Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Guns and law enforcement (MISTAKES)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Guns and law enforcement (MISTAKES) Cojak
i have though many times that LEO's go over board in arrests, the searches, cuffing, etc. Just my observations NEVER being an LEO, Shore Patrol and MP duties aside
NOW the STORY!.

In the little town of Kings Mountain, NC last night a routine traffic stop and Drugs were found. The guy was so nice and cooperative, he said goodbye to his wife and got into the back of the cruiser, headed for jail.

BANG from the rear seat.

The passenger had killed himself. The officer 'if he remains a LEO' will never take 'nice' over procedure.
I have heard a round go off in confined space before! I can imagine my first thought "Have I just been shot?"

I am sure rolling time back the young LEO is grateful the guy in back didn't kill him first then take his life. But I guess he was 'nice' to the end.

I will never question an arrest procedure again! Shocked Shocked Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/2/18 11:25 am

Post UncleJD
that is scary! It reminds me of a year or two ago when the BLM thing was blowing up and one police department invited several "critics" to come and go through some training. They were AMAZED at how scared they became every time they had to arrest someone and how often they were getting shot and killed (simulation that is). I know it can be infuriating to be spoken to by a cop as if you were a criminal (I have before), and you feel you want to stand up for yourself, but that is NOT the right time to do it. Cops have a hard job and their lives are nearly ALWAYS on the line just because of the badge they wear. People need to comply and respect the badge even though there have been very bad apples, you just don't know when you might make the wrong move on the wrong day to the wrong cop who might be more scared than you think. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/2/18 11:30 am

Post Cojak
I wouldn't know this without the internet. My wife just read this from the local papers back home. I have many kin in Kings Mt., several have took that ride in back of a cruiser. I was scared reading the article.

I lost a great nephew on that same road three weeks ago, but it was a single car accident. No alcohol nor drugs, just a good kid winding out his new Mustang. Crying or Very sad

I can imagine the suicide guys family now. TERRIBLE! Shocked
3/2/18 11:31 am

Post Re: Guns and law enforcement (MISTAKES) Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
i have though many times that LEO's go over board in arrests, the searches, cuffing, etc. Just my observations NEVER being an LEO, Shore Patrol and MP duties aside
NOW the STORY!.

In the little town of Kings Mountain, NC last night a routine traffic stop and Drugs were found. The guy was so nice and cooperative, he said goodbye to his wife and got into the back of the cruiser, headed for jail.

BANG from the rear seat.

The passenger had killed himself. The officer 'if he remains a LEO' will never take 'nice' over procedure.
I have heard a round go off in confined space before! I can imagine my first thought "Have I just been shot?"

I am sure rolling time back the young LEO is grateful the guy in back didn't kill him first then take his life. But I guess he was 'nice' to the end.

I will never question an arrest procedure again! Shocked Shocked Shocked

You mean em cops down in NC didn't search the feller an make shore he didn't have a weapon for they put em in the back a the paddy wagon?
Acts-pert Poster
3/2/18 6:13 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:
I know it can be infuriating to be spoken to by a cop as if you were a criminal (I have before), and you feel you want to stand up for yourself, but that is NOT the right time to do it.

These folk put their lives on the line every day. If I git stopped, hey, its yessir an nosir. You git cocky with one of em an they might just take you fer a street thug.
Acts-pert Poster
3/2/18 6:17 pm

Post Re: Guns and law enforcement (MISTAKES) Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

You mean em cops down in NC didn't search the feller an make shore he didn't have a weapon for they put em in the back a the paddy wagon?

Turns out this one wasn't a tar heel, he had transferred in from Kenucky! Shocked Wink

But yes siree. Kings Mt. is a small town. Yep the guy yes sir'd and No sir'd. Even apologized for causing Mr. Policeman any trouble. Was nicer than a preacher from Hazard County, KY. REal friendly like they rode off.

How very sad...
3/2/18 7:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic