Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bethel Church's Glory Cloud Video Finally Released: Is Bill Johnson's Gold Dust Cloud Real? (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bethel Church's Glory Cloud Video Finally Released: Is Bill Johnson's Gold Dust Cloud Real? (L) Old Time Country Preacher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9eAgjH9cJQ Acts-pert Poster
1/18/18 1:44 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Video is 7 years old.

What has been happening with it lately?

Has anyone put it under a microscope and tested them for pure gold consistency?
1/18/18 3:08 pm

Post I don't believe in this stuff, but... Aaron Scott
I do find it odd that, apparently, no one has come along and confessed, "Yeah, I was told to put some gold glitter in the air conditioner vents, then turn it on when the preacher said 'the streets are gold!'"

Or has someone done that?

Surely, the preacher would have to have some assistance, right?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/18/18 3:44 pm

Post Re: I don't believe in this stuff, but... roughridercog
Aaron Scott wrote:
I do find it odd that, apparently, no one has come along and confessed, "Yeah, I was told to put some gold glitter in the air conditioner vents, then turn it on when the preacher said 'the streets are gold!'"

Or has someone done that?

Surely, the preacher would have to have some assistance, right?
l

Naw, I only worked with feather on the ceiling fan to make angels wings feathers. Laughing
1/18/18 5:50 pm

Post LOOKS REAL TO ME brotherjames
Not sure why you would doubt an obvious manifestation. Didn't say it was gold NBF not sure what it was. But don't you think God can do ANYTHING? What's the point? Not that Bill Johnson got any Glory, just to show God was pleased and He was there. Jehovah Shammah. If you go back and read some of the accounts of Azusa Street you will find numerous mentions of the Shekinah Glory cloud that came like a mist and other manifestations in the physical realm of wonders like this. The fire dept. was called on more than one occasion to Azusa because of the fire manifesting from the roof. No physical fire but it looked like something real and that has happened many times over the years in other places as well.

Why not?
Acts-celerater
1/20/18 8:13 pm

Post Re: LOOKS REAL TO ME Aaron Scott
brotherjames wrote:
Not sure why you would doubt an obvious manifestation. Didn't say it was gold NBF not sure what it was. But don't you think God can do ANYTHING? What's the point? Not that Bill Johnson got any Glory, just to show God was pleased and He was there. Jehovah Shammah. If you go back and read some of the accounts of Azusa Street you will find numerous mentions of the Shekinah Glory cloud that came like a mist and other manifestations in the physical realm of wonders like this. The fire dept. was called on more than one occasion to Azusa because of the fire manifesting from the roof. No physical fire but it looked like something real and that has happened many times over the years in other places as well.

Why not?

Brother James, I do believe that God can do these things. To be honest, though, the main reason I don't believe it is because...well, it just doesn't seem to sit right with me.

Perhaps I'd do better to keep my opinions to myself? But just as we all know that God can reveal things to His people, we also are wise to consider that there are Peter Popoffs in this world that will play God's people.

Even Simon the Sorcerer, until the real thing showed up, was considered to be moving in the power of God, apparently.

Like I said in my post, if it is scam, I am surprised that no one has come forward to admit it. But even that doesn't make me think everything is on the up and up (again, I could be wrong).

I remember watching a YouTube video of someone doing a magic trick with a spoon up against the wall. Every time they placed it on the wall, it would fall...but then the "prayed," and what do you know, it stuck! Yes, the moved it to a different place on the wall, etc. And it was obvious to anyone with any sense that it was not real. The person might have had good intentions (not sure if that's possible, but maybe), but what they did was give the devil and opportunity to cause people to dismiss the real move of God.

Just my thoughts. As I said, I could be wrong. I actually wouldn't mind at all if I were.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/20/18 9:07 pm

Post I think you're wrong brother brotherjames
Bill Johnson, contrary to what you may have read about him on this board, is a man of integrity. There is no way he would be involved in any chicanary or false signs. It is possible others did something he wasn't aware of but I doubt that is what happened. The video referenced was from 2011. He didn't even want it published. Not because it was fake, but because he didn't want people coming to Bethel for just signs. If, in the Presence of God these things happen, well then they happen. Bill is a friend of mine (not close but I've known him for 20 yrs plus). He was 4th gen. AG pastor before pulling out of the AG. His credibility and integrity whether you agree with all his teachings or not, are beyond reproach (and yes OT he missed it with Todd). So did I.

Btw Aaron, good work on the WOF thread. My feerlings exactly. Not a WOF pastor but I see many of their points similarly except on Jesus dying spiritually. He was an offering for sin. And since his spirit was the Spirit of God, how could God die? Duh. I didn't want to engage. You were doing fine.
Acts-celerater
1/20/18 10:38 pm

Post Re: I think you're wrong brother Dean Steenburgh
brotherjames wrote:
Bill Johnson, contrary to what you may have read about him on this board, is a man of integrity. There is no way he would be involved in any chicanary or false signs. It is possible others did something he wasn't aware of but I doubt that is what happened. The video referenced was from 2011. He didn't even want it published. Not because it was fake, but because he didn't want people coming to Bethel for just signs. If, in the Presence of God these things happen, well then they happen. Bill is a friend of mine (not close but I've known him for 20 yrs plus). He was 4th gen. AG pastor before pulling out of the AG. His credibility and integrity whether you agree with all his teachings or not, are beyond reproach (and yes OT he missed it with Todd). So did I.

Btw Aaron, good work on the WOF thread. My feerlings exactly. Not a WOF pastor but I see many of their points similarly except on Jesus dying spiritually. He was an offering for sin. And since his spirit was the Spirit of God, how could God die? Duh. I didn't want to engage. You were doing fine.

I agree with your post BJ.
My daughter attends Bethel & she enjoys it very much.
I've been there for their services & every single part of it has been fine quality from the greeting to the worship (DUH!!!) & to the preaching with good ole fashion altar calls. They just got approved to build a new sanctuary campus that will better accommodate their attendance & massive growth. This year they had 2,400 people apply for their college & could only admit 1,300 due to space & staffing. I know they've done some odd ball stuff a few times but then again who of us hasn't?
Besides, we tend to take shots at all the big churches (Warren, Osteen, Furtick ...etal) why don't we ever talk about us small churches lol

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/21/18 12:39 pm

Post Link
I seem to recall hearing about glory clouds and people seeing fire at the Azusa Street revival.
1/21/18 8:12 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
I seem to recall hearing about glory clouds and people seeing fire at the Azusa Street revival.

I Also recall hearing that the world was flat.
Acts-pert Poster
1/21/18 8:58 pm

Post bonnie knox
If you recall hearing that, you're either older than I thought or farther back in one of those Pikeville hollers than I thought.

Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Link wrote:

I Also recall hearing that the world was flat.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/21/18 9:23 pm

Post Cojak
With all due respect to the church, pastor and actions. IMO if the God of the universe would have sent a cloud of GOLD it would have been gold not man made glitter.

No I do not believe God filled teeth with gold. I believe my God would have given complete NEW real teeth and especially where someone wore false teeth. THAT is the miracle, man can fill teeth with gold. Why would God send a cloud of glitter when he could heal a complete children's hospital and send a real cloud of gold? God doesn't need a A/C outlet for a cloud. He never used one in the sky!

YOu get in the area of my family friend Earnest, who used his ear transmitter to tell folks their name and doctors name as he received the information from his wife. When caught, said it was to build the individual's faith.

I love God with all my heart, let's let Him do the miracles, okay? Embarassed

All that said, it is an opinion. If someone it doing a great work of God, I may not back them. But I will never say it is of the devil. UNLESS absolutely warned of God.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/22/18 12:30 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:
With all due respect to the church, pastor and actions. IMO if the God of the universe would have sent a cloud of GOLD it would have been gold not man made glitter.

No I do not believe God filled teeth with gold. I believe my God would have given complete NEW real teeth and especially where someone wore false teeth. THAT is the miracle, man can fill teeth with gold. Why would God send a cloud of glitter when he could heal a complete children's hospital and send a real cloud of gold? God doesn't need a A/C outlet for a cloud. He never used one in the sky!

YOu get in the area of my family friend Earnest, who used his ear transmitter to tell folks their name and doctors name as he received the information from his wife. When caught, said it was to build the individual's faith.

I love God with all my heart, let's let Him do the miracles, okay? Embarassed

All that said, it is an opinion. If someone it doing a great work of God, I may not back them. But I will never say it is of the devil. UNLESS absolutely warned of God.

Seems like Gods miracles recorded in the Bible met real needs.
Perhaps he has changed.
1/22/18 8:41 am

Post Re: I think you're wrong brother Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
This year they had 2,400 people apply for their college & could only admit 1,300 due to space & staffing.

I feel the heart of a certain saint rising up within me. Very Happy

At Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry:
  1. There is no accreditation.
  2. All classes are pass/fail.
  3. Assignments are done on the honor system.
  4. There's no faculty. According to the website, teaching is done by "apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists, and teachers" as well as "guest speakers".
Source: http://bssm.net/school/academics/

Sooonn, that ain't no college.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/22/18 9:31 am

Post Dave Dorsey
The glory of God is not glitter, and those who experienced it in Scripture (and who have testimonies of experiencing a measure of it today, including functional cessationists like Paul Washer) fell to their faces in fear and awe; they did not pull out their phones and record it for YouTube. They wept and repented of their sins; they did not cheer as if they had just watched a concert from their favorite band.

It is blasphemous to regard God's glory with such triteness and triviality!

I want to grab some of you by the shoulders and shake you! How can you be so easily deceived?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/22/18 9:46 am

Post Patrick Harris
I'm not going out on a limb and say it is not genuine, however, the evidence would say that it's not.
In almost every account of God's glory falling in the Bible those nearby couldn't stand or had great reverence or fear when it descended.
As far as saying the same thing happened in Azusa street, the accounts I've read also show that people were unable to stand under the weight of his presence as well.

People want God's presence so much (which is a good thing) that they are willing to rationalize almost anything today. I don't believe you would have people being able to gawk and take pictures as is seen in the video.
Acts Enthusiast
1/22/18 9:57 am

Patrick Harris wrote:
In almost every account of God's glory falling in the Bible those nearby couldn't stand or had great reverence or fear when it descended.

Yep, an in the Bethel video you see folks just casually standin aroun, you can hear laughin in the background, an cell phones galore takin pictures. All while the leftover Christmas glitter has been thrown into the ceiling lighting system.
Acts-pert Poster
1/22/18 1:59 pm

Post Re: I think you're wrong brother Old Time Country Preacher
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
This year they had 2,400 people apply for their college & could only admit 1,300 due to space & staffing.

4. There's no faculty. According to the website, teaching is done by "apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists, and teachers" as well as "guest speakers".

Dave, son, I bout lost ma dentures when I read this post. I mean I was horse-laughin it was so funny. You dead on here, son.
Acts-pert Poster
1/22/18 2:01 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

I want to grab some of you by the shoulders and shake you! How can you be so easily deceived?

Lack of solid exegesis, substantive hermeneutics and critical research skills. In Pikevillian terminology, they just plain ole gullible.
Acts-pert Poster
1/22/18 2:03 pm

Post Re: I think you're wrong brother Dean Steenburgh
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Dave, son, I bout lost ma dentures when I read this post. I mean I was horse-laughin it was so funny. You dead on here, son.

I can only imagine OT's laughter at the school of prophets mentioned in 1 Samuel 19 or those mentioned in 2 Kings 2 & 4.
We don't know of any accreditation & every time we read about them they seemed to be on a field trip so maybe some things are taught w/out secular credit ...who knows.
Facts are facts though, 1,100 applicants were turned away from a ministry school that only has room for 1,300 students & it ain't cheap.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/22/18 6:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic