Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What is the job description of a state youth director in the CoG?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What is the job description of a state youth director in the CoG? Quiet Wyatt
Can you share what all is involved in the job?

Thanks!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/18 12:28 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
By the way, I am not interested in that job for myself. 🤓

I am only wanting to know what the job of a YD usually includes.

Thanks!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/18 9:46 am

Post Exact Video Description of Job Description for State YD (L) famousflavius
Here is a video of the job description. The list of duties start at 57 sec.
https://youtu.be/BBik2tgx8TI
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
4/9/18 12:03 pm

Post Re: Exact Video Description of Job Description for State YD (L) Quiet Wyatt
famousflavius wrote:

😜
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/18 12:06 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
I just want to say that Virginia recently got a new Youth Director. He's the first YD I've ever seen actually visit youth groups on a Wednesday night youth service. He's doing a lot of traveling on Sundays as well...

It's a lot, and I wouldn't expect that much travel regularly, but it was really cool for him to do that.
4/9/18 1:59 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
The YD here in Calif. is the pastor at the Poterville CoG
Pulling double duty.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/9/18 8:53 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Pulling double duty.

Do you think it is too much to do justice to both jobs? Why or why not? I honestly have no idea, and that’s one reason I’m asking what is the YD’s job description.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/18 1:50 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Pulling double duty.

Do you think it is too much to do justice to both jobs? Why or why not? I honestly have no idea, and that’s one reason I’m asking what is the YD’s job description.

It's what happens in the smaller states. When we were in WI, it was a mission state, and the YD was a pastor also.

The job description should be in the minutes.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/18 6:02 am

Post cogcia
Job should be to train and encourage youth leaders.
Promote and manage youth camp
Promote YWEA
Support Winterfest

Most are a errand boy for the AB and to cover for the AB so no one knows they are not in the state. JK
Many youth directors are more interested in becoming AB’s than they are ministering to the youth. Just another stepping stone in the COG structure. The best youth directors I’ve seen over the years usually get crused by the System. You either play the political games or loss your job.

Many states can no longer afford the large salary package of a youth director and an AB. Smaller states are counting more on the youth board because the youth director is also a pastor or youth pastor pulling double duty. We have not noticed any negative effects from going to a part time YD. Most youth boards are better connected to the youth leaders and teens anyway. Just like AB’s most YD’s come and go so fast the real work is done by the local leaders.
Friendly Face
4/10/18 7:54 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have heard from several YDs that it’s too hard to really do justice to both jobs concurrently. I honestly have no idea if that is the case. My impression is that it is not too difficult to do both, but again, I have never myself done both. I have however been a bivo pastor most all of my 27 years of ministry. Whether or not my success or lack thereof has been due to my bivo status or instead due to the apparently impossible task of attempting to revitalize churches that are 80 or 90 years old, I suppose that would be a difficult call. I do hear that when our YD has been attached to a specific church in the state, that particular church has been generally unhappy with having to get a new pastor every two or four years, once their YD pastor gets appointed to a bigger state. My thought is, if the YD in smaller states were appointed or elected from within the pastors in the state, that might tend towards more stability, so long as that pastor is not also then soon appointed to a bigger state YD position. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/18 9:21 am

Post Re: Exact Video Description of Job Description for State YD (L) SouthFloridaman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

😜
too funny👍🏻 Looks like a youth camp canteen.
Friendly Face
4/10/18 9:58 am

Post Bishop and State? Bowtat
I have always assumed the job of YD is based on what the Bishop and the state ask of the position. I have a difficult time thinking that the YD of a mission state and a large state do the same thing. Surly a larger state would not expect the same personal service of a smaller state? A smaller state could not expect the over arching development of a larger state with a full time YD? I know that personalities and style of each YD can also make a different; I have always assumed that it was a benefit to our state that each YD seemed to focus on different areas allowing for growth to happen across the state youth department. Friendly Face
4/11/18 8:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic