Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Release the memo! (v)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Release the memo! (v) Resident Skeptic
The next 30 days could turn this country on its head like never before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcADm6x56y4
1/22/18 6:14 am

Post diakoneo
People don't need to just e transferred to other departments. They need to be fired or prosecuted whichever is appropriate. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/22/18 7:01 am

Post Cojak
I hope this is really something, something that can show light on the TRUTH what ever it is, not just some SUPER CONSERVATIVE idea like the ones on Obama who was going to declare martial law, take your bank accounts etc.
Why don't we wait to see if there is really something to this other than just another partisan CLOUD.

IF THE INVESTIGATION IS IN FACT TAINTED then something should be done. I have already read 'conspiracy theories' the government shut down is ONLY to divert concern about this memo.

Let's wait and see. I do hope it is something that opens a crack in the secrecy, not just for Trump but for the USA.

If there is actual proof there was collusion, it might have been ignorance of laws or just plain, "WIN AT ANY COST, no rules".

Not sure if this memo can solve the present dilemma, but I hope so. Confused Confused

signed
confused in Florida!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/22/18 10:39 am

Post Dave Dorsey
RS, who are you calling upon to release the memo?

Devin Nunez wrote it... according to the FBI, they've requested it and have been denied... no Democrats are objecting to or preventing the memo's release...

Who exactly are we calling on to release it?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/22/18 11:54 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
RS, who are you calling upon to release the memo?

Devin Nunez wrote it... according to the FBI, they've requested it and have been denied... no Democrats are objecting to or preventing the memo's release...

Who exactly are we calling on to release it?

It is my understanding that the committee can release it if the POTUS has no objection. If POTUS does not agree, the entire House can vote to override the POTUS.
1/24/18 8:33 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Gotcha. Thanks. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/24/18 8:35 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks.

It seems the FBI is very resistant to the idea of this memo getting released. They are afraid of how it will make the agency look. Thus, It would not surprise me if they offer to drop the investigation if Trump promises not to let the memo be released.
1/26/18 8:52 am

Post Heads are gonna roll Dean Steenburgh
I think both sides of the aisle might have some "splaining to do Lucy."
I read on a CNN site that Devin Nunes (Republican) alleges FBI abuses of surveillance laws to be released if the House Intelligence Committee approves it being declassified.
The memo is the four-page summary of Nunes investigation into the FBI and Justice Department's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

For the record Mr. Trump wants the memo released.

Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, argues that the campaign to release the memo is nothing more than a partisan attempt to protect Trump during this Mueller investigation (what else could Schiff say?)
In fact Schiff called the memo a "profoundly misleading set of talking points drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI and its handling of the investigation."
So if the memo is nothing more than a bunch of misleading talking points drafted by GOP staffers ...release it!
Let the egg fall on somebody's face.
Schiff's committee only has to let it be released.
Whats funny to me is that both of these guys are from CA & both have been in their respective districts since 2013.
Nunes here in the Central Valley & Schiff in Los Angeles.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/27/18 3:43 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Err... Schiff is in the minority. It's 100% up to Trump and the Republicans in Congress to release it. Schiff has NO say. So yeah, if it's so bad, quit talking about it and release it. The longer this goes on, the more it seems like Schiff is correct. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/18 3:46 pm

Post From the National Review online Dean Steenburgh
This can help understand the careful, calculated release from Nunes:

Conforming to House rules, Chairman Nunes has taken pains to make his memo available to all members of Congress before proceeding with the steps necessary to seek its disclosure. Thus, lawmakers have an opportunity to propose the inclusion of details that may be necessary to correct any misimpressions; or Democrats could prepare their own summary in an effort to demonstrate Nunes’s partisan spin. Congressman Nunes is a smart guy, and he clearly knows he will look very foolish if he plays fast and loose with the facts. It is in his interest not to do that, and the careful way he has gone about complying with the rules — rather than leaking classified information, as Trump’s opponents have been wont to do — suggests that his memo will prove to be a fair representation of the underlying information.

On that last point, it would be hard to imagine a more one-sided partisan screed than the Steele dossier. Democrats seem to have had no hesitation about using it as a summary of purported Trump collusion with Russia.

The Justice Department and the FBI are reportedly angry that, after they complied with the Intelligence Committee’s demand that they make classified and investigative materials available for inspection, Nunes will not permit the FBI to inspect his memo summarizing that information before moving to disclose it. The irony here is rich.

The problem is solved by the so-called rule of completeness: If a party contends that his adversary is taking information out of context or otherwise omitting essential details necessary to an accurate understanding of a document, the party may propose that the necessary context or details be included. An example: Smith tells the police, “I was in the bank but I didn’t rob it.” At the trial, the prosecutor disingenuously suggests to the jury that Smith was implicitly admitting guilt when he told the police “I was in the bank” the day it was robbed. Smith would then be entitled to introduce his complete statement — the “but I didn’t rob it” portion is necessary to the jury’s understanding that, far from implicitly admitting guilt, Smith explicitly denied guilt.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455757/release-the-memo-lets-see-in-it

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/27/18 4:03 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
That's fine. If Nunes wants to be slow and methodical, that's fine. What's not fine is "Schiff says it's a nothingburger... well, release it then and prove it!"

The Republicans can be slow and methodical or they can hysterically shout about how horrible the memo is and tweet #ReleaseTheMemo, as if they are calling on someone else to do what's right. It's very annoying that they're apparently choosing to do both.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/18 4:07 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic