Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

This week's Bible lesson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post This week's Bible lesson Isa 58:12
This week's Bible Lesson Torah lesson will be beneficial if we read it the readings are in the Torah Exodus 18:1-20:23 & the prophets Isaiah 6:1-7:6, 9:5-6 & the N.T. Matt 19:16-26
Matt 5:8-20 is very good 😇

This will be a good discussion on, and would like to have good conversation in it

Shalom shalom

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 2/3/18 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
2/2/18 8:51 am

Post Isa 58:12
Shabbat Shaloooooooom everybody, has anyone read the lesson yet? ,😇😀
2/3/18 9:46 am

Who all knows that this is our story, of how G-d took us out of our own Egypt's/ sin?

Where is all the Bible scholars and all the Christians? this is a great story about how G-d delivered us. From Darkness to light 😇
2/3/18 12:24 pm

Post One thing I want to bring up in this lesson Isa 58:12
Ex 20:19-20 (16-17). And all the people said to Moshe, you speak with us and we will hear but let not G-d speak with us lest we die and Moshe said to the people fear not for G-d has come to "test you" and so that his fear maybe before your faces that you will "not" sin...

G-d tested them & He tests everyone today if we're going to keep His Commandments or not. Man is so slow to pledge his Allegiance to Adonai because we fear the cost of such devotion, if we allow G-d to speak with us, we might actually have to do what He says and so we don't wish to hear Him lest we die😱. Because make no mistake to obey His voice / his Word is to die to ourselves, to give up our wants, our desires, are self-will, our bacon 😉 and walk in the Ways of Adonai alone 😝
2/3/18 12:36 pm

Also a side note, before G-d pulled the children Y'sreal out out of Egypt/sin, He chose them, pulled them out, THEN gave them His Way/Commandments/Laws/instructions 😀

Same today 😋
2/3/18 12:50 pm

Exodus 20:1-3: and G-d spoke all these words saying, I am I deny your G-d who has brought you out of the the land of Egypt, out of the house of "bondage". You must have no other gods before My face or before Me..

When we serve other gods, or other ways, of our lives our wants, our flesh, ourselves, we are parading our arrogance and pride in the face of G-d.

We may think we are being discreet and how we degrade ourselves, but when we serve other gods, we are literally loving them in His face, we're rubbing his nose in our adulterous rebellion😱

Something to think about
2/3/18 3:14 pm

All these Church of God people & no one has anything to say? How sad 😞
2/3/18 6:48 pm

Post Well boys and girls Isa 58:12
It's a very sad and heartbreaking thing to be on a Christian website and can't have a Bible study, I mean we all have the same Bible right? yes. I forgot what it was like here 8, 16 if you count the day I started years ago, I thought things would have changed, people would be open to truths, but sadly no they have not.

I said this on an email to someone on this board but I think it's for everyone. FYI, the Bible you read is a Jewish Bible, everybody who wrote it was Jewish, everything you read about is Jewish culture inspired by G-ds, Y'shua was and is a Jewish rabbi who died for the sins of the world. Every believer is grafted into Israel and I've are partakers with Israel. Every believer has the same rules as a Jewish people being in the same family. And it's not about being Jewish it's about what God Said and how he wants things

So you can argue with me all day long, you can twist the scriptures all day long, but at the end of the day everything I said is true & if you study the scriptures I've given you you will find that out. But instead people like to argue and that's fine, but very sad

Here is another fact I can show you my faith in all text in the Bible with no contradictions or no breaking of why I keep the Torah and the law stands for the believer, and your denominations cannot do that. I pray for the Lord to open up everybody's eyes even mine. We serve an awesome God and it would be terrible for us to miss the mark because people r too busy with their own agendas & positions

Just some thoughts I had to get out, can't sleep this bothers me, shalom
2/4/18 12:48 am

Post I forgot this is what I wanted to say Isa 58:12
I saw the thread when it first started about removing people off if they don't agree with you or you guys don't agree with them. I know that was pinned at me, by some of the responses. Lol funny thing was, I was blamed for ruining other people's threads, yet I just answered the thread everybody else came with the responses against what I said LOL

But that's fine, I just want to say don't shut people down because you disagree with them, how else r people going to learn how to answer people they come in contact with?

Or How else are you ever going to know if you're right or wrong if you don't really dig into issues that you're confronted with? Its those times that will strengthen you in the days that you need it against people who you really need it for.

Don't be afraid to ask hard questions in fear you're going to get kicked off. And don't be afraid to ask yourself questions of why you don't have an answer for things like, we do not keep the fourth Commandment in the 10 about the Sabbath and where did Sunday come from, why don't we keep the Lord's Feasts, why don't we have to keep God's Laws, why don't we eat kosher, ask yourself those questions

Andn't be afraid when you see you kicked someone's Apple carts over, they'll get over it if it's done in love. A true friend is someone that will tell you the truth no matter how much it hurts

So don't b so afraid, everything and nothing you said bother me I could sit and talk to you guys all day long

Shalom
2/4/18 1:11 am

Post N.T. says..... Isa 58:12
Here is a story in the New Testament I would like to point out, this is after the death burial and resurrection of Messiah. My question to everyone here is, did they not get the memo from Messiah about the Law being fulfilled? watch😏

Acts 6:9-15. Vs 9, and there arose "certain" of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of The Libertines, and Cyrenians, and the Alexandrians, & all of them of Cilica and of Asia "disputing" with Steven. Vs 10, and they were "not able" to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spake

Vs 11, then "they" "suborned men" which said "we" have heard him speak Blasphemous words "against" Moshe/Law and "against" God (they just said they were not able to resist the wisdom Steven had inverse 10, this is a lie)

Vs12, and "they" (certain men vs 9 & suborned men vs 11) "stirred up the people" and the elders and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council. Vs 13, and setup "false Witnesses" which said this man ceases not to speak Blasphemous words "against" this holy place "and the Law" (lie)

Vs 14, for "we" "have heard him" (lie vs13) say, that this Y'shua of Nazareth shall destroy this place "and" "shall" "change" "the" "Customs" "which" "Moshe" (Torah) "delivered us"... (Lie)

So when reading these verses in the New Testament of Acts, way after Messiah was crucified and rose again, why all the lies against Messiah saying that He changed the Law, when on the cross he said it was finished did they not get the memo? Or have we been reading into what Y'shua said about the Law was finished on the cross, when He certainly was not.

Steven was killed over a bunch of Lies, who else was killed over bunch of Lies? 😏

Something to think about and talk about what do you think 😉. If you don't want to talk about it with me please talk about it with someone work this out this is your faith and the G-d you serve. Prov 26:2' it is the glory of the G-d to conceal a thing, and kings to search out the matter...
2/4/18 1:08 pm

Post No comment? Isa 58:12
That's the New Testament concerning the Law, that most people say is done away with. Steven was killed because of Lies saying Messiah came to change the Law. What does that mean ....

He didn't do away with it 😋
2/4/18 5:13 pm

Post Acts 10 Isa 58:12
Let's see what we come up with we do Acts chapter 10 about the dietary Laws 😃. Let's see if it fits people denominational interpretations 😀

Acts 10:13, and there came a voice to him,arise Peter kill and eat, 14, not so Lord for I have never eaten anything that is common (defiled & forbidden by G-d in Torah Lev 11, Deut 14) or unclean

15, and the voice spoke to him again the second time, what G-d has cleanse don't you call common, 16, this was done three times and was received up again into heaven

Now what's going on if G-d already said what you can and can't eat what's clean unclean animals in his Law? Acts 10:1-4 talking about Cornelius the Centurion, a devout man and one that "feared G-d" with "all" his house and he gave much alms to the people and prayed to G-d always..... So it's safe to say this gentile was saved.

Then Peter falls into a trance verses 9 through 12 and the Lord speaks to him 13 through 16. Vs 17, now while Peter doubted in himself what this Vision which he had meant , behold the men (Gentiles) which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry of Simon's house (vs 5-6) and stood before the gate

18, and called, and asked where Simon, which was her name Peter, we're Lodge there. 19, wow Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, behold three men seek you, 20, arise therefore, and get the down, and go with them, "doubting nothing" (vs17) for I have sent them. 21------

22, and they said, Cornelius the Centurion, a "just man" (Ezek 18:5, Rom 1:17), and one that fears G-d, and of a good report, among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from G-d by and Holy Angel to send for you into his house, and to hear the words of you

Vs 28, and he said unto them, you know how that is an "unlawful thing" for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another Nation (gentile), but G-d has showed me that I should not call any "man" common or unclean

This whole story speaks of people not food. G-d use the illustration of foods because in Lev 11:47 it says,: "to make a difference between" (Ezek 44:23, Mal 3:18, same wording) the unclean and the clean, and between the Beast that may be eaten and the Beast that may not be eaten. Peter didn't want to go to the Gentiles house, he didn't know he was saved, but Cornelius pray that G-d and G-d answered his prayer vs 31 and the greatest Revival was birthed at a Gentiles house

Nothing to do with food that you can eat it😉
2/4/18 5:21 pm

Post Re: Acts 10 Resident Skeptic
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Let's see what we come up with we do Acts chapter 10 about the dietary Laws 😃. Let's see if it fits people denominational interpretations 😀

Acts 10:13, and there came a voice to him,arise Peter kill and eat, 14, not so Lord for I have never eaten anything that is common (defiled & forbidden by G-d in Torah Lev 11, Deut 14) or unclean

15, and the voice spoke to him again the second time, what G-d has cleanse don't you call common, 16, this was done three times and was received up again into heaven

Now what's going on if God already said what you can and can't eat what's clean unclean animals in his Law? Acts 10:1-4 talking about Cornelius the Centurion, a devout man and one that "feared G-d" with "all" his house and he gave much alms to the people and prayed to G-d always..... So it's safe to say this gentile was saved.

Then Peter falls into a trance verses 9 through 12 and the Lord speaks to him 13 through 16. Vs 17, now while Peter doubted in himself what this Visionwhich he had meant , behold the men (Gentiles) which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry of Simon's house (vs 5-6) and stood before the gate

18, and called, and asked where Simon, which was her name Peter, we're Lodge there. 19, wow Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, behold three men seek you, 20, arise therefore, and get the down, and go with them, "doubting nothing" (vs17) for I have sent them. 21------

22, and they said, Cornelius the Centurion, a "just man", and one that fears G-d, and of a good report, among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from G-d by and Holy Angel to send for you into his house, and to hear the words of you

Vs 28, and he said unto them, you know how that is an "unlawful thing" for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another Nation (gentile), but G-d has showed me that I should not call any "man" common or unclean

This whole story speaks of people not food. G-d use the illustration of foods because in Lev 11:47 it says,: "to make a difference between" (Ezek 44:23, Mal 3:18, same wording) the unclean and the clean, and between the Beast that may be eaten and the Beast that may not be eaten. Peter didn't want to go to the Gentiles house, he didn't know he was saved, but Cornelius pray that G-d and G-d answered his prayer vs 31 and the greatest Revival was birthed at a Gentiles house

Nothing to do with food that you can eat it

So blind.

Firstly, Cornelius was not yet saved...

Quote:
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house SHALL be saved. (Acts 11:14)

Secondly, the dietary laws were for national Israel, of which Cornelius was never a part.
2/4/18 5:56 pm

Post Re: Acts 10 Isa 58:12
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Now what's going on if God already said what you can and can't eat what's clean unclean animals in his Law? Acts 10:1-4 talking about Cornelius the Centurion, a devout man and one that "feared G-d" with "all" his house and he gave much alms to the people and prayed to G-d always..... So it's safe to say this gentile was saved.

Then Peter falls into a trance verses 9 through 12 and the Lord speaks to him 13 through 16. Vs 17, now while Peter doubted in himself what this Visionwhich he had meant , behold the men (Gentiles) which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry of Simon's house (vs 5-6) and stood before the gate

22, and they said, Cornelius the Centurion, a "just man", and one that fears G-d, and of a good report, among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from G-d by and Holy Angel to send for you into his house, and to hear the words of you

Nothing to do with food that you can eat it

So blind.

Firstly, Cornelius was not yet saved...

Quote:
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house SHALL be saved. (Acts 11:14)

Secondly, the dietary laws were for national Israel, of which Cornelius was never a part.

He... wasn't? 🤔 hmmmmm, Acts 10:1-2, 4, 22, 31, 34: Then Peter opened his mouth & said, of a Truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons verse 35 but in every nation / Gentile he that fears Him, & "Works" Righteousness (Deut 6:25, walking in the Covenant) is accepted with Him 😊

Looks saved to me stud 😉. Unsaved people don't pray to G-d, don't believe in G-d, do works for G-d, fears G-d, is "just" before G-d, has a good report with G-d...

😊

And your belief in Y'shua grafts u "into" Y'sreal Rom 11:17... So enjoy your kosher meals 😏😁😉
2/4/18 6:23 pm

Post Mishphatim, Judgments.. Isa 58:12
Mishphatim, Judgments is this week's lesson. I'm only bringing it up now because I was reading it and something hit me that pertains what we talked about I just want to bring up the verses and tell me what you think.

Ex 24:3,7-8: and Moshe came in and recounted to the people all the words of Adonai, and all the judgments, and "all the people answered" with "one voice", and said "all the words which Adonai has spoken", "we will do"..... All that which Adonai has spoken "we will do", and "obey"

And Moshe took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, behold the blood of the Covenant which Adonai has made with you, concerning these things

🤔I was just thinking about this myself, our forefathers swore an oath to Adonai, without coercion, they said out loud, we will do and obey everything Adonai has spoken. And I was thinking haven't we as Disciples of Messiah not said the same thing when we got saved? I know I did 🙋

Haven't we all said in our hearts, we will follow daily after the Master, and yet the same question that stands for Y'sreal is for us today. Will the people of G-d keep their word and commitment and honor Him with our obedience?

Something to think about. & Here is the lesson if anyone wants it. Ex 21:1-24:18, prophets Jer 34:8-22; 33:25-26, & N.T. Matt 17:1-13

Shalom
2/4/18 9:27 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Romans 14:13-23

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/5/18 12:03 am

Carolyn Smith wrote:

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Shalom Mrs Carolyn, it's been a long time, I was wondering when u we're going to show up 😇. Interesting that you bring these verses up, do you think I'm judging people here on this board for not keeping kosher, or am I teaching people that G-ds Way is eating kosher?🤔

Are u saying that the people I have been talking to r "weak" in the faith & that me discussing O.T and N.T. truths on this issue (that others bring up 😶) puts a stumbling block in front of them?😮

I'm not judging the person, Y'shua says in John 7:24: judge not according to the "appearance" (of things), but judge "Righteous" Judgement, (judge things according to what I have said in my Torah)

Now "meat" is also a metaphor for being full of age, or mature, as milk describes someone just starting out, a babe👶 Heb 5:12-14. G-d is not slack in His Way, but He is long-suffering, and very patient with us to get His Ways. & There is Mercy for ignorance in the Torah, but once He has open our eyes to the Truth that is up to us to follow it. John 8:32, you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set shall set you free. 😇

I'm not putting down no stumbling blocks😱, just having a discussion on What G-d Says, does He not say eat kosher, does He not say keep my Commandments. That's what we're discussing everybody here are not just saved are they? If so I wouldn't be talking to them like this, and have I not talk to everybody here in love like the previous verses in Romans? 😍 Yes

& Are we supposed to come together in love and work out the Scriptures? I have nothing against anybody here, in fact I enjoy seeing and hearing what everybody has to say. It can be comical it can be encouraging it can be irritating LOL LOL😀. But I have enjoyed everybody here😊

Do you have any thought on these topics?

Shalom
2/5/18 7:41 am

By the way, I'm not speaking to people who don't know what the Bible says, newbies, to put a stumbling block in them, I'm talking to people the speak of a Doctrine that has changed things, or replace things like replacement theology😶
2/5/18 8:53 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Shalom Mrs Carolyn, it's been a long time, I was wondering when u we're going to show up 😇. Interesting that you bring these verses up, do you think I'm judging people here on this board for not keeping kosher, or am I teaching people that G-ds Way is eating kosher?🤔

Are u saying that the people I have been talking to r "weak" in the faith & that me discussing O.T and N.T. truths on this issue (that others bring up 😶) puts a stumbling block in front of them?😮

I'm not judging the person, Y'shua says in John 7:24: judge not according to the "appearance" (of things), but judge "Righteous" Judgement, (judge things according to what I have said in my Torah)

Now "meat" is also a metaphor for being full of age, or mature, as milk describes someone just starting out, a babe👶 Heb 5:12-14. G-d is not slack in His Way, but He is long-suffering, and very patient with us to get His Ways. & There is Mercy for ignorance in the Torah, but once He has open our eyes to the Truth that is up to us to follow it. John 8:32, you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set shall set you free. 😇

I'm not putting down no stumbling blocks😱, just having a discussion on What G-d Says, does He not say eat kosher, does He not say keep my Commandments. That's what we're discussing everybody here are not just saved are they? If so I wouldn't be talking to them like this, and have I not talk to everybody here in love like the previous verses in Romans? 😍 Yes

& Are we supposed to come together in love and work out the Scriptures? I have nothing against anybody here, in fact I enjoy seeing and hearing what everybody has to say. It can be comical it can be encouraging it can be irritating LOL LOL😀. But I have enjoyed everybody here😊

Do you have any thought on these topics?

Shalom

I understand the context of this scripture.

You seem to propose that we should keep the law, which includes what we eat. This scripture points out that the kingdom of God is not based on our diet and that nothing is unclean of itself. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." It seems that this is what we should be focusing on.

I think we all should follow the 10 Commandments, and there is a lot of truth and wisdom in the Law. I think there is a lot we can learn from Jewish culture, etc. But Galatians 3 seems petty clear on what our stance on the Law should be.

I have no desire to argue this with you. Just sharing some scripture for you to ponder.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/5/18 11:00 pm

[quote="Carolyn Smith[/quote]

I understand the context of this scripture.

You seem to propose that we should keep the law, which includes what we eat. This scripture points out that the kingdom of God is not based on our diet and that nothing is unclean of itself. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." It seems that this is what we should be focusing on.

I think we all should follow the 10 Commandments, and there is a lot of truth and wisdom in the Law. I think there is a lot we can learn from Jewish culture, etc. But Galatians 3 seems petty clear on what our stance on the Law should be.

I have no desire to argue this with you. Just sharing some scripture for you to ponder.[/quote]

Shalom beloved, I'm not gonna argue, I hate it 😕. The Law is not Jewish culture, but it is on the sense G-d Commanded them/His people to live like that. To be different, Holy/Set apart from the world. His people keep Sabbath, the world does not, & is a "sign" between G-d & them Ex 31:13 😏. The Sabbath is the 4th of the 10 u rightly believe we should follow. That is something for all to think about 🤔

As what G-d says He wants His people to eat outside of everyone else, there is a big reason. The Laws in Lev r "Purity" Laws 😮, think that can just speak on it self.

Lev 11:44 says: I Am the L-rd your G-d, you shall therefore sanctified yourselves, & u shall b Holy, for I Am Holy..., 🤔, Wait, 1Pet 1:16: because it is "written", (in His Torah) be holy for I am Holy.,... Now is that a different kind of holiness? I find it interesting that G-d didn't say that at the Ten Commandments, He said that in the giving of the dietary Commands, Purity Laws😉

Oh, can you help me with something beloved, in Gal 3:10 about the law being a curse, is that the same Law in Ps 1:1-3? Vs 2: but his Delight is in the Law of the L-rd and in his law does he meditates day and night, is that the same Law?😶

Shalom
2/6/18 10:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic