Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Hate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Land notwanghere
You need to get some sleep my brother!

I am unable to identify the needs of many. I am grateful for a government who sees a need, and in Christian spirit, distributes to help meet that need.

We are witnessing the cutting of hundreds of social programs which assist the most needy in our society. Did you know that the nations with the greatest disparity between the rich and poor is Russia, Mexico and the U.S.

That the median income in America is the same as it was in 1999.

This while corporations are experiencing their greatest historical profits. Meanwhile these corporations are given tax breaks by the current administration.

I Agree with your concerns Land. I believe what was once called the middle class pays enough. The corporations need to pay up, not get tax breaks.

As I review decisions they always benefit the corporations. This administration changed the bankruptcy laws so credit cards could not be covered. Guess what, weeks later they doubled the minimum payments. I could go on and on. The open border to provide cheap labor for American corporations. They are so many examples of what is happening.

It was Aristotle who warned that a nation with no middle class will collapse. This has been demonstrated time and time again.

Think about it Land, no change in minimum wages for eight years. Is gas the same price as eight years ago. We hear these great unemployment numbers, but millions are working at minimum wage. How do they survive?

I apologize if I am ranting a bit. I resent deeply the sinful alliances made by the left, the gay, abortion, etc. But I equally abhor the corporate elitism of the right, and their manipulation of the religious right to help them accomplish their corporatism. I will talk about halliburton some other time.

This land needs a revival!

Blessings my brother!
Acts Enthusiast
2/10/06 9:34 pm

Post Re: Land **link** Land of Middle Girth
Your last statement is the one I most agree with. I have another flight soon and have to get ready, so I'll make it brief without any flash.

----I am unable to identify the needs of many. I am grateful for a government who sees a need, and in Christian spirit, distributes to help meet that need.---

There are Christian organizations that have the infrastructure to identify the needs of many and distribute according to those needs. The government does not steal and give out of a Christian spirit, but a spirit of "this'll make em want to vote for me" spirit. They are purchasing votes with our money. BTW, in Atlanta, Cynthia McKinney had a program using government (taxpayer) money to teach people how to braid hair. SICK.

---As I review decisions they always benefit the corporations. This administration changed the bankruptcy laws so credit cards could not be covered. Guess what, weeks later they doubled the minimum payments. I could go on and on. The open border to provide cheap labor for American corporations. They are so many examples of what is happening.---

I can't tell if you know it by the post, but it was the government that mandated the increase in payments. The right decision was made, but in the incorrect order. I'll tell you one thing, what would help the citizens of this country greatly is if the citizens of Delaware would petition for a vote on lowering the maximum interest rate that can be charged on a credit card/loan.

----Think about it Land, no change in minimum wages for eight years. Is gas the same price as eight years ago. We hear these great unemployment numbers, but millions are working at minimum wage. How do they survive?---

I heard Neal Boortz say that the reason the rich keep getting richer and the poorer keep getting poorer is because the Rich keep doing what makes them rich and the poor keep doing what makes them poor. Or something to that effect. They survive by learning how to do something other than flip burgers! I mean goodness. No adult should be earning minimum wage. If they are then it is of their own actions and lack of ambition to do better. Perhaps they are stuck in a victim mentality and refuse to bring themselves up as they are waiting for someone else to do it. Compassion is teaching a man to fish, not giving him your scraps.

----We are witnessing the cutting of hundreds of social programs which assist the most needy in our society. Did you know that the nations with the greatest disparity between the rich and poor is Russia, Mexico and the U.S.---

Good. Most are programs that the Government has no business, by the Constitution's standards, being involved in. And I'm sure if you go to communist nations you will find that wonder liberal mantra: To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability. With a statement like that, why would anyone want to achieve any higher goals than what they are doing now? It hampers success. It keeps people from succeeding via business, which I'm sure you think is evil, but if there were no business, who would employ anybody?

--That the median income in America is the same as it was in 1999.--

You're right. http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/incxrace.html Go to that link and see if you see any patterns. You'll probably be getting a raise in that in the next two years.

Gotta go catch a flight.

Girth
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/06 1:32 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Just a thought c6thplayer1
My views and joys are simple. God, Family, Country and citizens of this country. I will not stand quietly when any of the three are threatened by violence. By far I’m not the most intelligent person on this board but I do know that when people like these muslim terrorist kill our women, children and innocent people for their own political or religious purposes then the time has come to put an end to these people by any means necessary. It is time to bring our old slogan back into the language of the USA “Don’t Tread on Us”.

As far as Hate is concerned, I don’t think I have any hate at this point and I certainly don’t have any love for these people. It’s more like the Doctor that is surgically removing the cancer from one of his patients. He doesn’t necessarily hate cancer but rather understands the need to eliminate it so the body can live.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/12/06 4:23 pm

Post Notwang, is it truthful to indicate the US is analogous John T. Johnson
economically to Russia and Mexico?

I don't think so and there are millions of Russians and Mexicans who agree with me.

How do I know? There are that many who want to come to America for a better life.

Mexican illegal aliens and many other nationalities of illegals aliens risk their lives every year in desperate attempts to come to America.

Why is that so if America has been so hoodwinked and bound up by all these evil corporations who don't pay their employees properly? If America's poor are as oppressed, as you say they are, by greedy, abusive wealthy snobs and rich elitists, why do so many of the world's poor risk their lives and their safety, spending every last cent they can beg borrow or steal to get a chance to immigrate here?

Your rhetoric is exactly like the hate-America-first crowd and the poverty pimps of the left. They make their living from and gain power by demonizing hard-working, Bible believing Christians, compassionate conservatives and corporate employers, just as you and a few other Acts posters have done--all under the guise of opposing hatred. Your post was the one filled with hate speech--hatred of America for being prosperous and of conservative Christian Americans, in particular, for not voting for liberal politicians.

The fact is that America is a land of promise and a land of fulfilled dreams, where anyone can become wealthy through faith and perseverance.
2/12/06 4:45 pm

Post A Godly Hatred? 4thgenCOG
Phil,

I agree with you in most of your posts. I even agree with the heart of what you are saying in your posts on this thread. I do, however, wish to point out that even God hates some things. The Bible says, God hates divorce. I believe that God hates islam. He hated baal worship, the sacrificing of children to the false god moleck (sp?), and the vile practices of other specifically named false religions. He hated them so much that He punished many who practiced these false faiths. Even after the cross, grave, and resurrection of Jesus, Ananias and Sapphira were divinely killed for lying to the Holy Spirit - God hates lying.

Should followers of Christ hate muslims? NO, we should never hate an individual be he/she saint or sinner. Should followers of Christ hate islam? YES! And every other hell birthed attempt to steal those created in the image and likeness of God, and damn their souls to hell.
Friendly Face
2/12/06 7:27 pm

Post Re: Just a thought notwanghere
c6thplayer1 wrote:
My views and joys are simple. God, Family, Country and citizens of this country. I will not stand quietly when any of the three are threatened by violence. By far I?m not the most intelligent person on this board but I do know that when people like these muslim terrorist kill our women, children and innocent people for their own political or religious purposes then the time has come to put an end to these people by any means necessary. It is time to bring our old slogan back into the language of the USA ?Don?t Tread on Us?.

As far as Hate is concerned, I don?t think I have any hate at this point and I certainly don?t have any love for these people. It?s more like the Doctor that is surgically removing the cancer from one of his patients. He doesn?t necessarily hate cancer but rather understands the need to eliminate it so the body can live.

Actually it is "Don't Tread on Me". I agree with the need to defend. The problem is in generalizing that since 9/11 was perpetrated by Muslims, all Muslims are evil and must be killed. Evil doers (wow I can't believe I used a GW term. Rolling Eyes ) must be dealt with.
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/06 10:34 pm

Post Re: Just a thought Land of Middle Girth
I agree with the need to defend?????? I thought you were a pacifist!!!!!! Acts Enthusiast
2/12/06 11:23 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Re: Hate notwanghere
Pacifism in my definition discriminates between aggressive and defensive action.

I am not opposed to all violence. It is needed often to defend the rights of the majority. I believe our actions against Osama are unquestionably warranted. I am a pacifist not suicidal.

Romans 13.

Blessings MG
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/06 11:30 pm

Post twang Land of Middle Girth
any thoughts on my earlier reply? Acts Enthusiast
2/12/06 11:36 pm

Post Sorry Land notwanghere
I didn't reply because I am considering some of your expressions. They are not without merit and deserve some honest thought. I believe greatly in open debate. Sometimes we find ourselves debating positions which are indefensible. You presented some well presented, logical positions, which do not deserve a knee jerk response. Therefore I will take time considering their merits.

Blessings
Acts Enthusiast
2/13/06 8:20 pm

Post US Government is not Christian Nature Boy Florida
Don't you ever watch TV?

Girth is right about the money for votes scheme. And every dollar that is given to the government is another dollar that cannot be given in the name of Jesus. Just another godless government entitlement.
2/13/06 8:41 pm

Post Re: US Government is not Christian notwanghere
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Don't you ever watch TV?

Girth is right about the money for votes scheme. And every dollar that is given to the government is another dollar that cannot be given in the name of Jesus. Just another godless government entitlement.

Yes I do. But apparently not enough to have me as fully informed as you. I will have to watch more tv. What do you recommend the WWE?

Thanks for the advice.

Those godless entitlements fed a child tonight, those godless entitlements provided some aged person with a bed and food. Those godless entitlements have provided shelter for a family which just lost their husband and father. "In so much as you have done it unto them, you have done it unto me."

I agree about money for votes. But enough about George Bush and hallibuton.

I thoroughly disagree with you, and find no value in discussing this with you.
Acts Enthusiast
2/13/06 8:58 pm

Post .. Land of Middle Girth
I thoroughly disagree with you, and find no value in discussing this with you.---

Who?

Re: The money feeding a child and putting an old person in a warm bed, I would submit that the huge bureaucracy and administration and overhead costs mean that for every dollar that is stolen from you by the government who enforces the theft by using their guns if you choose to not let them steal it, only pennies actually help those who need the help.

Take Atlanta. A fraction of the money stolen from all the Christians from all the denominations and congregations in the metro area and create a multi-denominational center for the homeless. Less overhead, more compassion.
Acts Enthusiast
2/14/06 12:43 am

Post Land notwanghere
Would you propose the dissolution of the Federal Govt. as it relates to social programs, and the total maintenance of the needy by the Church? Or to whom should that obligation be given?

I believe the waste needs to be addressed, but not the responsibility.
Acts Enthusiast
2/14/06 1:21 am

Post Re: Land Land of Middle Girth
notwanghere wrote:
Would you propose the dissolution of the Federal Govt. as it relates to social programs, and the total maintenance of the needy by the Church? Or to whom should that obligation be given?

I believe that the federal government should abide by what is laid out in the Constitution. That would mean any and all social aid would be maintained by the states if they so chose to do so. The true burden of responsibility is the Christians who should do so, not in order to purchase votes and power with the money of those who have earned it by giving it to those who have not, but because we are taught to. It is our moral obligation to do so.

I also believe that the smaller the bureaucracy, the more effective the program.
Acts Enthusiast
2/14/06 1:26 am

Post Re: Land notwanghere
Land of Middle Girth wrote:
notwanghere wrote:

I believe that the federal government should abide by what is laid out in the Constitution. That would mean any and all social aid would be maintained by the states if they so chose to do so.

I have been ridiculed by some as daring to imply there is a difference in the concepts held by much of the South from those held in the North! I can't believe this is a States right discussion.

Land the war was fought. Federalism won over States rights.

I know the 10th Amendment has been the object of much consternation by those in the States rights camp, but again and again the Courts have upheld the current system.

Let's not engage in what might have been, but what is. As such I believe the funding for Federal social programs should be increased. The cuts the current administration is making to social programs are disgraceful.

As I have stated previously I believe the war on terrorism is real. I also believe the President should do what every other wartime President has done, and that is raise taxes. Not cut programs.
Acts Enthusiast
2/14/06 1:35 am

Post Re: Land Land of Middle Girth
notwanghere wrote:
Land of Middle Girth wrote:
notwanghere wrote:

I believe that the federal government should abide by what is laid out in the Constitution. That would mean any and all social aid would be maintained by the states if they so chose to do so.

I have been ridiculed by some as daring to imply there is a difference in the concepts held by much of the South from those held in the North! I can't believe this is a States right discussion.

Land the war was fought. Federalism won over States rights.

I know the 10th Amendment has been the object of much consternation by those in the States rights camp, but again and again the Courts have upheld the current system.

Let's not engage in what might have been, but what is. As such I believe the funding for Federal social programs should be increased. The cuts the current administration is making to social programs are disgraceful.

As I have stated previously I believe the war on terrorism is real. I also believe the President should do what every other wartime President has done, and that is raise taxes. Not cut programs.

The last thing in my brain was North vs South and the civil war. And if the courts have upheld something is neither here nor there as they are a flawed people subject to corruption as the lot of them are. Their motivation is that of power, not constitutionality. If it were the latter, they would strike down any unnecessary federal program from existence.

Regarding war, what we have now is, rather than a abuse of taxation, such as WWII, as much as an abuse of privacy. The whole reason we have taxes withdrawn from our checks every month is because during WWII, additional monies were needed for the war effort. However, greed set in and as we know, the government will never do with less. AND they figured out that with a withholding of taxes every check, they can take more and we won't care. Because we don't write a 6,000 check every April. It's stolen every month. Slowly.

In fact, during war time, it should have been the duty to say: OK, no more hair braiding, no more this and that. The government teat is shut off with a huge clothes pin. All the money that went into these programs will now be diverted to winning the war. That is what should have been done.

And when the war is over, and people have figured out how to braid their own hair, reduce taxes, operate on the minimum and wait a few years for the corruption to set back in again.
Acts Enthusiast
2/14/06 2:27 am

Post Almost hijacking of the thread. Not a post on U.S. politics. Wimauma
Nowhere did we say that by questioning the hatred apparently espoused by some on this board does that make us pacifists.

I know which Saul was being referenced, my point was that there was another Saul that God accepted even though he was actively attacking the Church.

I stated from the start that this isn't political, but some seem to be myopic in their views.

The beauty about living in this country (at least for a while longer) is that we are free to express ourselves. That means that those that seem to follow the "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" path are free to not only feel that way, but to say that's how they feel.

I just don't see how that attitude lines up with the words of Christ.
2/14/06 9:43 am

Post Re: Almost hijacking of the thread. Not a post on U.S. polit notwanghere
Wimauma wrote:
Nowhere did we say that by questioning the hatred apparently espoused by some on this board does that make us pacifists.

I know which Saul was being referenced, my point was that there was another Saul that God accepted even though he was actively attacking the Church.

I stated from the start that this isn't political, but some seem to be myopic in their views.

The beauty about living in this country (at least for a while longer) is that we are free to express ourselves. That means that those that seem to follow the "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" path are free to not only feel that way, but to say that's how they feel.

I just don't see how that attitude lines up with the words of Christ.

What are you some kind of Christian liberal nut? ROFL
Acts Enthusiast
2/15/06 12:53 am

Post pacifists Land of Middle Girth
Quote:

This was in response to a post made in another thread by a poster in this thread.

Quote:
"kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out"

This is typically born out of anger in response to some sort of attack, such as 911, heads being ripped off with dull blades, that sort of thing.

We are free to express our opinions, but I don't think any reasonable thinking person can say that not only America, but the world is becoming more hostile towards Christianity.
Acts Enthusiast
2/15/06 2:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic