Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

DON'T do it!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post DON'T do it! doyle
As I read through a discussion thread, a poster shared that he felt his voice was not being heard in the COG. Another poster advised him to contact me and I will advocate for you.

Do not do it! If you have a complaint about a COG policy or lack thereof, DO NOT give anyone your identity. The poster who asked you to contact him, may be the nicest person in the world, dedicated, honest, prayer-warrior. However, you don't know that.
My advice is to use your real name (if you want to) to share about events in the COG, Camp Meeting, ministry, church growth etc. However, if you share things you feel are unfair, unjust or just flat wrong, use your pen name only. Somebody championed the policy with which you may disagree. They most likely will not appreciate someone disagreeing with it or or criticizing. Don't back away, but be cautious.

Remember, it was tithe-paying, praying, preaching, Messiah-longing religious folks that worked to crucify Jesus. He went "everywhere doing good," but he said truthful things with which they disagreed.

Listen, God did not put us here to be secret or silent, but be wise. "Know them that labor among you" before sharing your heart with them.

Somewhere on earth, there are probably a few places where one can share his or her heart completely and openly while expecting a respectful and interested response. Thank God for such places. Until you know for sure, be cautious.

Sad? Yes. Tragic? Yes. Should it be different among Brothers and Sisters? Absolutely, but know your audience before speaking.

This is no slam on the COG. Every religious and secular organization has people in them who are easily offended and vindictive. As far as I know, not one angel is a member or minister of the COG. Of course, OTCP comes close to it but...

Is this a call to be fearful? No. However, every large church has some "small" people in it who have not grown up enough to hear a different opinion without wanting to harm the one with whom they disagree. There is a price to pay for being outspoken. Jesus can verify that. It was a price he was willing to pay.

Don't be fearful, but as Scripture says, "Before he starts a journey, a wise man counts the cost." Pen names are intentionally allowed here for one purpose...so ministers and members can share their heart without fear of retribution.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

3/22/18 2:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic