Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will All Israel Be Saved Before Jesus Returns?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Will All Israel Be Saved Before Jesus Returns? Link
In the book of Romans, Paul writes the blindess in part is happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. So some of Israel can see and perceive that Jesus is the Messiah. But some of them do not believe. The blindness is partial.

This blindness lasts until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

Quote:
Romans 11
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,[g] as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
(NKJV)

I had previously envisioned a scenario where Israel accepts Jesus as the Messiah at a kind of long second coming or else right after it. They look on Jesus Whom they have pierced, and mourning for Him. I thought at that time, they might repent. Some of the end times teachers say that Jesus will come and save Jerusalem from an attack. Some people survive. Tribulational Jews might then believe in Jesus. But maybe my timing was wrong on this.

Peter suggests the 'Men of Israel' he preached to repent and be converted that God might send Jesus back.
Quote:

Acts 3
19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

(NKJV)

So is there a mass conversion of the Jews to occur before Jesus comes back? Was this an offer and they just didn't take Peter... and the Lord... up on the offer?

I'd wondered where some of the early Pentecostals and post-mil folks got the idea of a final end-times revival. If the last of the Gentile masses are going to come into the church followed by the conversion of national Israel, it makes sense in that case that there may be large-scale end-times revival.

What do you think?
1/14/18 11:05 am

Post Resident Skeptic
All of GEOGRAPHICAL Israel will be saved.
1/14/18 11:36 am

Post Link... Aaron Scott
I have never taken it that Israel's salvation would cause Jesus to return one bit earlier than planned. I simply took it that God would send Jesus to touch them, save them, bless them.

At the same time, I think the notion of ALL Israel being saved hints that some of the "deadlines" we have created--e.g., "Once Jesus returns, it's over if you haven't been saved..."--may need to be reexamined. I tend to lean toward the fact that when Jesus returns, Israel will realize the truth. I believe that they are indeed ignorant, but not necessarily doing it maliciously or against what they KNOW to be the case. If so, I like to think that along with the Jews, Jesus will save others that simply did not know the truth.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/14/18 4:10 pm

Post Rom 11:29 says all Israel shall be saved in a moment brotherjames
They are blinded now for our sakes but when the fullness of the time of the Gentiles is come (before the return of Messiah) those blinders will come off somehow and they will look upon him whom they pierced, not necessarily in the flesh but revelation shall come a nd they will confess Yeshua as messiah. How, when, don't know, soon I hope as all of the diaspora has about returned. Paul said it best in Rom 11:32
O how deep are God’s riches, and wisdom, and knowledge! How unfathomable are his decisions and unexplainable are his ways!
Acts-celerater
1/14/18 10:55 pm

Post Re: Rom 11:29 says all Israel shall be saved in a moment Link
brotherjames wrote:
They are blinded now for our sakes but when the fullness of the time of the Gentiles is come (before the return of Messiah) those blinders will come off somehow and they will look upon him whom they pierced, not necessarily in the flesh but revelation shall come a nd they will confess Yeshua as messiah. How, when, don't know, soon I hope as all of the diaspora has about returned. Paul said it best in Rom 11:32
O how deep are God’s riches, and wisdom, and knowledge! How unfathomable are his decisions and unexplainable are his ways!

What about the diaspora of the 'lost tribes' of the nation of Israel as opposed to Judah? How can we know if they have returned? Who are they?
1/15/18 4:52 am

Post I would suggest brotherjames
That's God's problem. But seriously, DNA testing has revealed to many who didn't know they were Jews to be in fact Jewish. Not every Jew has to return you know. But prior to 1948 not very many Christian scholars ever expected Isaiah and Ezekiels prophecy to come pass either. I guess we'll know soon enough, I hope. Maranatha. Acts-celerater
1/15/18 12:23 pm

Post bradfreeman
...before He returns?

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/15/18 1:21 pm

Post Re: Link... Link
Aaron Scott wrote:
I have never taken it that Israel's salvation would cause Jesus to return one bit earlier than planned. I simply took it that God would send Jesus to touch them, save them, bless them.

IMO, the Acts 3 quote above makes more sense seeing Jesus being sent as 'literal' since it talks about heaven receiving Him. I hadn't thought of Israel's salvation as happening before Jesus' return.

Some might argue that Israel rejected the offer and the Gospel went to the Gentiles to provoke them to jealousy as a result, resulting in a different end times scenario than what Peter offered, but I am not sure. The salvation of Israel is still prophesied.

One scenario is the second coming takes a while to complete and Israel repents then, when they literally look on Him Whom they have pierced. Revelation refers to this verse in chapter 1, I believe, in connection to Christ's return.

Quote:

At the same time, I think the notion of ALL Israel being saved hints that some of the "deadlines" we have created--e.g., "Once Jesus returns, it's over if you haven't been saved..."--may need to be reexamined. I tend to lean toward the fact that when Jesus returns, Israel will realize the truth. I believe that they are indeed ignorant, but not necessarily doing it maliciously or against what they KNOW to be the case. If so, I like to think that along with the Jews, Jesus will save others that simply did not know the truth.

I went to Family Worship Center in the mid 1980's. That is where Jimmy Swaggart ministers. He wasn't the official pastor, but seemed to run the place anyway. Anyhow, he taught on eschatology and had a man named John G. Hall come in with a big chart on the stage and all that sort of thing. I think an adult Sunday school class at 12 with the Bible college professor taught eschatology, too.

The Pentecostal dispensational theory I heard had the rapture and the saints transformed or resurrected at that time. Then Jews converting during the tribulation, and/or being survivors after Jesus returned. The pre-trib raptured and resurrected saints had glorified bodies. Maybe the tribulational martyrs got bodies. I forget that point. I'm guessing based on Revelation and how that would fit if someone assumes pre-trib. But they taught that there would be people in normal human bodies who survived the tribulation and the second coming who would repopulate the earth for 1000 years. But life would be prolonged. A 100 year old man would be considered young. This was a time for the OT prophecies to be fulfilled.

Jimmy Swaggart taught that David would be a king under Jesus. I imagine he's getting that from Ezekiel 37. Some interpreters interpret David there to prophetically refer to Christ. He also taught that there would be sacrifices as a memorial looking backwards. The Bible does have passages about such things that he took as literal fulfillment, which I suppose other dispensationalists interpret the same way.

Since I can't find a case for pre-trib in the Bible, but find a pretty good case against it in II Thessalonians 1, I don't hold to pre-trib. My thinking is kind of pre-trib dispensational. I think dispensationalism, especially as taught by non-Pentecostals can be too rigid, restricting God's activities in certain ways, not because the Bible teaches it, but because it doesn't fit with dispensational theory. I also wonder if there might be some cyclical, minifulfillments going on that fit with other theories.

Now, I wonder if there might be some end-time revival there in the Bible that I hadn't really considered with the everything-is-going-to-get-worse dispensational viewpoint. Some of the early Pentecostals may have been post-mil, influenced by Methodists. Or they could have been like third wave Charismatics in the NAR, who get bits and pieces of different eschatologies mixed in. Some of the early Pentecostals talked about the great end-time revival and the latter rain on the church. Kind of positive thinking that may align with post-mil. Dispensational thought seems to have taken over.

But it seems like a lot of Pentecostals don't get much eschatology other than Jesus is coming back and if you aren't right by then,it's too late. I don't think I've gotten any detailed eschatology at a Pentecostal church other than my time listening to Swaggart, A/G Bible college professors and the itinerant A/G dispensational preacher who came through.
1/15/18 10:13 pm

Post Link
One Gereja Bethel Indonesia, a church that calls itself 'Charismatic' but is also counted as part of the COG (Cleveland's) denomination (the most populous national membership the last I read) had an eschatology conference back in the 1990's. I was post trib, but ended up helping with the event reluctantly mainly because of relationship issues in the church. It turned out to be as cheesy, IMO, as I feared. The cheesy newspaper eschatology, with this chip might be the mark of the beast kind of stuff. And some guy making evil faces with an evil laugh in the video who was supposed to be the anti-Christ. I don't really have a thumb on the pulse of the denomination, so I can't say how widespread in-depth eschatological teaching is in Indonesia.

What about COG's in the US? How common is it to have someone teach in-depth in the area of eschatology from the pulpit? Have any of you experienced this or done it yourselves? Or is eschatology just assumed? Is it taught in Sunday school in any depth these days?
1/15/18 10:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic