Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What does God call you?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What does God call you? bradfreeman
WHAT DOES GOD CALL YOU?

"But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.”" Acts 10:14,15

The Law called these foods unholy and unclean. God didn't.

"And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean." Acts 10:28

Peter got the message. Call people what God calls them....clean. Tell people them the Truth - that God in Christ has cleansed them. If they hear and believe this Truth, cleanness and holiness will be born in them.

The Law or a mean preacher may call you unholy and unclean. God doesn't.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/21/18 6:41 am

Post Gal. 4:7 brotherjames
He calls me His child and an heir. Not a slave. My sermon for today. Acts-celerater
1/21/18 9:24 am

Post The Apostle Paul refers to believers as... Mark Ledbetter
saints....

not sinners saved by grace.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
1/21/18 8:28 pm

Post Cojak
I would feel very much out of my league to say what God calls me, since I haven't heard his voice call me, But I do believe he Knows me. I Pray that he does. I do not care what he calls me, just so I am his child, tho so very unworthy!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/22/18 12:12 am

Post Some kind of attempt to out Actscelerate posters? famousflavius
Is this some kind of attempt to out the anonymous posters? Everybody knows that Jesus calls us by our names.

John 10: 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. (NIV)
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/22/18 3:44 pm

Post JLarry
Friend

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
1/23/18 10:15 pm

Post Re: Some kind of attempt to out Actscelerate posters? Cojak
famousflavius wrote:
Is this some kind of attempt to out the anonymous posters? Everybody knows that Jesus calls us by our names.

John 10: 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. (NIV)

Smile Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/23/18 10:22 pm

Post Ditto bonnie knox
JLarry wrote:
Friend

John 15:15

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

I also like the Molly O'Day song that references Isaiah 43:1 and says "He has called me by my name and I am his."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/18 10:56 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Cojak wrote:
I would feel very much out of my league to say what God calls me, since I haven't heard his voice call me, But I do believe he Knows me. I Pray that he does. I do not care what he calls me, just so I am his child, tho so very unworthy!

Same here ...always better to go humble & let Him be the lifter of your head.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/18 8:12 pm

Post Isa 58:12
He calls me "peculiar" 1Pet 2:9, it is the same "peculiar" found in Torah Ex 19:5: now therefore, if you will obey My voice indeed, & keep my Covenant (Torah/Law) then shall you be a "treasure" into to Me above all peoples, for all the Earth is mine

Duet 14:2: for you are and holy (set apart) people unto the L-rd your G-d, and has chosen you to be a "peculiar" people unto Himself above all the nations of the Earth

Deut 26:18: and the L-rd has a vouched you this day to be a peculiar people as he has promised you, & that you should keep all his Commandments / Torah / instructions / Laws

Others, PS 135:4, Eccl 2:8, Titus 2:14, 1Pet 2:9. So, in all Texts of the Bible, His "peculiar" people keep His Laws/ Commandments 😋

That goes against Brad what you say about the Law says about people
Shalom, shalom
2/1/18 9:00 am

Post UncleJD
Isa 58:12 wrote:

Others, PS 135:4, Eccl 2:8, Titus 2:14, 1Pet 2:9. So, in all Texts of the Bible, His "peculiar" people keep His Laws/ Commandments 😋

That goes against Brad what you say about the Law says about people
Shalom, shalom

So you mention Titus 2:14 Which you claim means Jesus purified us by the law/Torah? That is troubling and sad. (If I misread your intent, I apologize)

Titus 2:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/1/18 9:46 am

Post Isa 58 has zeal without knowledge brotherjames
He has intentionally overlooked the Book of Hebrews particularly chapter 8
I post it here just in case he might read it and be set free, note particularly the last verse - the new (better covenant) makes the old covenant OBSOLETE (NIV for easy understanding of English)
Heb 8:1-13 NIV Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, (2) and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being. (3) Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. (4) If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. (5) They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." (6) But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises. (7) For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. (Cool But God found fault with the people and said: "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. (9) It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. (10) This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. (11) No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. (12) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (13) By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Acts-celerater
2/1/18 10:12 am

Post Dave Dorsey
The reference to Romans 10 nails it. For being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Isa said in another thread that his righteousness is based on Christ, and that he keeps the law because he is saved, not to be saved. But what of Christians who do not keep the law of Moses? Will they go to Heaven? If they will not, then it is clear that keeping the law is required for salvation (and therefore for righteousness) according to that view.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 10:33 am

Post Dave Dorsey
To the OP, I say He calls me justified by grace through faith.

There are so many correct and glorious answers to this question.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 10:49 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
No matter how we answer - Brad's rebuttal will be as if we answered:

He calls me a hired hand, a slave, a sinner lucky that He died for my sins - but where I still have to earn my way into heaven.
2/1/18 2:45 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Paul repeatedly called himself a servant/slave (duolos) of Christ Jesus. Romans 6 talks about how we are now slaves of righteousness and slaves of God, rather than slaves to sin. Paul elsewhere refers to himself as a prisoner of Jesus Christ. If it was good enough for Paul, it's good enough for me. Very Happy [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 3:03 pm

Post UncleJD
Isn't it nice to have both the left and right ditch represented on Acts again? If we get too close to one, the other will call us out! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/1/18 4:06 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
Isn't it nice to have both the left and right ditch represented on Acts again? If we get too close to one, the other will call us out!

I disagree with a lot of what Brad posts, although I really appreciate his rightful denounciation of the works-based try-harder use-these-principles evangelicalism that gets preached so much today (not just by old school folks, but ESPECIALLY by attractional megachurches). With that said, I can't in good conscience agree with Brad being the yin to Isa's yang. I'm confident Brad is a brother, despite my opinion that he at points seriously errant in his beliefs. With due respect to Isa, who is surely a nice guy, that is not at all clear with him.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 4:44 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Isn't it nice to have both the left and right ditch represented on Acts again? If we get too close to one, the other will call us out!

I disagree with a lot of what Brad posts, although I really appreciate his rightful denounciation of the works-based try-harder use-these-principles evangelicalism that gets preached so much today (not just by old school folks, but ESPECIALLY by attractional megachurches). With that said, I can't in good conscience agree with Brad being the yin to Isa's yang. I'm confident Brad is a brother, despite my opinion that he at points seriously errant in his beliefs. With due respect to Isa, who is surely a nice guy, that is not at all clear with him.

please don't think I'm questioning anyone's salvation here, but yeah I lean closer to Brad's views than to the other's. I really feel pretty close to the middle when these 2 go at it though Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/1/18 5:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
please don't think I'm questioning anyone's salvation here, but yeah I lean closer to Brad's views than to the other's. I really feel pretty close to the middle when these 2 go at it though Smile

If only we could somehow harness proof texting into a usable source of power. Laughing

Just teasing, guys. As a poster, it's been a long time since I enjoyed Acts as much as I have over the last few weeks. And as an admin, it's really good to see the forum being active.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/18 6:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic