Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

New CBS Sitcom ‘Living Biblically’ Brings Faith to Primetime (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post New CBS Sitcom ‘Living Biblically’ Brings Faith to Primetime (L) Dave Dorsey
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/new-cbs-sitcom-living-biblically-brings-faith-primetime/ [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/28/18 9:52 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Somehow, I get the feeling - this will only follow Hollywood's version of the Bible. With lot's of gotcha's for how bad God is - like why he created "Super Gonorrhea", etc...
2/28/18 10:44 am

Post Cojak
There could be a positive side to this, generating more conversations on the subject.

Of course the sway will be HOLLYWOOD that is what's happening. That is where all the knowledge is. Otherwise why would their political opinions be sought out for headlines?

me 'n y'all ain't gonna decide what is in the script, I just betcha! Shocked Embarassed

I never watch TV so I will wait here for the reviews. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/28/18 12:02 pm

Post cogvegan
Did anyone watch it? Member
2/28/18 1:13 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
The sitcom is leftist garbage. Acts-pert Poster
3/1/18 1:19 am

Post jeremiah2911_4me
I watched about 6 minutes of it and deleted it from my dvr and upcoming recordings. . . .

Dont waste your time and hopefully it will be cancelled within a few weeks
Acts-celerater
3/1/18 7:50 am

Post Dave Dorsey
jeremiah2911_4me wrote:
I watched about 6 minutes of it and deleted it from my dvr and upcoming recordings. . . .

Dont waste your time and hopefully it will be cancelled within a few weeks

What was your takeaway from what you saw? I haven't seen it yet, but I'm assuming the chance of a CBS sitcom proclaiming the true gospel is probably pretty low, but I am curious about the exact approach they take to mangling the gospel, lol.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/1/18 8:15 am

Post Cojak
The program sounded like a 'Religious Cheers', I'd probably like it. But I haven't watched tv more than 4 hours in the last 10 years. I cannot hear that fast, nor read that fast if it is closed captioned.

I just can' believe OTCP is so judgemental! Shocked Shocked Shocked I bet the priest and the Rabbi have REAL DD's behind their names too! Shucks ABC can't do nothing rite! But they is tryin', evidently Fox don't have no Bible programs! Embarassed Embarassed Wink
3/1/18 10:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
evidently Fox don't have no Bible programs! Embarassed Embarassed Wink

Hannity doesn't count?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/1/18 10:56 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cojak wrote:
evidently Fox don't have no Bible programs! Embarassed Embarassed Wink

Hannity doesn't count?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know Hannity either, but I don't think he is a Sitcom. I should have made that cclearerer. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry DD Cool

YOu guys are so blessed being able to watch TV and learn this stuff. We have two BRAND NEW (Two years ago) of them new TV here in the motor home and they are never on.

My problem is, I am probably tied to this PC as much or more than others are tied to TV. Embarassed
3/1/18 11:21 am

Post cogvegan
I think Fox News is the Bible to some people. God help us all! Embarassed Shocked Member
3/1/18 11:40 am

Post Cojak
cogvegan wrote:
I think Fox News is the Bible to some people. God help us all! Embarassed Shocked

"
BUT, but" (to quote Aaron). But, but what I read from Fox is much better than I read other wise.

I do wish more folk would pay attention to 'Sean-of-the-South.' He is mostly Good News. Cool
3/1/18 12:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I just now watched the pilot on CBS online. It was humorous. I realize it was probably just for added comic effect, but the priest implies that living biblically means one is obligated to keep the Law of Moses. I think bradfreeman would get a kick out of the show.

It is important to note that the pilot at least does not represent the man as having had a conversion experience. I have no idea how the rest of the season will develop, but the pilot appears to be a guy who is a lapsed Catholic simply trying to use the Bible as a moralistic guide to a better life. It was pretty funny when he interpreted the scriptural command about stoning adulterers to mean he should hit his adulterous coworker in the head with a rock.

I think that clips from the show could be used to show how absurd trying to live ‘biblically’ is if one lacks a basic grasp on important things like Christian doctrine, the New Covenant, and how to properly interpret and apply the Scriptures, especially the Old Testament Scriptures in light of the New Covenant.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/1/18 1:14 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
I thought it was great.
It is not theology...it is no apologetics.
It is culture's view on God not Christianity.

I thought it was funny...in particular the scene where he "stoned the adulterer."
Hilarious...literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/1/18 5:32 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It was pretty funny when he interpreted the scriptural command about stoning adulterers to mean he should hit his adulterous coworker in the head with a rock.

I'd have to go back and check the notes I took during lectures, but I'm pretty sure that's a sort of untranslatable nuance in the Greek... there's a similar textual nuance in the command to love your neighbor that exempts people who talk loudly on Bluetooth devices.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/1/18 5:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I thought it was funny...in particular the scene where he "stoned the adulterer."

Tom liked it... WHAT FURTHER NEED HAVE WE OF WITNESSES???

*tearing clothes*
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/1/18 5:47 pm

Tom Sterbens wrote:
I thought it was great.

It is secular culture's view of you, Tom. If that is hilarious, then I guess continue to laugh.
Acts-pert Poster
3/1/18 7:56 pm

Cojak wrote:
I bet the priest and the Rabbi have REAL DD's behind their names too!

If they do, Cojak, it aint a real DD. DD's is honery docterates, not earned.
Acts-pert Poster
3/1/18 7:58 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I thought it was great.

It is secular culture's view of you, Tom. If that is hilarious, then I guess continue to laugh.

It is wide open Moralistic Therapeutic Deism...I'm not caught off guard in the least. It is what it is. I do not look to the world or culture to validate my faith or biblical worldview.

I thought it was funny and will watch it again next week.
And I suspect I will be using clips from it in church very soon.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/1/18 10:14 pm

Post Cojak
What I know about this program I will learn here. BUT for a fact it will not be written to win folks to Christ. BUT I guarantee it it stays on the air Fundamental people will be drawn into Bible discussions. I hope it hangs in there. I think I could watch it and laugh also.

One thing we as Christians start doing when something like this comes up is try to fit it into 'OUR VIEW OF THE BIBLE' and common sense tells you that ain't gonna happen. I suggest you watch every once in awhile if it hunts. Just to be able to honestly engage your friends or real critics.

Ever watch the Waltons? The whole family goes to church, carries Bibles etc. Daddy does not. Says he feels close to nature out on the mountain, and if there is a God he did a masterful job.

I had several very good discussions with friends because of this. It caused me to seek better info than I had. It may not have helped my friends, but it caused me to search the scriptures more.

When it first started I felt like I had accidentally found a gun fight and all I had was a knife, Embarassed Embarassed Wink
3/1/18 11:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic