Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Top Churches Attendance vs Tithe

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Top Churches Attendance vs Tithe MrSippi
I took the time to look up the top 5 churches in attendance in our larger states (some states don't post attendance) and compared their attendance to their tithes. It seems that Alabama and Tennessee have some churches with the biggest discrepancy between their reported attendance and reported tithe. I just found it interesting.

ALABAMA
Destination Church - Wayne Sheppard 1350 $ 31,240
The Healing Place - Randy Smith 1283 $104,725
Pathway-Mobile - Travis Johnson 1238 $ 60,173
Oak Park-Mobile - David Smith 704 $ 91,220
Cornerstone-Anniston - Michael Cox. 652 $ 48,359

NORTH GEORGIA
Mount Paran Central - David Cooper. 4500 $167,261
Stevens Creek - Marty Baker. 1770 $110,721
Cornerstone-Athens - Scott Sheppard 1454 $136,371
The Torch - Michael Franklin 1292 $104,710
Mount Paran North - Kirk Walters. 1284 $102,853

TENNESSEE
Maryville - RIO - Ronnie Hepperly 2957 $ 36,465
North Cleveland - Mark Williams 1637 $294,000
Park West - Gerald McGinnis 1146 $221,390
Westmore - Kelvin Page. 1134 $ 99,991
City Church - Shannon Chapman 1024 $ 97,362

FLORIDA
Citylife - Tampa - Tony Stewart. 2433 $150,561
Cooper City - Kevin Harris. 1510 $126,044
Life Point - Richard Whitter 801 $ 95,160
Crystal River - Ronnie Reed 650 $ 74,598
Plant City - Jeff Robinson 630 $ 68,584
Friendly Face
3/12/18 12:33 am

Post ... wayne
Big tithes does not equate money coming from the congregation. The monies can be coming from outside sources depending on who is pastoring the church. Acts Enthusiast
3/12/18 9:06 am

Post Cojak
May be some manipulation, then when you have several millionaires attend that pay tithes it does look out of proportion. Unless you have a inside knowledge it is hard to say.

Probably mixing apples and mangoes here. I know churches with a BIG bus ministry is high in attendance and low in income from my area. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/12/18 9:12 am

Post Maryville... lesserpower
Shocked
3/12/18 10:04 am

Post SouthFloridaman
On a positive note, this past Sunday Kevin Wallace had his largest offering ever 1,152,000+. Almost 1.2 million. I think the church of God is asking the wrong questions. Friendly Face
3/12/18 12:05 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Can we answer the question of why do people need denominations? I think in the past it was a labor union for pastors. It provided a means of job placement protection and most of all fellowship with other leaders. Now the Cog is more of a retirement plan for the leadership where the local pastor is just a slave in the field working for a plantation owner. Also the older stock of pastors are extremely intimidated by younger pastors. I am an older pastor saying this. They don’t offer a place at the table. They would rather backbite and manipulate to put them in there “place” There are good leaders in our organization, but there are times I scratch my head.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/12/18 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
3/12/18 12:21 pm

Post MrSippi
SouthFloridaman wrote:
On a positive note, this past Sunday Kevin Wallace had his largest offering ever 1,152,000+. Almost 1.2 million. I think the church of God is asking the wrong questions.

That is easier to do when you have a single billionaire who gave 50% of that. Don't get me wrong, I celebrate the favor on the church and rejoice with them. I am just saying...not everyone has that kind of dynamic.

That actually may be the case with a lot of the churches that I listed in my original post. It could be that some of the more established churches have wealthy people in them. It is obvious that wealthier businessmen and women seem to be attracted to a larger congregation.
Friendly Face
3/12/18 3:27 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Quote:
On a positive note, this past Sunday Kevin Wallace had his largest offering ever 1,152,000+. Almost 1.2 million. I think the church of God is asking the wrong questions.

Quote:
That is easier to do when you have a single billionaire who gave 50% of that. Don't get me wrong, I celebrate the favor on the church and rejoice with them. I am just saying...not everyone has that kind of dynamic.

I remember the Lee university and church of God money club we had going on in the 2000’s for affluent members . Those groups would have a retreat every year around tax time and Christmas pushing for funds they would wine and dine those people. They even offered tax assistance in order to maximize there tax deductions. In. Reality most churches are funded like that I know the church of God and Lee are just look at the DeVos family half the school is named after them. All the work for alumni at Lee is for fundraising. I guess it is the nature of things.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/12/18 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/12/18 4:14 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
But let’s face reality, it is the small church that pulls the church of God and just about every denomination. Check this graphic out from the association of small churches. Here is their Facebook https://m.facebook.com/ASCPastors/ I love big churches, but why do you think state campground cater to the small or mid sized church. It is because those churches are the main source of funding for them. Now we are facing the reality that small churches are closing. Who is filling that gap of resources

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/16/18 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/12/18 4:43 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Delete Friendly Face
3/12/18 10:32 pm

Post Tithe cogcia
What really goes to help
Local churches do ministry for the major TOT that goes to Cleveland. The machine is huge, salaries are huge. We are suppose to be glad they finally have promised some money for church planting. The system has lost connection with the field. AB gets huge salaries then preach for their AB buddies at Campmeetings and gets more huge offerings while bi-vocational pastors pay the bills at their churches and are ask the support the bloated system. [/list]
Friendly Face
3/13/18 11:01 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
. . Friendly Face
3/16/18 9:14 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic