Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

delete
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post delete Eddie Robbins
I had hoped that Acts had changed but I was wrong.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/13/18 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/12/18 8:53 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
“Trump is a baby Christian,” they said. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/12/18 10:23 pm

Post Cojak
I have noticed that "THEY" SAY A LOT OF THINGS. ..... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/12/18 11:35 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
“I’ve traveled too much in Haiti and all over Africa to let the day end without a comment about the President’s reported comments about these and other nations and their citizens.

In a lifetime of ministry, I have seen people around the world who are suffering– and not because of their own doing, including precious people in Haiti & Africa. Our national leaders must be better than to make disparagingly crude, demeaning and vulgar comments about anyone, anywhere.

The Language of Love, Lift and Redemption always works best whether that’s in the church, the community or in Washington DC.

God help us all!”

Agreed. Tim Hill is right on here. The President helped nothing talking like that.
1/13/18 9:48 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
For you Eddie:

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/nydailynews_trump_11118.jpg?itok=EfbJ3thy
1/13/18 9:52 am

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
“I’ve traveled too much in Haiti and all over Africa to let the day end without a comment about the President’s reported comments about these and other nations and their citizens.

In a lifetime of ministry, I have seen people around the world who are suffering– and not because of their own doing, including precious people in Haiti & Africa. Our national leaders must be better than to make disparagingly crude, demeaning and vulgar comments about anyone, anywhere.

The Language of Love, Lift and Redemption always works best whether that’s in the church, the community or in Washington DC.

God help us all!”

I like this statement too. Trump must do better. I still support him though and hope he can somehow overcome his big mouth.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/13/18 2:08 pm

Post .. Eddie Robbins

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/13/18 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/13/18 3:29 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

God help us all!”

I like this statement too. Trump must do better. I still support him though and hope he can somehow overcome his big mouth.

It’s something every day. He can’t help himself

[url]Trump reportedly asks: Who's the 'pretty Korean lady'?[/url]

The link won’t work......anyway, it’s on the Fox News webpage

Yeah, I know, but I also note that its always "reportedly", and the "reporter" is always a dem who subscribes with Obama to Alinsky's Rules for Radicals which condones lies for "the greater good", so I don't know who to believe but When Dick Durban is the only one saying that he said "s-hole" and simultaneously trying to convince the world that this is "the most vile thing ever done in the Whitehouse" in his time, I also note that he was in office during Slick Willy's "dress episode", which can't possibly be as vial as saying this right? Anyways, I agree with the spirit in which Brother Hill said what he did, its very uniting and all. I just have my doubts of the sources of these "reports".

I don't doubt that Trump said something that Durban didn't like though, and may have said the word in some context other than reported. Maybe Trump should NEVER invite any democrat to talk again, it doesn't do a bit of good anyway.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/13/18 4:37 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:

God help us all!”

Tim Hill should be smarter than to comment before he knows whether or not it really happened as is being reported by the media. And again, has he EVER commented on the Clinton's theft of the Haitian people? No. But that is the Christian anti-Trump crowd for you. They are so inconsistent. They strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.
1/13/18 4:48 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... Quiet Wyatt
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

God help us all!”

Tim Hill should be smarter than to comment before he knows whether or not it really happened as is being reported by the media. And again, has he EVER commented on the Clinton's theft of the Haitian people? No. But that is the Christian anti-Trump crowd for you. They are so inconsistent. They strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

I am almost certain Bro. Hill voted for Trump. I know he is not a Trump basher or a NeverTrumper.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/13/18 4:58 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Another point.

It is amazing how passive many Christian leaders are on some issues, but are outspoken on others.

Our friend Eddie Robbins was once very outspoken on the Fair Tax on this board. I tried very hard to get local pastors to come to Fair Tax meetings so they could see how it would effect religious liberty by eliminating the Federal Government's ability to control their speech with the threat of removing tax-exempt status. The answer I got was always the same, "Oh, God has not called me to be political". Not even the positive ECONOMIC benefits of the Fair Tax could sway them to take a look. Ah, but let Trump look crossways at someone, these same ministers are tripping over themselves to get to a microphone or a computer keyboard to chastise Trump for what they perceive to be insults. Be consistent , for the love of God!
1/13/18 5:00 pm

Post Resident Skeptic AussieRain
I don’t care what your political leanings are, but you have absolutely no right to disparage the General Overseer of the Church of God. Dr. Hill has more integrity in his shoe than the man you so religiously and zealously follow has in his entire existence. His addressing of the situation is targeted at the COG audience - it’s not as if he’s getting a check to make political commentary on Fox News.

Moderators, do we seriously have to put up with words like “coward” and questions to Tim Hill’s intelligence?

Res, I don’t care what you say about a political leader in Washington, but leave Tim Hill out of your name calling.
Friendly Face
1/13/18 5:40 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
"They didn't say this stuff about President Obama!"

...well, 80% of evangelicals didn't support President Obama like they do/did Trump. Leaders have an obligation to speak about things like this because Trump has broad evangelical support that Obama never did.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/13/18 5:49 pm

Post Re: Resident Skeptic Resident Skeptic
AussieRain wrote:
I don’t care what your political leanings are, but you have absolutely no right to disparage the General Overseer of the Church of God. Dr. Hill has more integrity in his shoe than the man you so religiously and zealously follow has in his entire existence. His addressing of the situation is targeted at the COG audience - it’s not as if he’s getting a check to make political commentary on Fox News.

Moderators, do we seriously have to put up with words like “coward” and questions to Tim Hill’s intelligence?

Res, I don’t care what you say about a political leader in Washington, but leave Tim Hill out of your name calling.

Tell Tim Hill to be consistent or to at least be fair enough to make sure Trump actually said what was purported! Being the GO does not exempt him from the same public criticism he so freely heaped on the President.
1/13/18 7:36 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
"They didn't say this stuff about President Obama!"

...well, 80% of evangelicals didn't support President Obama like they do/did Trump. Leaders have an obligation to speak about things like this because Trump has broad evangelical support that Obama never did.

Respectfully, I do not think that is a very strong argument.
1/13/18 7:37 pm

AussieRain wrote:

Who used the word "coward"? You put it in quotation marks.
1/13/18 7:40 pm

Post Re: I love this statement by Tim Hill on Facebook..... Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

God help us all!”

It’s something every day. He can’t help himself

[url]Trump reportedly asks: Who's the 'pretty Korean lady'?[/url]

The link won’t work......anyway, it’s on the Fox News webpage

Yeah, I know, but I also note that its always "reportedly", and the "reporter" is always a dem who subscribes with Obama to Alinsky's Rules for Radicals which condones lies for "the greater good", so I don't know who to believe but When Dick Durban is the only one saying that he said "s-hole" and simultaneously trying to convince the world that this is "the most vile thing ever done in the Whitehouse" in his time, I also note that he was in office during Slick Willy's "dress episode", which can't possibly be as vial as saying this right? Anyways, I agree with the spirit in which Brother Hill said what he did, its very uniting and all. I just have my doubts of the sources of these "reports".

I don't doubt that Trump said something that Durban didn't like though, and may have said the word in some context other than reported. Maybe Trump should NEVER invite any democrat to talk again, it doesn't do a bit of good anyway.

Good post.
1/13/18 7:41 pm

Post Resident Skeptic AussieRain
My apologies on that part. I went back and realized I misread “anti-Trump crowd” as “anti-Trump coward”. Please forgive me.

I stand by every other word of my post, however.
Friendly Face
1/13/18 7:48 pm

AussieRain wrote:
My apologies on that part. I went back and realized I misread “anti-Trump crowd” as “anti-Trump coward”. Please forgive me.

I stand by every other word of my post, however.

Thank you for correcting yourself. On the rest, we will just agree to disagree. I wish Hill and others had half the passion Trump has to preserve this country. We spiritualize our apathy at times IMO.
1/13/18 8:29 pm

Post AussieRain
Here’s the deal Res

I don’t know Tim Hill’s politics (and neither do you), and I don’t care. I care about fidelity to the Lord.

In the same way that you suggest we can spiritualize our apathy, we can also spiritualize our secular political passions and equate them with doctrinal importance.

The COG is a very diverse, multicultural body. Some have been very hurt. The pain of a brother or sister in Christ supersedes politics.

And it wasn’t even a political statement, it was a statement about character and decorum.

Tim Hill might want the wall (he might not), I don’t know and nor do you.

Tim Hill might be in favor of the tax law (he might not be), I don’t know and nor do you.

I don’t know who he voted for, and nor do you.

But he believes our leaders shouldn’t disparage other countries with profanity.

(And if the President didn’t use the term - why didn’t the White House staff deny it immediately on the same day, instead of waiting numerous news cycles? Point is, he likely said it)

The COG has a large Haitian, Caribbean, and African constituency. Their feelings supersede my feelings for any secular politician. And my feelings for my brothers and sisters in Christ supersede my feelings for any secular politician.
Friendly Face
1/13/18 8:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic