Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Did Jesus leave part of the law (the feasts) unfulfilled?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Did Jesus leave part of the law (the feasts) unfulfilled? bradfreeman
Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Jesus said the Father sent Him to fulfill the law. Did He? When God sent the Word into the world, did it return to Him without accomplishing ALL it was sent to accomplish? One poster believes Jesus failed to fulfill some of the feasts.

Here are 3 feasts that poster believes Jesus failed to fulfill when He came:

He fulfilled the Feast of Trumpets - Rosh Hashanah by being the Beginning and the End and by being the Head of the body.

He fulfilled the Day of Atonement by being the perfect sacrifice and taking away the sin of the world. Surely, you aren't arguing that Jesus has fulfilled the Day of Atonement!!!

He fulfilled the Feast of Tabernacles (ingathering) by drawing all men unto Himself at the cross (John 12:31,32). When one died, all died (2 Cor 5:14). He tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9). Now we enjoy the "booth" the tabernacle, the place He has prepared for us, we are hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3). We have tabernacled with Him and He and the Father have tabernacled with us (John 14:23).

He accomplished ALL that He was sent to fulfill. He (the Word) did not return to His Father without accomplishing ALL that He was sent to accomplish.

Consider this beautiful Isaiah 55 new covenant promise flowing out of that Isaiah 53 sacrifice:

Isa 55:10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Jesus came to fulfill the law. He succeeded.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/3/18 11:28 am

Post My answer, NO. Mat
My answer, NO. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law of Moses.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/3/18 12:19 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Jesus fulfilled 100% of the Law Acts-pert Poster
3/3/18 12:57 pm

Post Unless you fail to understand Mark Ledbetter
the Feasts of the Lord (not Jewish Feasts) have prophetic implications, and therefore the issue is, therefore, will He fulfill the Feasts with His Return.

Feasts that have been fulfilled:
    Passover through the shedding of HIs blood and broken body thus providing our Redemption (Passover & Unleavened Bread), then First Fruits on the 3rd Day.

Pentecost

Preceding and At His Return:
    Feast of Trumpets beginning the Days of Awe (Prelude to Judgment)

Day of Atonement (Final Redemption, The Last Trump closing Atonement, The Closing of Heaven's Gates - Rev 14-15, prior to the Bowls of Wrath - Rev 16-19)

The Feast of Booths - The Messianic/Millennial Reign Upon the Earth

And what presumptuous conclusions we draw when we box ourselves into an inflexible interpretative model.

Typical allegorical interpretation by the Greek/Western mindset.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
3/4/18 8:11 am

Post Yep... spartanfan
what Mark said!

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/5/18 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/4/18 8:50 am

Post Re: Unless you fail to understand bradfreeman
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
the Feasts of the Lord (not Jewish Feasts) have prophetic implications, and therefore the issue is, therefore, will He fulfill the Feasts with His Return.

Passover through the shedding of HIs blood and broken body thus providing our Redemption (Passover & Unleavened Bread), then First Fruits on the 3rd Day.

Pentecost

Day of Atonement (Final Redemption, The Last Trump closing Atonement, The Closing of Heaven's Gates - Rev 14-15, prior to the Bowls of Wrath - Rev 16-19)

And what presumptuous conclusions we draw when we box ourselves into an inflexible interpretative model.

Mark, Would you agree that, if all has not been accomplished, then not one jot or tittle has passed from the law?

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/4/18 8:58 am

Post Re: Unless you fail to understand Isa 58:12
bradfreeman wrote:
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

Pentecost

Mark, Would you agree that, if all has not been accomplished, then not one jot or tittle has passed from the law?

That's what we have been telling u brad
3/4/18 9:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic