Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My top Ten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Isa 58:12
Pastor Nations wrote:
Isa 58:12 wrote:
I'm the L-rd *your* G-d

Not:L-rd - there is nothing special about misspelling God in order to sound Jewish

Hebrew: ‏יהוה‎
Transliteration: YHWH
English: LORD

The Old Testament uses all caps when translating YHWH

And, btw, the English alphabet has vowels.

Thanks for the English lesson pastor, you're very helpful 😶, now tell me what we do with that verse, how can you justify and splitting that verse?
4/30/18 7:57 am

Post Pastor Nations
I'm the L-rd *your* G-d

Not:L-rd - there is nothing special about misspelling God in order to sound Jewish

Thanks for the English lesson pastor, you're very helpful 😶

You are welcome

now tell me what we do with that verse, how can you justify and splitting that verse?

I read that verse, along with the rest of the Bible, and then rightly divide the Word.
Acts Enthusiast
4/30/18 10:36 am

Pastor Nations wrote:
I'm the L-rd *your* G-d

Thanks for the English lesson pastor, you're very helpful 😶

You are welcome

Again, your tremendous help......lol

now tell me what we do with that verse, how can you justify and splitting that verse?

I read that verse, along with the rest of the Bible, and then rightly divide the Word.

If that was true Pastor, you see the Bible completely different from the way you've been taught. And, so, rightly divide this word how do you justify splitting the verse? How do you honor your father and your mother? & not keep the Sabbath? 🤔
4/30/18 1:34 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Lev 19:1-3, now tell me what we do with that verse, how can you justify and splitting that verse?

If that was true Pastor, you see the Bible completely different from the way you've been taught. And, so, rightly divide this word how do you justify splitting the verse? How do you honor your father and your mother? & not keep the Sabbath? 🤔

I am not splitting the verse - I am reading it in the light of the New Testament:

Acts
The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

Romans
The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)
If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)
The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)
The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)
Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)
Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)
The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)
The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)
The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)
The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

1 Corinthians
The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)

2 Corinthians
The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)
The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)
The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)
The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)
Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

Galatians
The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16)
Christians are dead to the law. (Galatians 2:19)
The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)
To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”. (Galatians 3:1)
The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)
The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)
The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)
The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)
If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)
The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)
The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Ephesians
Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

Philippians
Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-8)

1 Timothy
The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:8) (see next verse for the context)
It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

Hebrews
The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)
God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8)
It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)
It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)
Acts Enthusiast
4/30/18 2:39 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Touchdown Pastor Nations. \o/ Sunshine

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/30/18 4:54 pm

Post And yet, the Law remains Mark Ledbetter
the inspired word of God and "profitable for for teaching, reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

And as part of the "sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ" 2 Timothy 3:15), it is to be accurately handled as the "word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

Anyone who reads Paul closely and in context will see that the Apostle repeatedly either quoted from the Law or alluded to a principle embedded in the spirit of the Law.

The zeal to repudiate a legitimate use for the Law so many times fail to realize the richness of God's Grace that is and can be found in the Law.

Are we under the tyranny of the Law as suggested by Pastor's post? Absolutely not.

But we are free to enjoy the great lessons of life it espouses and is validated by Jesus Himself, and, as suggested, found embedded in Paul's writings.

I understand why you posted what you posted and agree your points are valid, but when I see them I just want to bring a balanced view by pointing out the Law is still God's inspired Word and has value in proper context.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
4/30/18 5:29 pm

Post Re: And yet, the Law remains Isa 58:12
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
the inspired word of God and "profitable for for teaching, reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

And as part of the "sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ" 2 Timothy 3:15), it is to be accurately handled as the "word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

Anyone who reads Paul closely and in context will see that the Apostle repeatedly either quoted from the Law or alluded to a principle embedded in the spirit of the Law.

The zeal to repudiate a legitimate use for the Law so many times fail to realize the richness of God's Grace that is and can be found in the Law.

Are we under the tyranny of the Law as suggested by Pastor's post? Absolutely not.

But we are free to enjoy the great lessons of life it espouses and is validated by Jesus Himself, and, as suggested, found embedded in Paul's writings.

I understand why you posted what you posted and agree your points are valid, but when I see them I just want to bring a balanced view by pointing out the Law is still God's inspired Word and has value in proper context.

👍
4/30/18 9:50 pm

Settle down sheepdog, false start...... Let's see Pastor,
Mr Ledbetter is 100% correct in his assertion of the Law,
but your use of those Scriptures to "try" to make ur point is incorrect watch
Pastor Nations wrote:
Lev 19:1-3, now tell me what we do with that verse, how can you justify and splitting that verse?

IF YOU DID PASTOR YOU WOULD NOT COME OUT WITH THE OUTCOME YOU COME OUT WITH. Those N.T. Scriptures u used is not rightly dividing the Word, watch

I am not splitting the verse - I am reading it in the light of the New Testament:

LETS SEE MY FRIEND, & LETS RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD TOGETHER 😇

Acts
The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)🤔... THIS IS HERE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE, of u reading into the verse. This is not the yoke of G-ds Torah that's unbearable, this was man's adding to it that was unbearable. Acts 15:1,5,24; for as much as we have heard, that "certain"(vs1) which went out from us have **troubled** you with words, **subverting your souls**, saying; **You must be circumcised and keep the Law**(vs 1 to be saved) to whom we gave no such Commandment. Neither does the Torah

Romans
The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)
🤔... THE LAW IS NOT FOR JUSTIFICATION, & you left an important point out of the verse, for **by** the Law is the **knowledge** of sin. Read Prov ch 1-4 on the importance Knowledge in G-d's Torah

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14). READ THAT VERSE WITH ROM 3:31; do we then make void the Law through faith? G-D FORBID, yea, we ESTABLISH the Law.... 3:27; where is boasting then? It is excluded, by what law? Of Works? No, but by the Law of faith.... it takes faith to trust G-d & keep His Commandments.

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)🤔...NO, THAT VERSE IS NOT SAYING YOU'RE TALKING POINTS, Heb 4:2; For unto us was the Gospel (repentance) preached, as well as unto them, but the Word preached did not profit them, **not** being mixed with faith and them that heard it (instead of by works alone)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)🤔 NO, THE PURPOSE OF THE LAW, REVEALS SIN (Rom 7:7) AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF IT (Rom 3:20) & it brings Life or death, Blessings & cursings, therefore choose Life Dt 30:19-20.
Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)🤔... really? WHAT THEN? SHALL WE SIN, (1 John 3:4) BECAUSE WE'RE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE? G-D FORBID

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6) OF SIN & DEATH ROM 8:2,

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12). THAT'S NOT TRUE, THEN G-DS A LIAR, WE HAVE TO WALK IT OUT BY KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS, that was the Bible Lesson last Sabbath Lev ch 19-20. Be ye Holy as I Am Holy.... That's a Command in the New and Old Testament,
& does make u Holy, but it's not a glowing Holy, it's the Hebrew word kadosh / set apart, when we keep G-d's Commandments were set apart from the world because they're not doing it either 😉

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10). RIGHT PASTOR, you keep breaking the Law death comes....😱
The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13) 🙄 THE LAW DOESN'T MAKE YOU SINFUL, OUR CHOICES MAKE A SINFUL. Don't forget Pastor, it was our Creator and Savior who wrote the Law, Instructions for His people, who are set apart from the world
The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)😶, IM SORRY, BUT AGAIN INCORRECT......it is weak through the FLESH, the flesh/ carnal mind doesn't want to keep it. The mind is enmity against G-d for it is not subject to the Law of G-d neither indeed can be... Because it's carnal. But to be spiritually minded is Life and **Peace**. Ps 119:160; Great **Peace** to "those" which Love thy Law, and nothing shall offend them. Just that scripture alone goes against all your talking points of New Testament verses 😏

1 Corinthians
The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)😒... LET'S BACK THAT UP A COUPLE SCRIPTURES PASTOR, talking about death is swallowed up in Victory (Rom 8:2) 55; oh death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your Victory? The Sting of death is sin....NOT TORAH, but thanks be to God which gives us the victory through our L-rd Y'shua HaMashiach who died to save us from our lawlessness... Y'shua died for our lawlessness, & do u think He is Glorified in lawlessness? See how that doesn't work

2 Corinthians
The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7) 😇 we do & keep G-d's Torah from our hearts with G-ds help in Ezek 11:19-20, 18:31-32, 36:26; a new heart also will I give you, and a new Spirit when I put within you, and I will take away the Stony heart out of your flesh(Rom 8:2-3), and I will give you a heart of Flesh, 27 and I will put **My Spirit** within you and **cause you** to **walk** in My Statutes and "you shall" **keep** My Judgments and DO THEM, 28 and "you shall" dwell in the land that I gave to your forefathers and you shall be My people, and I'll be your G-d

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)
The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)🤔. Sure, I AGREE, MESSIAH Y'SHUA THE LIVING TORAH is much better, built on better promises Heb 8:6, not better Laws 😒😏

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)
Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)... NO, THEN ACTS 15:21IS WRONG... The gentiles went to hear Moshe/Torah Torah every Sabbath day... You do know that the Creator of Heaven and Earth wrote the Law right???? Ex 31:18....
Galatians
The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16) 😶 NOT THE LAWS PURPOSE
Christians are dead to the law. (Galatians 2:19)😱YES, DEAD TO THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH, NOT PS 119, WRITE PASTOR? 😏😀
The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21) YES, IF YOU'RE TRYING TO KEEP THE LAW OUTSIDE OF Y'SHUA, THERE IS NO GRACE, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”. (Galatians 3:1) AGAIN, I AGREE, WHO WANTS TO GO BACK TO SIN AND DEATH?
The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10) 😒 THEN WHY DID GOD GIVE IT TO HIS PEOPLE???? NONE OF US IS GOING TO GET IT RIGHT, ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS ARE AS FILTHY RAGS... Does it mean to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. Do you even know what's in the Law Pastor?

The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)
The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)
YES, HE REDEEM US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW....OF SIN & DEATH

The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)😶 MESSIAH HAD THE SAME MESSAGE AS JOHN THE BAPTIST, **REPENT** FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND Matt 4:17

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21) THE PURPOSE OF THE LAW IS TO KNOW WHAT SIN IS & TURN FROM IT, NOT FOR SALVATION
The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)
The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Ephesians
Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)U THINK THIS IS THE CREATOR'S LAWS THAT HE WROTE, A WALL of HOSTILITY? I'm sorry Pastor, that verse coincides with Colossians chapter 2, man-made ordinances, laws

Philippians
Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-8) 🤔, Y'shua never said something like that. & Ur outlook here on this verse contradicts Psalms 119 all of it.... Don't forget we're Paul came from, learned that law

1 Timothy
The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:8) (see next verse for the context)
It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

BECAUSE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ALREADY WALKING IN THE COMMANDMENTSTORAH/LAWS OF G-D, THE UNRIGHTEOUS ARE NOT. It is for them to see that they need a Saviour. And I thought you said Christians are not under the law, why is 1st Timothy speaking of it right here, did he not get the memo?

Hebrews
The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)
God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8) YES BETTER PROMISES, NOT BETTER LAWS

It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13) YES THE SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM IN THE HIGH PRIESTLY LAWS we're ready to vanish away....
It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 5/1/18 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/1/18 12:05 am

Oh man, that was way too long LOL
5/1/18 12:06 am

Post Pastor Nations
sheepdogandy wrote:

Th-nks
Those N.T. Scriptures u used is not rightly dividing the Word

You are wrong.

I'm done here, bye.
Acts Enthusiast
5/1/18 12:40 am

Pastor Nations wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Th-nks
Those N.T. Scriptures u used is not rightly dividing the Word

You are wrong.

I'm done here, bye.

Well, don't be done Pastor,let's finish this out
5/1/18 6:28 am

Post sheepdogandy
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Thanks for making it. Cool

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/1/18 9:24 am

Post Pastor Nations
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Yes, "It is finished" John 19:30
Acts Enthusiast
5/1/18 4:18 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Well, not really pastor, you do realize you did not touch on any of the verses I have in the front, right? But if you feel you can 100% rightly divide the Word of G-d only the New Testament, you might be in for a real disappointment. Because rightly dividing the Word, is rightly dividing all of it as One

Shalom
5/2/18 1:33 pm

Post Pastor Nations
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Pastor Nations wrote:

Well, not really pastor, .....

Isa's response says it all. End of discussion.
Acts Enthusiast
5/5/18 2:54 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Pastor Nations wrote:

Actually my friend, as you didn't quote my total response, you just edited me, as you edit G-d & His Word 😱
5/5/18 5:20 pm

Post Pastor Nations
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Pastor Nations wrote:

Pastor Nations wrote:

Actually my friend, as you didn't quote my total response, you just edited me, as you edit G-d & His Word 😱

Pastor Nations wrote:
You are correct that I edited some of your your post:

You actual response was:

"Well, not really pastor, you do realize you did not touch on any of the verses I have in the front, right? But if you feel you can 100% rightly divide the Word of G-d only the New Testament, you might be in for a real disappointment. Because rightly dividing the Word, is rightly dividing all of it as One

Shalom"

I actually did you a favor - I didn't copy all the nonsense that you typed.
Acts Enthusiast
5/5/18 6:03 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
"It is finished"

That's the point.

Pastor Nations wrote:

Pastor Nations wrote:

Pastor Nations wrote:
You are correct that I edited some of your your post:

You actual response was:

"Well, not really pastor, you do realize you did not touch on any of the verses I have in the front, right? But if you feel you can 100% rightly divide the Word of G-d only the New Testament, you might be in for a real disappointment. Because rightly dividing the Word, is rightly dividing all of it as One

Shalom"

Lol, lol, umm, thank you....,. Are u ready to tackle my top 10 Scriptures dealing with the Sabbath now 😀
5/5/18 6:12 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Pastor Nations wrote:
Lol, lol, umm, thank you....,.

You are welcome. I can help you with spelling, also. God, Israel, Moses

Are u ready to tackle my top 10 Scriptures dealing with the Sabbath now 😀

Not today.

Today is Saturday and I like to mow the lawn and wash my car on Saturday.

Then I take a good nap after church on my day of rest, which is Sunday.
Acts Enthusiast
5/5/18 7:54 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:
Pastor Nations wrote:
Lol, lol, umm, thank you....,.

You are welcome. I can help you with spelling, also. God, Israel, Moses

Are u ready to tackle my top 10 Scriptures dealing with the Sabbath now 😀

Not today.

Today is Saturday and I like to mow the lawn and wash my car on Saturday.

Then I take a good nap after church on my day of rest, which is Sunday.

🤔......, I don't remember anywhere in the Bible where it speaks if Pastor Nations having his "own" day off 😐. Why do u take a nap after church, is ur sermon that boring 😉😇
5/5/18 9:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic