Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Here is a ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Here is a ? Isa 58:12
Lol, I have not been on here very long LOL, and I've already been called a judaizer LOL

But serious people, everybody always says Y'shua fulfilled to the Law & speak of He has done away with it for us and we don't have to do it no more

My question to you all is what's wrong with the Law, why did Y'shua have to do away with it that was so bad for us? 😋.

Shalom
1/30/18 5:29 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? UncleJD
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Lol, I have not been on here very long LOL..

Shalom

Is that statement truthful? You've been on here for years, just silent.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/30/18 5:58 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? Isa 58:12
UncleJD wrote:

Shalom

I have not been on here for years lol, and I meant I haven't been on here very long today lol lol
1/30/18 6:01 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? UncleJD
UncleJD wrote:

Shalom

I have not been on here for years lol, and I meant I haven't been on here very long today lol lol

I guess people are just picking up where they left off then Wink
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/30/18 6:08 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? Aaron Scott
Lol, I have not been on here very long LOL, and I've already been called a judaizer LOL

But serious people, everybody always says Y'shua fulfilled to the Law & speak of He has done away with it for us and we don't have to do it no more

My question to you all is what's wrong with the Law, why did Y'shua have to do away with it that was so bad for us? 😋.

Shalom

The moral elements of the Law are wonderful--and loving our neighbor as ourselves leads us to those same things.

However, the law could not make anyone perfect. Further, it was vastly more complex than the simplicity of loving God and loving your neighbor.

If you won't to do it, have at it. Just don't expect it to gain you a SINGLE THING spiritually. It will do NOTHING for you toward God. But...it may be beneficial to you in terms of how you like to conduct your life, and there's nothing particularly wrong with that...except that it makes you spell "Jesus" funny.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/30/18 6:10 pm

UncleJD wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Shalom

I guess people are just picking up where they left off then Wink

Yep😉
1/30/18 6:11 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:

Shalom

The moral elements of the Law are wonderful--and loving our neighbor as ourselves leads us to those same things.

However, the law could not make anyone perfect. Further, it was vastly more complex than the simplicity of loving God and loving your neighbor.

If you won't to do it, have at it. Just don't expect it to gain you a SINGLE THING spiritually. It will do NOTHING for you toward God. But...it may be beneficial to you in terms of how you like to conduct your life, and there's nothing particularly wrong with that...except that it makes you spell "Jesus" funny.

Shocked Shocked Smile

I worry about all them little lambs and turtle doves! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/30/18 6:26 pm

Aaron Scott wrote:

Shalom

Sorry Aaron, I didn't c this till now, but I have a question, which ones are "moral"? More complex? Please tell me something in the Torah/Law that's to complex😋. Because loving G-d is doing what He said in His Torah/Law John 14:15 😘

But in the modern day teaching that the Law is a measure that man could never meet, then what G-d said in Deut 30:11-14 would make h
Him a liar and since He's not a liar this passage proves that He has already given what is necessary to keep His Commandments, Law, Torah😉. & Torah not only means Law, in Hebrew it literally means Instructions, or hitting the mark. & Son would be missing the mark

Lol, man Aaron, I missed up lol LOL,y response to u is inside ur post lol

Shalom 😇
1/30/18 7:09 pm

Aaron Scott wrote:

Shalom

Let me try it again, Aaron please tell me the commands that are not moral thank you 😉
1/30/18 7:11 pm

Post Aaron: Etymology of the Name Jesus Mark Ledbetter
Hebrew/Aramaic
Hebrew יְהֹושֻׁעַ which transliterated into English is Yehoshu‘a. The Aramaic shortens it to יְֹשֻׁעַ, or Yeshu‘a. From a possible dialect in Galilee, Yeshu.

Greek
from ιησουν and transliterated it is iesoun, which is derived from Ἰησου̂ς, or Iesous (Yay soos). Note, the Greek did not have the “sh” sound and therefore missing the rendering Iesous.

Latin
Iesu retaining the “ya” sound (Yay –su)

English
There was no “j” in the English language until around the 14th century and then it was used sparingly. Even then, the Old English retained the German sounding of “y” and therefore Jesus was pronounced with the “y” sounding, Yay-soos.

It wasn’t until the 17th Century that the “j,” influenced by the French sounding, began to take on the hardened form and therefore Jesus sounded Gee-soos. Even so, the original King James transliterated the name as Iesus. Revisions inserted the J and, as they say, the rest is history.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
1/30/18 11:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Isa, assuming it is your expectation that when you stand before God, you will be declared righteous in His sight and granted entrance into His eternal kingdom...

On what do you base this hope?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/31/18 6:42 am

Post Re: Here is a ? bradfreeman

Don't you believe He fulfilled it?

'Cause if you don't, then not one jot or tittle has passed from the Law and we'd better be offering some doves, goats, lambs and oxen for our sins!

And if you don't, then Jesus is disqualified as our High Priest because He's from the wrong tribe!

Heb. 7:17 For it is attested of Him,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Luke 24:44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/31/18 7:52 am

Post Isa 58:12
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Isa, assuming it is your expectation that when you stand before God, you will be declared righteous in His sight and granted entrance into His eternal kingdom...

On what do you base this hope?

My hope is Adonai Y'shua, not what I do. I keep His Torah/Instructions because its who He is, how He thinks & what He asks for well This people 😊. Very believer is grafted into Y'sreal Rom 11 & we do what they do, we r fellow citizens Eph 2. That's how we will provoke the Jews to jealousy like we r Commanded Room 11😋

Its amazing, everybody in America follows laws, & know the consequences for not keeping them. & There is a belief G-d has done away with His that brings Blessings when followed. What's more important, man's laws or G-ds Laws/Instructions?

I don't keep the Laws to b saved, I keep them because I'm saved, - I love Him John 14:15 😋

Shalom
1/31/18 8:08 pm

Post Isa 58:12
bradfreeman wrote:

Don't you believe He fulfilled it?

'Cause if you don't, then not one jot or tittle has passed from the Law and we'd better be offering some doves, goats, lambs and oxen for our sins!

And if you don't, then Jesus is disqualified as our High Priest because He's from the wrong tribe!

Heb. 7:17 For it is attested of Him,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Luke 24:44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
Quote:

Shalom brad, yes I believe He has fulfilled prophecies concerning Him self of things written of Him John 5:46. Here is an example Acts 13:25-29, vs 27;...they knew Him not...they have fulfilled "them" "in" " condemning" Him

Mark 15:28; & the Scripture was fulfilled wish says that He was numbered with the transgressors. Luke 24:44, John 18:32; that the saying of Y'shua might be fulfilled, which He spoke, signifying what "death" He should die..

So brad, is all fulfilled? There's not one verse that says all Commandments r done away from the believer. Just those small few points to aspects in Torah of Messiah fulfilled, not all. Because who does He fulfill farming Laws? Or sex with ur Family Laws? Or stealing, murdering, adultery? Aren't those broken by people all the time?

U need to correct Heb 7:17-19 to all of 7, because verse 12 gives u the answer to ur Scriptures. The Greek word for change is metatithemi meaning to transfer, lit, transport, change sides. The change in the Law of the Priesthood in Torah, not change of the Torah

😉

1/31/18 8:40 pm

Post Lol Isa 58:12
Man, I have to do this from my phone, LOL and I messed it up lol

But I hope I answer your question Brad
1/31/18 8:41 pm

Post Re: Here is a ? Aaron Scott
Aaron Scott wrote:

Shalom

Sorry Aaron, I didn't c this till now, but I have a question, which ones are "moral"? More complex? Please tell me something in the Torah/Law that's to complex😋. Because loving G-d is doing what He said in His Torah/Law John 14:15 😘

But in the modern day teaching that the Law is a measure that man could never meet, then what G-d said in Deut 30:11-14 would make h
Him a liar and since He's not a liar this passage proves that He has already given what is necessary to keep His Commandments, Law, Torah😉. & Torah not only means Law, in Hebrew it literally means Instructions, or hitting the mark. & Son would be missing the mark

The moral law--the Ten Commandments--are, I believe, God's perpetual laws (with the possible exception of the Sabbath). These apply to all people, I believe. But the law regarding, say, circumcision, or digging latrines in the camp (apparently they were afraid God would take a misstep...and then destroy all of mankind for it!), or dietary laws, etc., are moral ONLY in the sense that, if God commanded it, you should do it, since to disobey God is sin. But it's not a sin to anyone else...ONLY to the Jews.

Circumcision--known as genital mutilation for anyone but Jews, apparently--is utterly unnecessary (even if medically advantaged) to anyone since Jesus came.

The laws that were specific to the Jews have ZERO moral bearing on anyone else on earth. To do them is neither good...nor bad...the same with NOT doing them. Now, there may be a law here and there that I'm overlooking, but the vast majority are amoral.

Also, I saw that you not only spell Jesus funny, but you apparently have forgotten how to spell God. G-O-D. Don't forget that O! (SMILE--I know! I know!).

Yes, you are almost certainly a Judaizer. I don't mean that meanly. I have just found that those who are Jewish wannabes or embrace Jewish customs often wind up thinking everyone should do it. About like being a Christian--you think everyone should be one.

I keep in mind that the Jewish religion is JUST as WRONG as Islam. Why? Because both reject Jesus as the Son of God. But it gets even worse for Jews: Islam at least respects Jesus as sent from God; the Jews are forced to reject this, since it would mean that they had rejected Someone sent from God.

Neither religion will get you to heaven. Only Jesus.

Lol, man Aaron, I missed up lol LOL,y response to u is inside ur post lol

Shalom 😇
2/1/18 11:55 am

Post Another thing... Aaron Scott
The Law is way, way, way down from God's true standard. The Law says thou shalt not commit adultery. God's standard says to look upon a woman to lust after her....

I would say that keeping the law is infinitely easier than meeting God's true standard. After all, Paul said that, as touching the law, he was perfect.

But we know that while one can perfectly keep the law, one cannot be made perfect by the law. If so, then Jesus died in vain.
2/1/18 11:58 am

Post I posted this elsewhere Isa 58 has zeal without knowledge brotherjames
He has intentionally overlooked the Book of Hebrews particularly chapter 8
I post it here just in case he might read it and be set free, note particularly the last verse - the new (better covenant) makes the old covenant OBSOLETE (NIV for easy understanding of English)
Heb 8:1-13 NIV Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, (2) and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being. (3) Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. (4) If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. (5) They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." (6) But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises. (7) For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. (Cool But God found fault with the people and said: "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. (9) It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. (10) This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. (11) No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. (12) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (13) By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Acts-celerater
2/1/18 12:55 pm

Post Re: Another thing... Quiet Wyatt
Aaron Scott wrote:
The Law is way, way, way down from God's true standard. The Law says thou shalt not commit adultery. God's standard says to look upon a woman to lust after her....

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. Exod 20:17 KJV
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 2:38 pm

Post What's New with the New Covenant? Mark Ledbetter
a modification of the old on these counts:

1. Jeremiah says the New covenant will be made with the House of Judah and the House of Israel. So, we must therefore determine just how the New Covenant applies to the Gentiles (and it does but not as many assume it to apply). - Jeremiah 31:33

2. The New Covenant declares God will "put" His "law within them and on their heart [He] will write it." - Ibid.

3. God modified the manner of perfecting the New Covenant by replacing the Priesthood with the more perfect Priest, and the Sacrifice (through which the New Covenant was ratified - Luke 22:20, cp. w Exodus 24:7-8), Jesus.

"When He said,"A new covenant" (see Hebrews 8:7-12, citing Jeremiah 31:27-34), He has made the first obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." - Hebrew 8:13.

The most common assumption is God simply replaced the First/Old Covenant and enacted a new, separate covenant without any reference to the original. Both Jeremiah and Hebrews do not substantiate this position.

An analogy: Any time a law is modified it makes the old law obsolete and the new one takes its place not simply including the modification of the old but removing the modified components and making the new a part of that which is not modified.

Speeding as a law is designed to control the flow of traffic. If the actual law is modified by increasing the limit from 25 mph to 40 mph, the basic law is not changed but the application is changed to fit the circumstances. The law's provision for the 25 mph is obsolete and removed from the books. The "new" law is changed, not by removing the intent and substance of the law, but the modification of the law and becomes the "new" law.

Jeremiah, and the later citation in Hebrews, does not say the Law is removed but says it is to no longer be external, written on stones, but through the Holy Spirit, who provides the "spirit of the law" is written on hearts of flesh (Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 36:26-27). The Prophets does not say "parts of the Law" but "The Law".

Because the Priesthood was flawed and not qualified to officiate the sacrifice, a qualified Priest, Jesus officiated. Further, because the sacrificial system was not sufficient to ratify the New Covenant, Jesus also became the perfect sacrifice.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/1/18 7:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic