Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Shaloooooooom everybody 😀
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Isa 58:12
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Did I do something to u dave? Sure, we look at the Bible different, I'm already having a great time like almost 10 years ago. Do u just want people that agree with you only on this board, how would u ever be challenged? Iron sharpens iron right? Well, let's fellowship, I don't attack anybody on here nor have I

You have always been a nice person and have never attacked anyone to my knowledge. However, what you post in my opinion qualifies as promotion of a false gospel. Different people have different understandings of the nature of the gospel -- our friend Brad catches a lot of heat about some of his positions, for example, but it's clear he is a Christian. That is not clear with you, in my opinion, and your promotion of your view has historically been quite intense.

Are you able to affirm the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed? Very serious question, and asking for a sincere and honest response.

I don't remember all of Brad believes, but I back mine up with scripture, and I can show you how I believe in all text of the Bible and word studies. And the Book of Galatians does not deal with my position. And I'm not a Christian? Christ-like, I keep the things he kept in his days best I can with what I have

And of course I agree with the apostles and the Sanhedrin decision of the Gentiles in Acts chapter 15, because it was good to the Holy Spirit verse 28. And Gentiles will learn more when they go to the synagogue every Sabbath day verse 21

And that's a good topic that you all should start here on this forum, because if that's where the Gentiles start off with, those 4 commands found in the Torah then we have a problem because 3 of the 4 Commands deal with food laws.... And any restaurant you go to Americans break those Commandments everyday because the animals are not killed correctly there is a certain order and way they have to be killed and animals today or not killed like that. So if that's the statement that Gentiles have to follow something is wrong

Good question Dave
1/30/18 5:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't remember all of Brad believes, but I back mine up with scripture, and I can show you how I believe in all text of the Bible and word studies. And the Book of Galatians does not deal with my position. And I'm not a Christian? Christ-like, I keep the things he kept in his days best I can with what I have

And of course I agree with the apostles and the Sanhedrin decision of the Gentiles in Acts chapter 15, because it was good to the Holy Spirit verse 28. And Gentiles will learn more when they go to the synagogue every Sabbath day verse 21

And that's a good topic that you all should start here on this forum, because if that's where the Gentiles start off with, those 4 commands found in the Torah then we have a problem because 3 of the 4 Commands deal with food laws.... And any restaurant you go to Americans break those Commandments everyday because the animals are not killed correctly there is a certain order and way they have to be killed and animals today or not killed like that. So if that's the statement that Gentiles have to follow something is wrong

Good question Dave

You didn't answer my question about whether you can affirm the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed. Or perhaps you did. Smile

Anyway, I've thought about it some and here's what we're going to do. If you can restrain your posting, we'll see how it works. This means limiting the number of threads that you start concerning your pet doctrine, and NOT dragging other threads off topic to discuss your issue. As an example, you have already done this with the follower of Christ thread. You entered that thread and took it off topic to discuss your issue instead. That is NOT going to work here, and you will get rapidly banned if that continues.

If you can restrain your posting in this way, then you're welcome to participate for now and we will see how it goes. Best wishes.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/18 6:28 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

Good question Dave

You didn't answer my question about whether you can affirm the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed. Or perhaps you did. Smile

Anyway, I've thought about it some and here's what we're going to do. If you can restrain your posting, we'll see how it works. This means limiting the number of threads that you start concerning your pet doctrine, and NOT dragging other threads off topic to discuss your issue. As an example, you have already done this with the follower of Christ thread. You entered that thread and took it off topic to discuss your issue instead. That is NOT going to work here, and you will get rapidly banned if that continues.

If you can restrain your posting in this way, then you're welcome to participate for now and we will see how it goes. Best wishes.

Yes, I answered ur question, & I won't start a bunch of topics, r u saying I can't speak on others? Because I didn't change the topic of "Christ-Followers", I was 100% on point. Because, what was Messiah like that we r to "imitate", follow, disciple? how did He live, what did He say, what did He eat, what did He believe etc. I didn't change that topic on that thread, I was on topic

Or if I'm wrong please tell me how I changed it, I thought I was on topic, I don't want to confuse people and get off Topics

Shalom
1/30/18 6:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Yes, I answered ur question, & I won't start a bunch of topics, r u saying I can't speak on others?

No, please feel free to participate in any thread on topic. I disagree with your assessment of your posts in the Christ follower thread. That thread was not about keeping the Sabbath or any part of the Law. It was about what Christians are called. But you made it about keeping the Sabbath and about keeping the Law. That's what's not going to work here.

If you can avoid talking about keeping the Law except for in threads that you start, you should have no problems here whatsoever. If that's what you want to talk about, that's fine, but just please understand that you don't have the right to take conversations started by other people on different topics and make them about that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/18 7:05 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yes, I answered ur question, & I won't start a bunch of topics, r u saying I can't speak on others?

No, please feel free to participate in any thread on topic. I disagree with your assessment of your posts in the Christ follower thread. That thread was not about keeping the Sabbath or any part of the Law. It was about what Christians are called. But you made it about keeping the Sabbath and about keeping the Law. That's what's not going to work here.

If you can avoid talking about keeping the Law except for in threads that you start, you should have no problems here whatsoever. If that's what you want to talk about, that's fine, but just please understand that you don't have the right to take conversations started by other people on different topics and make them about that.

🤔Christ follower, Christ-Like, didn't He keep the Sabbath etc? I'm not following your reasoning here sorry. I mean, the thread specifically speaks of Christ followers, He kept & taught Torah, He kept the Sabbath, what do u disagree on, that we don't have to follow that kind of thinking, life? People should want to talk about the Law, it's in our Bibles and Law literally means Torah which literally means Instructions which literally is what 2nd Timothy 3:16 speaks of & what G-d wrote with His finger Ex 31:18😏

I guess I just don't understand why no one wants to talk about that that's a great thing 😊
1/30/18 7:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
🤔Christ follower, Christ-Like, didn't He keep the Sabbath etc? I'm not following your reasoning here sorry. I mean, the thread specifically speaks of Christ followers, He kept & taught Torah, He kept the Sabbath, what do u disagree on, that we don't have to follow that kind of thinking, life? People should want to talk about the Law, it's in our Bibles and Law literally means Torah which literally means Instructions which literally is what 2nd Timothy 3:16 speaks of & what G-d wrote with His finger Ex 31:18😏

I guess I just don't understand why no one wants to talk about that that's a great thing 😊

Look man, I'm trying to create a way that this can work for you. I've said what I'm going to say. I hope you will be able to work with us so you can continue posting here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/18 7:29 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

Look man, I'm trying to create a way that this can work for you. I've said what I'm going to say. I hope you will be able to work with us so you can continue posting here.

.dave, I have no problems what you said about posting too many things, and I agree about taking peoples threads out of context and changing them I don't like it when it happens to me and I don't want to do to anybody.

I just thought it was odd with what you were saying about Christ follower and saying I changed the thread, and I certainly did not😉

Shalom😊
1/30/18 7:39 pm

Did you guys miss me today 😀
2/6/18 10:24 pm

Post Belieber
I didn't miss you. Hey, DOC
2/6/18 11:46 pm

Post bradfreeman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Isa 58 - the only guy that makes me agree with Brad.

Welcome back.

Although I used to suspect Brad just had Isa 58 here so he could argue amongst himself.

Laughing

I'm glad he's here.

Sometimes it takes guys like Ike 58 to help us see the leaven of legalism. A little of it infects the whole lump.

Gal 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/7/18 7:34 am

Post Since ISA doesn't discuss anything other than the Bible... FG Minister
I'd l-ke to hear him discu-s Pres-dent Tr-mp. Th-s will give h-m the oppo-tunity to te-ch us someth-ng other than how Juda-sm is better than Ch-istianity. Acts-celerater
2/7/18 8:56 am

Post Re: Since ISA doesn't discuss anything other than the Bible... diakoneo
FG Minister wrote:
I'd l-ke to hear him discu-s Pres-dent Tr-mp. Th-s will give h-m the oppo-tunity to te-ch us someth-ng other than how Juda-sm is better than Ch-istianity.

L-L

Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/7/18 11:57 am

Post Re: Since ISA doesn't discuss anything other than the Bible... Isa 58:12
FG Minister wrote:
I'd l-ke to hear him discu-s Pres-dent Tr-mp. Th-s will give h-m the oppo-tunity to te-ch us someth-ng other than how Juda-sm is better than Ch-istianity.

I like him, & I have never said Judaism is better. Btw, very funny
2/7/18 5:23 pm

bradfreeman wrote:

Welcome back.

Although I used to suspect Brad just had Isa 58 here so he could argue amongst himself.

Laughing

I'm glad he's here.

Sometimes it takes guys like Ike 58 to help us see the leaven of legalism. A little of it infects the whole lump.

Gal 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

.brad, brad... Shalom, I don't know exactly what you say, believe, or denomination issues are but I'm glad you're here too 😉. But everytime I answered you, you never came back to the thread 😮

Gal 5:1.... Y'shua set us free from obedience to the Father? By Torah in Deut 21:18-21 would have been His date. But John 12 & 14 say He doesn't speak for Himself, He says what the Father tells Him

"If" He ignore the father, set up new rules for different set of people that would be Rebellion and you have to be stoned, & He wasn't. "if" He did He would have been sinful and not the sacrifice for our lives

Ur take on Gal 5 contradicts Ps 1:1-3, Y'shua set u free from that? 🙄
2/7/18 5:39 pm

Post bradfreeman
bradfreeman wrote:

Welcome back.

Laughing

I'm glad he's here.

.brad, brad... Shalom, I don't know exactly what you say, believe, or denomination issues are but I'm glad you're here too 😉. But everytime I answered you, you never came back to the thread 😮

Gal 5:1.... Y'shua set us free from obedience to the Father? By Torah in Deut 21:18-21 would have been His date. But John 12 & 14 say He doesn't speak for Himself, He says what the Father tells Him

"If" He ignore the father, set up new rules for different set of people that would be Rebellion and you have to be stoned, & He wasn't. "if" He did He would have been sinful and not the sacrifice for our lives

Ur take on Gal 5 contradicts Ps 1:1-3, Y'shua set u free from that? 🙄

The new doesn't contradict the old. It is just "not like" the old and so much better it has made the old obsolete.

In Ps 1:1-3, David walked in the light he had. He meditated on the light he had. The Spirit helped him to see Jesus in shadowy pictures and hope for what he could not see - a day when God would clean the inside of his cup and create in him a clean heart. But now faith is the substance of what David hoped for, the evidence of what David could not see. Faith has come. God has created in us a clean heart - by faith (Acts 15:9). And those who lived in shadows (veiled goodness where God was hidden in thick darkness an gloom on Sinai- Deut 4:11) have seen the Light and can choose to stay in shadows or come into the Light. Why engage in shadow-worship when the substance, the Light, has come?

No, we have not come to Mt. Sinai, but to Mt. Zion.

Deut. 4:11 You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the very heart of the heavens: darkness, cloud and thick gloom.

You're taking people to the wrong mountain.

Heb. 12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, 19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. 20 For they could not bear the command, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it will be stoned.” 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I am full of fear and trembling.” 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Hagar, the bondwoman, is Mt. Sinai where the old covenant proceeded from.

Gal 4:24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother. 27 For it is written,

“Rejoice, barren woman who does not bear;
Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor;
For more numerous are the children of the desolate
Than of the one who has a husband.”

28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also. 30 But what does the Scripture say?

“Cast out the bondwoman and her son,
For the son of the bondwoman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”

Cast out Mt. Sinai with its fire, darkness, gloom, fear and trembling. Work out your own salvation - the leaven of the idea that you can save yourself by our own law-based self-righteousness with the fear and trembling it produces.
That's what perfect love does - it fulfilled the law and it casts out fear.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/

Last edited by bradfreeman on 2/8/18 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
2/8/18 7:26 am

Post Dave Dorsey
bradfreeman wrote:
The new doesn't contradict the old.

This is such an important point! As you think about the emergence of canon consciousness in the early church, and the emergence of resurrection consciousness -- particularly in someone like Paul, who knows the Law and the Prophets and knows that Scripture is true and trustworthy, who knows Jesus MUST have been cursed because He hung on a tree, but who also now knows as a result of the Damascus Road that God blessed Him by raising Him from the dead. How does Paul deal with this? How does Paul reconcile two things that are irrefutably true, and yet seemingly completely at odds with one another?

Does he do it by throwing out the Law? On the contrary -- His teaching upholds the Law. Through the work of the Spirit, Paul is able to understand that yes, at this point in redemptive history, the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the Law -- BUT, the law and the prophets bear witness to it. Throughout his work he carefully exegetes OT Scripture to demonstrate that God has not thrown out or contradicted his Law, but that He has fulfilled it, with a new covenant written on hearts rather than tables of stone, and has thus made the old obsolete.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/8/18 7:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic