Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Shabbat Shalom Everyone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Shabbat Shalom Everyone Isa 58:12
It is my heart's desire that you all have a blessed Sabbath and the peace of G-d rest upon u & rule in ur hearts in Y'shua's Name amein 😇
3/9/18 7:19 pm

Post Blessings FG Minister
I h-pe all of you have a gre-t Sun-ay service tomorr-w when we cele-rate the ris-n Lord Jes-s Chr-st on the first day of the we-k as the dis-iples did in the N-w Test-ment. Acts-celerater
3/10/18 9:32 am

Post Man, wouldn't it be terrible to serve a God Whose Name you couldn't even spell out??? Aaron Scott
Fortunately, I am a friend of God. I can call upon the Name of the Lord. Besides, I don't know how to pronounce "G-d." Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/10/18 11:38 am

Post Re: Man, wouldn't it be terrible to serve a God Whose Name you couldn't even spell out??? Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
Fortunately, I am a friend of God. I can call upon the Name of the Lord.

That's good stuff, Aaron! Somebody hit that organ.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/10/18 11:48 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Jesus is my Sabbath rest. I celebrate him 24-7. But thanks anyway.
3/10/18 11:52 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

And again!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/10/18 11:56 am

Post Re: Shabbat Shalom Everyone krista
Isa 58:12 wrote:
It is my heart's desire that you all have a blessed Sabbath and the peace of G-d rest upon u & rule in ur hearts in Y'shua's Name amein 😇

I was going to post to let you know your Ox is in the ditch , then I realized you wouldn't see this today.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/10/18 1:22 pm

Post Re: Blessings Isa 58:12
FG Minister wrote:
I h-pe all of you have a gre-t Sun-ay service tomorr-w when we cele-rate the ris-n Lord Jes-s Chr-st on the first day of the we-k as the dis-iples did in the N-w Test-ment.

Really pastor, where? Please, I'm interested in all ur verses that point to that, if 1 is in Acts please study it out before u say it😉. I'm only interested because there are 10 Words/Commandments, not 9 😇

Again, Shabbat Shalom
3/10/18 3:05 pm

Post Isa 58:12
Resident Skeptic wrote:

So Y'shua being the "Sabbath" rest, changes the day? & I'm sorry skeptic, G-d has set aside one day Holy to Himself Gen 2:1-3, and it is the only day He named, Shabbat. & It is a *Sign* between me and you forever throughout your generations Ex 31. When does the generation end?
3/10/18 3:11 pm

Post Re: Shabbat Shalom Everyone Isa 58:12
krista wrote:

I was going to post to let you know your Ox is in the ditch , then I realized you wouldn't see this today.

No ms krista, you don't see that the ox in the ditch could be seen as a problem? ok. & I'm just curious, why would you want to say it to me today for, I don't have a problem
3/10/18 3:45 pm

Post This may come as a surprise to some, Mark Ledbetter
but His name isn't God.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
3/10/18 7:48 pm

Post Re: Blessings Isa 58:12
FG Minister wrote:
I h-pe all of you have a gre-t Sun-ay service tomorr-w when we cele-rate the ris-n Lord Jes-s Chr-st on the first day of the we-k as the dis-iples did in the N-w Test-ment.

Btw pastor, just a thought, do u have a scripture that says celebrate the risen L-rd on the 1st day of the week? Or how about anyone?
3/11/18 6:37 am

Post Here Ye Go! FG Minister
ISA: Here you go: "And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight," (Acts 20:7).

Of the ten commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were restated in the New Testament. (Six in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, honor parents, and worshiping God; Rom. 13:9, coveting. The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath.
Mark 2:27 says, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." In other words, God established the Sabbath as a rest for His people, not because He needed a break, but because we are human and need a time of rest to focus on God.

The Sabbath was part of the Law. To stay in favor with God, you had to also keep the Sabbath. If it was not kept, then the person was in sin and would often be punished.

But with Jesus’ atonement, we no longer are required to keep the Law as a means for our justification. The requirements of the Law were fulfilled in Christ. We now have rest from the Law. We now have "Sabbath," continually.

The New Testament gives ample evidence that the seventh day Sabbath is no longer a requirement. Romans 14:5-6 says "One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God."

The first day of the week is Sunday, and this is the day the people gathered. But according to Paul – you can worship any day – in fact, we should worship every day!

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. 2On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come," (1 Cor. 16:1-2).

Notice here that Paul is directing the churches to meet on the first day of each week and put money aside. It would seem that this is tithing. So, the instructed time for the church to meet is Sunday, the first day of the week and it is that day the Galatians were to set money aside for collections. Is this an official worship day set up by the church? You decide. Does this verse apply to Christians today? I think so!

In the second century, they referred to Sunday as “the Lord’s Day.” The New Bible Dictionary says regarding the term, ‘The Lord’s Day’ in Rev. 1:10: "This is the first extant occurrence in Christian literature of "te kuriake hemera." The adjectival construction suggests that it was a formal designation of the church’s worship day. As such it certainly appears early in the 2nd century" (Ignatius, Epistle to the Magnesians, 1. 67).

In many churches today, the term "The Lord’s Day" is used to designate Sunday, the same as it was in the second century.

I hope this is evidence enough to show you that the Bible does not require that we worship on Saturday. If anything, we have the freedom (Rom. 14:1-12) to worship on the day that we believe we should. And, no one should judge us in regard to the day we keep. We are free in Christ and not under law, (Rom. 6:14).
Acts-celerater
3/12/18 8:34 am

krista wrote:

No ms krista, you don't see that the ox in the ditch could be seen as a problem? ok. & I'm just curious, why would you want to say it to me today for, I don't have a problem

I just assumed you couldn't go on Acts on Saturday, due to your Judaism. Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/12/18 12:05 pm

krista wrote:

Here's why I think those on Acts who try to teach Judaism or any other religion be excused from Accelerate. Judaism tried to undermine Paul, much like you do. So in Galatians, it tells us what to do with those who teach Judaism to a group of Christians

Galatians 1:6-9 ( KJV )
6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

One of the definitions of 'accursed" means 'Banned".
thus....well, you know the rest.
Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/12/18 12:23 pm

Post Re: Shabbat Shalom Everyone Isa 58:12
krista wrote:
krista wrote:

Here's why I think those on Acts who try to teach Judaism or any other religion be excused from Accelerate. Judaism tried to undermine Paul, much like you do. So in Galatians, it tells us what to do with those who teach Judaism to a group of Christians

Galatians 1:6-9 ( KJV )
6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

One of the definitions of 'accursed" means 'Banned".
thus....well, you know the rest.
Laughing

🤔, Well krista, your ignorance just shows how far the faith has slid into something else. The Bible u read out of is a Jewish Book, ur faith is a Jewish faith, our Savior is the King of the Jews, our Savior was a Rabbi. Our faith has been westernize, another word for it is hellenized. That's the removal of G-ds Way & replace by a Greek mindset, way which happens to be the story of Hanukkah

Your quotation of Galatians chapter one is correct, but not to what I'm saying, I'm not changing anything, I'm not speaking against the Gospel of repentance, if you read what I say I'm all for the Gospel of repentance, for all of us.

We all can get off track, isn't that what pastors do, try to put people back on the track that they've come off of?

Please, what Judaism have I spoken of that Y'shua didn't speak of, or Paul? What Jewish Traditions am I trying to teach everybody to follow?
3/12/18 12:55 pm

Post Re: Here Ye Go! Isa 58:12
FG Minister wrote:
ISA: Here you go: "And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight," (Acts 20:7).

Of the ten commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were restated in the New Testament. (Six in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, honor parents, and worshiping God; Rom. 13:9, coveting. The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath.
Mark 2:27 says, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." In other words, God established the Sabbath as a rest for His people, not because He needed a break, but because we are human and need a time of rest to focus on God.

The Sabbath was part of the Law. To stay in favor with God, you had to also keep the Sabbath. If it was not kept, then the person was in sin and would often be punished.

But with Jesus’ atonement, we no longer are required to keep the Law as a means for our justification. The requirements of the Law were fulfilled in Christ. We now have rest from the Law. We now have "Sabbath," continually.

The New Testament gives ample evidence that the seventh day Sabbath is no longer a requirement. Romans 14:5-6 says "One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God."

The first day of the week is Sunday, and this is the day the people gathered. But according to Paul – you can worship any day – in fact, we should worship every day!

"Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. 2On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come," (1 Cor. 16:1-2).

Notice here that Paul is directing the churches to meet on the first day of each week and put money aside. It would seem that this is tithing. So, the instructed time for the church to meet is Sunday, the first day of the week and it is that day the Galatians were to set money aside for collections. Is this an official worship day set up by the church? You decide. Does this verse apply to Christians today? I think so!

In the second century, they referred to Sunday as “the Lord’s Day.” The New Bible Dictionary says regarding the term, ‘The Lord’s Day’ in Rev. 1:10: "This is the first extant occurrence in Christian literature of "te kuriake hemera." The adjectival construction suggests that it was a formal designation of the church’s worship day. As such it certainly appears early in the 2nd century" (Ignatius, Epistle to the Magnesians, 1. 67).

In many churches today, the term "The Lord’s Day" is used to designate Sunday, the same as it was in the second century.

I hope this is evidence enough to show you that the Bible does not require that we worship on Saturday. If anything, we have the freedom (Rom. 14:1-12) to worship on the day that we believe we should. And, no one should judge us in regard to the day we keep. We are free in Christ and not under law, (Rom. 6:14).

Well thank you pastor...but we have a problem, u used Acts 20:7. The problem here is it doesn't say what you think it's saying, watch. The word "week" in greek is mistranslated, the word is Sabbaton-Sabbath in the Strong's 4521. Now let's read that verse again; Upon the first day of the Sabbath...

& The 10 Words are in affect Forever pastor, Y'shua taught on them in Matt 22:36-40; Y'shua said love G-d with all ur heart (1st 5 of 10) & love ur neighbor as urself (last 5 of 10). The verses u point out not speaking of the Sabbath was because He was dealing with that person with the last 5 of the 10 Words.

Mark 2:27-28; man was made to rest on the Sabbath, as G-d did Gen 2;1-3. Vs 28 we rest Y'shua on the Sabbath day, because He is our rest. We keep the Sabbath as He did, & when we do that, we are testifying, bring "witnesses"(2or3) to the world that our G-d created everything and rested on this day. It is the only day that G-d set aside Holy to Himself before He made any Covenant with man, and is the only day He named, Shabbat

There is no verse in the Old Testament that says keep the Shabbat so that you have favor with G-d. He did say in Ex 31 that it is an Everlasting Covenant 15-16, & it is a "*Sign*" between me and the children of Israel (Rom 11:17) "Forever", for 6 days the L-rd made Heaven and the earth, and the seventh day He "*rested*" and was refreshed. When we keep the Sabbath day, as He did, we are refreshed even as He was refreshed Ex 24:12. Now that's a Promise from Almighty G-d, who would turn that down?

Again, no Law, Commandments saying we are justified by keeping the Law, that's not the purpose of the Law. Rom 3:20; therefore by the Deeds of the Law there so no flesh be justified in His sight (outside of Y'shua) for the Law is the Knowledge of "sin". Gal 2:16; knowing that a man is **not** justified by the "works" of the Law.... What Commandments u keep outside of Y'shua is not gonna fly, ur not justified by yourself.

Here's a question, how do you think you're going to understand the law through the New Testament? Answer: never. You cannot understand the New Covenant until you first understand the first Covenant.

& Since everybody likes to throw out the book of Galatians, I encourage everyone to read Psalms 119 and the Book of Deuteronomy before speaking on Galatians. If you do like that you'll never see the book of Galatians the same again cuz you will have an understanding of the Creators Law/Torah

& As to your thoughts in Rom 14:5-6 speaking of the Sabbath day, is probably not correct, because the Sabbath was never mentioned, but food is. I have heard this could be connected to a fasting "day" because food is mentioned. I'm not saying it is, but I know it's not speaking of the Sabbath day, or it would say. & The Sabbath day has already been established by G-d to keep

Now u are half right on 1 Cor 16:1-2, Paul and the others did gather on the first day of the week, but it wasn't for a day of worship. It dealt with the exchanging of money, and Paul & the others on Shabbat didn't deal with money, nor do we

& In the second century the Catholic Church declared sunday as the L-rd's Day, they even right in their own books saying G-d gave them the authority to change the Sabbath, and that's just not true. The Sabbath day is the day G-d set apart after creation Holy to Himself, Himself.... That means it's His, that's the L-rds day

& Because the Catholic church, and churches today call sunday the L-rd's day doesn't change His day. That's like me saying the World is Flat, is that change the fact that is round 😏. And the Bible doesn't say that you have the freedom to call any day the Sabbath day, any day you choose, that means you are your own god & ur way is right. U should read Heb 4, which is a warning for not keeping Shabbat

& Rom 6:14; for "sin/death" (is what's talked about) shall *not* have dominion over you, for you not under the law (of death Rom 8:2) but under Grace. Let's use another one, Rom 3:31; do we then make void the Law through faith? **God forbid**, yes, "*we establish*" the Law. How can something be removed that has been established?

& There is no judging here, you presented your side, I presented mine. Let's let the scriptures speak in Y'shua's Name amein 😇

Shalom
3/13/18 8:31 pm

Good G-d!! I just pulled a bradfreeman, I had no clue was that long LOL.

Where is Brad?
3/13/18 8:32 pm

Post UncleJD

Where is Brad?

Your flippant use of the phrase above is disturbing. You can take the middle letter out until the cows come home but that's not respectful in any way.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/14/18 8:55 am

UncleJD wrote:

Where is Brad?

Your flippant use of the phrase above is disturbing. You can take the middle letter out until the cows come home but that's not respectful in any way.

I'm very sorry u feel that way....do u have any comment on what I said to fg minister?
3/14/18 11:28 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic