Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Here is a ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bradfreeman
Isa 58:12 wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
He didn't have repentance message either, he just said you had to have faith & believe, and that's not what the Bible says, it's both

He absolutely did have the repentance message.

Old covenant repentance was redoubling your efforts to keep the rules.
New covenant repentance is coming from some wrong mindset and heartset to faith in Christ.

Repent - from the Greek metanoia
meta = to change
noia = knowledge

Repentance or coming to a right belief by changing the way you think starts at a different point for everyone depending on what their wrong belief is. It always ends, however, at faith in Christ.

3 quick examples:

For Hebrews, it meant leaving behind a system of "dead works", works that only ministered death. They had to change the way they think, repent, and move from faith in dead work to faith in God.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

For Romans, it meant leaving behind the belief in Caesar, that Caesar was Lord, and moving to faith in Christ. They had to change the way they think and move from faith in Caesar to faith in Christ.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

For the Gnostics, it meant leaving behind the belief that they had no sin, needed no savior and moving to acknowledging their sin and their need.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

😕🙄, Why don't you give me the Hebrew meaning of repent, which is where the Greek one comes from.

I did.

New covenant repentance is coming from some wrong mindset and heartset to faith in Christ.

meta = to change
noia = knowledge

Repentance or coming to a right belief by changing the way you think starts at a different point for everyone depending on what their wrong belief is. It always ends, however, at faith in Christ.

Here's more:

Num 23:19“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Repent - nacham here is translated "changed mind, change mind or changes mind" 15 times in the OT.

Repent - shub - is to return, this speaks of the OT re-doubling of effort I mention above.

Quote:
The Greek cannot change the Hebrew writings. & Look at your definition in Greek anyways, u broke it up, meta means to change, noia means Knowledge, & Knowledge is G-ds Torah

You're funny. The NT was written in Greek, not Hebrew. The Holy Spirit knew what Greek words they were using.

Quote:
Prov 1:7; the fear of the L-rd is the beginning of Knowledge, but "fools" despise *Wisdom* and *Instruction/Torah*

"If" u don't (fear) Adonai, 1:29; p for that they hated Knowledge, and *did not choose* the fear of the L-rd. Prov 13:14; the Law/Torah of the "Wise" is a *Fountain of Life*, to depart from the snares of death & straight across the page in my Bible Prov 14:27; the fear of the L-rd is a *Fountain of Life* to depart from the snares of "death", not keeping God's Commandments/Laws/Instructions Det 30:19?

(Fear) Deut 8:6 explains this Perfectly: therefore you shall keep the Commandments of the L-rd "your" G-d, to "walk"(1Jn 1:6) in his Ways, and to (fear) Him, Prov 1:7. My question is to all of us, is He *"our"* G-d? Then let's do what He said and *walk* in his Ways. Walking is action word.....😇

It was vitally important to keep the OT laws when the Old Covenant was in effect. It was a matter of life and death. There are a new set of laws governing life and death under the New Covenant.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Since you prefer bumper-sticker posts, I won't list about 50 more like this saying how we find life by faith, not by keeping OT laws.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/25/18 5:42 pm

Post Isa 58:12
bradfreeman wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
He didn't have repentance message either, he just said you had to have faith & believe, and that's not what the Bible says, it's both

He absolutely did have the repentance message.

meta = to change
noia = knowledge

3 quick examples:

For Hebrews, it meant leaving behind a system of "dead works", works that only ministered death. They had to change the way they think, repent, and move from faith in dead work to faith in God.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

For Romans, it meant leaving behind the belief in Caesar, that Caesar was Lord, and moving to faith in Christ. They had to change the way they think and move from faith in Caesar to faith in Christ.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

For the Gnostics, it meant leaving behind the belief that they had no sin, needed no savior and moving to acknowledging their sin and their need.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

😕🙄, Why don't you give me the Hebrew meaning of repent, which is where the Greek one comes from.

I did.

meta = to change
noia = knowledge

Here's more:

Num 23:19“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Repent - nacham here is translated "changed mind, change mind or changes mind" 15 times in the OT.

Repent - shub - is to return, this speaks of the OT re-doubling of effort I mention above.

Quote:
The Greek cannot change the Hebrew writings. & Look at your definition in Greek anyways, u broke it up, meta means to change, noia means Knowledge, & Knowledge is G-ds Torah

You're funny. The NT was written in Greek, not Hebrew. The Holy Spirit knew what Greek words they were using.

Quote:
Prov 1:7; the fear of the L-rd is the beginning of Knowledge, but "fools" despise *Wisdom* and *Instruction/Torah*

"If" u don't (fear) Adonai, 1:29; p for that they hated Knowledge, and *did not choose* the fear of the L-rd. Prov 13:14; the Law/Torah of the "Wise" is a *Fountain of Life*, to depart from the snares of death & straight across the page in my Bible Prov 14:27; the fear of the L-rd is a *Fountain of Life* to depart from the snares of "death", not keeping God's Commandments/Laws/Instructions Det 30:19?

(Fear) Deut 8:6 explains this Perfectly: therefore you shall keep the Commandments of the L-rd "your" G-d, to "walk"(1Jn 1:6) in his Ways, and to (fear) Him, Prov 1:7. My question is to all of us, is He *"our"* G-d? Then let's do what He said and *walk* in his Ways. Walking is action word.....😇

It was vitally important to keep the OT laws when the Old Covenant was in effect. It was a matter of life and death. There are a new set of laws governing life and death under the New Covenant.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Since you prefer bumper-sticker posts, I won't list about 50 more like this saying how we find life by faith, not by keeping OT laws.

Show me your views of the law in the Old Testament, make your thoughts connect
2/25/18 6:16 pm

Post bradfreeman

I have shown you over the past weeks, many scriptures showing that our righteousness (Rm 5:1; Rm 10:9,10), life (Jn 3:16; Jn 5:24) and blessing (Gal 3:9; Eph 1:3) ALL come by faith in Christ, not by our ability to keep commandments that we are dead to (Rom 7:4), released from (Rom 7:7) and no longer under (Rom 6:14) and called to cast out (Gal 4:30). These passages would make more sense if your mind wasn't veiled. Turn to Christ and focus on what He accomplished and inaugurated on the cross.

Acts-dicted
2/26/18 6:19 am

bradfreeman wrote:

I have shown you over the past weeks, many scriptures showing that our righteousness (Rm 5:1; Rm 10:9,10), life (Jn 3:16; Jn 5:24) and blessing (Gal 3:9; Eph 1:3) ALL come by faith in Christ, not by our ability to keep commandments that we are dead to (Rom 7:4), released from (Rom 7:7) and no longer under (Rom 6:14) and called to cast out (Gal 4:30). These passages would make more sense if your mind wasn't veiled. Turn to Christ and focus on what He accomplished and inaugurated on the cross.

The Law is not the problem brad, it's your thinking the way you been taught. Because come on, I show you an all text of the Bible nothing's out of place, nothing contradicts itself, the New Testament is saying the same thing as the old, enhanced in Messiah with nothing done away with. Some things are done in heaven the rest are done on Earth. And I've shown you Paul is not saying something different than Messiah, or he would be a liar 1 Cor 11:1

I can give you a whole bunch of examples of how Messiah speaks in the NT of the Torah/Law, still in practice, never said He was going to do way with it, and if He was going to do way with it He would have never brought up the Law in His examples. I can show you all throughout the New Testament where the apostles are still keeping the Law....But yet, you will twist Paul's letters to try to make it say what you wanted to say, and thats just not correct

Repent,
2/26/18 9:34 pm

Post bradfreeman
The Law is not the problem brad, it's your thinking the way you been taught. Because come on, I show you an all text of the Bible nothing's out of place, nothing contradicts itself, the New Testament is saying the same thing as the old, enhanced in Messiah with nothing done away with. Some things are done in heaven the rest are done on Earth. And I've shown you Paul is not saying something different than Messiah, or he would be a liar 1 Cor 11:1

There is a perfect flow in the scripture. Nothing contradicts itself.

There was creation with no law, except stay away from the knowledge of good and evil. Man chose to try to be like God by His knowledge of good and evil.

There was Abraham, who experienced victory, blessing, righteousness and life by faith, 430 years before the law was given on Mt. Sinai.

There was the law, given 2,500 years into human history, it was added until Christ would come.

Christ came and fulfilled the law and His blood inaugurated a new covenant which made the old one obsolete. Now we live under the covenant of righteousness by faith that was foreshadowed in the garden, preached in Abraham, prophesied and pictured by the law, the prophets and the psalms and realized in Christ.

Quote:
I can give you a whole bunch of examples of how Messiah speaks in the NT of the Torah/Law, still in practice, never said He was going to do way with it, and if He was going to do way with it He would have never brought up the Law in His examples. I can show you all throughout the New Testament where the apostles are still keeping the Law....But yet, you will twist Paul's letters to try to make it say what you wanted to say, and thats just not correct

Repent,

I'll explain this again. Again, the old covenant was in full force during the life of Jesus. The law was written for Him and about Him. He fulfilled the law during His life and death and established a new covenant. The apostles gradually moved away from legalism, circumcision and the dietary rules throughout the new testament, just and Jesus taught they would.

Acts-dicted
2/27/18 7:11 am

bradfreeman wrote:

There is a perfect flow in the scripture. Nothing contradicts itself.

There was creation with no law, except stay away from the knowledge of good and evil. Man chose to try to be like God by His knowledge of good and evil.

There was Abraham, who experienced victory, blessing, righteousness and life by faith, 430 years before the law was given on Mt. Sinai.

There was the law, given 2,500 years into human history, it was added until Christ would come.

Christ came and fulfilled the law and His blood inaugurated a new covenant which made the old one obsolete. Now we live under the covenant of righteousness by faith that was foreshadowed in the garden, preached in Abraham, prophesied and pictured by the law, the prophets and the psalms and realized in Christ.

Quote:

Repent,

I'll explain this again. Again, the old covenant was in full force during the life of Jesus. The law was written for Him and about Him. He fulfilled the law during His life and death and established a new covenant. The apostles gradually moved away from legalism, circumcision and the dietary rules throughout the new testament, just and Jesus taught they would.

There was Order, what u say "Law" in the garden, don't "eat" of this tree...... Rebellion set in, covetousness, wanting to be "like" G-d, have no other gods before me, & there you have it

& There was Commandments before in stone, or guy would be a harsh legalistic God that gave no ways to live to man on Earth after the fall of Adam and Eve. Because on Gen 6 when God looked down and saw wickedness & evil imaginations continually, how could you say that if you never gave them away to living Righteously. Because Noah was a "preacher" of Righteousness 2 Peter 2:5 🤔 how is that if nothing was said brad? As the days of Noah were so will it be when the Son of man comes

& Abraham kept Commandments in laws Gen 25:5; because that Abraham obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My Commandments My Statues, and my Law's...

😇

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 3/3/18 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/3/18 7:57 am

Post bradfreeman
Because on Gen 6 when God looked down and saw wickedness & evil imaginations continually, how could you say that if you never gave them away to living Righteously. Because Noah was a "preacher" of Righteousness 2 Peter 2:5 🤔 how is that if nothing was said brad?

& Abraham kept Commandments in laws Gen 25:5; because that Abraham obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My Commandments My Statues, and my Law's...

😇

There was a way to live righteously. There always has been. Here it is:

Gen 15:5 And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” 6 Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 8:02 am

bradfreeman wrote:
Because on Gen 6 when God looked down and saw wickedness & evil imaginations continually, how could you say that if you never gave them away to living Righteously. Because Noah was a "preacher" of Righteousness 2 Peter 2:5 🤔 how is that if nothing was said brad?

😇

There was a way to live righteously. There always has been. Here it is:

Gen 15:5 And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” 6 Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Of course brad, faith, & because Abraham had faith in G-d he obeyed His voice, kept his Charge, His Commandments, is Statutes, His Law's 😇
3/3/18 8:11 am

Post bradfreeman
Of course brad, faith, & because Abraham had faith in G-d he obeyed His voice, kept his Charge, His Commandments, is Statutes, His Law's 😇

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Rom 4:13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; 15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 8:17 am

bradfreeman wrote:

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Rom 4:13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; 15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

So G-d after the fall of Man In The Garden gave his creation no way to live? Then G-d destroy His creation for no reason because He never told them how to live, that's how you see G-d. I can give you a list of things before Abraham that are in the law of Moshe if you would like. So how do you see Genesis 25:5, what are all those Commandments Statutes Laws I showed you?

I'm going to do a thread on the Spirit and the Law soon
3/3/18 8:28 am

Post bradfreeman
So how do you see Genesis 25:5

Gen 25:5 Now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac;

I see this as:
(1) a father being generous to his son;
(2) a picture of the new covenant children of promise getting all of the Father's blessing, provision, righteousness and life.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 8:35 am

bradfreeman wrote:

I see this as:
(2) a picture of the new covenant children of promise getting all of the Father's blessing, provision, righteousness and life.

Your side stepping my question, Abraham "obeyed" G-ds voice, kept His Charge, His Commandments, His Statutes, & His Laws....what Laws? That's different from what u say & believe

I'm really not trying to start an argument, I want you to think, I want you to pray and ask the L-rd, because I showed you Laws in the garden, I show you that their were Laws with Noah, and I'm showing you Laws with Abraham, G-d's Laws have never change and never have gone away
3/3/18 8:51 am

Post bradfreeman
bradfreeman wrote:

I see this as:

Your side stepping my question,

I quoted your question and answered it.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 9:23 am

bradfreeman wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:

I see this as:

Your side stepping my question,

I quoted your question and answered it.

Where? What Commandments, Statutes, Laws did Abraham obey? Maybe it's cuz I'm doing this on my phone but I don't see your answer
3/3/18 9:43 am

Post bradfreeman
Where? What Commandments, Statutes, Laws did Abraham obey? Maybe it's cuz I'm doing this on my phone but I don't see your answer

He obeyed the law of faith.

I quote Gen 25:5: Gen 25:5 Now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac;

Rom 4:16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Abraham was not "of the Law." He was of the "but also" people of faith.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 9:54 am

bradfreeman wrote:

He obeyed the law of faith.

I quote Gen 25:5: Gen 25:5 Now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac;

Rom 4:16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Abraham was not "of the Law." He was of the "but also" people of faith.

brad, ur veiw of G-ds plural statements of His Commandments, Statutes, Laws in Gen 25:5 is Abraham's "Acts" of faith in G-d. & Interestingly, "you" quote Gen 25:5 as saying now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac. That's not what it says it says that verse 6, not 5. Why do you say it like that, I know what it is saying but I want to hear your understanding of you trying to use that verse as there was no laws
3/3/18 10:09 am

Post bradfreeman
Interestingly, "you" quote Gen 25:5 as saying now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac. That's not what it says it says that verse 6, not 5. Why do you say it like that, I know what it is saying but I want to hear your understanding of you trying to use that verse as there was no laws

Maybe you're confused and mean another passage, but I literally cut and pasted Gen 25:5.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 10:35 am

bradfreeman wrote:
Interestingly, "you" quote Gen 25:5 as saying now Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac. That's not what it says it says that verse 6, not 5. Why do you say it like that, I know what it is saying but I want to hear your understanding of you trying to use that verse as there was no laws

Maybe you're confused and mean another passage, but I literally cut and pasted Gen 25:5.

brad, I don't know where your copy and pasting is from but, I literally have 5 or 6 Bibles opened, and they all say in Genesis 25 5; because Abraham obeyed My Voice, and kept My Charge, My Commandments, My Statutes, and My Law's

Issac is just mentioned in vs 6
3/3/18 10:45 am

Post bradfreeman
bradfreeman wrote:

brad, I don't know where your copy and pasting is from but, I literally have 5 or 6 Bibles opened, and they all say in Genesis 25 5; because Abraham obeyed My Voice, and kept My Charge, My Commandments, My Statutes, and My Law's

Looks like you mean Gen 26:5.

Was Abraham righteous because he never lied? See Gen 12 (he lied to Pharaoh) and Gen 20 (he lied to Abimelech).
Was he righteous because he never killed? See Gen 14 (he slaughtered kings) and Gen 22, he was ready to kill an innocent child as God commanded.

No Abraham was not righteous because he kept the 10 commandments. His faith, not his works of the law, made him righteous. I'd be happy to consider any scripture you have listing the laws, statutes or ordinances Abraham kept?

Since the law you are trying to keep wasn't given until 430 years after Abraham. So it wasn't given to Abraham.

Gal 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

Abraham, had a covenant with God and he kept that covenant...a covenant of righteousness by faith.

Acts-dicted
3/3/18 11:00 am

bradfreeman wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:

Looks like you mean Gen 26:5.

Was Abraham righteous because he never lied? See Gen 12 (he lied to Pharaoh) and Gen 20 (he lied to Abimelech).
Was he righteous because he never killed? See Gen 14 (he slaughtered kings) and Gen 22, he was ready to kill an innocent child as God commanded.

No Abraham was not righteous because he kept the 10 commandments. His faith, not his works of the law, made him righteous. I'd be happy to consider any scripture you have listing the laws, statutes or ordinances Abraham kept?

Since the law you are trying to keep wasn't given until 430 years after Abraham. So it wasn't given to Abraham.

Gal 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

Abraham, had a covenant with God and he kept that covenant...a covenant of righteousness by faith.

Oh yes, 26, lol, oops😉, you still haven't answered what that means, & what's the point of me showing you Laws before they were in stone that are in the Laws of Moshe when you can't even answer Genesis 26:5 LOL

Why are you so against G-d's Instructions, Laws? There's like you fight me on every issue, and you're only holding on to a few New Testament verses that "seem" to agree with your theology but in the end it does not as I've shown you countless times
3/3/18 12:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic