Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Law or Grace?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Isa 58:12
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Well dave, discuss it then.

It doesn't seem like you actually have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, so it's difficult to see what value could be gained from discussion.

If I asked you to articulate the gospel to me, what would you say? Keep it as simple and straightforward as you can.

Well dave, it's going to be kind of hard for me, not having that saving relationship even though I love G-d and keep His Commandments, but I'll give it a shot

Well the Gospel message of Y'shua/G-d throughout the Bible has been repent, the Grace of G-d forgives, I'm grafted into His family/people that He has made a Covenant of Laws/Instructions,/Guidelines for a Life with Him & I keep His Commandments "by" faith & "by" my love in Y'shua who died for me & took my penalty of death by breaking His Torah/Commandments

He died because we broke His Law......
3/11/18 8:40 am

Dave Dorsey wrote:
So... you gonna articulate the gospel, or nah?

Now tell me yours 😏
3/11/18 8:42 am

Post sheepdogandy
What part of NEW COVENANT are you not getting? Laughing

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/11/18 9:13 am

Post Dave Dorsey
What did Jesus do? What did His work accomplish? What is the result of His work?

What is imputed sin?

What is imputed righteousness?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 9:35 am

sheepdogandy wrote:
What part of NEW COVENANT are you not getting? Laughing

Sheepdog, I answered both very simply & quickly like u asked 😏. Have u been so far removed from the message if the Bible u didn't understand what i said?
3/11/18 10:03 am

Dave Dorsey wrote:
What did Jesus do? What did His work accomplish? What is the result of His work?

What is imputed sin?

dave.... Lol, are u changing the thread? 😮. Why don't u quote something here I have said & show me where I have missed it

Because if u believe Y'shua came to do away with the Law, u have missed it. That's another thread. Or maybe u can explain ur views on my thread in Ps 119😏
3/11/18 10:14 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Okay. It’s abundantly clear that you do not know the gospel and that you do not know Christ.

May God grant you pardon and mercy and grace to know Him.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 10:24 am

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Okay. It’s abundantly clear that you do not know the gospel and that you do not know Christ.

May God grant you pardon and mercy and grace to know Him.

What part was wrong that I told sheepdog? & Again, how can I not know Him if I try to live my life by His example by keeping the Torah and loving G-d and loving my neighbor?

I guess the question can be asked how do you think you know Him without keeping Torah as he kept it. Because that's His heart

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 3/11/18 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/11/18 10:47 am

Post Re: Question for Isa 58:12 Dean Steenburgh
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Isa 58:12 can you assist me by answering the following:
Maybe I've missed this along the way but can you explain why you never spell out the name of God or Lord ...etc??
I see that you spell G-d but you never spell it out the way we've seen it in the traditional American understanding of how the bible spells it.
Do you claim to be a Messianic Jew?
Are you a follower of Jesus as your personal Messiah?

Thx, Dean

I have always done it when I gave my life 2 the L-rd in 2000 in baptism, but really in the hospital in 1998. I was writing to someone about the Bible I think in 1999, I had in the background a preacher who talked about how the Jews put the dash in G-d as not to profane it. Now I now G-d is not His Name, but loved that sort of dedication to G-d & wanted to have the same for the One that saved me & I just have done it ever since. It's like I have done it as a child...

Yes 😋
&
Yes 😇

Shalom

I've heard of people doing this before.
Great testimony!
Blessings & Shalom

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/11/18 10:47 am

Post Re: Question for Isa 58:12 Isa 58:12
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Isa 58:12 can you assist me by answering the following:
Maybe I've missed this along the way but can you explain why you never spell out the name of God or Lord ...etc??
I see that you spell G-d but you never spell it out the way we've seen it in the traditional American understanding of how the bible spells it.
Do you claim to be a Messianic Jew?
Are you a follower of Jesus as your personal Messiah?

Thx, Dean

I have always done it when I gave my life 2 the L-rd in 2000 in baptism, but really in the hospital in 1998. I was writing to someone about the Bible I think in 1999, I had in the background a preacher who talked about how the Jews put the dash in G-d as not to profane it. Now I now G-d is not His Name, but loved that sort of dedication to G-d & wanted to have the same for the One that saved me & I just have done it ever since. It's like I have done it as a child...

Yes 😋
&
Yes 😇

Shalom

I've heard of people doing this before.
Great testimony!
Blessings & Shalom

Thank you, u have a Blessed day 😀😇. Shalom, in every meaning of the Word in Y'shua's Name amein 😇
3/11/18 10:50 am

Post Dave Dorsey
What part was wrong that I told sheepdog? & Again, how can I not know Him if I try to live my life by His example by keeping the Torah and loving G-d and loving my neighbor?

I guess the question can be asked how do you think you know Him without keeping Torah as he kept it. Because that's His heart

It seems your understanding of the gospel is centered completely on your works.

I would be overjoyed to see you to demonstrate that I am wrong about your belief in the gospel.

Start with this:

What is imputed sin?

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 11:44 am

Dave Dorsey wrote:

It seems your understanding of the gospel is centered completely on your works.

I would be overjoyed to see you to demonstrate that I am wrong about your belief in the gospel.

Start with this:

What is imputed sin?

Dave, ur whole premise here stems from reformed lutheran theology, right? I have told you before, if you're going to try to understand G-d/Y'shua & Torah through ur theology, you're never going to get it

What did Y'shua do? He came as the Lamb of G-d to take away the sins of the world Luke 1. What did He accomplish? He was the Perfect sacrifice Heb 10. What was the result? The Forgiveness of are torahlessness, sins. He came & died for us breaking His Law
3/11/18 12:44 pm

This is the Law vs Grace thread let's keep it
3/11/18 12:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Jesus' work on the cross is not Reformed or Lutheran theology.

Imputed sin and imputed righteousness are not Reformed or Lutheran theology.

It is the FUNDAMENTAL basis of the gospel and if you do not believe by faith that Christ justified you and saved you through His work on the cross ALONE, you are still dead in your sins.

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Can you not articulate the gospel?

If a man came to you and said, "What must I do to be saved," what would you tell him about Christ and Christ's work?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 12:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey

Do you think I'm drawing a thread about grace off-topic by talking about Christ's work on the cross?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 1:02 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Jesus' work on the cross is not Reformed or Lutheran theology.

Imputed sin and imputed righteousness are not Reformed or Lutheran theology.

It is the FUNDAMENTAL basis of the gospel and if you do not believe by faith that Christ justified you and saved you through His work on the cross ALONE, you are still dead in your sins.

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Can you not articulate the gospel?

If a man came to you and said, "What must I do to be saved," what would you tell him about Christ and Christ's work?

Umm, I just looked up imputed sin & imputed Righteousness & that's exactly what got. I googled it because of they way it was worded, I couldn't wrap my head around it... Shocked

& dave, those are examples of the Gospel, the Gospel message is "*repent*". It all starts there dave, "confession". I was just talking to an atheist, & I told him all about what Y'shua did on the cross, & I talked about forgiveness of sins, "*through*" repentance...

Let me ask you a question, can you be saved by just believing in Y'shua & not repenting? Because you never mentioned repenting

And what do you think you're repenting from if there's no Law?
3/11/18 1:29 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

Do you think I'm drawing a thread about grace off-topic by talking about Christ's work on the cross?

...dave, what do you hear when I say in Messiah when we sin, we quickly repent from our sins and the "Grace" of G-d covers us from our sins. Grace & Law go together, they are One. I've said that before and you never commented
3/11/18 1:31 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Reptenance is the fruit of Christ’s work in our lives. We believe and are saved by grace through faith alone, and then we bear fruit in keeping with repentance as His grace works in us.

I’m not going to keep going around this mulberry bush with you, but I love you enough to not simply say Peace, Peace to you.

I have yet to hear anything in any of your posts that proclaims the gospel and Christ’s work. And so what? I am not your judge. But there is One who is, and in the day of His wrath, only those who place their confidence and hope in Christ ALONE will be saved.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/11/18 1:36 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Reptenance is the fruit of Christ’s work in our lives. We believe and are saved by grace through faith alone, and then we bear fruit in keeping with repentance as His grace works in us.

I’m not going to keep going around this mulberry bush with you, but I love you enough to not simply say Peace, Peace to you.

I have yet to hear anything in any of your posts that proclaims the gospel and Christ’s work. And so what? I am not your judge. But there is One who is, and in the day of His wrath, only those who place their confidence and hope in Christ ALONE will be saved.

What work dave? What is the work Y'shua is doing in u outside of what He already said for us to do in His Torah? We get saved then we do what He did. I heard a great analogy yesterday

This lady was a young girl, and she wanted a horse so bad, but she did not have a pen for it. She asked her father if she could & to see if the girl was really dedicated to have the horse, he told her to go dig the holes and setup the fence. She started digging the holes with a post hole digger and she got 14 holes dug and when the father "saw" she was dedicated, he came and helped her dig the rest. Now, does that mean the girl has no more obligations to the horse?

Do u not have any obligations to "serving" the Father after you were saved?

Of course we are saved through Y'shua alone & not by our works of Torah or Messiah died in vain. Now that we are saved, whats the guidelines to not fall into sin again? It's G-ds Torah/Instructions for Life

U want me to just speak here to everyone proclaiming the Gospel & what Y'shua did? What, u don't know that yet? I thought I was in a group of people past the starting point. If you want dave I can set aside some time for you and we can go over this if you need it😉
3/11/18 2:01 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/11/18 4:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic