Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is there a blessing that comes from keeping the 613 OT laws?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bradfreeman
Isa 58:12 wrote:
brad, your whole summation of the law in New Testament is in contradictory to the old, you're not understanding what you're saying brad. Like I said in another thread if there are a few verses that agree with letter "A", but the rest of the Bible agrees with letter "B", letter "B" is right. You just want the Law to say what you think it says, and that contradicts the whole Bible, even contradicts the New Testament on scriptures

Let go of of your interpretation. Prov 3:5; trust in the L-rd with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths

Shalom

The old has passed away, the new has come.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/25/18 10:05 am

Post Isa 58:12
bradfreeman wrote:
brad, your whole summation of the law in New Testament is in contradictory to the old, you're not understanding what you're saying brad. Like I said in another thread if there are a few verses that agree with letter "A", but the rest of the Bible agrees with letter "B", letter "B" is right. You just want the Law to say what you think it says, and that contradicts the whole Bible, even contradicts the New Testament on scriptures

Let go of of your interpretation. Prov 3:5; trust in the L-rd with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths

Shalom

The old has passed away, the new has come.

I truly believe brad, you know that's incorrect. You're just fighting G-d and trying to keep your position, because you like those things, you don't want to be under G-d's Authority, u think you're right

But let go of how you believe and how you think and look at it in the scale of the whole Bible nothing contradicts itself with keeping Torah, Sabbath, Feasts, dietary, love your neighbor, love G-d. John 14:15

Shalom
2/25/18 10:59 am

Post bradfreeman
I truly believe brad, you know that's incorrect. You're just fighting G-d and trying to keep your position, because you like those things, you don't want to be under G-d's Authority, u think you're right

Laughing Well, which is it? Do I know it's incorrect or do I think it's right? Laughing

Quote:
But let go of how you believe and how you think and look at it in the scale of the whole Bible nothing contradicts itself with keeping Torah, Sabbath, Feasts, dietary, love your neighbor, love G-d. John 14:15

Shalom

The new doesn't contradict the old. The new is simply "not like" the old, it's better.

Heb. 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,

“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.

Love fulfills the law. Self-less love surpasses the law.

As for your reference to John 14:15, Jesus just gave them His commandments:

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14:11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

John, who wrote the gospel of John, didn't screw this up by failing to list the 10 commandments in 1 John. John, through the Holy Spirit, got it right when He said:

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 2:56 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

Laughing Well, which is it? Do I know it's incorrect or do I think it's right? Laughing

Quote:

Shalom

The new doesn't contradict the old. The new is simply "not like" the old, it's better.

Heb. 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,

“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.

Love fulfills the law. Self-less love surpasses the law.

As for your reference to John 14:15, Jesus just gave them His commandments:

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14:11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

John, who wrote the gospel of John, didn't screw this up by failing to list the 10 commandments in 1 John. John, through the Holy Spirit, got it right when He said:

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Lol,. Do u have a problem reading? Lol, sorry, not making fun but I said: u know what "ur saying" (in the thread above with scripture) is incorrect, & I said ur fighting G-ds Authority in u "think" ur right....u think ur way, authority is right

& We have been over Heb 8, but I'll point out one more thing again, who is the New Covenant spoken to and for? Y'sreal & Y'huda, not gentiles.... Btw, all of the Torah, Commandments are a Covenant, & G-d is not the G-d who breaks Covenant Ps 89:34. & gentiles get grafted into that Way of Life in Rom 11:17😉

But yes brad, love is the driving force to do what G-d says, if u don't love Him u wont do anything. Like the unsaved people brad. 1 John 3:24, what steps the Commandments that ate spoken there when there's no such thing as NT scriptures, & how many do u keep?
2/25/18 3:15 pm

Post bradfreeman
& We have been over Heb 8, but I'll point out one more thing again, who is the New Covenant spoken to and for? Y'sreal & Y'huda, not gentiles....

No, the new covenant is spoken to the household of faith, the true Jew.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Quote:
Btw, all of the Torah, Commandments are a Covenant, & G-d is not the G-d who breaks Covenant Ps 89:34. & gentiles get grafted into that Way of Life in Rom 11:17😉

God didn't break covenant. God fulfilled covenant. God sent His Word, Jesus, to fulfill and He fulfilled. God's Word did not return to Him without accomplishing (fulfilling) all that He was sent to perform.
So the law has been changed - there is a new covenant, a new priesthood, a new commandment, a new sacrifice offered to open a new and living way for new creatures.

Quote:
But yes brad, love is the driving force to do what G-d says, if u don't love Him u wont do anything. Like the unsaved people brad. 1 John 3:24, what steps the Commandments that ate spoken there when there's no such thing as NT scriptures, & how many do u keep?

I keep all of His commandments. I believe and I love (which fulfills any command that He has ever given).

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 3:24 pm

bradfreeman wrote:
& We have been over Heb 8, but I'll point out one more thing again, who is the New Covenant spoken to and for? Y'sreal & Y'huda, not gentiles....

No, the new covenant is spoken to the household of faith, the true Jew.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Quote:
Btw, all of the Torah, Commandments are a Covenant, & G-d is not the G-d who breaks Covenant Ps 89:34. & gentiles get grafted into that Way of Life in Rom 11:17😉

God didn't break covenant. God fulfilled covenant. God sent His Word, Jesus, to fulfill and He fulfilled. God's Word did not return to Him without accomplishing (fulfilling) all that He was sent to perform.
So the law has been changed - there is a new covenant, a new priesthood, a new commandment, a new sacrifice offered to open a new and living way for new creatures.

Quote:

I keep all of His commandments. I believe and I love (which fulfills any command that He has ever given).

No brad, do u c what u did? Ur trying to pin 2 Scriptures together, the New Covenant is to Y'sreal, & it says nothing Rom 2 says. The Jews had to live by faith as we do

I think by what I can u say is spoken by Messiah in Matt 15:8; this people draws close to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, 9 but in vain do they worship Me teaching for the doctrines and the "commandments of men".

I'm sorry brad, I'm really sorry, ur deceived, you're not keeping his Commandments, because you say we don't have to. That's double-minded, it's like sometimes you're trying to play both sides of the fence, and it's never going to work 😢. You have come up with some horrible ideas trying to use scripture to Hold Your Position that u don't have to keep G-d's Law's

I will ask the question one more time, it's another one that's dodged a lot. If Messiah Yeshua fulfilled and remove the Law for people, why are the apostles all throughout the New Testament still keeping the Feasts the Sabbath eating right Etc after Messiah died. did they not get the memo
2/25/18 3:55 pm

Post bradfreeman
No brad, do u c what u did? Ur trying to pin 2 Scriptures together, the New Covenant is to Y'sreal, & it says nothing Rom 2 says. The Jews had to live by faith as we do

You just don't understand who Israel is.

Quote:
I'm sorry brad, I'm really sorry, ur deceived, you're not keeping his Commandments, because you say we don't have to.

I'm not keeping the Old Covenant commandments, because that's not the covenant I'm under.
I'm under a new covenant where is sin not my master BECAUSE I'm not under law.

Rom 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Quote:
That's double-minded, it's like sometimes you're trying to play both sides of the fence, and it's never going to work 😢. You have come up with some horrible ideas trying to use scripture to Hold Your Position that u don't have to keep G-d's Law's

I have to keep the new covenant laws written on my heart.

Yours is the double-mind.
You have a mind set on the flesh, feasts, rule-keeping and Sabbaths.
You have a mind set on the Spirit - giving lip-service to redemption.

Rm 8:6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Quote:
I will ask the question one more time, it's another one that's dodged a lot. If Messiah Yeshua fulfilled and remove the Law for people, why are the apostles all throughout the New Testament still keeping the Feasts the Sabbath eating right Etc after Messiah died. did they not get the memo

I've answered this several times. I'll answer it yet again.

It was ingrained in them. They were still deciding, 15 years into the new covenant, if a man needed to cut the skin off his wee wee to be a Christian. Paul got the revelation of righteousness by faith and moved the Apostle's into it. When the men from James showed up in Galatians 2, Peter and Barnabas backed off of this new-found freedom from the Law and Paul called them hypocrites and plainly said they were not being straightforward about the truth of the gospel.

They moved a long way in Acts 15 only prohibiting fornication and hanging onto a couple of dietary restrictions. Paul stood fast in the liberty Christ brought us into and confirmed the teachings of Jesus (in Mat 15:11) that "nothing that enters into a man defiles him." Paul made it clear that:

Weak faith = more OT law
Strong faith = more freedom from OT law

Rom 14:1 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

The OT law is no longer the governor for his actions:

1 Cor 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor.

We are free to eat anything we want.

Rom 14:14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

1 Cor 10:25 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake[/i]

1 Tim 4:4 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

This went beyond the steps the Apostles took Acts 15. More faith = more freedom from the OT law that bound them.

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 5:11 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

You just don't understand who Israel is.

Quote:
I'm sorry brad, I'm really sorry, ur deceived, you're not keeping his Commandments, because you say we don't have to.

I'm not keeping the Old Covenant commandments, because that's not the covenant I'm under.
I'm under a new covenant where is sin not my master BECAUSE I'm not under law.

Rom 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Quote:
That's double-minded, it's like sometimes you're trying to play both sides of the fence, and it's never going to work 😢. You have come up with some horrible ideas trying to use scripture to Hold Your Position that u don't have to keep G-d's Law's

I have to keep the new covenant laws written on my heart.

Yours is the double-mind.
You have a mind set on the flesh, feasts, rule-keeping and Sabbaths.
You have a mind set on the Spirit - giving lip-service to redemption.

Rm 8:6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Quote:

I've answered this several times. I'll answer it yet again.

It was ingrained in them. They were still deciding, 15 years into the new covenant, if a man needed to cut the skin off his wee wee to be a Christian. Paul got the revelation of righteousness by faith and moved the Apostle's into it. When the men from James showed up in Galatians 2, Peter and Barnabas backed off of this new-found freedom from the Law and Paul called them hypocrites and plainly said they were not being straightforward about the truth of the gospel.

They moved a long way in Acts 15 only prohibiting fornication and hanging onto a couple of dietary restrictions. Paul stood fast in the liberty Christ brought us into and confirmed the teachings of Jesus (in Mat 15:11) that "nothing that enters into a man defiles him." Paul made it clear that:

Weak faith = more OT law
Strong faith = more freedom from OT law

Rom 14:1 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

The OT law is no longer the governor for his actions:

1 Cor 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor.

We are free to eat anything we want.

Rom 14:14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

1 Cor 10:25 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake[/i]

1 Tim 4:4 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

This went beyond the steps the Apostles took Acts 15. More faith = more freedom from the OT law that bound them.

I don't understand who Y'sreal is🤔....🙄. & Sure brad, you don't have to keep any command me don't want to. Oh, btw this proves you don't read any I show you in Scripture. You don't love G-d, 1 John 5:3; for this is the love of G-d,, that we keep His Commandments, and His Commandments are not burdensome

That vercellone squash is all the nonsense you said above, because when this was pinned out in the letter there is no New Testament
2/25/18 5:21 pm

If you have a comment Brad start a new one this is to long
2/25/18 5:22 pm

Post bradfreeman
I don't understand who Y'sreal is🤔....🙄. & Sure brad, you don't have to keep any command me don't want to. Oh, btw this proves you don't read any I show you in Scripture. You don't love G-d, 1 John 5:3; for this is the love of G-d,, that we keep His Commandments, and His Commandments are not burdensome

His commands aren't burdensome. Moses commands, however, were "impossible" and an unbearable yoke.

Mark 10:19 You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” ...25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 They were even more astonished and said to Him, “Then who can be saved?” 27 Looking at them, Jesus *said, “With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”

Acts 15:5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses.”

6 The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said...He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.”

No, His yoke is easy, not burdensome. John had already explained what these commandments were.

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 5:51 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

His commands aren't burdensome. Moses commands, however, were "impossible" and an unbearable yoke.

Mark 10:19 You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” ...25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 They were even more astonished and said to Him, “Then who can be saved?” 27 Looking at them, Jesus *said, “With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”

Acts 15:5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses.”

6 The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said...He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.”

No, His yoke is easy, not burdensome. John had already explained what these commandments were.

I'm Sorry brad, you really don't know who G-d is with you saying that God's laws are burdensome and impossible for 1 there is no scripture that says that in the Old Testament for 2 that makes G-d of legalistic G-d in the Old Testament and He puts burdens on a bunch of people that He freed from Egyptian bondage, lawlessness 😕🙄

Look, I'll say it again, show me your view of the Law from the Old Testament, you're not understanding the New Testament scriptures you're twisting and it's not good

So please show me ur theology in the Old Testament like it's some kind of a prophecy that says when Messiah comes This burdensome Law that I have laid before you knowing you can't do it will be done away with and you just live by grace and love. I want to see that verse

I've already shown you all the scripture saying it's forever and you never dress them cuz you can't

Shalom
2/25/18 6:08 pm

Post bradfreeman
So please show me ur theology in the Old Testament like it's some kind of a prophecy that says when Messiah comes This burdensome Law that I have laid before you knowing you can't do it will be done away with and you just live by grace and love. I want to see that verse

I've already shown you all the scripture saying it's forever and you never dress them cuz you can't

Shalom

Christ fulfilled the law. Christ ended the law for righteousness (Rm 10:4), blessing (Gal 3:9; Eph 1:3) and life (Jn 3:16; Jn 5:24, Rm 1:16-1Cool. The law was only "added" "until the seed would come" (Gal 3:16-19) The seed was Christ (Gal 3:16).

Here are a few passages prophesying about my theology.

Prophecy of a new covenant (The writer of Hebrews quotes in Heb. 8 and 10):

Jer 29:31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Prophecy of coming redemption (Paul quoted from in Rom 10):

Isa 52:6 Therefore My people shall know My name; therefore in that day I am the one who is speaking, ‘Here I am.’”

7 How lovely on the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who announces peace
And brings good news of happiness,
Who announces salvation,
And says to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
8 Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices,
They shout joyfully together;
For they will see with their own eyes
When the Lord restores Zion.
9 Break forth, shout joyfully together,
You waste places of Jerusalem;
For the Lord has comforted His people,
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord has bared His holy arm
In the sight of all the nations,
That all the ends of the earth may see
The salvation of our God.

Prophecy of new covenant redemption (Paul quoted from throughout Romans):

Isa 53:1 Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
And like a root out of parched ground;
He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him,
Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
3 He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.

7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away;
And as for His generation, who considered
That He was cut off out of the land of the living
For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
9 His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

10 But the Lord was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring,
He will prolong His days,
And the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand.
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
As He will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great,
And He will divide the booty with the strong;
Because He poured out Himself to death,
And was numbered with the transgressors;
Yet He Himself bore the sin of many,
And interceded for the transgressors.

Prophecy of a new covenant (Paul quoted from in Gal 4):

Isa 54: 1 “Shout for joy, O barren one, you who have borne no child;
Break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed;
For the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous
Than the sons of the married woman,” says the Lord.
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent;
Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not;
Lengthen your cords
And strengthen your pegs.
3 “For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left.
And your descendants will possess nations
And will resettle the desolate cities.

4 “Fear not, for you will not be put to shame;
And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced;
But you will forget the shame of your youth,
And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.
5 “For your husband is your Maker,
Whose name is the Lord of hosts;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel,
Who is called the God of all the earth.
6 “For the Lord has called you,
Like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit,
Even like a wife of one’s youth when she is rejected,”
Says your God.
7 “For a brief moment I forsook you,
But with great compassion I will gather you.
8 “In an outburst of anger
I hid My face from you for a moment,
But with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on you,”
Says the Lord your Redeemer.

9 “For this is like the days of Noah to Me,
When I swore that the waters of Noah
Would not flood the earth again;
So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you
Nor will I rebuke you.
10 “For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,”
Says the Lord who has compassion on you.

11 “O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted,
Behold, I will set your stones in antimony,
And your foundations I will lay in sapphires.
12 “Moreover, I will make your battlements of rubies,
And your gates of crystal,
And your entire wall of precious stones.
13 “All your sons will be taught of the Lord;
And the well-being of your sons will be great.
14 “In righteousness you will be established;
You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear;
And from terror, for it will not come near you.
15 “If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me.
Whoever assails you will fall because of you.
16 “Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals
And brings out a weapon for its work;
And I have created the destroyer to ruin.
17 “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.

Continued prophecy of a new covenant where everything is free (Paul quoted in 1 Cor 9. It also shows that Christ fulfilled the law (Mat 5:17) in verse 11):

Isa 55:1 “Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters;
And you who have no money come, buy and eat.
Come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without cost.

2 “Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And delight yourself in abundance.
3 “Incline your ear and come to Me.
Listen, that you may live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
According to the faithful mercies shown to David.
4 “Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
A leader and commander for the peoples.
5 “Behold, you will call a nation you do not know,
And a nation which knows you not will run to you,
Because of the Lord your God, even the Holy One of Israel;
For He has glorified you.”

6 Seek the Lord while He may be found;
Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
And let him return to the Lord,
And He will have compassion on him,
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

12 “For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
13 “Instead of the thorn bush the cypress will come up,
And instead of the nettle the myrtle will come up,
And it will be a memorial to the Lord,
For an everlasting sign which will not be cut off.”

Acts-dicted
2/26/18 6:38 am

brad, I have a Bible, you can just give one or two verses, you don't got to copy and paste the whole Bible to me. And I know those scriptures brad, I asked you to show me where the change in the Law is to where it is going to be gone, no more, fulfilled

But I've noticed you do that when you can't answer the question I think. I'm not against you brad, I'm really not, I'm sure you're a nice guy. But what you're saying is not biblical and it's very dangerous for you, and everyone who you talk to if you tell them this. Because you never answer what I put down in the OT, you go off on your view your thoughts of New Testament verses you never addressed the verses I give you in the Torah

Yes of course those verses are speaking of a New Covenant coming, not new Laws, in the Old Testament G-d Commanded them to write the Laws on their heart, themselves. In the New Covenant G-d writes the Laws/Torah on our hearts😉
2/26/18 9:24 pm

Post bradfreeman
brad, I have a Bible, you can just give one or two verses, you don't got to copy and paste the whole Bible to me. And I know those scriptures brad, I asked you to show me where the change in the Law is to where it is going to be gone, no more, fulfilled

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Luke 24:44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Turn to Christ and away from Moses (hear Him say it is fulfilled) and He'll open your mind to understand the scriptures just like He did these pilgrim on the road to Emmaus.

Quote:
But I've noticed you do that when you can't answer the question I think. I'm not against you brad, I'm really not, I'm sure you're a nice guy.

So, you're saying I've given you too much scripture showing a new covenant was coming and that it would be "not like" the old covenant. Laughing

Quote:
Yes of course those verses are speaking of a New Covenant coming, not new Laws, in the Old Testament G-d Commanded them to write the Laws on their heart, themselves. In the New Covenant G-d writes the Laws/Torah on our hearts😉

God doesn't write the letter that kills, ministers death, ministers condemnation, brings wrath, increases sin, gives opportunity to sin, empowers sin and that is weak and useless to make anyone perfect on our hearts.

He writes the new laws of faith, love, life and freedom on our hearts.

Acts-dicted
2/27/18 7:18 am

Post YES, there is a blessing!!! Aaron Scott
By following every one of the 613 laws, you get to feel superior. That's important.

Further, by doing so, you get to save yourself the unnecessary stress of having to type ALL THREE LETTERS of "God." One the other hand, you can't just say "Jesus" any longer, but have to call Him by some long Hebrew name that no one really knows except those who either speak Hebrew or want to be Jews. BUT THAT'S A GOOD THING...because you get to feel superior.

The worst thing about Judaizers is the pretension. They simply cannot help but feeling a little (or a lot) superior to those who don't see it like they do.

And THAT is the wondrous blessing of the 613 laws!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/27/18 4:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic