Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

delete
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post delete Eddie Robbins

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/13/18 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/11/18 5:44 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
He’s just a wonderful human being. And a genius, obviously. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/11/18 5:58 pm

Post Cojak
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/11/18 9:10 pm

Post Wonderful Statement Change Agent
Best ******* genius I have ever heard. Its eiither a lie or hate most times when he opens his mouth. Acts Enthusiast
1/12/18 11:17 am

Post UncleJD
Those countries are awesome! Everyone wants to move there! Who else is going on vacation there this year? Laughing

Can you share the audio where he said it? I know WaPo reported it and they are the bastion of truth, but I'd like to hear it too since he claims he didn't say it.

(fwiw he shouldn't have said it about the people from those countries if he did, but I'm so used to these stories being refuted every single time that I just don't quite believe it yet)

And as for the world's reaction, they better put up or shut up. There is no doubt who is sending the most aid to those places already.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/12/18 11:22 am

Post And yet many pastors play the same game.... Aaron Scott
That is, pastors often tailor toward the young, up-and-coming crowd Sure, in theory, we want EVERYONE, rich, poor, black, white, educated, not educated, etc. But the practice seems to decidedly come down on the side of those who have means, are educated, etc. I would imagine this is a practice of newer churches over older churches (which come with a built in crowd, whatever that crowd is).

It's not inherently wrong to want to pick the best players for your team, is it? I do not like his language, but the point seems to be that America is taking in too many immigrants that bring little to the American table. YES, we should seek to watch out for such people, BUT look down the road 50 years....

We bring in people who do not have a shared cultural history. We bring in people who have religions often anathema to Christianity. We bring in people who require massive amounts of government assistance. These things are not in themselves wrong, but remember something: America has a secular government that is not about building the Kingdom of God. Churches would likely welcome all sorts, but if America is to continue on, we have to think ahead.

Does anyone get upset if a football team drafts the best players they can? No. We understand that this is not about making sure everyone gets to play NFL football. It's about winning.

Anyone who is in mortal danger due to genocidal policies, corruption, war, etc., that's the sort of person--of virtually any stripe--that we should seek to harbor. But just because someone wants to do better for themselves--while that is an admirable goal--does not obligate us to, I don't think--to automatically take them in.

Again, I am differentiating between the Church and the Government.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/12/18 11:30 am

Post I’m guessing Trump would prefer to remove this as well... Quiet Wyatt
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Famous last lines of the poem by Emma Lazarus, “New Colossus,” written as part of a campaign to raise money for the construction of the pedestal for the Statue of Liberty. The poem was placed on a plaque which was then mounted inside the pedestal.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/12/18 11:42 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I could be mistaken, but Trump looked rather uncomfortable while Ben Carson was speaking about MLK and all men being created equally just now. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/12/18 11:47 am

Post UncleJD
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I could be mistaken, but Trump looked rather uncomfortable while Ben Carson was speaking about MLK and all men being created equally just now.

Trump has always spoken highly of MLK
1/12/18 11:49 am

Post Cojak
If he said it, it should have not been said. It is very easy to believe he said it because he says too many things that MANY PEOPLE 'ONLY THINK' INCLUDING POLITICIANS.

We are in an 'accusatory' era. We are in an era where even intimate talks are published when they should not be. Once accused in this day, it is fact.

I know I am guilty, and possibly you are guilty of making statements in a situation you would NEVER want to be published. I have a cousin whose ego is bigger than Georgia, he is a great guy. We all like him and he has been pretty successful. My sister who is computer illiterate, sent me an e-mail and mistakenly sent it to him also. She was talking to me and said he thinks he hung the moon! Truth, but it was between she and I. She did not mean for that for publication.

Trump and evidently MANY people in the public's eye at time say something or tell a joke they should not have. BUT IT WAS MEANT TO BE PRIVATE. Or make a stupid statement like 'campaigning in all 57 states,' that is repeated over and over.

If he said it, it is another 'mouth gaff' that should have not been made. And yes his mouth causes him multitudes of problems. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/12/18 11:59 am

Post Change Agent
Even Fox News who loves Trump very much stated that he shouldn't have stated the sh**hole comment. (Not fake News) Acts Enthusiast
1/12/18 12:34 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Famous last lines of the poem by Emma Lazarus, “New Colossus,” written as part of a campaign to raise money for the construction of the pedestal for the Statue of Liberty. The poem was placed on a plaque which was then mounted inside the pedestal.

Yes, I imagine he would take issue with this to some extent. In fact, ALL OF US DO. Why? Because I doubt that anyone thinks it's a great idea to bring in only the unskilled, illiterate, etc. to our country. Shoot, we make a big enough stink about paying taxes to take care of the welfare for those who were born and raised here...let alone those who came later.

In my original post (I must have erased it and began anew), I used "huddled masses" and stated that it was flawed in some way. In any case, while we should be a beacon of hope and liberty to the world, we also have to realize that we will one day no longer be ABLE to be a beacon...because we will have destroyed ourselves in the process.

We ALREADY are deeply concerned about the Muslims in our midst. Consider what that may look like 40 years from now. Our children may very likely be around to see the fall of America as the leading country of liberty.

While we should seek to rescue the needy, we have to also try to recruit/accept those who can make a strong contribution to our nation, those that will fit within the cultural framework that we operate within (for the most part, anyway).

Indeed, it strikes all sorts of romantic chords and noble bells within our souls to think of how the world's poor, downtrodden, deeply needy folks can come here and have a new beginning. For every story that can be told of those who came with nothing and made something of themselves, there are likely a lot more stories of those who came with nothing...and navigated the system to their advantage.

I wish we could do something for them all. And perhaps we can--by trying to help their nation. But to basically take responsibility for all the world's needy is to wind up eventually being unable to proceed.
1/12/18 12:54 pm

Post bradfreeman
UncleJD wrote:
(fwiw he shouldn't have said it about the people from those countries if he did, but I'm so used to these stories being refuted every single time that I just don't quite believe it yet)

By "refuted" you must mean he says he didn't say it... "Grab 'em by the _____"

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/12/18 1:05 pm

Post Re: I’m guessing Trump would prefer to remove this as well... Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Perhaps it could be torn down and thrown where the 10 commandments plaques are all disposed of.

I still believe that would work today - if we were still the melting pot. Where we all get tossed together and become one. That made us great.

We don't teach becoming one anymore - everyone should be whatever they want to be.

I don't think we can have it both ways. A house divided against itself can not stand. Politics of today want us to be divided because it guarantees votes. If Abe (and the Bible) are correct - the U. S. will fall - and it will be swift when it happens.
1/12/18 1:43 pm

Post UncleJD
bradfreeman wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Nope and your intellectual dishonesty is showing, you know very well that the news media has launched numerous attacks and then backtracked them (usually after hours when the lemmings are resting). Pretty disgusting of you btw.
1/12/18 1:51 pm

Post NBF... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Perhaps it could be torn down and thrown where the 10 commandments plaques are all disposed of.

I still believe that would work today - if we were still the melting pot. Where we all get tossed together and become one. That made us great.

We don't teach becoming one anymore - everyone should be whatever they want to be.

I don't think we can have it both ways. A house divided against itself can not stand. Politics of today want us to be divided because it guarantees votes. If Abe (and the Bible) are correct - the U. S. will fall - and it will be swift when it happens.

Exactly right. Today, we are a Balkanized nation of divisive and combative interests. It seems that in times past, immigrants truly assimilated into our nation, instead of forming factions that pretty much resist what it used to mean to be an American, etc.
1/12/18 1:56 pm

Post UncleJD
Change Agent wrote:
Even Fox News who loves Trump very much stated that he shouldn't have stated the sh**hole comment. (Not fake News)

Fox News -

Two Republicans, meanwhile, said they could "not recall" the president using the language -- following reports that he questioned why the U.S. was taking immigrants from “s---hole” countries.

I've asked a few times who the Republicans were that admitted it and I'm not being coy, I really want to know.
1/12/18 1:57 pm

Post Eddie Robbins

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/13/18 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/12/18 2:08 pm

Post bradfreeman
Spoken like the true champion of the religious right. Rolling Eyes

Acts-dicted
1/12/18 3:07 pm

Post bradfreeman
UncleJD wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Nope and your intellectual dishonesty is showing, you know very well that the news media has launched numerous attacks and then backtracked them (usually after hours when the lemmings are resting). Pretty disgusting of you btw.

Intellectual dishonesty? I'm not the one who claimed the stories are "being refuted every single time." Laughing

Acts-dicted
1/12/18 3:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic