Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mark 1:32-38......Jesus Absolutely DID NOT Heal Everyone
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Mark 1:32-38......Jesus Absolutely DID NOT Heal Everyone Old Time Country Preacher
When evening came, after the sun had set, they began bringing to Him all who were ill and those who were demon-possessed. 33 And the whole city had gathered at the door. 34 And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was. 35 In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there. 36 Simon and his companions searched for Him; 37 they found Him, and *said to Him, “Everyone is looking for You.” 38 He *said to them, “Let us go somewhere else to the towns nearby, so that I may [s]preach there also; for that is what I came for.” (NASB)

In verses 32-24, "He healed many" but it doesn't say all.

He secluded himself.

The next morning, Simon said "Everyone is looking for you." Why were they looking for him? These people wanted something from Jesus, and most everywhere he went it was primarily physical healing that people sought.

BUT.................Jesus DID NOT go back and heal any of them. Rather, he said, "Let us go somewhere else......................that I may preach there also; for that is what I came for."

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 1/29/18 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/27/18 5:31 pm

Post You know, I have ignored some of your other stuff brotherjames
But you've gone a bridge too far on this one. You are full of PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD for lack of a better term. You know very well that only you in your continued war on WOF would come up with such an outrageous statement. Your deep bias is showing and it is a bad look. You know very well that no one interprets that verse that way. It does not mean that there were any who weren't healed but rather he healed all that came to him. Many doesn't mean less than all no matter how you try to spin it, it means many, multitudes, a large number.

You probably, no infact you DID do this just to start something but I don't care. You my brother, you are my brother, are overwhelmingly, alarmingly, stupidly WRONG. I may have to incorporate the DDD acronym again.
Acts-celerater
1/27/18 7:05 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Excellent, unassailable point, Old Timer. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/18 7:10 pm

Post Et tu wyatt brotherjames
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Acts-celerater
1/27/18 8:04 pm

Post I have say that is a stretch... Mark Ledbetter
taking this passage to make your point.

The most supportive passage suggesting Jesus didn't heal everyone is found in John 11 and the death and resurrection of Lazarus. I addressed this some time ago.

Lazarus died and was raised to life but he wasn't healed.

Why, because God received greater glory in Lazarus' resurrection than in his healing.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
1/27/18 8:16 pm

Post Re: You know, I have ignored some of your other stuff Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
You know very well that no one interprets that verse that way.

Joni Erickson Tada went to a Kathryn Kuhlman meeting seeking to be healed. She was not healed. She went into depression/bitterness, then sought solace in the Scriptures. While seeking God, asking why she had not been healed, she came across the passage in Mark 1. Joni said the Lord used this passage to let her know that Jesus didn't heal everyone, that his primary purpose on earth was to preach the Gospel.

Now you say that no one interprets the passage that way, so I'll have to leave that between you and Joni.
Acts-pert Poster
1/27/18 11:06 pm

Post Poor logic skills Aaron Scott
If 400 people came to Jesus, and He healed them all, it would still be the case that many were healed. But let’s just say you’re right....

You are wanting so desperately to prove that Jesus didn’t heal all who came to Him, but notice how you grasp as this, but ignore the times when it clearly said He healed them all.

So, OK, lets assume that Jesus healed only half of all that came to Him. Why don’t we see God heal half of those who come to us? Is it because God WANTS them to stay sick? Is it your faith? While you did not prove your point, it still comes down to us seeing only a small fraction healed.

Explain. Assume that ALL is not correct. Then tell us why we still see minimal numbers of healings if we lower the bar to only 50%.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/27/18 11:56 pm

Post Four term fallacy? Aaron Scott
OTCP, do you believe that there were some that Jesus prayed for who did not get healed...or is your claim more along the lines that for some reason Jesus didn’t deal with everyone, so some were left out and not healed?

To say that Jesus didn’t heal all that got to him is very different from saying that Jesus didn’t get to them all. So, which is the claim you are desperate to make so that you can justify the belief that God wants some of us sick...but wants all of us saved?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/28/18 7:21 am

Post Jon's experience is hardly brotherjames
The basis for interpreting the Bible methinks. I am sorry for her and I was unaware she had gone to Kuhlman's meeting considering she is a Baptist. Perhaps she did but Kuhlman wasn't Jesus. So, Joni notwithstanding show me someone with a bit more theological standing. Actually, it doesn't matter. And as to Mark's point. Jesus didn't get there before Lazarus died, so how could he heal him? And if raising someone dead back to life doesn't count as a complete healing, you need some help in understanding physiology. Acts-celerater
1/28/18 7:43 am

Post diakoneo
The greatest healing Jesus accomplished was healing those who were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38.) I count myself as one of them who was healed from oppression with His stripes, as Peter said"with his stripes". Acts 10:38 says He healed "all" of them. I am perhaps incorrectly using this scripture to point out he did all that for us at Calvary. The scripture also says he went about "doing good". As ONLY He could do good. He who was God become flesh. Yes everyone He desired to physically heal, He did and we we're all (who trust in the Gospel) healed at Calvary.

Newsflash: the Gospel is more important than your temporary physical healing!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/28/18 8:44 am

Post brotherjames asks how Jesus could have healed Lazarus without being there... bonnie knox
He should read this scripture:

John 4:
46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.

47 When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death.

48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

49 The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.

50 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.

51 And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.

52 Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.

53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

Verse 48 might be an interesting verse to discuss as well.

Last edited by bonnie knox on 1/28/18 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:20 am

Post Re: Jon's experience is hardly Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
So, Joni notwithstanding show me someone with a bit more theological standing.

Shocked Shocked

Joni's a prolific writer and very well-respected within orthodox Christianity. Perhaps she is not a very accomplished WoF proof-texter, but she has established quite a bit of theological standing.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:20 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
To clarify for you OTCP - Everyone that Jesus prayed for got healed.

We do see one blind guy got a partial healing - but Jesus prayed again and he got the full healing.

Jesus' main purpose was to give folks what they really needed - and that was not physical healing.

But tragedy is common to all - then and now.

Somehow we feel if we could have had the time to pray - OUR faith would have healed folks - but alas heart attacks and car crashes happen too quickly. And we explain them away - yet God was not surprised - and did not stop it. The clay does not tell the potter the best way they should be used. We want to be the Lord and tell him HE MUST do something a certain way - because we have the faith - and He must yield to our desires - alas - it is not so. The scripture is replete with examples of such - old and new testament, as Mark said, Lazarus being the best example of why some are not healed. It is the best example because Jesus explained it step by step to us.

Again - no matter our level of faith - we do not tell the Potter how we re to be used. He has our greater good - and the greater good of all mankind at his heart.
1/28/18 9:28 am

Post Re: Jon's experience is hardly bonnie knox
If you notice, some of the WOFers will even question the theological standing of the Apostle Paul. The poor man had no more faith than to put up with the thorn in his flesh. (I believe Kenneth Copeland said something to the effect that if he had been Paul he would have rebuked the thorn in the flesh.) The fact that Paul left Trophimus sick at Miletum doesn't faze them--either Paul or Trophimus just didn't have enough faith.

Dave Dorsey wrote:
brotherjames wrote:
So, Joni notwithstanding show me someone with a bit more theological standing.

Shocked Shocked

Joni's a prolific writer and very well-respected within orthodox Christianity. Perhaps she is not a very accomplished WoF proof-texter, but she has established quite a bit of theological standing IMO.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:31 am

Post Good post bonnie knox
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
To clarify for you OTCP - Everyone that Jesus prayed for got healed.

We do see one blind guy got a partial healing - but Jesus prayed again and he got the full healing.

Jesus' main purpose was to give folks what they really needed - and that was not physical healing.

But tragedy is common to all - then and now.

Somehow we feel if we could have had the time to pray - OUR faith would have healed folks - but alas heart attacks and car crashes happen too quickly. And we explain them away - yet God was not surprised - and did not stop it. The clay does not tell the potter the best way they should be used. We want to be the Lord and tell him HE MUST do something a certain way - because we have the faith - and He must yield to our desires - alas - it is not so. The scripture is replete with examples of such - old and new testament, as Mark said, Lazarus being the best example of why some are not healed. It is the best example because Jesus explained it step by step to us.

Again - no matter our level of faith - we do not tell the Potter how we re to be used. He has our greater good - and the greater good of all mankind at his heart.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:34 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
He has our greater good - and the greater good of all mankind at his heart.

I'm not sure if there is a statement that requires greater faith than this one. Coming to accept, believe, and rejoice in this truth was a long process for me. But it's true in every trial and every tribulation. Nothing befalls God's children except that which God will use for our good.

It's funny to think that trusting in God's goodness and sovereignty will get you labeled as a doubter.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:35 am

Post I didn't say He couldn't have healed him from a distance brotherjames
He waited. Now Mark and OT will say because He waited it proves it is not God's will to heal everyone and I will respond as I have on the past, Resurrection certainly qualifies as healing considering all the organs had shut down, the flesh was putrefying - healing is called for. Basic understanding of physiology understands that in order for a dead thing to come back to life the underlying disease that killed him along with having his organs repaired would have to be accomplished. And they weill disagree and so it goes.

I am preaching on faith in a few moments, specifically on pda 62:5. My expectation is from the Lord. I have often discovered you get in life what you expect. For the doubters, be sure God's mercy is yours sometimes even in spite of your doubts. Praise God. As for me, I expect a miracle. You don't so you will never have to deal with disappointment.
Acts-celerater
1/28/18 9:36 am

Post Re: I didn't say He couldn't have healed him from a distance Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
You don't so you will never have to deal with disappointment.

Sure don't -- because my faith is in Christ, and He never fails or disappoints. What I am believing and trusting for, I have 100% total and complete confidence that I will receive. There is nothing on earth, in heaven, or under the earth that can separate me from it.

Last edited by Dave Dorsey on 1/28/18 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:37 am

Post I hope you repent of lying about your fellow believers before you get into the pulpit bonnie knox
Quote:
You don't [expect miracles] so you will never have to deal with disappointment.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/18 9:38 am

Post Re: brotherjames asks how Jesus could have healed Lazarus without being there... bradfreeman
bonnie knox wrote:
He should read this scripture:

John 4:
46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.

47 When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death.

48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

49 The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.

50 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.

51 And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.

52 Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.

53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

Verse 48 might be an interesting verse to discuss as well.

Lazarus wasn't healed?

John 11:44 And Lazarus came—bound up in the gravecloth, his face muffled in a head swath. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

I think he was!

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/28/18 10:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic