Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

delete
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resident Skeptic
AussieRain wrote:
Here’s the deal Res

I don’t know Tim Hill’s politics (and neither do you), and I don’t care. I care about fidelity to the Lord.

In the same way that you suggest we can spiritualize our apathy, we can also spiritualize our secular political passions and equate them with doctrinal importance.

The COG is a very diverse, multicultural body. Some have been very hurt. The pain of a brother or sister in Christ supersedes politics.

And it wasn’t even a political statement, it was a statement about character and decorum.

Tim Hill might want the wall (he might not), I don’t know and nor do you.

Tim Hill might be in favor of the tax law (he might not be), I don’t know and nor do you.

I don’t know who he voted for, and nor do you.

But he believes our leaders shouldn’t disparage other countries with profanity.

(And if the President didn’t use the term - why didn’t the White House staff deny it immediately on the same day, instead of waiting numerous news cycles? Point is, he likely said it)

The COG has a large Haitian, Caribbean, and African constituency. Their feelings supersede my feelings for any secular politician. And my feelings for my brothers and sisters in Christ supersede my feelings for any secular politician.

I promise you, if you ever express an opinion to me privately about someone that might be taken as an insult if it was expressed publically, I won't go running to the press and blab it to make you look bad. I would actually care about the feelings of those you mentioned. Dick Durban did not care about the feelings of Africans or Haitians or he never would have done what he did.

I once had to tell my dad's sister-in-law (his brother's wife) something unflattering about my dad. My intention was not to defame my father, but to keep his sister-in-law from making a huge mistake in something that related to him. But what did she do? She went right to my father and repeated what I said. Now, do you really think she did that because she cared about my dad? No. She relished in the thought of being able to drive a wedge between my father and I. What she did, and the discord she tried to sew said volumes about HER. The same holds true for this incident with Trump. This was a private meeting and it was not intended for private opinions to be repeated. Trump certainly was not attacking black people. He was expressing an opinion that is shared by decent people, that we cannot take in any more 3rd world dependents. His harsh tone was in response to the insulting bill proposal that this group of 6 handed to him. Thank God for a President who will show rage against these establishment types.
1/13/18 9:08 pm

Post Re: delete Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I had hoped that Acts had changed but I was wrong.

Sorry Eddie, this is still a discussion forum. All of us will not agree with you 100%,

I think everyone on this forum bar none, admire the things you have accomplished in your life. Gave to the causes you have pushed and took time to comment on your posts.

I am pretty confused, to tell the truth. Confused Confused Confused

I do wish you the best! Cool Keep running! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/13/18 11:06 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Eddie; may I say, that you are Acts? Acts is not nearly as good without you. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/13/18 11:32 pm

Post Re: delete UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I had hoped that Acts had changed but I was wrong.

Sorry Eddie, this is still a discussion forum. All of us will not agree with you 100%,

I think everyone on this forum bar none, admire the things you have accomplished in your life. Gave to the causes you have pushed and took time to comment on your posts.

I am pretty confused, to tell the truth. Confused Confused Confused

I do wish you the best! Cool Keep running! Cool

My thoughts exactly. And I hope it wasn't my opinion that offended. I would never want to offend you Eddie. I may not agree 100% with you all the time, and you know I didn't want Trump to be nominated, but now that he has won there is just way too much Trump-hysteria coming from people who praised the other side who did as bad or worse (the very best among them 'only' believe its ok to slaughter human babies), that I just don't think most of what I hear is true unless it comes out of his own mouth. That said, there has been enough to make me shake my head and just groan, but not enough to wish him further failure because I strongly believe, just as I stated during the primaries, that if he fails badly enough (to where he is forced to resign or impeached), that we will not have another Republican or conservative government for the rest of my lifetime, meaning my kids can kiss any good future goodbye. All that said, you add a lot here and I hope you come back.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/14/18 1:39 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Y'all have run Eddie off again?

*sigh* Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/14/18 7:24 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Y'all have run Eddie off again?

*sigh* Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Embarassed Shocked
1/14/18 8:15 pm

Post Eddie...you need to stick around. Aaron Scott
Look, you know we aren't nearly the wild west show we used to be. And you're part of the reason that we began to grow milder. You know that everyone isn't going to agree with everything someone says. But I hope you know that when we have all these differing opinions floating around, it slowly, almost imperceptibly, begins to change people's notions.

You might recall that there was a time when it was almost a capital crime here to not hold to the pre-trib rapture. That's certainly changed. But it likely took SCORES of discussions to slowly make headway. It gave someone a little pause here...and different perception there...and eventually, even if we still don't all agree, we came to at least the understanding that different positions could not only be held in good faith, but could be held with good reason.

Don't leave us, dude. Keep hanging around and putting your thoughts out there.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/14/18 10:10 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I believe Eddie is stunned when everyone doesn't believe like he does.

I always feel the same way.

How can everyone else be so wrong?
1/15/18 8:14 am

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I believe Eddie is stunned when everyone doesn't believe like he does.

I always feel the same way.

How can everyone else be so wrong?

MAN oh man, do I ever wrestle with that. Shocked Wink
1/15/18 2:23 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... Cojak
[quote="UncleJD"]... Maybe Trump should NEVER invite any democrat to talk again, it doesn't do a bit of good anyway.[/quote]

You are probably right on that statement. He has a majority, he might better try to pull them together as the last admin. did on the Obamacare boon- doggle, etc.

I honestly wish we could get some bi-partisan cooperation, and maybe we can, but It seems 'leaking' or stabbing is the plan of the day.

What is the best for the country? That fact is out the window. It appears for too many it is "The sky is falling down UNLESS TRUMP IS OUT OF THE EQUATION." Shocked

Remember when ISIS was taking over a couple countries, it seemed? The news every day "Another ISIS Victory." Religious news, "Every Christian in some village was killed."

Probably some of it still happening, but not as wholesale as it was with Obama in office.

Who is SOMEWHAT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ISIS DOWNSIZE? Doesn't seem to matter does it? Sad
1/15/18 11:00 pm

Post diakoneo
Resident Skeptic wrote:
AussieRain wrote:
Here’s the deal Res

I don’t know Tim Hill’s politics (and neither do you), and I don’t care. I care about fidelity to the Lord.

In the same way that you suggest we can spiritualize our apathy, we can also spiritualize our secular political passions and equate them with doctrinal importance.

The COG is a very diverse, multicultural body. Some have been very hurt. The pain of a brother or sister in Christ supersedes politics.

And it wasn’t even a political statement, it was a statement about character and decorum.

Tim Hill might want the wall (he might not), I don’t know and nor do you.

Tim Hill might be in favor of the tax law (he might not be), I don’t know and nor do you.

I don’t know who he voted for, and nor do you.

But he believes our leaders shouldn’t disparage other countries with profanity.

(And if the President didn’t use the term - why didn’t the White House staff deny it immediately on the same day, instead of waiting numerous news cycles? Point is, he likely said it)

The COG has a large Haitian, Caribbean, and African constituency. Their feelings supersede my feelings for any secular politician. And my feelings for my brothers and sisters in Christ supersede my feelings for any secular politician.

I promise you, if you ever express an opinion to me privately about someone that might be taken as an insult if it was expressed publically, I won't go running to the press and blab it to make you look bad. I would actually care about the feelings of those you mentioned. Dick Durban did not care about the feelings of Africans or Haitians or he never would have done what he did.

I once had to tell my dad's sister-in-law (his brother's wife) something unflattering about my dad. My intention was not to defame my father, but to keep his sister-in-law from making a huge mistake in something that related to him. But what did she do? She went right to my father and repeated what I said. Now, do you really think she did that because she cared about my dad? No. She relished in the thought of being able to drive a wedge between my father and I. What she did, and the discord she tried to sew said volumes about HER. The same holds true for this incident with Trump. This was a private meeting and it was not intended for private opinions to be repeated. Trump certainly was not attacking black people. He was expressing an opinion that is shared by decent people, that we cannot take in any more 3rd world dependents. His harsh tone was in response to the insulting bill proposal that this group of 6 handed to him. Thank God for a President who will show rage against these establishment types.

You have a very good point here. This was a private meeting. No cameras. The fact that they went blabbing stuff like this proves to me how divisive they are. They would rather be destructive if it fulfills their narrow agenda of getting reelected.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/16/18 8:47 am

Post Cojak
diakoneo wrote:

... They would rather be destructive if it fulfills their narrow agenda of getting reelected.

Both sides have a big problem with this but with all the press waiting to snap up anything to try to stop the present administration, it seems much easier to get WORLD-wide coverage, thus get the writer and speaker a bigger bully pulpit and the heck with the 'best for the country'. It hurts. Sad
1/16/18 11:19 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic