Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

State reports and statistics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post State reports and statistics Cojak
I went to NC and FL web sites to check the January/Feb statistics for comparison. Both churches I wanted to check on changed pastors. I was told both would see a drastic drop in finances. This is the first time I can remember I was that interested. NC last statistics were DEC, Florida was Nov.

These two churches are my 'home churches'. And No I didn't run nobody off. I ain't there enough to do that! ;-O. Shocked

Dumb me thought with computers and online reporting they would be upto date. In NC we used to have the printed 'Echo' by the middle of the following month. Is there a reason for a delay?

No, I did not call nor e-mail. If they are that far behind they ain't got time for a silly, nosy inquiry!

Now as for the churches going independent, Florida says we have organized 80 new churches here. That is good stuff.

Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/5/18 11:17 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Florida website often way out of date.

Embarassing.
3/5/18 12:51 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Embarassing.

At least they have one. It’s time it is showing age.
Friendly Face
3/5/18 3:08 pm

Post Cojak
[quote="SouthFloridaman"]

Embarassing.

At least they have one. It’s time it is showing age.[/quote]

I know the state will eventually up date, BUT that statement is not worth a dime for a church. I would prefer a church NOT HAVE a FB or WEB page if it is not kept up.

Once in NY we put the address in the GPS for an Assembly of God taken off the webpage and went to a court house. A guy on the street said that church was torn down long time ago.

Another time in NY we went to a COG address and it was not a Universal Church. weird.

So A church page should be updated or be like one of my home churches, it has a permanent UNDER CONSTRUCTION' sign displayed. No body is working on it, I guess they are just preserving a site. But at least the info is not misleading. Cool
3/5/18 4:20 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
The state pages I have looked at are usually behind a bit. Maybe they only update quarterly now? The Echo has changed names over the years & was called TIE in ENC at one time. Looks like now it is just called ENC Statistical Report. It is current thru 2/5/2018.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/5/18 9:35 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
The state pages I have looked at are usually behind a bit. Maybe they only update quarterly now? The Echo has changed names over the years & was called TIE in ENC at one time. Looks like now it is just called ENC Statistical Report. It is current thru 2/5/2018.

I would say that is up to date. That would seem to show January's reports. I was hoping to see that in WNC, but I ran over there to the Echos, but they are still on DEC,

I was wondering yesterday what the ENC would call their paper (if there was one anymore!)
THANKS! Cool
3/5/18 10:08 pm

Post Our state... lesserpower
still has notifications up from last year's Camp Meeting, just in time for this years
3/6/18 12:49 pm

Post Re: Our state... Old Time Country Preacher
lesserpower wrote:
still has notifications up from last year's Camp Meeting, just in time for this years

That was the intended purpose, LP. Just change the pictures, everthang else is gonna be the save. 10.9 decibles.
Acts-pert Poster
3/6/18 1:07 pm

Post #18
the delay is mostly caused by churches sending in their reports late. the region i'm in tries to keep the website as updated as possible but it looks pretty bad when half the churches have an "NR" in every column. Friendly Face
3/6/18 2:37 pm

Post Da Sheik
Quote:
I would prefer a church NOT HAVE a FB or WEB page if it is not kept up.

I agree. When I arrived here the website was badly outdated and the Facebook page was a joke. They had no moderator controls for the page, so people were posting all kind of needless things on the church FB page.

We had a volunteer who was handling our website but I talked the church into outsourcing the design to a much more professional look. I posted a thread several years ago about helping your church grow. One of the key things today is a well-maintained website and social media profile. These are the "front doors" of the modern church.
Acts Enthusiast
3/6/18 2:52 pm

Post FLRon

Embarassing.

Agreed! Having recently reorganized Roles/Responsibilities with some of the staff there, it’s a shame they still operate like it’s the 1990’s when it comes to their web site. Outdated or missing information along with broken links is unacceptable today. Guess they didn’t get the message that a web site is a direct reflection on the priorities of the office.
3/6/18 3:20 pm

Post Cojak
I am not active on FB, I go there to wish my 'many ' friends happy Birthday. Then I stick around and comment or 'like' some of the entries. I do not know how to manage a WEB site, but most of my grand kids could.

That said, many of our pastors of small churches are 75+ and don't have a 'smart phone'. They also do not realize that over half of their congregation is on FB regularly and would enjoy a Church web site to drop by EVERY DAY.

Just a short 'daily' devotion would be great. If you have a WEB site (page) what ever it is called, kill it or keep it up to date. Slothful is a term that would be used if it was 30 years ago, Ignorant (or worse) would be the term used by the youth of today as they SCROLL PAST the dead site. EVEN at 80, my wife is a 'lurker' but is constantly interrupting my day with: did you see XYZ xxy on FB? and she knows I am there seldom. She even sees stuff on there from OLD MEN like CARL HART. Now that is old, and he figured it out!

Seriously, someone is looking at your website. They may be young and looking for a church. BE READY to serve that searcher or lurker with your web site. Remember when the hungry person slipped in the church door and sat on the back pew, hoping for some thing but NOT knowing WHAT! That kid or young person is now 'lurking' on the internet. Embarassed

A gem from DaSheik above:

One of the key things today is a well-maintained website and social media profile. These are the "front doors" of the modern church.
3/7/18 11:36 am

Post Cojak
Since it has been 60 years since I filled out a monthly report to the church I was wondering about payments to state and national. When you or your clerk makes the report, can funds be transferred electronically from EVERY state?

If that is true I am amazed that there would be many 'No Report' (NR) as #18 mentioned. Shocked
3/7/18 11:51 am

Post #18
Reports themselves can be processed electronically but monies are sent via check.

it's funny how preachers preach to their congregations to make sure and give to God the FIRST fruits but pay their TOT once every three months Laughing Rolling Eyes
Friendly Face
3/7/18 1:28 pm

Post Clint Wills
I think something worth noting is that their website isn't designed for the world. At our local churches we are here for our enriched community...that's not the case at the state level - they are here to serve churches. So we will dig a little deeper and spend a little more time investigating to get our answers. With my local church website I figure we have MAYBE 5-10 seconds before someone has moved on. If things aren't easy to navigate and clear, then they'll leave.

With that said, it isn't a great look to be behind and outdated on anything that we do as a church or denomination. Because it serves the churches and pastors, we say a lot about the type of churches and pastors we care to serve by how we connect and interact online.
3/7/18 3:40 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
#18 wrote:
Reports themselves can be processed electronically but monies are sent via check.

it's funny how preachers preach to their congregations to make sure and give to God the FIRST fruits but pay their TOT once every three months Laughing Rolling Eyes

I agree 100%. Pastors preach on faithful tithing but are slothful in sending in their reports and money. It is tithe on tithe.

Headquarters sent out a notice that all monies and reports had to be current in order to be considered to be able to change churches or be voted on for an elected or appointed position and I think that is good. I have a problem with churches who report $5,000 tithe and run over 600 in attendance. Sounds like some fraud to me. Just my opinion.
Friendly Face
3/7/18 9:51 pm

Post Cojak
If these 'numbers' from individual churches are not for the 'public or members' and only for pastors, then the source should not be shown unless you have some password or control. But if you show a file, available to someone like me, 'just a member' then you (the state) looks 'sloopy' in their record keeping if you are 3-4 months behind. It is hard to take YOU seriously if you cannot be up to date.Especially when tithe of tithe money is paying some one to record and publish statistics. Shocked

EVERY WEB PAGE should be up to date if you are to be taken seriously by the searcher, or a lurker. Shocked
3/8/18 12:53 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
If these 'numbers' from individual churches are not for the 'public or members' and only for pastors, then the source should not be shown unless you have some password or control. But if you show a file, available to someone like me, 'just a member' then you (the state) looks 'sloopy' in their record keeping if you are 3-4 months behind. It is hard to take YOU seriously if you cannot be up to date.Especially when tithe of tithe money is paying some one to record and publish statistics. Shocked

EVERY WEB PAGE should be up to date if you are to be taken seriously by the searcher, or a lurker. Shocked

It could be that with everything else that needs doing in this electronic age (some ABs do video updates monthly, etc.), perhaps the statistics are not quite the priority they once were. Just a thought...
3/8/18 1:24 am

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

It could be that with everything else that needs doing in this electronic age (some ABs do video updates monthly, etc.), perhaps the statistics are not quite the priority they once were. Just a thought...

yeah, you are probably right Carolyn. Besides I don't want to make a stink, I just looked at the staff and the one in charge of that section came from the church the wife and I planted. She is a sweet heart, he family was TOPS. She is married to a successful independent pastor now. There must be some reason the site isn't updated, she has always been very efficient! So Imma just gonna be patient. We will head back to NC in a few weeks so I can talk to our new pastor and learn first hand. Hope you are staying warm. Someone up there left the door open and the cool air make it to Florida. Turn up the heator close the door! Wink Cool
3/8/18 10:24 am

Post cogvegan
I seen where Florida orangized 80 new churches but when asked they seemed to not be able to produce a response. I’m looking for a new church in the Jacksonville area. Nothing new here. So where are they? Member
3/11/18 12:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic