Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A question for Isa...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post revuriah
Isa 58:12 wrote:
revuriah wrote:
So what this seems to be a gentile that really appreciates Jewish culture, even writing as a Jewish person would (G-d, L-rd, Y’shua, etc.). I totally understand the love of that culture, but we are not for the most part Jewish. Being grafted in does not mean assimilating to that culture and their customs and laws. The work of righteousness for the Christian comes from Christ’s work on the cross,, “because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:2-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

As this is a continuation from the previous chapter, Paul was clearly speaking of the Law of Moses. He even referred to the 10th commandment (covetousness), Rom. 7:7. So which is it? You seem bent on making the the Mosaic Law binding on the Christian in order to please God. Where does the line get drawn? And how is that any different than the Judaizers? The net result is the same; Law as a requirement to be in right standing with God.

I admit I’m not the sharpest axe in the shed, but I have a firm grasp on solid NT.

I attend church with a Messianic Jew from the Netherlands that does not carry on as Isa 58 does. Great brother in the Lord.

Shabbat Shalom, I haven't talked to you in a long time 🙂. Well let me just start off by asking u N.T. questions since ur solid on it to think about, no answer needed. U + others seem to think I'm "binding" G-ds Laws/Instructions on u.

My questions, how come after the death and resurrection of Messiah the disciples, apostles, are still keeping the Laws / Torah& the N.T. supports that veiw, in all texts of the Bible. Example Rev 14:12: here is the patience of the Saints here are "they" that "keep" the Commandments of G-d and the faith of Y'shua

& is that really true discipleship/imitation of our Savior Y'shua. Because He kept the Laws in " obedience" not in requirement. 1 John 2:6: he that says he abides in Him himself also to walk, even as He walked. Y'shua kept instruction of the father that's John chapter 12 and 14. It's even in the Bible lesson this week I posted😉

And again, I say, it's not about being Jewish or grafted into Y'srael and we do what they do, how else are we going to victim of jealousy if they don't see us doing what they do Rom 11:11. G-d gave them the Oracles of G-d in Rom 3:2.

Everybody's concerned about their cultures, believe me I hear this all the time. We don't turn Jewish our blood doesn't turn Jewish etc. We r grafted into G-ds Way of life He set up for His people. & We're either going to do it, or be just like the children of Y'srael they didn't want to keep His Commandments either

You talked about where does the line get drawn in the sand, I believe God is already Drawing the Line in the Sand, and people are erasing it everyday. That's called editing G-d.

Look, you can live anyway you want but make sure is based upon the Bible in all text of the Bible, not one scripture here one scripture there.

ShabBAT Shalom

What other conclusion can I draw? You believe that Christians ought to keep the Law. Am I to assume all 613 commandments? Where do you draw the line? I know you aren’t sacrificing bulls and goats.

Paul wrote in Romans 13:9-10,
Quote:
“The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So, it seems that to keep the commandments is to love. Jesus said that He gave us a new commandment, to love. Love fulfills the Law.

What I’m hearing when I read your work is, “if you really want to make God happy, keep the Law.” But when I read Hebrews 11:6, I see that what makes God happy isn’t my keeping of a code fulfilled in Christ, but faith. Faith that expresses itself in my life through love (Gal. 5:6).

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/10/18 1:33 pm

Post Isa 58:12
revuriah wrote:
Isa 58:12 wrote:
revuriah wrote:
So what this seems to be a gentile that really appreciates Jewish culture, even writing as a Jewish person would (G-d, L-rd, Y’shua, etc.). I totally understand the love of that culture, but we are not for the most part Jewish. Being grafted in does not mean assimilating to that culture and their customs and laws. The work of righteousness for the Christian comes from Christ’s work on the cross,, “because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:2-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

As this is a continuation from the previous chapter, Paul was clearly speaking of the Law of Moses. He even referred to the 10th commandment (covetousness), Rom. 7:7. So which is it? You seem bent on making the the Mosaic Law binding on the Christian in order to please God. Where does the line get drawn? And how is that any different than the Judaizers? The net result is the same; Law as a requirement to be in right standing with God.

I admit I’m not the sharpest axe in the shed, but I have a firm grasp on solid NT.

I attend church with a Messianic Jew from the Netherlands that does not carry on as Isa 58 does. Great brother in the Lord.

Shabbat Shalom, I haven't talked to you in a long time 🙂. Well let me just start off by asking u N.T. questions since ur solid on it to think about, no answer needed. U + others seem to think I'm "binding" G-ds Laws/Instructions on u.

My questions, how come after the death and resurrection of Messiah the disciples, apostles, are still keeping the Laws / Torah& the N.T. supports that veiw, in all texts of the Bible. Example Rev 14:12: here is the patience of the Saints here are "they" that "keep" the Commandments of G-d and the faith of Y'shua

& is that really true discipleship/imitation of our Savior Y'shua. Because He kept the Laws in " obedience" not in requirement. 1 John 2:6: he that says he abides in Him himself also to walk, even as He walked. Y'shua kept instruction of the father that's John chapter 12 and 14. It's even in the Bible lesson this week I posted😉

And again, I say, it's not about being Jewish or grafted into Y'srael and we do what they do, how else are we going to victim of jealousy if they don't see us doing what they do Rom 11:11. G-d gave them the Oracles of G-d in Rom 3:2.

Everybody's concerned about their cultures, believe me I hear this all the time. We don't turn Jewish our blood doesn't turn Jewish etc. We r grafted into G-ds Way of life He set up for His people. & We're either going to do it, or be just like the children of Y'srael they didn't want to keep His Commandments either

You talked about where does the line get drawn in the sand, I believe G-d is already Drawing the Line in the Sand, and people are erasing it everyday. That's called editing G-d.

Look, you can live anyway you want but make sure is based upon the Bible in all text of the Bible, not one scripture here one scripture there.

ShabBAT Shalom

What other conclusion can I draw? You believe that Christians ought to keep the Law. Am I to assume all 613 commandments? Where do you draw the line? I know you aren’t sacrificing bulls and goats.

Paul wrote in Romans 13:9-10,
Quote:
“The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So, it seems that to keep the commandments is to love. Jesus said that He gave us a new commandment, to love. Love fulfills the Law.

What I’m hearing when I read your work is, “if you really want to make God happy, keep the Law.” But when I read Hebrews 11:6, I see that what makes God happy isn’t my keeping of a code fulfilled in Christ, but faith. Faith that expresses itself in my life through love (Gal. 5:6).

Rom 13:9-10 r dealing with the Laws to our neighbors, which is the last 5 of the 10, not all the Law. Y'shua/G-d said if u love Me keep My Commandments John 14:15. Now how many Commandments there is no number on them☺. All of them 😉

Now please listen lol, we only have to keep the Commandments that pertain to us in any situation of life. Did u read the Bible lesson? & We don't have to keep all the 613 Commandments, no one could or can, that's not their purpose.

Y'shua couldn't keep them all either, as there are Laws for women that no man can fulfill or keep, they're not for us. And this is where the people are weak and what G-d Commands cuz they don't know the Law. People speak on the Law and don't know anything about it. The Law is not complicated or hard or G-d would be a liar in Deut 30:11-14, He has already given what is necessary to keep it. Btw Rom 10:6-8 quotes this😊

& Of course we don't do sacrifices no more, Messiah's the perfect sacrifice Heb 10, no Temple Laws, no Temple, no high priest Laws, Y'shua is our High Priest. A lot of Laws in just those have vanished away.😉

What u see in Heb 11:6 is all about love: but without faith it is impossible to please Him, or he that comes to G-d must believe that He is and that He is a "rewarder" of them that diligently seek Him... 1 John 3:22: and whatsoever we ask, we "receive" (reward) of Him, "because" we "keep" His Commandments / Laws and do those things that are "pleasing" in His sight. & We keep His Laws/Commandments because we love Him John 14:15 😊
2/10/18 2:33 pm

Post Isaiah's better English spartanfan
Wow - his writing skills have improved dramatically from his posts last week until now. Hey guys - he's an actor stirring up controversy. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/10/18 4:54 pm

Post Re: Isaiah's better English Isa 58:12
spartanfan wrote:
Wow - his writing skills have improved dramatically from his posts last week until now. Hey guys - he's an actor stirring up controversy.

🤔 Lol, nope same guy, this is hard to do on my phone, I'm doing talk text now. But thanks, no biblical input today
2/10/18 6:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic