Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Government shutdown

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Government shutdown Cojak
Just wondering how you are surviving with the government shut down?

I smile (in disgust) at the government shut down. I worked in DC during two shutdowns. The workers love it. They know they don't necessarily have to go to work if they are non essential (most of them) Of the 36 people who worked for me three were military and just as much work got done.

Not only does the government worker not have to work, but they know they will get paid for that time. It will not go against sick days nor vacation time.

I noticed the billions it costs the government for a shut down. I guess that is counting the lost hourly wage mostly, not in production because all lost 'work' will be caught up.

I sorta smile also thinking about a joke statement:

Week long conferences in corporations shows how many people are not needed to keep a company running.
Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/20/18 10:18 am

Post Re: Government shutdown Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
Not only does the government worker not have to work, but they know they will get paid for that time. It will not go against sick days nor vacation time.

This isn't necessarily the case. Some friends of mine were paid during the long shutdown in 1995, but not during the 16 day shutdown in 2013. Or perhaps vice-versa -- I don't recall exactly.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/20/18 10:57 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Not to worry, fellers. The shutdown will change nothing. Acts-pert Poster
1/20/18 1:33 pm

Post I just emptied my savings account roughridercog
My son, an Army 1st Lt. is at Captains training. Now there is no money for rent, food, gas, utilities, etc. He hated to ask for help, but he had no choice. I did what any father would do whose son had a real need. I helped him and would do it over and over. But I'm angered with an impotent anger over politicians holding American citizens for ransom. If it continues, I know God will help and we will find some way to help him, but I pray that people call and keep calling their representatives and senators.

Please be praying for us. Sorry I can't be more pleasant right now.
1/20/18 3:25 pm

Post Re: I just emptied my savings account Nature Boy Florida
roughridercog wrote:
My son, an Army 1st Lt. is at Captains training. Now there is no money for rent, food, gas, utilities, etc. He hated to ask for help, but he had no choice. I did what any father would do whose son had a real need. I helped him and would do it over and over. But I'm angered with an impotent anger over politicians holding American citizens for ransom. If it continues, I know God will help and we will find some way to help him, but I pray that people call and keep calling their representatives and senators.

Illegal aliens have more rights than he does and there are Senators willing to fight for them instead of our military personnel.

Pretty ridiculous.
1/20/18 4:37 pm

Post Re: I just emptied my savings account Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Illegal aliens have more rights than he does and there are Senators willing to fight for them instead of our military personnel.

Pretty ridiculous.

And you've got this on top of it: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/20/chuck-schumer-2013-dems-shut-government-immigration-politics-idiocy/

“I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say I’m going to shut the government down, I’m going to not pay our bills unless I get my way. It’s a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis.” - Senator Chuck Schumer, 2013

Unfortunately, I think the Dems are spot in their strategy. They know the Republicans will get the blame because they are in charge, even though it was their filibuster that shut things down.

If I was McConnell, I would have nuked the filibuster once and for all. I like the filibuster and I think it's generally good parliamentary policy, but it's not required by the Constitution, and if the Dems are gonna use it to shut the government down and then blame the Republicans for what they've done -- well, they're right, the Republicans are in charge, and they could have and should have nuked the filibuster once and for all to keep the government funded. If the Dems and media want to cry, give 'em something to cry about.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/20/18 5:49 pm

Post Re: I just emptied my savings account Carolyn Smith
roughridercog wrote:

(((Rough))) Prayers for you & your son.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/20/18 7:37 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Trump will prevail in this. People are seeing that the Dems prefer illegals to Americans.
1/20/18 8:46 pm

Post Cojak
Of course I am seaking from personal experience at one government office. My pay was late once, but I never lost a penny on the shut down. It was late. I am very surprised to hear about RR's son and surprised that ANY government worker was not paid back pay. Maybe they treat DC military and Civilians different. Or this time they are shutting down more than usual because of Less polirtical agreement.

Certainly did not mean to say NO ONE IS HURT. What I stated is my experience. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/21/18 10:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic