Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Which of the 613 OT laws are "binding?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: You're a little short on ... bradfreeman
Isa 58:12 wrote:
The Law is a Covenant/Promise that cannot be broken or removed, or G-d to be a liar and double-minded. To Hats not the G-d I serve

Heh, heh. You keep using the words broken and removed.

How about fulfilled? Can a covenant be fulfilled? Laughing

If the law couldn't be fulfilled by Jesus, then Jesus had no business claim that God sent Him to do just that - fulfill the law.

Heb 8:13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/25/18 4:53 pm

Post Re: You're a little short on ... Isa 58:12
bradfreeman wrote:
The Law is a Covenant/Promise that cannot be broken or removed, or G-d to be a liar and double-minded. To Hats not the G-d I serve

If the law couldn't be fulfilled by Jesus, then Jesus had no business claim that God sent Him to do just that - fulfill the law.

Heb 8:13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Give me the scripture saying the Law needs or needed to be fulfilled
2/25/18 5:12 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

Sure, take a good look at Deut 28 and Deut 30:15. If it is a matter of life or death - life if I keep it, death if I don't - then it NEEDS to be fulfilled. Jesus fulfilled it.

He lived the life the law required.
He died the death I required.
Now I enjoy His righteousness and His life as a free gift I receive by faith.

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 5:28 pm

bradfreeman wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:

Sure, take a good look at Deut 28 and Deut 30:15. If it is a matter of life or death - life if I keep it, death if I don't - then it NEEDS to be fulfilled. Jesus fulfilled it.

He lived the life the law required.
He died the death I required.
Now I enjoy His righteousness and His life as a free gift I receive by faith.

You keep the laws in any situation you find yourself in brad.. as I have said rejoice, you don't have to keep the woman's laws, if you're not a farmer you don't have to keep those lies, if you don't have animals you don't have to keep those laws.....etc

I asked you where G-d says it is requirement that you "fulfill" these laws, or it is a requirement for the Messiah to fulfill these laws. But you're right, keeping the Law is Life/Righteousness, not keeping His Law is death/sin, having the Messiah is Life/Righteousness, not having Him is death/sinners.... Y'shua is the Word made flesh ( don't u call the Law flesh?🤔). They go together, you throw out One you throw out the other because there was no new testament when this was said
2/25/18 5:38 pm

You keep the laws in any situation you find yourself in brad.. as I have said rejoice, you don't have to keep the woman's laws, if you're not a farmer you don't have to keep those lies, if you don't have animals you don't have to keep those laws.....etc

I asked you where G-d says it is requirement that you "fulfill" these laws, or it is a requirement for the Messiah to fulfill these laws. But you're right, keeping the Law is Life/Righteousness, not keeping His Law is death/sin, having the Messiah is Life/Righteousness, not having Him is death/sinners.... Y'shua is the Word made flesh ( don't u call the Law flesh?🤔). They go together, you throw out One you throw out the other because there was no new testament when this was said

Jesus was the "logos" not the "nomos."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (logos), and the Word (logos) was with God, and the Word (logos) was God.

John 1:17 For the Law (nomos) was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

I follow the Spirit, not the letter.

2 Cor 3:17,18 clearly say the Lord is the Spirit, not the letter.

The Law bore witness of Jesus. He didn't bear witness of Himself, otherwise His witness isn't true.

John 5:31 “If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true... 38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

Jesus isn't the Scriptures. He's the Word.

Acts-dicted
2/25/18 5:59 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (logos), and the Word (logos) was with God, and the Word (logos) was God.

John 1:17 For the Law (nomos) was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

The Law bore witness of Jesus. He didn't bear witness of Himself, otherwise His witness isn't true.

John 5:31 “If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true... 38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

brad, I'm speechless....
2/25/18 6:15 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

brad, I'm speechless....

We keep Torah/Law BY the Spirit, not the letter....
2/26/18 9:36 pm

You may be attempting to keep the Law. But it's not God helping you do it.

He doesn't make you adequate as a servant of the letter.

2 Cor 3:5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

No, the fruit of the Spirit is not Law-keeping, it's love.

Acts-dicted
2/27/18 7:03 am

bradfreeman wrote:

You may be attempting to keep the Law. But it's not God helping you do it.

He doesn't make you adequate as a servant of the letter.

2 Cor 3:5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

No, the fruit of the Spirit is not Law-keeping, it's love.

&If u love G-d brad, u will keep His Commandments, it's that simple. & If u believe Y'shua is G-d, & He is, how many Commandments did He write? All of them😏

What, u can't keep the Shabbat/Sabbath, u can't keep that day, u keep Sunday? What u can't eat the Way G-d says out of ur love for Him,,? That's a starting point for gentiles to start in Acts 15, it's a requirement

U can't keep G-d's Feasts, there His.... U believe that Y'shua had to come & nail these burdensome laws on a tree cause u can't do them? But u can keep Christmas & Easter & new years....etc, but G-ds Ways are burdensome 🤔

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 3/3/18 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/3/18 7:41 am

&If u love G-d brad, u will keep His Commandments, it's that simple. & If u believe Y'shua is G-d, & He is, how many Commandments did He write? All of them😏

Jesus and John both detailed what "His commandments" are: To believe and love.

Quote:
What, u can't keep the Shabbat/Sabbath, u can't keep that day, u keep Sunday? What u can't eat the Way G-d says out of ur love for Him,,?

I don't keep Sabbath. Sabbath keeps me. Jesus is my Sabbath rest. I believe and have entered that rest and ceased from my own works. I am seated at rest with Christ in Heavenly places.

Quote:
That's a starting point for gentiles to start in Acts 15, it's a requirement

As I explained at length in an earlier post, they moving toward stronger faith and less rules (see Rom 14) and Paul finally arrived at the conclusion that there is nothing unclean of itself and that everything God has created in good and nothing to be refused (1 Tim 4).

Quote:
U can't keep G-d's Feasts, there His.... U believe that Y'shua had to come & nail these burdensome laws on a tree cause u can't do them? But u can keep Christmas & Easter & new years....etc, but G-ds Ways are burdensome 🤔

I don't keep the feasts. The feasts keep me. Christ is the substance of the feasts. Christ realized, accomplished and fulfilled God's ways. His righteousness is now my righteousness.

Rom 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

He who loves His neighbor has kept the Sabbath.

Be aware of and avoid using condemnation and shame to try to compel people to live like Jews.
That's not the ministry of Jesus.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 8:09 am

bradfreeman wrote:

Jesus and John both detailed what "His commandments" are: To believe and love.

Quote:
What, u can't keep the Shabbat/Sabbath, u can't keep that day, u keep Sunday? What u can't eat the Way G-d says out of ur love for Him,,?

I don't keep Sabbath. Sabbath keeps me. Jesus is my Sabbath rest. I believe and have entered that rest and ceased from my own works. I am seated at rest with Christ in Heavenly places.

Quote:
That's a starting point for gentiles to start in Acts 15, it's a requirement

As I explained at length in an earlier post, they moving toward stronger faith and less rules (see Rom 14) and Paul finally arrived at the conclusion that there is nothing unclean of itself and that everything God has created in good and nothing to be refused (1 Tim 4).

Quote:

I don't keep the feasts. The feasts keep me. Christ is the substance of the feasts. Christ realized, accomplished and fulfilled God's ways. His righteousness is now my righteousness.

Rom 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

He who loves His neighbor has kept the Sabbath.

Be aware of and avoid using condemnation and shame to try to compel people to live like Jews.
That's not the ministry of Jesus.

You do know G-d Commands His people to keep his Feasts right? There are His Appointed times & all the apostles in the N.T. kept the Feasts right? So that's going to be a problem for you and you're thinking because it doesn't work in all text of the Bible

😶 & I am not condemning you brad, but if you don't want to learn mistakes, that's fine then we're done. Because what you just said here is not correct, but if you want to hold on to that imagination God will let you, that's called the golden calf like this week's lesson btw

I have been praying for you
3/3/18 9:00 am

You do know G-d Commands His people to keep his Feasts right?

It would be more accurate to say "God commanded His people to keep the Feasts. Christ fulfilled them.

Col 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Quote:
There are His Appointed times & all the apostles in the N.T. kept the Feasts right?

Gal 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

[quote} So that's going to be a problem for you and you're thinking because it doesn't work in all text of the Bible[/quote]

There is no scripture that indicates that the apostles kept the feasts.

Quote:
😶 & I am not condemning you brad, but if you don't want to learn mistakes, that's fine then we're done. Because what you just said here is not correct, but if you want to hold on to that imagination God will let you, that's called the golden calf like this week's lesson btw

I don't feel condemned. But your technique ministers condemnation and there is no condemnation in Christ.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 9:21 am

bradfreeman wrote:
You do know G-d Commands His people to keep his Feasts right?

It would be more accurate to say "God commanded His people to keep the Feasts. Christ fulfilled them.

Col 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Quote:
There are His Appointed times & all the apostles in the N.T. kept the Feasts right?

Gal 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

[quote} So that's going to be a problem for you and you're thinking because it doesn't work in all text of the Bible

There is no scripture that indicates that the apostles kept the feasts.

Quote:

I don't feel condemned. But your technique ministers condemnation and there is no condemnation in Christ.[/quote]

Not all the Feasts are fulfilled brad, the 3 Fall Feasts, Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles....Matt 5:18, not all is well filled just as a small example

Col 2:16 doesn't hold your position for not keeping the Commandments brad, it holds my position for keeping the those Commandments. Let no man judge you in meat, or drink, or in respect of a holy day (Feasts) or the respect of the new moon or of the "Sabbath days". That's for people who keep those things, you don't right now 😏

Gal 4:9 does not hold your position on the Feasts, sorry. That's twisting scripture to try to fit your theology very dangerous

No Scripture indicates that the apostles kept the Feasts, not Pentecost in Acts 2? 🤔. & yes brad, in another thread somewhere I showed all 7 Feasts in the New Testament still being kept and followed

😶, You said you don't feel condemned, but my technique ministers condemnation😶. No clue what ur saying there, sounds like you're playing both sides of the fence 😏, I'm just giving you the scriptures brad, the L-rd is dealing with you, I didn't write the Bible. And you got to ask yourself what do you feel condemned about if I'm just giving you Biblical scriptures with nothing out of context

Shalom

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 3/3/18 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/3/18 9:57 am

Not all the Feasts are fulfilled brad, the 3 Fall Feasts, Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles....Matt 5:18, not all is well filled just as a small example

Col 2:16 doesn't hold your position for not keeping the Commandments brad, it holds my position for keeping the clothes Commandments. Let no man judge you in meat, or drink, or in respect of a holy day (Feasts) or the respect of the new moon or of the "Sabbath days". That's for people who keep those things, you don't right now 😏

Are you acting as my "judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival?" Laughing

Paul is saying the same thing in Col 2 as he did in Rom 14:
Weak faith = keeping feasts and dietary laws.
Strong faith = freedom to eat anything and treat all days the same

Quote:
Gal 4:9 does not hold your position on the Feasts, sorry. That's twisting scripture to try to fix your theology very dangerous

Don't ignore Gal 4:9, explain it.

Quote:
No Scripture indicates that the apostles kept the Feasts, not Pentecost in Acts 2? 🤔. & yes brad, in another thread somewhere I showed all 7 Feasts in the New Testament still being kept and followed

No, you didn't. I showed you that passages you cited simply showed that the apostles met with Jews to share the gospel in their synagogues on their Sabbath or during their feasts. There is NOTHING in there about the apostles keeping the feasts. Even if they did, they would simply be acting like a Jew to win the Jews. Acting like they are under the law when they are not, they are under the law of Christ.

Quote:
😶, You said you don't feel condemned, but my technique ministers condemnation😶. No clue what ur saying there, sounds like you're playing both sides of the fence 😏, I'm just giving you the scriptures brad, the L-rd is dealing with you, I didn't write the Bible.

Laughing

I don't need you to write it. Just read it. All of it, without leaving out the parts that don't suit you.

Quote:
And you got to ask yourself what do you feel condemned about if I'm just giving you Biblical scriptures with nothing out of context

Again, I don't feel condemned at all. Laughing But your technique is to make people feel ashamed. Jesus doesn't do that.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 10:45 am

bradfreeman wrote:

Col 2:16 doesn't hold your position for not keeping the Commandments brad, it holds my position for keeping the clothes Commandments. Let no man judge you in meat, or drink, or in respect of a holy day (Feasts) or the respect of the new moon or of the "Sabbath days". That's for people who keep those things, you don't right now 😏

Are you acting as my "judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival?" Laughing

Paul is saying the same thing in Col 2 as he did in Rom 14:
Weak faith = keeping feasts and dietary laws.
Strong faith = freedom to eat anything and treat all days the same

Quote:
Gal 4:9 does not hold your position on the Feasts, sorry. That's twisting scripture to try to fix your theology very dangerous

Don't ignore Gal 4:9, explain it.

Quote:

No, you didn't. I showed you that passages you cited simply showed that the apostles met with Jews to share the gospel in their synagogues on their Sabbath or during their feasts. There is NOTHING in there about the apostles keeping the feasts. Even if they did, they would simply be acting like a Jew to win the Jews. Acting like they are under the law when they are not, they are under the law of Christ.

Quote:
😶, You said you don't feel condemned, but my technique ministers condemnation😶. No clue what ur saying there, sounds like you're playing both sides of the fence 😏, I'm just giving you the scriptures brad, the L-rd is dealing with you, I didn't write the Bible.

Laughing

I don't need you to write it. Just read it. All of it, without leaving out the parts that don't suit you.

Quote:
And you got to ask yourself what do you feel condemned about if I'm just giving you Biblical scriptures with nothing out of context

Again, I don't feel condemned at all. Laughing But your technique is to make people feel ashamed. Jesus doesn't do that.

😶. Who told u they feel ashamed?
3/3/18 11:00 am

He fulfilled the Feast of Trumpets - Rosh Hashanah by being the Beginning and the End and by being the Head of the body.

He fulfilled the Day of Atonement by being the perfect sacrifice and taking away the sin of the world. Surely, you aren't arguing that Jesus has fulfilled the Day of Atonement!!!

He fulfilled the Feast of Tabernacles (ingathering) by drawing all men unto Himself at the cross (John 12:31,32). When one died, all died (2 Cor 5:14). He tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9). Now we enjoy the "booth" the tabernacle, the place He has prepared for us, we are hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3). We have tabernacled with Him and He and the Father have tabernacled with us (John 14:23).

He accomplished ALL that He was sent to fulfill. He (the Word) did not return to His Father without accomplishing ALL that He was sent to accomplish.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 11:24 am

bradfreeman wrote:

He fulfilled the Feast of Trumpets - Rosh Hashanah by being the Beginning and the End and by being the Head of the body.

He fulfilled the Day of Atonement by being the perfect sacrifice and taking away the sin of the world. Surely, you aren't arguing that Jesus has fulfilled the Day of Atonement!!!

He fulfilled the Feast of Tabernacles (ingathering) by drawing all men unto Himself at the cross (John 12:31,32). When one died, all died (2 Cor 5:14). He tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9). Now we enjoy the "booth" the tabernacle, the place He has prepared for us, we are hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3). We have tabernacled with Him and He and the Father have tabernacled with us (John 14:23).

He accomplished ALL that He was sent to fulfill. He (the Word) did not return to His Father without accomplishing ALL that He was sent to accomplish.

Is that what Acts 13:26-29 said? cause u we're silent wherever I put that 😐. & I'm not going on 85 different threads to answer things here 😒. Come on brad
3/3/18 11:57 am

bradfreeman wrote:

Is that what Acts 13:26-29 said? cause u we're silent wherever I put that 😐. & I'm not going on 85 different threads to answer things here 😒. Come on brad

Acts 13:27 simply says the prophets are read in the synagogue on the Sabbath. It does NOT indicate the Apostles kept the Sabbath or the feasts.

Acts-dicted
3/4/18 2:47 pm

bradfreeman wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:

Acts 13:27 simply says the prophets are read in the synagogue on the Sabbath. It does NOT indicate the Apostles kept the Sabbath or the feasts.

brad, they are Jews, they know their G-d, they kept the Sabbath day just as Messiah did. Btw, we're supposed to imitate Him 😇
3/4/18 9:14 pm

Post Isa 58:12
Paul kept the Passover & commanded the Corinthians to keep it to in 1Cor 5:7-8. Y'shua said do "this" (Passover) in rememberance of Me. The Passover Seder is the exact picture/rememberance of the death and resurrection of Y'shua.
3/4/18 9:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic