Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post skinnybishop
I want to ask you a direct question.

You implied that Christianity is a no limits, no restrictions, boundary free lifestyle, where we are free to act however we please, without consequence.

Do you feel that homosexual behavior is acceptable, on the basis of the Scripture you referenced?

Thanks.
4/9/18 4:33 pm

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post Tom Sterbens
skinnybishop wrote:

You implied that Christianity is a no limits, no restrictions, boundary free lifestyle, where we are free to act however we please, without consequence.

Do you feel that homosexual behavior is acceptable, on the basis of the Scripture you referenced?

Thanks.

What post are you referencing?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/9/18 9:07 pm

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post skinnybishop
Tom Sterbens wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

What post are you referencing?

"Heard about a counselor who helped someone out"
4/10/18 7:47 am

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post philunderwood
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

You paint a black and white question to an answer that is filled with the color of heaven. Can you recast it?

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/10/18 9:49 am

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post Nature Boy Florida
philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

You paint a black and white question to an answer that is filled with the color of heaven. Can you recast it?

Interpretation: I want you to ask again - so then I hope to parse a few words in the new question - go off on a tangent - and never answer the simple question asked - which was -

Quote:

4/10/18 9:56 am

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post SouthFloridaman
philunderwood wrote:

Color of heaven?
Friendly Face
4/10/18 10:00 am

philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

I'm not sure how to recast a question about point you seemed to be making.

For the 3rd time....please explain that Scripture's relevance to homosexuality. That was the subject of the thread you responded to.
4/10/18 10:54 am

philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

Can you just answer?
4/10/18 10:59 am

skinnybishop wrote:
philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

I'm not sure how to recast a question about point you made.

For the 3rd time....please explain that Scripture's relevance to homosexuality. That was the subject of the thread you responded to.

4/10/18 11:38 am

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post GreatONE
skinnybishop wrote:
philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

[/u]
Can you just answer?

Well, he's answered the question - he believes this sexual perversion is acceptable and ok with God - God have mercy on this soul

Romans 1: 24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, [u]and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
4/10/18 12:28 pm

skinnybishop wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

Well, he's answered the question - he believes this sexual perversion is acceptable and ok with God - God have mercy on this soul

Romans 1: 24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, [u]and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
4/10/18 12:31 pm

GreatONE wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
philunderwood wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

Thanks.

No intention to double post - but, now that I think about it, It NEEDS TO BE SHOUTED FROM THE ROOF TOPS - HOMOSEXUALITY IS A PERVERSION AND GOD WILL JUDGE THOSE WHO PRACTICE BUT ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PROMOTE AND ENCOURGE OTHERS!

4/10/18 12:36 pm

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post Old Time Country Preacher
SouthFloridaman wrote:
philunderwood wrote:

Color of heaven?

The Rainbow!!!
Acts-pert Poster
4/10/18 1:44 pm

Post Re: Phil Underwood about your "Lee U" post UncleJD
philunderwood wrote:

Wow, is this a parody? I'm really trying to hold back a belly laugh. If its not a parody then I'd really like to ask "who in your family "came out" so that you have to now justify their lifestyle choice? There's about a 2% chance that is not the case, but most of the time when I hear this kind of language, its from parents who have suddenly been "enlightened" on the "true" nature of God and how much he just loves gayness, because one of their children (or someone else close to them) came out and they can't imagine that THEIR kid could be in sin.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/10/18 3:28 pm

Post skinnybishop
Apparently, Mr. Underwood's thoughts were easy to post then, but difficult to explain now.

Its really not a tough question to answer. Was he implying that Colossians 2:20-23 justifies homosexual behavior?

If he feels like there are "gray areas", on the issue, that's fine. It would be easy for him to just answer, "Well brother, generally speaking, yes/no

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to answer, because he knows where the conversation is heading. Because if homosexuality is justified, based on our freedom in Christ, then......well....you know the rest.
4/11/18 7:35 am

Post philunderwood
I do not camp out here to answer your questions. This is the second time I have logged in since my original post in another thread. I just was able to catch up on the community's enlightenment regarding my theology, ascertained by my silence rather than my words.

Here's my deal.... I have three persons on my lead team/dream team that have lived a homosexual lifestyle. My message, if anything, is about identity not behavior. It would be difficult to put it all in a little green box but I will highlight....

1. I teach them about world identity and Kingdom identity.
2. I go back to before the foundation of the world and talk about what might have been in the mind of God about their unique contribution to God's eternal mission. I invite them to dream of perfection/wholeness.
3. We continually talk about this, living into your Kingdom identity and not the world's identity.
4. We talk about using Kingdom language when describing God's vision of their life and purpose.
5. Yes, I say, as Paul, all things are lawful but not all is profitable. We talk about what this means in terms of fulfilling God's call.
6. We talk about love for God compels us to make choices that are in line with His will and desire for us eternally not just temporally. We are not giving behavorial guidelines that, as Paul says to the Colossians, are of no use against the sinful nature.
7. We have intentional, ongoing dialogue, about the vision for the their life that God has given them and what the Holy Spirit is leading them to be.
8. One of these three sat in my home on Monday afternoon and talked about how amazed they were at the freedom their soul had. How that their own mother had badgered her about not being who she 'really was' and how she had been able to share her Kingdom identity paradigm that does NOT include a vision of humanity that is not supported by God's design. This young lady has gone for more than 20 months without same sex interaction.
9. Another one told me, week before last, that he is seeing females as attractive now and, while that is not gone for men, it is a new day in his life and it has been over two years since any sexual contact with a man.
10. The amazing thing is that I have NEVER told them they couldn't do anything. I have never shamed. I have never used leverage against them and I have afforded them opportunity based on God's desire for their life. The third is now one-year celibate and we have a lunch this week to continue the journey.

So, no we do not reject based on behavior. We invite based on design and the desire of the Father. I father these young adults (ages 24, 30 and 27) and include them in my life away from church. So, there, somebody get the stake and somebody get the fire, you have enough evidence to convict me of whatever it is you desire. Nothing is hidden.

Selah.

P.S. And this is not just about sexuality. I have three ex-cons, one meth dealer and a certified psychotic that is going through similar transformation. We just installed one of the ex-cons as the pastor of our second campus. All is well. I have a cookout tonight with five guys, two of which just got out of rehab and jail in the last two weeks. The process begins again.

I heard a statement, 25 years ago, that has stuck in my soul like tattoo to skin... The Greatest Deterrent to Sin (Falling short of God's glory) is Vision. I believe that. I am NOT going to dwell on the negative, ever. I am going to paint the God vision and see what happens. The parable of the sower tells me I will not always be successful but this is better than preaching against stuff.

Discover More...

A Mission in Formation
4/11/18 8:30 am

Post skinnybishop
philunderwood wrote:
I do not camp out here to answer your questions. This is the second time I have logged in since my original post in another thread. I just was able to catch up on the community's enlightenment regarding my theology, ascertained by my silence rather than my words.

Here's my deal.... I have three persons on my lead team/dream team that have lived a homosexual lifestyle. My message, if anything, is about identity not behavior. It would be difficult to put it all in a little green box but I will highlight....

1. I teach them about world identity and Kingdom identity.
2. I go back to before the foundation of the world and talk about what might have been in the mind of God about their unique contribution to God's eternal mission. I invite them to dream of perfection/wholeness.
3. We continually talk about this, living into your Kingdom identity and not the world's identity.
4. We talk about using Kingdom language when describing God's vision of their life and purpose.
5. Yes, I say, as Paul, all things are lawful but not all is profitable. We talk about what this means in terms of fulfilling God's call.
6. We talk about love for God compels us to make choices that are in line with His will and desire for us eternally not just temporally. We are not giving behavorial guidelines that, as Paul says to the Colossians, are of no use against the sinful nature.
7. We have intentional, ongoing dialogue, about the vision for the their life that God has given them and what the Holy Spirit is leading them to be.
8. One of these three sat in my home on Monday afternoon and talked about how amazed they were at the freedom their soul had. How that their own mother had badgered her about not being who she 'really was' and how she had been able to share her Kingdom identity paradigm that does NOT include a vision of humanity that is not supported by God's design. This young lady has gone for more than 20 months without same sex interaction.
9. Another one told me, week before last, that he is seeing females as attractive now and, while that is not gone for men, it is a new day in his life and it has been over two years since any sexual contact with a man.
10. The amazing thing is that I have NEVER told them they couldn't do anything. I have never shamed. I have never used leverage against them and I have afforded them opportunity based on God's desire for their life. The third is now one-year celibate and we have a lunch this week to continue the journey.

So, no we do not reject based on behavior. We invite based on design and the desire of the Father. I father these young adults (ages 24, 30 and 27) and include them in my life away from church. So, there, somebody get the stake and somebody get the fire, you have enough evidence to convict me of whatever it is you desire. Nothing is hidden.

Selah.

P.S. And this is not just about sexuality. I have three ex-cons, one meth dealer and a certified psychotic that is going through similar transformation. We just installed one of the ex-cons as the pastor of our second campus. All is well. I have a cookout tonight with five guys, two of which just got out of rehab and jail in the last two weeks. The process begins again.

I heard a statement, 25 years ago, that has stuck in my soul like tattoo to skin... The Greatest Deterrent to Sin (Falling short of God's glory) is Vision. I believe that. I am NOT going to dwell on the negative, ever. I am going to paint the God vision and see what happens. The parable of the sower tells me I will not always be successful but this is better than preaching against stuff.

That is about what I expected. But I wanted to hear it from you, rather than assume what you meant. Thank you.
4/11/18 10:08 am

Post philunderwood
Quote:
That is about what I expected. But I wanted to hear it from you, rather than assume what you meant. Thank you.

Eddie,

Well, glad that I fulfilled expectations. Deliverance from the world system is our aim and we are energized by the batting average that indicates freedom, change and anointing for service.

How would your three bottom line expectations for yourself and your ministry differ?[/quote]

Discover More...

A Mission in Formation
4/11/18 10:36 am

Post skinnybishop
philunderwood wrote:
Quote:

Eddie,

Well, glad that I fulfilled expectations. Deliverance from the world system is our aim and we are energized by the batting average that indicates freedom, change and anointing for service.

How would your three bottom line expectations for yourself and your ministry differ?
[/quote]

Based solely on the terms "freedom", "change" and, "anointing for service"? My expectations are pretty much the same. No one would argue any of those things.
4/11/18 10:52 am

Post philunderwood
skinnybishop wrote:
philunderwood wrote:
Quote:

Eddie,

How would your three bottom line expectations for yourself and your ministry differ?

Quote:
Based solely on the terms "freedom", "change" and, "anointing for service"? My expectations are pretty much the same. No one would argue any of those things.

Great, we are on same page. How do you lead this? Give us a story or two, as I was able to, of the end result being freedom, change and anointing for service. Thank you for the affirmation.

Discover More...

A Mission in Formation
4/11/18 11:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic