...and after it. Again, I do not fully understand why we feel to keep all but the Sabbath commandment, but it’s hard to argue against the fact that God has continued to bless the church despite the fact that some believe the church to be in terrible disobedience.
4/11/18 5:37 pm

UncleJD wrote:
I think I'll just stick to the law that God writes on our hearts, I don't want to be condemned for the guilt of sin.

Hebrews 8:7-13 The superior excellence of the priesthood of Christ, above that of Aaron, is shown from that covenant of grace, of which Christ was Mediator. The law not only made all subject to it, liable to be condemned for the guilt of sin, but also was unable to remove that guilt, and clear the conscience from the sense and terror of it. Whereas, by the blood of Christ, a full remission of sins was provided, so that God would remember them no more. God once wrote his laws to his people, now he will write his laws in them; he will give them understanding to know and to believe his laws; he will give them memories to retain them; he will give them hearts to love them, courage to profess them, and power to put them in practice.

Shalom.... I don't know what translation that is, I thought you were riding down the commentary notes 😏 LOL. But you're making my point that we got to keep G-d's Torah, Law. Because what was the writer of Hebrews speaking from? Jeremiah 31: 31-34, & those laws are from the Torah, 1st oral, then in stone, now in our hearts, same Law's 😉.

So I agree with you unc, keep G-d's Laws 😉

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 4/14/18 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/11/18 8:37 pm

Post Re: Consider, Isa.... Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:

Do you suppose that God would permit His church to go 2000 years without withdrawing blessing, etc., if it is as big a deal as some make of it?

There is a verse in the NT (not where I can look it up right now) that indicates that some esteem one day over another, but implying something far less than literal Sabbath observance.

Consider that Christians were not welcomed in synagogues after a certain point. They were somewhat pushed to observe another day of worship, etc.

Consider that the Jews’ worship OF the Sabbath caused them to hate the Lord of the Sabbath. They hated Him for His disciples picking corn (if I remember correctly) on the Sabbath. And the Jews were outraged that Jesus had the temerity to heal someone on the Sabbath. The point being that Jesus was breaking their “law” regarding the Sabbath...and no doubt would still be considered breaking it today.

My issue is NOT with the Law, as I consider it nullified for Christians. My concern is with the Ten Commandments, with transcend the law, in that they are moral commands from before the Law...and after it. Again, I do not fully understand why we feel to keep all but the Sabbath commandment, but it’s hard to argue against the fact that God has continued to bless the church despite the fact that some believe the church to be in terrible disobedience.

G-d allows things to go on, but his arm is always stretch out to His people, Christians 2, Rom 10:21. Look how much time passed before Messiah arrived on the scene. These rabbis I've been preaching the torch of the people forever, & when Messiah showed up they had no clue who He was...

G-d seemed to care about the Sabbath, it was the only day He named, and the only day set aside Holy to Himself, the only day he made an Everlasting Covenant with, and the only day He gave it to us as a gift. Look at the big deal Christians make of Sunday, look what happens when you miss a couple Sundays in a row....as if it's a big deal. I mean if you can keep Sunday, why can't we just keep the L-rds Sabbath?

Ur verse is Rom 14:5, but how do you know its speaking of the Sabbath day, the Sabbath never mentioned in this chapter. But it does speak of food, so it could have been speaking of a fast day. And verse one speaks of those that are weak in the faith

I don't know where you're speaking of that Christians were set aside and kicked out of synagogues, because Acts 15:21 says something different at the Nicene Council. Jews that believe the Messiah were also kicked out of the synagogue at some point. Christians were never forced into worshipping another day, the Catholic church inscribed Sunday because they hatred the Jews and they tried to change the religion by trying to get the jewishness out of it. This can coincide with resident Skeptics thread

& I'm lost, which Jews hated the L-rd of the Sabbath, all the ones that followed Him, His Jewish apostles, or was it the religious Jewish Pharisees. The religious system hated Messiah, & today the religious system hates God's Torah. It's reversed. And your whole thing is speaking of the religious system, the scribes and Pharisees, Messiah was breaking "their view" of the Sabbath

And Aaron, where is your verse that the Laws are nullified for Christians, be careful, & that's not discipleship, that's dual covenant theology, and or replacement theology, pick your poison. & My friend, go study the Sabbath yourself in prayer to G-d using the scriptures in all text of the Bible. Remember the family you are grafted into now and what He told them to do, & how to live. Find out who changed it, & may G-d open your eyes and show you the Truth you're looking for

In Y'shua's Name amein

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 4/11/18 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/11/18 9:00 pm

Aaron & Unc, what do you do with just those 11 examples of the Sabbath I posted from the Bible, what do you think they mean? That's what G-d thinks about the Sabbath.

You all know I'm not against you guys, I'm just giving you things to think about, we all need to be challenged on what & why we believe things. We are brothers and sisters & iron sharpens iron
4/11/18 9:10 pm

Post Here's the verse Aaron Scott
(Romans 14:4 KJV) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

(Romans 14:5 KJV) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

(Romans 14:6 KJV) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
4/12/18 6:29 am

Post UncleJD

So I agree with your uncle, keep G-d's Laws 😉

Yep, the ones He wrote on our hearts. He didn't write anything about circumcision, Kosher, etc... on mine, and the entire book of Hebrews is about one thing, "a better way!" Better than what they (the Hebrews) had been practicing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/12/18 8:41 am

UncleJD wrote:

So I agree with your uncle, keep G-d's Laws 😉

Yep, the ones He wrote on our hearts. He didn't write anything about circumcision, Kosher, etc... on mine, and the entire book of Hebrews is about one thing, "a better way!" Better than what they (the Hebrews) had been practicing

Well how you know what laws, and how many? & You're 💯% that's what he was speaking of? When you speak of a better way outside of all the things you say is not written on your heart, that's Deut 13:1-5 speaking of if someone tries to tell you another way

& Did you read the scriptures of the Sabbath I posted? How do you fit that in your theology of Hebrews? I would like to hear it 😀
4/12/18 5:50 pm

Post Re: Here's the verse Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
(Romans 14:4 KJV) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

(Romans 14:5 KJV) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

(Romans 14:6 KJV) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I'm sorry Aaron, but you are reading into what you have been taught on the scripture, now what the scripture is saying. Because read the scriptures I have speaking of the Sabbath day and make it fit and how you see Hebrews, & then tell me

Shalom
4/12/18 5:51 pm

And I'm surprised, and it is sad to see no one else talking about this. I would think this is very important because those verses are in everybody's Bible
4/12/18 5:53 pm

Post Re: Here's the verse Aaron Scott
Aaron Scott wrote:

I'm sorry Aaron, but you are reading into what you have been taught on the scripture, now what the scripture is saying. Because read the scriptures I have speaking of the Sabbath day and make it fit and how you see Hebrews, & then tell me

Shalom

Sorry, Isa58:12, I did not receive any training or theological direction on this verse. It's just plain common sense.

BY THE WAY, you have steadfastly refused to tell me why you will not spell out "God." Is it part of the Law or is it, as I suspect, that you are trying to out Jew the Jews?

Over and over, you have to IGNORE the plain statements of the New Testament in order to hold to a dead religion?

Why do you suppose that Gentiles need not be circumcised, need not observe Jewish dietary laws, etc., but apparently MUST observe everything else?

Your logic is broken. At some point, you have to admit to yourself that you are a Judaizer.

When Paul confronted Peter, it was clear that Peter wasn't doing the law as the Jews would have preferred. In fact, if the Jews had had their way, Jesus would have been declared insane and a fool. With wicked hands they crucified Him (Peter pins the blame on the Jews, even though the Romans carried out the act).

I want nothing to do with a dead religion that cannot get a person to eternal life. The ONLY part of the Law that carries over is the part that transcends the Law (the moral code). The law simply codified it, nothing more.
4/13/18 10:02 am

Post Re: Here's the verse Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Shalom

Sorry, Isa58:12, I did not receive any training or theological direction on this verse. It's just plain common sense.

I HAVE TO TYPE BIG, IM DOING THIS FROM MY PHONE TO COVER UR POINTS. If it's common sense then it would talk about the Sabbath, it does not, sooooo how do you know what speaking of the Sabbath? And Aaron, why don't you address some of the scriptures I put out about the Sabbath, you're clearly ignoring them

BY THE WAY, you have steadfastly refused to tell me why you will not spell out "God." Is it part of the Law or is it, as I suspect, that you are trying to out Jew the Jews?

SURE, I'VE ALREADY SAID IT ONCE HERE, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. When I first came to know the L-rd and was studying the Bible, I heard a preacher speak on this, not to profane the Name and I've done it ever since. Not trying to out the Jews, but if it opens up a door to make them jealous amein 😇 Rom 11:11

Over and over, you have to IGNORE the plain statements of the New Testament in order to hold to a dead religion?

DEAD RELIGION? AARON, YOU'RE IN THIS FAMILY, THE CREATOR/G-D SAID KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS THEIR LIFE AND THEIR DEATH Dt 30:19-20. So who's in a dead religion?

Why do you suppose that Gentiles need not be circumcised, need not observe Jewish dietary laws, etc., but apparently MUST observe everything else?

I WILL TELL YOU SOMETHING INTERESTING IN EZEK 44:9; Thus says the Lord God, no "stranger", uncircumcised and "heart", nor uncircumcised In the "flesh" shall enter into My Sanctuary/Temple, of any stranger/gentile that is among the children of Y'srael. That speaking of the earthly Temple, & I believe it applies to the Temple that's coming. The Hebrew word for stranger is not ger/proselyte, it is nacar which is the true foreigner stranger that dwells among Y'srael, but has no desire to keep G-d's Ways..... & G-d says their not getting in

Your logic is broken. At some point, you have to admit to yourself that you are a Judaizer.

AARON, WHEN HAVE I SAID YOU HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED TO BE SAVED? WHEN HAVE I TOLD YOU YOU HAD TO DO ANYTHING THAT THE BIBLE DIDN'T SAY AS G-D'S PEOPLE. That's a ridiculous statement, & my logic is broken? My logic goes through all text in the Bible with no breakage or contradictions 😉

When Paul confronted Peter, it was clear that Peter wasn't doing the law as the Jews would have preferred. In fact, if the Jews had had their way, Jesus would have been declared insane and a fool. With wicked hands they crucified Him (Peter pins the blame on the Jews, even though the Romans carried out the act).

WHICH JEWS ARE YOU REFERRING TO, THE NORMAL JEWS, OR THE "RELIGIOUS" JEWS

I want nothing to do with a dead religion that cannot get a person to eternal life. The ONLY part of the Law that carries over is the part that transcends the Law (the moral code). The law simply codified it, nothing more.

WHICH ONES ARE DECLARED MORAL? Here's something Aaron, stick to the thread, talk about one of the scriptures I put up there let's take it apart piece by piece 😇
4/13/18 8:11 pm

Just an interesting thing to bring up as I read the Book of Acts. Did anyone know that the Sabbath was observed 85 times in the Book of Acts? 😇. Also when the disciples game to Thessalonica, it was a synagogue with "Jews" *and* gentiles" and the disciples taught there every **Sabbath** Acts 17. Also when we read the Book of Acts we run across the "1st" day of the week & we see the Sabbath day. That's the same Way from the beginning in Gen, how G-d called the days. Day 1, day 2, day 3..….. ShabBAT 😇😀. The only day He named 😀

Any thoughts?
4/15/18 10:02 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Just an interesting thing to bring up as I read the Book of Acts. Did anyone know that the Sabbath was observed 85 times in the Book of Acts? 😇. Also when the disciples game to Thessalonica, it was a synagogue with "Jews" *and* gentiles" and the disciples taught there every **Sabbath** Acts 17. Also when we read the Book of Acts we run across the "1st" day of the week & we see the Sabbath day. That's the same Way from the beginning in Gen, how G-d called the days. Day 1, day 2, day 3..….. ShabBAT 😇😀. The only day He named 😀

Any thoughts?

Of course. Paul was preaching to the Jews in the synagogue on the Sabbath - in an attempt to convert them to Christianity.

However, in Acts 20:7 the Christians met on the first day of the week. "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them"

The Old Testament Jews met on Saturday.

The Christians met on the first day of the week.

Very simple. Very obvious.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 12:34 am

Pastor Nations wrote:

Any thoughts?

Of course. Paul was preaching to the Jews in the synagogue on the Sabbath - in an attempt to convert them to Christianity.

However, in Acts 20:7 the Christians met on the first day of the week. "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them"

The Old Testament Jews met on Saturday.

The Christians met on the first day of the week.

Very simple. Very obvious.

Shalom, Ok, Acts 20:7.... Pastor Nations, let's look at Acts 20 verse 7 with one of the scriptures I put up about the Sabbath. Let's go with Exodus 31:15-16 being that the Sabbath day is an Everlasting Covenant to His people.

So now we have a problem, there is no Commandment to Worship on the first day of the week, and there is no Commandment saying the Sabbath is over, & you have Christians (Christ-Like) coming together on another day outside of what the L-rd has said, & you're separated religions Jews & Christianity 🤔..... So now either G-d/Y'shua is wrong, or Paul is wrong, or our thinking and the way we have been taught is wrong 🤔

Let's do a word study on the word 'week' in Greek. In the Strong's it's # is 4521 sabbaton (i.e. Sabbath). Now let's read the verse; & upon the first of the Sabbath when the disciples came together to break bread...... I didn't put the word day there because the word day has been inserted

So Acts 20:7 it's not so obvious 😏.

More in Acts 18:5-8, the ruler of the synagogue believed on the L-rd with all his house and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized to. And they were Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath day in that same synagogue, & this was like what 22 years after Messiahs death and Resurrection😇

Now Pastor Nations, that's a big tall name 😏😀, what do we do with the scriptures I stated in the top of the thread, nobody is touching them. Because they are..., what were the words you use 🤔, oh yes, very simple, very obvious 😇😇

And you talk and seem like someone I know.....
4/16/18 7:43 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic