Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

25 Largest Churches in the USA LINK

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 25 Largest Churches in the USA LINK Mat
Found this article on MSN website. It looks like the future of the church in American is "Independent" (or Baptist). Here's the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/25-largest-churches-in-america/ss-AAtjoAG?li=BBnb7Kz

It might be wise for young ministers who are starting out to consider the example of these churches.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/21/18 8:56 am

Post diakoneo
Didn't see any Church of Gods in the list.

Did see one Assembly of God...Tommy Barnett's church Dream City. Many of these churches, though not in a denomination have their roots in Pentecostal churches. Others it seems, try to imitate to some extent what is deemed modern Pentecostal worship.

I have had a couple of invitations to attend Church of the Highlands...never have.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/21/18 10:58 am

Post Cojak
Christians, especailly young ones think different than seniors. Yes I can remember back to comparing how I felt to that of my mom and dad, I thought different. I was not raised on a farm plowing horses. I did not experience the 'GREAT DEPRESSION'. I know my sons think different than I

Just yesterday my wife and I were talking about pastorial changes. Since it is happening at the two churches we call home in NC and FL. I said to her if I was a young person I would attend an independent congregational church.

I cannot believe the politics and secrecy. One overseer is a friend of mine, or I still assume so. Our votes went to him via e-mail, I do like that idea. I did not expect an extended conversation nor did I expect him to ask my opinion.

I did sort of expect a "Hope you are well." But I guess that could have lead to an extended conversation (Or dancing as RR says).

My prayers this morning asking for HIS will to be done, and for me to accept that. AMEN! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/21/18 11:16 am

Post Hodges & ARC Dean Steenburgh
diakoneo wrote:

Did see one Assembly of God...Tommy Barnett's church Dream City. Many of these churches, though not in a denomination have their roots in Pentecostal churches. Others it seems, try to imitate to some extent what is deemed modern Pentecostal worship.

I have had a couple of invitations to attend Church of the Highlands...never have.

True but there were many others not listed as well.
My son-in-law home church is Rock Church San Diego where he has been on staff for a few years & their 5 campuses average about 20,000. The main campus alone averages about 12,000 every Sunday ...I've attended several times & I enjoy it very much.
Rock Church is affiliated with ARC & Pastor Miles has recently experienced the gift of tongues with spoken evidence.

Church of the Highlands is an awesome church & Chris is an exceptional guy. I got to spend part of an afternoon with him a couple years ago & he is really a great guy with an awesome testimony, plus ARC is in partnership with the CoG for church planting efforts. Chris being one of the ARC founders is solid in his theology & if I lived near one of their campuses I would love to attend to give my family a solid place to worship Jesus.

Right here in my town of Modesto is The House A/G & their attendance sits at about 10,000 at the main campus. South of here in Fresno is People's Church A/G & their average attendance is over 12,000 & they only have one campus. I think the list was made by personal selection because who can really tell what church is growing the fastest?
My daughter attends Bethel in Redding & their attendance is well over 10,000 with a college campus in excess of 1,300 students. This year they had to turn away 1,100 applicants who qualified to attend. I've attended their worship services & have enjoyed it very much. Their communion service was absolutely one of the best I've ever been a part of.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/21/18 12:09 pm

Post highlands Jamie Noel
diakoneo wrote:

It would be worth your time....great church!
1/21/18 3:15 pm

Post Re: Hodges & ARC Cojak
[quote="Dean Steenburgh"]
diakoneo wrote:

True but there were many others not listed as well.
My son-in-law home church is Rock Church San Diego where he has been on staff for a few years & their 5 campuses average about 20,000. The main campus alone averages about 12,000 every Sunday ...I've attended several times & I enjoy it very much.
Rock Church is affiliated with ARC & Pastor Miles has recently experienced the gift of tongues with spoken evidence.

Thanks very much for commenting on this Dean. Just about a mile from this RV site is a Rock Church. As I drove by in the MH I mentioned to my girl, "We should try that one Sunday." But we instead sat here and heard a couple messages on TV I knew neither denomination until they were over. They could have been your STD COG. One was Presbyterian, fiery guy and a First Baptist preacher from a country town, also motivated and I could easily understand them.

But next Sunday we just may try the Rock! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/21/18 3:49 pm

Post Total of biggest in USA vs One in S Korea (L) famousflavius
Yoido Full Gospel Church, an Assemblies of God church In South Korea is closing in on 800,000 while the total of those listed in the article on USA mega churches is 522,622 Here is a youtube video about the big S. Korean Church
https://youtu.be/MMa-6AD5an8

I believe the doors to NKorea will soon open like the Soviet Union did when the wall came down back in 1989. This will allow the big S Korean church to go into NKorea and share the gospel. Good times for the worldwide mega-church.
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/22/18 1:10 pm

Post Re: Total of biggest in USA vs One in S Korea (L) Mat
famousflavius wrote:
Yoido Full Gospel Church, an Assemblies of God church In South Korea is closing in on 800,000 while the total of those listed in the article on USA mega churches is 522,622 Here is a youtube video about the big S. Korean Church
https://youtu.be/MMa-6AD5an8

I believe the doors to NKorea will soon open like the Soviet Union did when the wall came down back in 1989. This will allow the big S Korean church to go into NKorea and share the gospel. Good times for the worldwide mega-church.

At one time, as I understand it, there were more Christians in the Northern part of Korea than the South. It was the "vacuum" of WWII, with Japan's dominance of the Korea being ended (which was a very good thing) and the void being filled by a dictator aliened with the communist in the North and the South's dictator being aliened with the West.

Many of the Koreans who have crossed the border in the North and sought sanctuary in other countries were Christians. I agree, there will be opportunity for Christianity to replace the worship of the Kims in the North.

As to the effectiveness of mega-churches in changing society and spreading the Gospel, I have some doubts. Especially in regards to the ones in the USA.

Mat

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/23/18 10:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic