Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastoral Covenant Groups

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastoral Covenant Groups Ernie Long
Back in the early 2000's the COG started Pastoral Covenant Groups, I attended the one in Dayton, OH and loved it. Pastors were growing in fellowship with one another and churches were helping and working together. It was a wonderful group of Pastors, who could trust each other. I took a church in Portsmouth, OH and had to leave the group.

I was wondering if these groups still exist and if so, does anyone know if KY has them?

Maybe it was just in Ohio that these groups existed. Tim Hill was the AB in Southern OH at the time and he was doing things to get Pastors to network and fellowship with each other in their communities.
Acts Enthusiast
1/16/18 7:20 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I was involved in a PCG in Florida for several years. Really a blessing. We have one where I am pastoring now in New Mexico. Because we are spread so far apart out here, we do most of our meetings online through a group video chat similar to Skype. It is not quite as good as being physically in the same room together, of course, but it is still good.

I would be very surprised if Bishop Rabon didn’t have PCGs in place there in KY.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/16/18 7:31 pm

Post Re: Pastoral Covenant Groups Dean Steenburgh
Ernie Long wrote:
Back in the early 2000's the COG started Pastoral Covenant Groups, I attended the one in Dayton, OH and loved it. Pastors were growing in fellowship with one another and churches were helping and working together. It was a wonderful group of Pastors, who could trust each other. I took a church in Portsmouth, OH and had to leave the group.

I was wondering if these groups still exist and if so, does anyone know if KY has them?

Maybe it was just in Ohio that these groups existed. Tim Hill was the AB in Southern OH at the time and he was doing things to get Pastors to network and fellowship with each other in their communities.

From what we've been told the very last CG in existence is in Northern Calif. under the direction of Bishop Steve Grandy. Smaller group meets once a month & a larger group meets every quarter.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/16/18 9:18 pm

Post bonnie knox
Our pastor is a member of a covenant group (here in North Carolina). It's been a blessing to him. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/16/18 10:29 pm

Post Da Sheik
They’re still out there. Regardless, I would encourage every pastor to be a part of some ministerial alliance. I’m a part of one in my city made up of many different denominational backgrounds. It is one of the great blessings of my life. Pastors need friends ! You soon find out we all face the same challenges. Acts Enthusiast
1/16/18 10:36 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I think Bill Isaacs is over the Pastoral Covenant Groups. Either he or your AB should be able to give you information about it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/17/18 12:25 am

Post Preacher777
Pastoral covenant groups can be a blessing. However, my greatest encouragement comes from one on one time with other pastors. My wife and I are also able to get beyond the surface when getting together with one couple at a time. Friendly Face
1/17/18 6:52 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic