Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - videos led in to Tommy Bates? Never heard him before

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - videos led in to Tommy Bates? Never heard him before Dean Steenburgh
I Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - the videos led eventually in to Tommy Bates, whom I'm assuming is a CoG evangelist? Never heard him before & I like his style.
Sings a song at a fairly large church called "I went to pray" ...this dude can sing, haven't heard him preach yet.
Is he still in the CoG?
Apparently he has never been to the west coast.

As a side note the Dallas CoG reminds me of an A/G church here in Riverdale, CA. They are def a throw back to the days of holiness we used to experience. When I pastored in the A/G's we would visit there for sectional meetings. My wife would tone down the makeup, pile up the hair lol & I would always wear a white dress shirt & walk in with a clean shaved face.
They have a 100+ voice choir that tours all over the U.S. but mostly in churches like theirs. The church is so popular the city & the school district meet with them yearly before they create their calendars so they don't compete with the church or else nobody will attend the secular event.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/11/18 9:52 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Bates is independent and pastors in Kentucky last I heard. Acts-pert Poster
1/11/18 9:54 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
http://www.tommybates.com/ or

https://www.facebook.com/tommybatesministries/
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/12/18 1:28 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Tommy Bates is independent but preaches at a lot of state (COG) campmeetings. Has a pretty good size church - 113 acres of land with several buildings - all debt free. He can preach and sing. He has 3 Sunday morning services and yes, a Sunday night service which is livestreamed at 6pm and 11 am. It is archived for a week. I usually watch both services on line. Our General O preached at his church back in Sept. A good man for sure!! Friendly Face
1/12/18 7:08 am

Post Re: Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - videos led in to Tommy Bates? Never heard him before SouthGeorgiaBoy
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
I Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - the videos led eventually in to Tommy Bates, whom I'm assuming is a CoG evangelist? Never heard him before & I like his style.
Sings a song at a fairly large church called "I went to pray" ...this dude can sing, haven't heard him preach yet.
Is he still in the CoG?

As a side note the Dallas CoG reminds me of an A/G church here in Riverdale, CA. They are def a throw back to the days of holiness we used to experience. When I pastored in the A/G's we would visit there for sectional meetings. My wife would tone down the makeup, pile up the hair lol & I would always wear a white dress shirt & walk in with a clean shaved face.
They have a 100+ voice choir that tours all over the U.S. but mostly in churches like theirs. The church is so popular the city & the school district meet with them yearly before they create their calendars so they don't compete with the church or else nobody will attend the secular event.

What is the name of that AG church there in Riverdale? There is a large AG church in Van Buren, Arkansas that the majority of their songs are out of our Red back hymnal.
Acts Enthusiast
1/19/18 10:47 am

Post Mr. Bates clevelandgrad
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Tommy Bates is not a friend to the Church of God. Loves to preach in all our special gatherings but grows his church by his people proselyting the members of the Church of God and other churches in the greater Cincinnati area.
1/19/18 2:50 pm

Post Re: Mr. Bates THE LOVE OF GOD
clevelandgrad wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Tommy Bates is not a friend to the Church of God. Loves to preach in all our special gatherings but grows his church by his people proselyting the members of the Church of God and other churches in the greater Cincinnati area.

I don't know who told you that but they were wrong. I know COG people who went there on Sunday Nights and then started on Wed nights - one couple who went there are over 3 years and were never approached to join their church - in fact they paid their tithe to their COG and finally said, well our COG doesn't have church on Sunday night and small groups on Wed night so we are coming here and paying our tithe. He is definitely anointed and they are an older couple who KNOW the anointing. That person is now an elder and has never been told to proselyte people. I talk with him frequently.

He is definitely anointed and knows how to move in the Spirit and yes he preaches 3 services Sunday morning and one Sunday night. He also Livestreams 11 am and 6pm at WWW.CFCKY.COM. He archives them for a whole week. Good praying people.

BTW He had Tim Hill preach for him in Sept of 2017.
Friendly Face
1/19/18 9:32 pm

Post Re: Saw the thread on Dallas, N.C. CoG - videos led in to Tommy Bates? Never heard him before Dean Steenburgh
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Is he still in the CoG?

What is the name of that AG church there in Riverdale? There is a large AG church in Van Buren, Arkansas that the majority of their songs are out of our Red back hymnal.

Riverdale Assembly - Good group of people and their music is awesome!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/20/18 1:23 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Tommy Bates is the real deal. When I heard him in person, one of the things that I thought was great was that he told people if they could afford to support his ministry, that was awesome. But he said he did not want little old ladies sending in their money if they needed it themselves. I've never heard any minister tell people to keep their $ if they couldn't afford it.

I am pretty sure he said they are debt free, too. They also have a lot of young people who have been delivered from drugs and are on fire for Jesus. He preaches boldly and isn't afraid to call sin "sin."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/20/18 7:35 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Tommy Bates is the real deal. When I heard him in person, one of the things that I thought was great was that he told people if they could afford to support his ministry, that was awesome. But he said he did not want little old ladies sending in their money if they needed it themselves. I've never heard any minister tell people to keep their $ if they couldn't afford it.

I am pretty sure he said they are debt free, too. They also have a lot of young people who have been delivered from drugs and are on fire for Jesus. He preaches boldly and isn't afraid to call sin "sin."

TRIPLE Amen. getting ready to watch him now..
Friendly Face
1/21/18 6:03 pm

Post Re: Mr. Bates uthdude2000
clevelandgrad wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

WOW!!! You must know something that the rest of ACTS-celerators don't know, please clue us in.

Thanks in advance
1/31/18 11:13 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic