Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Council of Eighteen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Council of Eighteen cogcia
To be elected you have to come from a large state where you are well known. That is understandable. How does a Indiana, GLR, Missouri, Kansas, New Mexico, Illinois, Minnesota etc ever get heard. AB’s will only talk about how great everything is going in their state publicly, but pastors know the truth. Pastors We deal with the issues even after the ABs have moved on. Many pastors are afraid the be vocal because their job and ministry will be in jeopardy. Honestly I use a pin name because I’ve been threatened and told to Be quite if I wanted to make it to retirement. We will never be represented on the Council of 18. We are never heard. Our AB vote has no value. A low vote means we keep them. A good vote means we lose them. How do the smaller states ever get a voice? Friendly Face
3/15/18 9:42 pm

Post oldschooler
Because of what you mentioned, I’m not sure why you would ever want to be on the council of 18. Believe me, it takes a great deal of rubbing shoulders and politicking to get on that council... especially west of Texas. Friendly Face
3/15/18 11:06 pm

Post cogcia
oldschooler wrote:
Because of what you mentioned, I’m not sure why you would ever want to be on the council of 18. Believe me, it takes a great deal of rubbing shoulders and politicking to get on that council... especially west of Texas.

Not even interested. I do wish someone could give voice to our needs.
Friendly Face
3/15/18 11:10 pm

Post Re: Council of Eighteen SouthFloridaman
cogcia wrote:
To be elected you have to come from a large state where you are well known. That is understandable. How does a Indiana, GLR, Missouri, Kansas, New Mexico, Illinois, Minnesota etc ever get heard. AB’s will only talk about how great everything is going in their state publicly, but pastors know the truth. Pastors We deal with the issues even after the ABs have moved on. Many pastors are afraid the be vocal because their job and ministry will be in jeopardy. Honestly I use a pin name because I’ve been threatened and told to Be quite if I wanted to make it to retirement. We will never be represented on the Council of 18. We are never heard. Our AB vote has no value. A low vote means we keep them. A good vote means we lose them. How do the smaller states ever get a voice?

The organization is too far gone.
Friendly Face
3/16/18 1:06 am

Post ... wayne

Last edited by wayne on 3/23/18 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
3/16/18 7:14 am

Post wayne

Acts Enthusiast
3/16/18 7:17 am

Post wayne

Acts Enthusiast
3/16/18 7:19 am

Post wayne

Last edited by wayne on 3/23/18 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
3/16/18 7:21 am

Post SouthFloridaman
Book deal with pathway press or some other company is the only way I can think you can get the notoriety to be voted on. One of the main ways Bryan Cutshall got to denominational power was his book deals. Why do you think general and assistant generals all try to pump out books. It is so when pathway run that full page resource ad in the evangel the book is featured with a face and name of the author.

Reality check, even if you do make it to the council you are still checkmated by the inbalance of officials to pastors. The power dynamics is slant towards the system of the church of God. I question the power structure how is an state overseer or local church pastor both serving on the council of 18 going to raise a voice if something happens. They can’t the state overseer is checkmated by the general and assistant general. Meaning if they go against them they get no appointment. The local church pastor is checkmated by the state overseer. Meaning if the local pastor speaks out a hit can come from the top of the organization to take out the local pastor if the state overseer does not comply with the hit that state official receives no appointment. The cog doctrine is great it is the polity that is broken. The church of God’s polity functions as a cult of government. I wish our government was as good as the doctrine we have.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/29/18 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
3/16/18 7:37 am

Post sheepdogandy
Centralized government, boy you gotta................. never mind. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/16/18 9:29 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
sheepdogandy wrote:

Works the same in your church Andy, just on a smaller scale.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 9:54 am

Post sheepdogandy
No Doc, it doesn't.

We have checks, balances and accountability, our members have RIGHTS!

I know this is foreign to "Cleveland" thinking but it has served us in good stead.

Since 1989.

New Testament government, Tomlinson searched for it, we have found it. Very Happy

www.spwc.church
3/16/18 11:18 am

sheepdogandy wrote:
No Doc, it doesn't.

We have checks, balances and accountability, our members have RIGHTS!

I know this is foreign to "Cleveland" thinking but it has served us in good stead.

Since 1989.

New Testament government, Tomlinson searched for it, we have found it. Very Happy

Unless the entire church votes evertime ya buy a light bulb they is some kinda centralization of authority.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 11:21 am

sheepdogandy wrote:
No Doc, it doesn't.

Ooops just seen this, Andy. Please, don't ever call me Doc or Dr., this is reserved fer fellers whats earned a legitimately accredited docterate. The ole Pikevillian is just a ole time country preacher.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 11:23 am

Post SouthFloridaman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Not true OTCP... Andy doesn’t have a gun to boardmember’s lively hood if a board member doesn’t vote the way things should vote. Or to use your analogy a board member isn’t shot for turning on a light. If there is a disagreement at his church there is the door and you can respectfully disagree. in the church of God you lose your position, Everything you worked for, You have to chose between your character and feeding your family. Sometimes even following the law isn’t good enough for these scum suckers we have in office. System is broke.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/16/18 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/16/18 11:26 am

SouthFloridaman wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Not true OTCP... Andy doesn’t have a gun to boardmember’s lively hood if a board member doesn’t vote the way things should vote. Or to use your analogy a board member isn’t shot for turning on a light. If there is a disagreement at his church there is the door and you can respectfully disagree. in the church of God you lose your position, Everything you worked for, You have to chose between your character and feeding your family. Sometimes even following the law isn’t good enough for these scum suckers we have in office.

I been cog all ma life an I ain’t never experienced the above. I’ve disagreed many times and voted in the minority many times. I’ve never had nothin taken away from me for doin so. I know some have, but the unethical behavior of a few ain’t the entire group.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 11:38 am

Post Da Sheik
I literally spend no amount of time thinking about who sits on any given council. If the state or international offices ceased to exist today, there would be zero net impact on our local church. We would still be accountable to one another and support home and foreign missions. I have been saying for many years that it’s time to trim the fat and invert the pyramid. The problem is that those who have the power to do so have very little incentive to do so. Acts Enthusiast
3/16/18 12:22 pm

Da Sheik wrote:
invert the pyramid.

Sheik, I shoulda knowed you was Lamar Vest postin under a pen name. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 1:22 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Our bylaws give authority to officers and janitorial and maintenance folks for expenditures.

Why even I with all of my power can only spend so much before obtaining permission. Very Happy

www.spwc.church
3/16/18 1:22 pm

sheepdogandy wrote:
Our bylaws give authority to officers and janitorial and maintenance folks for expenditures.

Why even I with all of my power can only spend so much before obtaining permission. Very Happy

Exactly, so the process is to some degree centralized. You have the authority to spend a certain amount. No one in Cleveland has the authority or power to spend without limits.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/18 1:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic